The Telling Truth
[html]

WC 483.
How's this for a wrap up? Smile

Anu's words floated through her auds like clouds on a summer's day, lightly passing through and giving a small glimmer of happiness to the ebony female. Her lack of knowledge on the story of Pandora was remotely shocking, though she supposed that in a strange way, she already knew the answer. It was a rare tale to be told, or read for that matter, thus Lucia proposed one day she would retell the tale – if such an opportunity presented itself.
“It is a shame,” she whispered quietly, her eyes relaxed as she felt this conversation coming to an end. That was the problem with being a stranger; there was only so much time that others could, or would, spend with you. She knew this inside-out, yet each time, it hurt just a tiny bit more. However, it was always possible that she would meet these faces again in the future, so by holding onto that bit of hope, it never hurt enough to damage her. “It is a good story. Maybe we can share it sometime?”

Her lips curled into a smile, yet her eyes traveled to the sky. There was something so fascinating about it, no matter what time of day or weather that it carried along. It was a beautiful thing, and almost as misunderstood as the ebony loner herself. Glancing back at Anu, she spoke once more, a smile still atop her lips, and her eyes dancing hopefully.
“I hope I find that too,” she agreed, nodding her head as she spoke, perhaps not intentionally, but agreement nonetheless. “However, I guess one cannot find that by staying here all day, eh?” She paused, there was nothing worse than a goodbye, or at least, that was her opinion. “Thus,” she smiled again, for perhaps the last time in a long while. “I should be on my way. There is shelter I need to find, and food to be discovered.” She nodded politely at Anu, “Perhaps we'll meet again soon, yes? Who knows, maybe I'll choose to be in your pack.”

With a last cheerful glance, Lucia began to turn; her steps crushing shrubbery and dirt. Walking away from Anu, her face dropped – loneliness beginning to creep into her veins once again. It would be a long couple of days, but at least there might be another face along the way.
“Goodbye Anu,” she barked into the wind, not looking back – for the emotion on her face showed weakness, and that was never good. “Take care,” she listened to her words roll off her tongue, and as they did, her legs increased to a jog, clearing a rise in the landscape and disappearing from view. Lucia would remember her face, and the conversation very well. It would be a shame if they did not meet again, that was for certain.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread