Clearing Out the Cobwebs
[html]<style type="text/css">p{margin:0;padding:0;text-indent:40px;}</style>
http://i49.tinypic.com/122232d.jpg);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;width:500px;background-color:#C5B59B;text-align:justify;font-family:georgia;font-size:0.95em;line-height:1.4em;color:#233833;">

Smile Thankees. Just a random conversation; I like piercings Tongue I figured you could reply, than I could have to go for whatever reason. Short and sweet <3 I'm assuming that's long enough to be a 'completed thread'

Word Count: 504

As the birds quieted down and a breeze blew snow into her face, Yumiko stopped wasting time and hurriedly finished gathering feathers. There was a lot more than the last time she was here, so she didn't need to gather any pine needles. Eventually she'd replace the annoying disposable bedding with soft furs, but in the meantime these were perfect when she was in her smallest form. She got to her feet and, walking carefully so as not to drop her load, she headed towards her nearby home. The trees glistened in the sunlight with the snow on every branch, and she smiled at the sight. Yumiko never thought winter was a pretty sight; she found the concept strange as one who grew up on a beachside cliff. She carefully put the feathers in the far corner of her den and spread them out with an absent paw, none too neatly since she'd disturb them come nighttime, anyway.

Yumiko paused, an ear twitching. She could hear the distinctive crunch that footfalls forging a new trail through snow made nearby. She stuck her head out of the small entrance, and saw a dark she-wolf in a black cloak, and carrying a string of fish. She blinked. What were they doing all the way out here? She practically smacked herself in the head as she realised that, duh, they had been fishing. The wolf was far above her in rank, so it wouldn't hurt to be friendly, at least. She stepped from her hiding place, behind the short log fence surrounding her den, and raised a hand in greeting.

"Hello there!" She called out softly despite her voice echoing slightly amongst the caves and icy trees. "Good catch, for the season. I'm Yumiko, may I ask your name?" She smiled sweetly and took a few steps nearer the other wolf, and only than noticed her many piercings throughout her face. She blinked. Never before had she seen such markings, but she'd lived a sheltered life. Perhaps it was normal here. In fact, she rather liked it. After all she already had a small hoop in her own ear, but that was small and unnoticable. This stranger's piercings made a statement of a different sort, that showed her wild nature. Perhaps it was just a facade though, and they were actually very sweet with a tough face. Yumiko's paws trembled slightly, too quick to be noticible unless looked for, as she realised maybe this wolf was more dangerous than they had first appeared. "Those are beautiful. How did you get them done?"

Her own hoop was put in when she was very young, and she'd never thought to ask how it was done. It was probably far more painful than she remembered, and would like to know in advance before wandering off and getting somethign done herself. Around the two wolves the trampled snow glinted slightly, and another breeze passed by and blew up some of the drifts; it seemed a storm might be on its way.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread