OOC Name: Jassy
Character Name: Eztli Etalpali
Character Age: One year, seven months
Regular wolf or a Luperci: Luperci
Species: 25% Mexican Wolf | 75% Eastern Timber Wolf
Desired Profession Path: Medicine
A secondary form of contact: AIM = ScarletWolfsong
Currently played characters: Bris Stormbringer
How you found 'Souls: Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr it was hiding under my bed!
Initial post:

The sun was setting, painting the western horizon a brilliant shade of fiery orange kissed by a growing touch of pink and purple. It brought out the coppery highlights in the female luperci's obsidian coat, warming her back as she stood in silence just outside the chainlink fence that extended endlessly to her left and right. Gold and silver jewelry adorning the werewolf's body and dangling from her spear glittered in the fading daylight, tossing little flecks of sunshine all around the woman. Eztli's people possessed a deep love for the precious gems and metals of the earth, and the young outcast was no exception. Every little piece of jewelry she wore was designed and crafted by her, and so each was a little part of who she was. It was a hobby the young woman had entertained since her childhood, and the past year spent in solitude had honed that skill to a fine art. Someday, perhaps she could finally put her hobby to good use and make such little trinkets for others. Perhaps someday she would find a family again.

The fence that stood before the woman had perplexed her, at first. Eztli had wandered these lands for weeks, careful not to disturb any borderlines or pack territories, exploring as much as she could about the numerous wolves who called these lands home. There seemed to be about five packs established in the large territory, sharing its resources as her birth pack had shared the ancient stone city with others. This territory was far larger than the old city had been, however, and the freedom and individuality sharing such a large space entailed was promising to the young exile. She longed for the companionship and family bonds belonging to a pack brought with it, but at the same time after a year of solitude the woman had come to value her own space. Territory this large would mean plenty of chances to escape to oneself for a time.

Eztli would have liked to say that she'd taken her time in deciding to try gaining acceptance into a pack, but it was a falsehood. However, after the sudden decision to try had been made, there had been one group of wolves that had stuck out in her mind as being the most familiar way of life she could find. The pack within the chainlink fence was still far different than the large culture that had claimed the ruined city for their own, but there were enough similarities that Eztli felt it would be her best chance at fitting in. Now the dark girl stood near the break in the metal boundary, and she took one last deep breath before making her decision a final one. With the sun setting behind her, the bejeweled exile dropped elegantly to her knees, placing her spear before her on the ground. It was a sign of yielding among her people, an effort to show she was of no threat to whoever would find her. Patiently the young woman bowed her head, closing her eyes to listen to the music of the falling twilight as she waited for some sign that she'd been noticed. Howling to be acknowledged had been a grievous act of rudeness amongst the people of her city, and she assumed it would be the same anywhere. Eztli could only stick to what she knew, and hope she was not wrong.
[/html]

EDIT: Copied and pasted the wrong joining form in my excitement, added the AW fields. =X Oops.
[html]

Oh hai, hot stuff! Up to you how long she's waited and stuff, left it open Smile
WC: 379

Legs ached as he moved onward, ignoring them with a fierceness that was unlike him. Sure, lately not everything had gone the way he planned, and his face burned with the thought of it. Gvihita did not help, either. Always present, now, she had finally discovered that the wolves here were very much in awe at her powrful form, and vanity was something that followed her, it seemed. She would bristle her feathers at anyone, beak and eyes emotionless, but he knew she took great pleasure in seeing their jaws drop. Not only that, but she was taking great pleasure in rubbing his own failures in his face; she did not act how he had thought a spirit guide would act. But, as always, she was probably teaching him a lesson, and as he remembered why his face grew hot again, and he stared at the path at his feet and moved forward.

He liked to stray from the path through the thicker vegetation and enter the plains with the fences running through it every time he took these treks around his territory. There was something about the duality of the world that was so perfectly examplified in several ways. There was only land and sky; no trees, no buildings that stuck up to ruin the image. And there was only the inside and the outside of the fence; home, and everywhere else. His russet-colored legs took him in that direction automatically, and his gaze was fixed on the ground for a while. His face changed from deep thought to curious amazement When he finally did lift his gaze upwards, and he found himself walking now in a different way. Eagerly, perhaps. The feathers that ornamented his mane shook lightly in the breeze that flew past his face, and then Gvihita was on his shoulder. He had expected her. The chief stopped some strides from the stranger and he studied her spear before speaking up. No doubt, Nayati would take interest in this one. "Greetings," Dawali said, bluntly. He was not particularly used to such a ceremonius show at his borders. Clearing his throat, he continued. "My name is Dawali Amara; I am the Chief of the tribe that live around these parts. What do you seek from us?"

Awesome sexy table by Kat! Smile
[/html]
OOC: WOO WOO!!! *dances* XD By the way...since you said Gvihita's always present, I'm assuming that means Ezzy can see her right? =X If it's wrong I'll edit it, lol.

[html]
Twilight had only just begun to sink the world into darkness when someone finally happened upon the exile at the border. She hadn't moved since lowering to a kneeling position, her backside resting comfortably on her heels, her muscles used to such long periods of stillness from her meditation habits. The form that approached the wandering female was graceful, yet powerful, or so the sound of his footsteps told. Eztli kept her gaze respectfully to the ground as he stopped before her, her icy blue eyes planted firmly on the male's feet.

The leader's introduction and question were short and to the point, a fact the wanderer was grateful for. "My name is Eztli Etalpali, great chieftain." Before her next words, the female lowered herself into a bow along the ground, knowing that what she was about to ask was a serious request. In this position, she would be unable to defend herself quickly should the leader decide her unworthy of her request, and her life, and that was the point. Her actions showed that she trusted her fate to the leader's decision, whatever it may be. The process in her homeland was full of formalities and duty, and the young woman could only hope the meaning of her manners was clear to one whose culture may be decidedly different from her own. "I've come to your borders seeking a family, a home in which to start a new life. I have studied the packs of these lands from a careful distance, and though each has its merits, the pack within these boundaries is that which I most desire a place among." She was calm as she spoke, her words clear as her lilting alto voice rose from her place facing the earth. Her homeland had taken nearly everything from her, but there were two things that Eztli refused to abandon: her faith, and her dignity.
[/html]
[html]

D'oh, had meant to mention that in the ooc field; yes, Gvihita is visible Smile
WC: 380

He studied her as she introduced herself and spread her body into a deep bow. Dawali did not care much for formalities, but something in this situation made him reconsider. It was not because he liked to be bowed to, but rather that he found her actions more profound than the average formal gesture. He had not seen the exact likes before, but he recognized the meaning; AniWayans would often lay down their bow or spear and step away from it in a situation that demanded submission. It had been so long since he had seen anyone do such things, and he regretted the fact that he had forgotten it. In exposing oneself, one granted the other complete control, and also complete trust. He nodded at her words and spoke calmly, one small sentence before she was able to continue. "Please, rise."

As she spoke, the Chief nodded in the appropriate places, and though he was giving her his full attention, his mind flew for a moment and remembered the strange warrior that had once aided him in a quest to protect his people. She, too, had carried herself with the same dignity as this female did, and though they were vastly dissimilar, Dawali knew they were the same kind of female. Ayegali, too, was one of them, and he admired them greatly. As Eztli finished speaking, stating that she had picked AniWaya after studying all the packs, Dawali smiled, quite proud and very nearly showing it. Most who joined them did so either because they already knew someone here, or because AniWaya happened to be the first place they stumbled upon. It was a confirmation of his way of life to learn that she considered his tribe to be the better place to live. Gvihita studied the female, her face unmoving and expressionless (how much emotion can a beak convey?), and behaved in every way as a normal eagle would, aside from the fact that she sat atop his shoulder. "I see. We might very well have room for you; do you have any skills in particular that could be of use to us?" Two pairs of yellow eyes, eagle and wolf, studied her intently, and Dawali found himself drawn to her little trinkets. Ember would love those, probably.

