The Telling Truth
[html]

WC 385
Sorry, my muse seemed to be on holiday today.

The soft crunch of snow met her ears, shortly followed by a visual on her new companion. Another female appeared just past a large oak, fur a light shade of grey, tinged with autumn browns and a muzzle of pale cream. The most distinguishing feature, in Lucia's opinion, was the female's eyes; a neat shade of ocean blue, perhaps the colour of the sky in summertime. With a single glance, the ebony femme's muscles relaxed, this female seemed to have a light aura; kind, almost innocent. Lucia no longer felt threatened, the atmosphere now a little brighter.

Drawing one last drag out of her cigarette, Lucia threw the butt to the ground; a short fizzle as the snow put it out. Nodding respectively toward the older female, her lips curled into a warm smile. She always tried to set a good first impression; experiences had taught her that words travel faster than legs, thus a bad word could go for a hundred miles. That was never good, especially if you needed warm food and a place to crash.

“I'm Lucia Cabriel,”
her tone was short, yet friendly. She had never been good with others, her constant paranoia and anxiety wavered any chance of a normal connection. “What is this place? You live here?” The questions were genuine, and though Lucia had thought it previously best to keep her travelling lifestyle a secret, this woman seemed trusting enough to ask the questions that nobody else would answer.

Pausing, Lucia's hands slid into the bag. Pulling out a half empty bottle of Jack Daniels, she pointed the bottle in Anu's direction, her jade optics watching the lighter female carefully. Though she had stated that her intentions were good, Lucia still felt a little uneasy. A new place, new people; it did not sit well with her instincts. Luckily, her demons had seen little action, thus the feelings were suppressed to a manageable level (and hopefully they would remain that way).
“Would you like some? It warms the soul.” A smile danced across her façade, generosity was not one of her strong points, however she didn't feel as though she was doing too much of a bad job. “If not, I have a blanket if you're cold...” She signalled towards her bag. “Help yourself...”

[/html]

Messages In This Thread