The Telling Truth
[html]

WC 809.
How'd you get all those icons? ;o ...The tree and stuff, I'm jealous, lol.

It appeared to Lucia that this war resembled a lot of the factors in a book she had once read. The story had been called Pandora's Box, and from what Anu had shared with her, there were a lot of similarities. Tilting her head thoughtfully, tassel flickering side-to-side; perfect rhythm with her heartbeat, the ebony canine pondered on this theory. It was clear that despair had swept over many – the loss of life and the turmoil and paranoia that war caused, it was enough to spark the first wave. The second wave, disease and illness, came from wounds of the soldiers; without proper healing, infection set in and their blood would be poisoned, causing excruciating pain, and eventually death. Death, though caused by wounds and fighting, would also be instantaneous on the battle fields, if even the right blow to the body – canines were ruthless if they had to be, and Lucia had no doubt in her mind that those truly loyal to their pack would be ruthless to the last breath. It was sad really, yet it was also an admirable trait; for someone to die for their pack, for the next generation, it was an honorable thing really. She doubted, however, that anyone else really viewed it that way. Last, but not least, the final wave of the story, one which Lucia herself could relate to – hope. Anu was also one of the many who spread this wave amongst the land, passing it to strangers like herself. It was a beautiful sight, but the question was, would hope pull it off? Would the battle cease? That was the last thing to relate to this strange story in Greek Mythology; doubt. It followed hope like a shadow – balance was essential. Right and wrong, good and bad, dark and light... hope and doubt. Everything fitted together to create an almost harmonious cosmos for everything to live, breathe and survive in; a grand design, perhaps? Lucia did not quite believe this, but she had learned a great many things on her travels; the main being to keep an open mind, and that's exactly what she did.

Collecting her thoughts, swinging through them like an accountant to money, the ebony female's eyes fell back over Anu – the once empty gaze now intrigued and bright.
“Do you know the story of Pandora's Box?” she asked plainly, unaware of if that book could even be found in Nova Scotia. She figured that it may still rest in the library of the ruined city, yet if anyone had read it, that was a different thing entirely. It was no matter, however, for she had many books in her rucksack – this was no exception. “This war bares a lot of resemblance,” she stated – wondering if Anu felt the same way. “The plagues of the world, all from a box... War, dispair, illness and disease...--” she paused, looking directly at Anu, a placid smile atop her maw. “--Hope... Don't lose that trait,” she whispered, “It'll serve you well, I'm sure.”

Glancing upward at the sky, it came to Lucia's attention that the day was lessening; dark clouds were rolling in and the sun had began to set. She had been unaware of how long she had been traveling, how long she had been standing with this female. It was nice, in a strange kind of way. There weren't too many friendly folk these days, for everyone seemed too wrapped up in their own problems, or, as it seemed to be a theme of the day, the war. Smiling to herself, Lucia felt lighter, as though the conversation had brought her momentary peace of mind. She hoped to herself that she would meet this canine again someday; preferably sooner rather than later. With her eyes still upon the sky, Lucia's maw parted, her pink tongue dancing as she answered Anu's question – a hidden sadness in her eyes, but also a peace; maddening, empty peace, but peace nonetheless.

“I'm from a place far away from here,”
she whispered bluntly, “My mother went mad – we didn't have it easy,” she spared the fact that her mother was raped, and that Lucia was the outcome. “One night this guy raped and killed her,” there was a small pause, perhaps in respect to her mother, or maybe just to breathe. “I killed him and left. Never been back since--” She smiled at Anu, an almost sociopathic glimmer in her eyes, “I want to settle here. Find a lover, make a family.” She paused, almost laughing at herself; the thought was ridiculous, nobody would ever want her for more than anything other than a toy. “I want a life away from traveling, you see? I'm tired of being nobody.”

[/html]

Messages In This Thread