The Telling Truth
[html]

WC 318.
I'm not sure what happened with this one - I knew what I wanted to write, but it just wasn't getting put down on paper, so to speak. Sorry, I think it's another off day.

The ebony femme listened intently, eyes glued atop Anu with an inquisitive gaze. The words she spoke were kind and thoughtful, answering her questions politely and – one would assume – honestly. She listened to the description of the pack carefully, and though she knew she possessed such traits, she doubted they would be able to handle her slightly wilder side. She had a knack for danger – as though it followed her wherever she went – and though this was not far from the truth, a lack of understanding (or even remote knowledge of her condition) placed doubts in her mind. She did not feel as though this was the right place for her to sign off her traveling nature.

“Sounds like a nice place to live,”
Lucia responded quietly, her eyes gleaming with more questions and queries about the land she had ended up in. “So,” she paused, trying to read if Anu was becoming remotely agitated, or even bored, with her excess questioning and grilling about the world around her. “What are the other packs like? What's the story?” She hoped she didn't seem too inquisitive – as the saying goes, curiosity killed the cat. Though, with Lucia's mind how it was, being a wolf meant that curiosity was not likely to try and put her in the cat's place – or at least, she hoped it wouldn't.

Shifting slightly, her eyes checking the horizon during the silence between the two females, paranoia and anxiety making her never trusting of the world around her; always edgy, especially in a place she did not know inside-out. Weary, Lucia flicked her tail, an almost impatience to its twitching.
“What are these rumors of war?” She finally blurted out, dying to know everything she could about this landscape, and the tales that circulated between travelers and pack members alike. “How did that happen?”

[/html]

Messages In This Thread