The Telling Truth
[html]

wrap up soon?

An ear flicked backwards, her thoughts drifting from the plagues of war and to things far more pleasant. Though she worried for them, Anu found the memories and ideas of her family a comforting thing. She often wondered how those she had left, or that had left her, faired. The female’s change in topic had brought her to think about all that had happened before she had ever come here. Once before she had been a traveler, seeking something, perhaps running from something. Even if it was something as simple as loneliness. Her memories of those years had been hazy from some time now, the details faded, skewed by time and her own imagination. Still she could not let the faces that had changed her life go, the lines of their features etched in her mind’s eye.

At the female’s voice Anu shook her head, having never heard the name before. “I’m afraid I don’t.” The Dreamer knew little about the stories of humans, never learning to read as some wolves did. She listened intently as Lucia explained. It did not sound like something that Anu would enjoy, yet as her eyes locked with the emerald of the other fey Anu could take a bit that hit home. Hope was a thing Anu was never without, even if she had to cling tightly to it, she still did not loose it. Anu nodded, understanding that it would and had served her well.

The wolf’s attention seemed to be fleeting, and a moment of silence enveloped the pair. Her response was quiet, though the words did not seem soft. The story came, and it was a tragic tale that Anu almost regretted asking about. Still she sat with a calm face, feeling sorry for the other female. When she smiled the Dreamer found it extremely unsettling. To the point where she felt the urge to rise from her seat, but Anu fought it. She took a breath. She found her voice within reach and spoke sincerely, “I hope you find that.” Anu paused, remembering that she had once wanted to be more then just a nobody. “Everyone deserves that.” Anu spoke truthfully.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]

300+

Messages In This Thread