Simply Being There
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/ ... 5/ruri.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Still waters run deep

Word Count: 312

When Savina seemed surprised that Ruri knew Princess, Ruri could only smile. She imagined she would have felt the same way were she in the other woman's shoes, so to speak. The chuckle coming from the Italian woman quickly told Ruri that her guess was incorrect, making her chuckle along with Savina, though there was a bit of embarrassment as well as amusement behind hers. As the Commander explained how she knew Haven, and the rest of the details regarding Haven's mothers Ruri listened carefully, making sure to remember. Learning about her friends was always very important to Ruri. As lautari it was her job to make her pack mates happy, and if she knew more about each of them she would do better at guessing what could be bothering them when they were upset. "I see. I appreciate you telling me this Savina. I'm always glad to learn more about my friends, and Haven's a very dear friend of mine. You might find it interesting to know that he helped save my life when I first washed ashore on these lands. If he hadn't found me, I might have laid there until I died." Ruri was perhaps being a bit dramatic; for indeed Firefly had found her soon after Haven had, but it was possible that Firefly might not have seen her if Haven hadn't been kneeling beside her. Perhaps Savina would tell Haven's adopted mother about his impact on Ruri's life and give even more reason for her to be proud of her adopted son. Ruri owed much to the young Knight, more than even she knew. If it hadn't been for Haven, Heath might have come to see Ruri when he was drunk and their relationship might be in a rocky place right now. Instead, she and Heath were mates, and Haven had had a sizeable part in that.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread