Take it out on me [M]
[html]

WC 1085
Amazing post hun! I hope this was the kind of response you were after! Smile

The terrain was quiet, too quiet – and even though the ebony femme could hear movement, she began to question whether it lay all in her mind, and in fact the lack of sleep had made her paranoid. Questioning her credibility, her senses, made her nervous – muscles tensed and auds flicking impatiently, awaiting sounds to appear in the flesh, though no voice had responded to her calls. Growling quietly, directed more-so at her current insecurities in reading her environment, Lucia began to doubt there even was a presence lingering, that she had imaged such things to make her loneliness ease up, and make her emptiness feel less overwhelming. She had traveled far and wide over time, yet this place seemed to draw her ever closer; it seemed to tie her to its territories and landscapes like a kidnapper, she couldn't leave (and part of her didn't even want to).

As she fell prey to her wild thoughts and deepest delusions, malachite eyes failed to see the chocolate furred male whom stood merely feet from her body. Her hackles had fallen, now only rising with the exhale of her lungs; claws deep in the earth under her paws, still on edge and not quite satisfied that her mystery noises were all a lie. As such, it seemed she would remain oblivious to the strangers gaze, his beryl orbs boring into her like an owl to a mouse. Yet, as the winds shifted and the surroundings bended to protect her interests, the sweet scent of company floated through her nostrils, alarms ringing in her brain and sending her spiraling back into reality.

Turning her head slightly, her back arched as a warning, viridian eyes fell directly on the male who had not answered her calls. At first silence wrapped itself around her tongue, canines peering over ebony lips as a growl formed in the pits of her stomach; weary and unsure, she couldn't begin to explain the emotions that swarmed her body like bees to a hive. Despite that, there was no denying the strange attraction, for even though many had lain in the bed with this female – whether she had consented or not – this was different on a whole new level. His strange demeanor, the anger which seemed to dance in his uniquely blue eyes, and the stance in which he presented himself – it tickled her interests, and made her question whether being so uptight and protective of herself was the right path to take.

“Why didn't you respond?” She spoke softly, yet did nothing to hide the tension she felt – though intrigued, she was not dumb. Letting her guard down was never wise, especially in a new place, with a male that seemed so different from all the others she had come across. There was almost something... evil, about him, and being a sucker for bad men, that was never a good combination. “It begs the question on whether I should continue our conversation--” she paused, momentarily admiring his scars and, though admittance was a long way off, the rest of his body as well. “--Or just attack you now and get it over with.” Though standing her ground, Lucia could hear her own anxiety, her questionable confidence only a mask for so long – and, all things considered, she felt as though this stranger could see right through it. That, in itself, scared her half to death. Only one other had seen past her cold, almost angry, barrier – and that, unfortunately, had been a complete disaster. That, however, was for another time. Her thoughts had no time to reminisce on old memories – they had to stay clear, prepared. She had no idea what to expect – this male was, for all intensive purposes, unreadable, and that made Lucia extremely nervous.

Well?
A growl erupted from her maw, her optical scar wrinkling as her facade displayed weary anger. Hackles danced between a rise and fall – unsure of whether to show fighting spirit or remain in the in-between. “Look,” she continued, a dribble of sarcasm on her tongue, and a hint of conflicting personalities – almost like speaking two voices from one mouth, very subtle yet still visible to the trained eye. “I don't particularly want to fight this morning,” eyes drifted over the horizon, the sun now higher in the sky, the darkness fading. “It's a surprisingly nice morning, and if you ruin that for me, well--” she smirked, almost playfully, but only if one could sense it, “--I'll have to teach you a lesson.”

Her mind fell back to the rumors she had heard on her travels, gaze falling for a mere second on the pentagram on his throat.
--Ah, she growled knowingly, eyes dancing with pride at figuring out something that had not been disclosed via tongues, “--You're Haku, right? The so-called legend behind this lands turmoil?” There was a small hint of admiration in her voice, for her inner demons (or perhaps just a very real dark side) was shining through. “Rumor has it that you caused a war? Forgive me if I speak falsely – strangers don't seem to like answering a newcomer's questions these days. Everybody is always so... edgy.”

Her body shifted slightly, claws now resting atop the earth rather than in it. She had become slightly less uneasy now that a name had been placed upon the male's face – and a beautiful face it was. Taking a few steps towards him, paws hitting the earth silently – small dust clouds forming with each movement, her tassel flickered lightly behind her – not quite respectfully, but enough to ensure he didn't take her confident (almost cocky) attitude as a challenge to his rank and stature. There was almost a flirtatious glimmer in her eyes, as she watched him – fixated by the scars and the general way he presented himself. There was an art to it apparently, and he seemed to know it by heart. “Well? Am I close?” She smiled darkly, lips curling and canines almost glowing behind their obsidian blanket. “What's the matter?” A few more steps forward – they were not that far apart now, she impatiently awaiting a response, quite happy to admire the eye-candy in which had made her morning, not thinking about the possibilities that he may fight her. “--Cat got your tongue?

[/html]

Messages In This Thread