Bravery or just stupidity
[html]

WC 551.

Emerald eyes narrowed; hackles rose defensively, as the axe seemed to tighten in the stranger's hand. A small growl rumbled in her throat, not meant to cause alarm, but merely a reaction to the sight of the axe. However, her body soon fell back into its casual state; this male clearly not wanting to harm her, but just in shock. Relieved, Lucia's auds twitched as he spoke, her lips curling into a smile and her cigarettes placed back in her bag.
“Fair enough,” the words were clear, crisp – devoid of all emotion; after all, what could she say to someone who was allergic to her biggest vice? In all honesty, she had never thought such a thing could exist – but then again, this entire place seemed warped. Everyone had secrets, mysteries; everyone was different here, and strangely enough, she could handle that... just about.

“Shame really – they make a good vice these days,” her words were sharp, though deep down there was a hidden meaning to her words. Perhaps it was the mental struggle, or perhaps it was just the indecisive nature she possessed – how hard could it be to choose a pack? The answer was simple... it was annoying difficult. A traveler for so long, the transition would be hard – and yet, in some far away piece of her mind, she had already made her mind up. It was just a matter of time really; she would make her move when the pawns were in place, and for the moment, well... she would just mingle.

“Birds, eh?” Lucia replied, curious to understand how one would master falconry. She had read books on the subject, yet had never really tried her hand at it. There would be a time and a place, she figured – yet, perhaps this was that time, place and so forth? Maybe there was no such thing as coincidences here. That thought made her chuckle – everything was coincidental; higher powers, fate, destiny, it was all fake to make their victims follow rules and live a life without free will and fun. She smiled to herself – her opinionated nature was often a burden, however now it made her laugh. Her sweetly feminine chuckle leaving her jaw, no obvious reason for it – just her and an unsuspecting male. “Forgive me,” she finally whispered, in-between laughs, her emerald eyes flashing wildly, “I just had an amusing thought. It's nothing to do with you...”

She smiled at him. She doubted he believed her for one second – after all, she was trespassing.
“What's your favorite bird then?” she asked simply, her face now back to its original expressionless void. The only light in her frame coming from her malachite eyes; they shined brightly, dancing in the myriad of mixed emotions, harboring her secrets like jewels in a mine. “Mine's the crow. Majestic creatures, don't you think?”

Twitching her ebony tail casually, resembling a teenager who perhaps thought they were too cool. She, in fact, was quite the opposite, yet impressions were everything – and nobody likes a paranoid, overly insecure female. That would get her nowhere.
“I'm Lucia --” she finally whispered, watching the male closely, he seemed genuine enough. “What's your name?”

[/html]

Messages In This Thread