Clearing Out the Cobwebs
[html]<style type="text/css">p{margin:0;padding:0;text-indent:40px;}</style>
http://i49.tinypic.com/122232d.jpg);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;width:500px;background-color:#C5B59B;text-align:justify;font-family:georgia;font-size:0.95em;line-height:1.4em;color:#233833;">

Word Count: 566

As Ember mentioned her sister from Phoenix Valley, Yumiko couldn't help but smile wider. The thought of meeting someone who could teach her more, or at least different, techniques would be of great help for her advancement through the pack. She would have to remember to find this wolf later on, and speak with them about healing. It seemed a good way to spend a night. "That sounds perfect. If I have the time to spare, then sometime I'll head down there. Thanks."Her voice was more energetic than usual, and rang of honesty.

Her mother had been a very skilled healer from years and years of practice, but only had a few months to teach Yumiko her skills before she passed away. Keeping her mind away from the subject, she instead stared intently at the fish draped over Ember's shoulder. Flies were beginning to gather around the meat, although far fewer then in the warmer months. Thankfully the darker wolf's every movement was enough to send them buzzing around for several long seconds and they barely stayed in contact with the fish for long. She lifted her eyes back to Ember's when she spoke, and she was rather shocked at the blatent way she described being hurt so many times. "You've had a hard life, I can see. I've only ever had one bad injury..." she said while rubbing the scar on her snout absently. Apart from the past few months, and that one night, she'd been incredibly fortunate up to this point. She had a close family, a loving sister, and plenty of prey. The only hardship she had ever faced was what gave her the prominant scar across her snout, when a wild bear attacked her in the forest before she was old enough to even shift.

She shook her head slightly to clear her mind and as she spoke of the fish and Ember replied, Ember lifted them up with subconcious pride. Yumiko's eyes smiled and she nodded, giving a silent approval of the haul. She herself was never one to fish, preferring to hunt her prey in the forests with her natural speed on her side. She was very surprised by the sincerity of Ember's request. She stammered a little, for even though she was a naturally friendly person it was rare for the feeling to be returned so readily. "Th-that sounds great!" she blurted before she could think, then Yumiko paused and let her voice return to its normal, calmer tone. "I mean, it's been really interesting speaking with you too. I'd love some directions, since I certainly don't know where that place is.... oh, and trust me; there's no right way, or basics, in healing. There's thousands of ways to do every little thing, and I'd love to hear your take on techniques." She grinned widely, then looked back with a droop in her tail at her den she'd been working on earlier. "I guess I should get back to work. Drop by sometime, and I can make us something."

She paused and gazed at the dark female out of the corner of an eye. "Feel free to bring someone else too, if you like." After all, for all she knew the woman had 5 kids and a mate at home. If she wanted to, bringing someone along for dinner would just let her get to know her even better.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread