Home Sweet Home
[html]<style type="text/css">p{margin:0;padding:0;text-indent:40px;}</style>
http://i49.tinypic.com/122232d.jpg);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;width:500px;background-color:#C5B59B;text-align:justify;font-family:georgia;font-size:0.95em;line-height:1.4em;color:#233833;">

Don't worry about it Smile Also isn't wittle Lotus so smart XD Aria said she's busy, so she can feel free to enter at anytime (I doubt much'll happen, anyway... I just really want to post *cough*)

Word Count: 392

Yumiko began to crouch down in order to gather some things, when a young voiced called out across the forest. She paused in her awkward half-crouch, her ears twitching for further sounds, and stood up again. What did that even mean, anyway? Duh, snow was on the ground. She called out to the little one, mildly cautious but mostly in case their parents were near and protective. "Snow? Yeah, it's pretty cold out, isn't it?" She said, a quizzical note to her voice. She strode with difficulty through the high drifts towards the voice, and found a small pup that blended in with the surroundings, with the exception of a beautiful black dorsal stripe. He looked barely 3 months old, and she couldn't tell if he was Luperci or not. It struck her with practically an audible sound as it clicked into place; the child had been replying to her!

She grinned down at the little one, and bent down to be closer to his eye level. "Thank you for the help, but I'm not looking for snow or dirt. I need something softer, to sleep on." She said, as the 'something' she'd mentioned earlier had been intended for a bed-like area in the back of her new den. She laughed lightly in the crisp air. Wait... shouldn't someone be watching this little one? Why was she talking to someone's child, anyway. She didn't even know him. "Um... are your parents around?" She asked him, despite knowing they couldn't be too close or she'd be able to smell them now that she was looking. She inhaled deeply, to be sure, and found only a few squirrels in their nests, her own familiar scent, and that of the young male in front of her.

Unsure what to do, she absently picked some dirt from her thigh and swept her tail behind her across the snow. She wanted to continue gathering some items for her den, but the new pup came first. She couldn't let him come to harm, so even if that involved going about her business with a little one following her for a few hours, until his parents appeared, she would make sure to watch over him. Waiting for a reply about his parents, she smiled at him in rather motherly way and told him her name was Yumiko.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread