The Telling Truth
[html]

WC 382.

The ways of the war intrigued Lucia – she had always been fascinated by it, yet to be placed in a landscape which had been riddled with the wounds of such, was an even better coincidence. Though she listened well to Anu's warnings, there was still a part of her eager to explore this situation more closely – perhaps even join the ranks of the many souls who placed their lives on the line for such a cause, yet Lucia was not stupid, and even though the war seemed to tingle at her addiction of adrenaline, she held herself steady and did not continue to consider such a plan.

“I see,”
she replied softly, very much aware of the sorrow the topic seemed to bring to the lighter female, “But,” she paused, wondering if her curiosity would in fact kill her one day, “why the attack?” It was a simple question, yet given the disturbance it had given to the other female's mood, Lucia was unsure on whether asking it had been such a wise idea. If her question was answered, the ebony female made a mental note to change the subject. It was the polite thing to do, and being that this female had been nothing but nice, she figured it was the only option to take.

“So, on a completely different topic--”
Her words stopped, eyes traveled to the cause – a crow had landed on a branch nearby, its calls echoing around them, interfereing with their conversation. Her tassel flicked side-to-side, irritation in her posture. “...Damn bird,” she muttered under her breath, before turning her gaze back to the older femme, trying to remember what she was going to say. It was often a habit for Lucia to forget things; and though she blamed it on her past, and the abuse she caused herself with alcohol, drugs, and her general way of life, there was a deeper, much darker reason for it – and there was no doubt that in time this reason would rear its ugly head; there was just one glimmer of hope... that nobody would be there to see it.

“--Got family? Lovers? Siblings? I don't mean to intrude – just jealous, you see. I don't have anyone.”

[/html]

Messages In This Thread