Girls day out
[html]

I wasn't sure if Ruri had been told yet that Princess and Haven had tied the knot so perhaps they could go out to celebrate together or something?

It was the first time in awhile that she had gone to visit anyone, at least after the pack celebration. Ruri had instead busied herself with going to the stables, grooming Stark, and attempting to help Heath as much as possible. Her long bout of depression awhile back had put her plans to meet everyone in the pack on hold, and now she was forced to play catch-up with her friends, making sure they were all alright. Today, the silver and ivory girl was strolling down her memorized path to Haven's house. Hopefully either the knight himself or his sweet girlfriend Princess would be there and she could talk to them. Haven had played his guitar masterfully at the celebration, and though Ruri had thanked him there, perhaps today she would get the opportunity to thank him again.

Today Ruri was wearing the simple, white sundress that Ayita had helped her find in Lunenburg. The occasional beams of sunlight that escaped through the clouds made it's alabaster fabric seem to glow, if only for a moment. It amazed the petite, lautari that she was actually wearing anything, for the dress felt so light, not at all like the cashmere tunic she loved so much. However, that had been what she had wanted, something that didn't really feel like she was wearing anything, for indeed during these months of summer, wearing clothes for Ruri was entirely optional. In an uncharacteristic fashion, the Dauphine had even made an effort to tie her long mane up in a ponytail, just to see how it felt. A small piece of string tied around the base of the ponytail was but more than a crude means to an end, and it was barely noticeable. The exceptionally long mane of the collie girl still hung down most of her back, but tying it up at least kept most of it from blowing over her shoulder. Her bangs were still somewhat problematic, but not so much that she really cared. It had been an experiment, nothing more and thus far it seemed to be going well.

It was not a far distance at all from Ruri and Heath's home to Haven's dwelling and as Ruri neared the house, she couldn't help but call out, "Anybody home?" the pleasing tone of her nightingale's voice ringing through the air towards the abode, or at least in it's general direction, for Ruri was still far enough away that she could only make an educated guess. Hopefully someone was home, otherwise she would perhaps have to track them down. This in itself would not be a bad thing, but Ruri would have preferred to avoid it.

<style type="text/css">
.Ruri001 b {font-weight:bold; color:#b178c2; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Ruri001ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:arial, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#b178c2; text-align:right;}
.Ruri001 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Ruri001 {margin:0 auto; width:350px; background-color:#eafafe; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... uri001.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #73afbf; padding: 0px 0px 235px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#73afbf; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the delay! <3

#####Princess had been sitting on the couch, her legs tucked under her gracefully, a book open in her lap. Haven had gone off that morning to do something, and she had decided to read in his absence, unsure of how to spend her day, exactly. The young Chance woman needed to find something to do with herself, an official duty, a co-rank to make herself more useful. As of yet, though, nothing had seemed to suit her very much. She was bored, though, and she needed to find something to do. Haven had his Knight duties, so he was often busy, and he was, admittedly, the only one she saw often. The once social butterfly had become very distant from her pack members, though she couldn't fathom a guess as to why.

#####Ears pricked at the call from outside, and she quickly closed the book and placed it on the couch beside her. Princess stood, straightening the dark purple silk of her dress before she opened the door, stepping into the summer heat. "Hi, Ruri!" she called out. "I'm home, but my mate," she said, albeit a bit slyly with an emphasis on the title, "is out. How are you?" Princess did not know if the news had reached Ruri yet that they had officially become mates yet. She knew that she had not told the Dauphine, but it was possibl Haven had told her, or that he had told Heath and the news had reached her that way. Princess hoped that Ruri would pick up on the use of the word.

Table by Alli!
[/html]
[html]

I am so sorry for the delay, I guess it just slipped through my thread list. I'll have to put it on there so I don't forget. So sorry

Who was it that answered her but Princess, Haven's girlfriend. Wait a minute! What had she just said? Mate? She and Haven were mates!? The blind Dauphine couldn't contain her excitement for her two friends as she bounced into the air, arms stretched out as her nightingale's voice squealed, "Wahoo! You and Haven are mates?! I had no idea! That's great Princess! I always knew that you two would end up together." She had closed the distance between herself and Princess within a few bounding steps of her slender legs. Upon reaching the porch Ruri held open her arms to hug her friend, in the best expression of congratulations she knew. Ruri had been right! Haven had found someone, someone made just for him. It was not in her nature to glory in her own successful prediction. Rather, she chose to celebrate with Princess, for it truly was great to find one's soul mate.

The next time she saw Haven she would have to express her congratulations to him as well. For now, though Ruri wanted only to spend time with Princess, doing the stuff girls did when they were together. Having been raised by a pirate king, with very few feminine influences on her life, the collie's knowledge of this sort of thing was limited at best, but surely Princess could help in that department. They could spend the day together, just enjoying talking about their respective men and anything else that came up. The blind girl just couldn't contain herself for her excitement. Ruri hadn't been this excited in awhile, and she couldn't help but bounce up and down repeatedly as it was the only way to release the upwelling emotions. Surely Princess would understand.

<style type="text/css">
.Ruri001 b {font-weight:bold; color:#b178c2; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Ruri001ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:arial, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#b178c2; text-align:right;}
.Ruri001 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Ruri001 {margin:0 auto; width:350px; background-color:#eafafe; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... uri001.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #73afbf; padding: 0px 0px 235px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#73afbf; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

<3

#####Princess was giddy with excitement, waiting for the Dauphine to pick up on Princess' word choice. Surely Ruri did not already know--it had been such a long time since she had seen her. Her assumption was proven correct when Ruri became very excited, and Princess squealed along with her, allowing herself to be enveloped in a tight hug from the woman she hoped to become closer friends with. "Thank you!" she said, her own tone as excited as Ruri's. It felt so good to actually tell someone! Of course, they had gone to tell Anu together, but that was different. Ruri was her friend and she was excited to share her news with her!

#####Princess pulled away from the hug, happiness radiating from both of them, it seemed. "So how are you and Heath? What brought you to visit today?" she asked. Obviously, it hadn't been to find out about Haven and Princess finally becoming mates. That was simply a bonus. The young woman was curious to know what had brought the blind woman to their home today. She was certainly glad for the visit, but curiousity always got the better of her.

Table by Alli!
[/html]
[html]

ooc goodnesssss

How wonderful! Haven and Princess were mates! Ruri just couldn't contain her excitement for them, finding her petite form bouncing as she hugged the Chance woman. They truly were a match made in heaven, the Knight of Cour des Miracles and his Princess. Those words sounded so perfect running through her mind. Even after they released their friendly embrace it took the Dauphine a moment to calm down and answer Princess' inquiry, "Heath and I are doing just great. We've been talking off and on about trying to add to our little family, but we'll just have to wait and see if pups are in our future. There's only so much that we can do, you know?" she giggled at her last words, her innocent nature leaving her somewhat embarrassed by what she probably had just implied. However, Princess probably knew exactly what she was talking about, so hopefully Ruri had not offended her. "Other than that, I just came to visit. I wasn't sure if you or Haven would be around, and I hadn't seen either of you in awhile, so I thought I would come by to visit. I hope I didn't intrude on anything." She certainly didn't smell Haven around, so if she had interrupted Princess she was likely by herself. Rarely, if ever, did she happen upon people in the middle of doing something, so it often did not occur to her to check before sauntering up. Perhaps she was just lucky in that respect, or her friends were just nice enough to drop what they were doing to visit with her. It was likely the latter.

White-furred hands moved to smooth the white sundress she wore, which had been wrinkled briefly during the excitement of Princess' announcement. The lautari often had to remind herself that she was wearing a dress, for it was so light that it felt as though she were walking around in just her fur, like normal. Reminding herself of what she was wearing was necessary so that she didn't mess up her clothes. Milky blue eyes fell for the brief moment she was fixing her dress, as if instinctively trying to watch what she was doing, unsuccessfully as always. Then, again out of habit, she returned her focus to Princess, directing her gaze towards the sound of her friend's voice. "What about you and Haven? How have the both of you been? I mean, besides becoming mates and all that," she giggled as she clarified. When she and Heath had decided to be mates Ruri it had been like being on cloud nine for weeks on end, and more often than not it still was. That was just what it was like being with one's soulmate, or so Ruri guessed. She had a fairly limited reference of mated pairs to draw from. All the one's she knew were more than happy together, but perhaps they were the minority in that aspect. She didn't really know.