[/html]
OOC: Yay! Of course the way my post went, it ended up not mattering in that one anyway. XD But now I know for sure, danke!! ^^

[html]
The chieftain's interjection had been unexpected, but not at all unwelcomed. His voice held the same respected dignity Eztli expected an honorable leader to possess, and she followed his request without hesitation. Her gold and silver adornments glittered as she rose, the long raptor feathers woven into the braids of her main rustling softly. Her submission already proven, Eztli took the time to grasp her spear in her hand as she stood, holding it beside her as one would hold a carefully carved staff. Weapons were extensions and pieces of their wielder's spirit, and the exile would sooner cut off her own arm than disrespect her spear by leaving it lying in the dirt without her.

As she had spoken, the woman had kept her blue eyes averted. With the respected chief's words, however, she lifted her gaze to meet his own, only now taking in the magnificent creature that graced his strong shoulder. She was an eagle of some species, that much was immediately apparent, and Eztli made no effort to hide the awe that filled her sky-blue gaze. Her presence did not overshadow the image of the chief however, rather it added to the overall vision of strength and dignified honor that Dawali displayed.

The chief's question drew the wanderer back to the present, and she reluctantly turned her eyes away from the splendor of the raptor on his shoulder. Her voice was calm and ever respectful as she replied, her words a simple portrayal of fact, with no boastfulness or bragging behind them. "I posess decent skill with my spear, a skill I keep honed with personal training as each day passes. I will be better tomorrow than I am today, and I am better today than I was yesterday. I was tought the spear at a very young age, and I could pass that knowledge on to anyone who may wish to learn as well. I value truth, honor, and family above all else."

The corner of her lip nearly twitched in silent amusement as she caught the leader's gaze sway to her jewelry. "I've also developed a keen interest in jewelry-making, and my skill has improved immensely over the past year I've spent in solitude. I would be happy to teach others, or to provide any gifts of such adornments to anyone who wishes them. Are there any skills in particular that you are looking for?" Eztli decided to leave her singing ability out of the reply; it was a minor skill used only for the purpose of entertainment or chanting, and nothing else remotely useful. The charcoal woman was also aware that she would have to reveal her past to the chieftain if his decision proved to sway toward her acceptance. She would never bring herself into a pack without all of her cards on the table, so to speak. But there was no need to bring it up just yet. Dawali's decision could still go either way before she even mentioned her banishment from her homeland.
[/html]
[html]

Rawr! ^^
WC: 388

The feathers in his mane swayed and the beads made little sounds as they moved with his nodding. Gvihita shook her feathers and bent her head back to clean one, probably feeling quite pleased at the female's eyes on her, and Dawali mentally sighed at her. No doubt she knew how he felt about her... vain side, if that was what it was, and knowing it annoyed him probably pleased her even more. But, soon enough both their eyes were back on the female, listening to what she had to say. Her skills were not at all useless; in particular he was glad to learn that she knew her way around some kind of weapon. Whether her skills were war or hunting did not matter; either was useful to his tribe at this moment. He had Nayati to lead their major hunts, but he still lacked the key warrior, despite having some fighters among the ranks. Perhaps this one could change that; she seemed to be confident enough, at least. As she listed her values, the Chief found himself nodding more decisively; they almost matched his own traditions exactly. Most of the individuals in these lands seemed too preoccupied to remember their family's past, and to show the respect that this world should be shown. "Most" were not all, but there were many of them, and it was refreshing to learn that he was not the only one with such a way of thinking.

Her second skill was not as directly useful as her first, but clearly the more interesting, and he studied the little ornaments freely, now that she had mentioned them. Phoenix Valley had thought little of the crude jewlery he had brought them years ago, when he had tried to barter for a mare or two, but he knew that some females (or males) could not resist such pretty little things, and so it could be useful when dealing with some of the other packs, perhaps. She presented him with a question, now, but he gave her another in return instead. "Yes, and no. You say you have spent a year in solitude? Have you traveled far, perhaps?" His gaze had moved from the trinkets to her face, now, but Gvihita still stared at them. The eagle was turning out to be quite predictable lately.

[/html]