Tell everybody I'm on my way....
Ooc: I would prefer to not put my contact info up on the net. Pm me for it please. Thanks.

Name: Aneira "Anne" Rampant  
DOB: April 1, 2009 
W/L?: Luperci
Species: Grey Wolf/ Golden Jackal (Canis Lupus/Canis Aureus)  

NPC:

Name: Laelia "Leah" Anemos
DOB: March 13, 2009
W/L?: Luperci
Species: Red Wolf (Canis lupus rufus)

Aneira trotted into the clearing on the border of Aniwaya lands. Her Lupus form was more slender than your average wolf, with more delicate, narrow features and almond shaped brown eyes. Her ears were a little large proportionally. Her medium length coat started dark gold on her head, ruff, shoulders, back and hips, but lightened to pale gold on her sides, chest,lower limbs and belly - the closest you would ever get to a "naturally blonde" wolf. A dead rabbit hung limply from her jaws. Her nose twitched slightly at the scent of woodsmoke, herbs, and ink that spelled her companion's name in the air.

She spotted her a few feet away sitting crosslegged on a great slab of granite, focused intently a small book cradled on her lap.

She cleared her throat. "I'm back." she mumbled around the corpse of the rabbit.

The shoulder length mane that had been up in a loose ponytail when Anne had left had let forlocks of hair loose to frame the soft, childlike face. Laelia's luperci form was about a head shorter than Anne's - or simply put, a head shorter than average. She was sturdier of build and limb, wider of hip, than Anne was and more gifted in her ...feminine aspects. Her fur was auburn in shadow or indoors, but the patch of light in which she had situated herself brought out the thousand shades of red, rust, brown, and brick that were shot through her pelt. Her lower jaw, throat, and foot paws were creamy white. A blaze on her chest and the tip of her tail were grey. If Anne was trapped sunlight, Leah was autumn incarnate.

Anne cleared her throat again, more loudly. "Leah!"

The other girl started, and turned sheepishly in her companion's direction.

"Sorry, Annie." She slipped the book into the pocket of her tattered cargo pants while slipping a short knife out of the waist of her pants.

Anne rolled her eyes as Leah took the proffered rabbit. "Who am I to compete with the Greek gods?"

Leah shot her a look of mock pain. "It was a cookbook this time!"

Anne settled at Leah's side, watching as she cleaned the catch. She cut the skin around the paws and slit along he stomach before peeling away the fur like a coat. She then beheaded it, slit the stomach and scooped out the guts, and chopped it into chunks. This was quickly popped into the pot of hot water and herbs that she had heated in the hour awaiting Anne's return.

"How long before they notice we're here?" Leah asked softly as she worked. Aneira noted the touch of apprehension in the older female's voice.

"A day, or maybe less based on scent markings," She wagged her tail and whined reassuringly. "you'll be fine."

The red wolfess had already pulled another book out of one of her pockets, and immersed herself in its contents - something to do with mechanical stuff judging from the cover. Obviously she was more nervous than Anne had prevously thought.

When the other girl had returned to her seat on the rock Anne joined her. She leaned against Leah's leg, rested her head on her paws, and sighed. Whether it was contentment or frustration was debateable.

A light touch fluttered over her ears, and when she didn't protest it deepened into a gentle rub between the ears. When Anne roused herself enough to open one eye, she saw that Leah was still reading her book. She didn't even seem to be aware of what she was doing. Anne sighed again, this time releaseing tension she had been unaware she was feeling. Shortly, Anne was asleep.

OOc: Well that was a whole lot of nothing.

Messages In This Thread