<style type="text/css">
.ruribkwt01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#b39c9c; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ruribkwt01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#505050; text-align:right;}
.ruribkwt01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 12px; margin:0px;}
.ruribkwt01 {margin:0 auto; width:370px; background-color:#c8c8c8; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ribw01.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #ffffff; padding: 200px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#505050; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.ruribkwt01-border1 {width:372px; border:1px solid #151a1c; margin:0 auto;}
.ruribkwt01-line1 {width:358px; border-bottom:1px dotted #b4b3b3; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

300+ words.

#####Princess giggled alongside Ruri at the suggestive tone of the Dauphine’s words. They both knew what she was implying, and though some would be uncomfortable talking about such things, Princess was not one of them. “That’s great!” she said enthusiastically, finding herself as excited by the idea as Ruri had been to hear Princess refer to Haven as her mate. “I hope it works out, I can’t wait to meet your puppies!” She and Haven had never really discussed the idea of adding to their small family, and the Lady did not know if that was a good or bad thing. She supposed they might both be skirting the subject a bit nervously, not wanting to discuss what it would be like to actually be parents. Princess knew that they both had role models for what not to do, but she was doubtful about her abilities to know what she was actually supposed to do.

#####“You didn’t interrupt anything,” she said to reassure her friend. Haven was off doing his duties as a Knight or something to that effect, and Princess had been all alone in the quiet house. “I’m really glad for the visit, sometimes I go pretty stir-crazy. I need to find a hobby.” She didn’t know what she could pick up to occupy herself, but she was generally pretty bored. The young Chance woman needed to find something to occupy her time! Haven had his duties as the pack’s Knight, and Heath had his work cut out for him with the horses. Similarly, Ruri had her singing, and now she and Heath were considering having puppies! What did Princess have? Not much, comparatively.

#####Princess smiled as her friend’s gaze returned to her. “Haven and I are both really good, but he’s pretty busy protecting the pack. A while ago, a loner came and he attacked me at the borders… Luckily Haven heard me scream, or else something bad could have happened.” She left out that Haven had killed Minos, deciding that Ruri probably would not want to hear that part. “Do you wanna come in, or go somewhere? Anything could be better than just standing here,” she said with a joking tone, grin present on her muzzle. “So how did you and Heath decide you were ready for a family?” It was not something she knew much about.

Table by Alli!
[/html]
[html]

ooc goodnesssss

Ruri smiled at Princess' statement about being excited to meet her puppies. She was too. That was part of the reason why Ruri wanted so badly to have a litter of her own. "Yeah, me too! Hopefully, you'll get the chance to," she replied, giggling with excitement. It was natural, of course, for Ruri to be excited about having children. She loved pups, and every experience she had had with them had helped prepare her for motherhood. However, she would have to go through pregnancy before getting to meet her pups. That part was the scary unknown. Ruri knew very little about actually carrying and birthing pups. Would she be able to do it? Would the pups we safe? Or worse...one of Ruri's biggest questions was...would the pups be born blind?! She knew she would love her pups no matter what, but deep down she was worried. What if her pups had to go through their entire lives without sight like she did. She had survived, and she would teach her pups to survive like she had. However, she wanted more than anything for her pups to see, to be able to experience the world to the fullest. She did not know what she was missing without eyesight, and thus had no regrets. But would her pups feel the same way if they were blind? Ruri had to stop herself before she let that thought get too out of control. After all, she wasn't even pregnant yet. There would be time for first-time-mom worrying later.

The Dauphine couldn't help but smile at Princess expressed desire to find a hobby. Everyone needed something to keep them busy. For Ruri it was her singing, her pack duties, and Heath. For Heath, it was his horses, the care of the stables and ,of course, her. What could Princess do?"Well, don't worry you'll find something to do Princess. Maybe Haven can help you find something," Encouragement was the only thing the collie woman could think of at the moment, being relatively inept at finding hobbies for people. Princess moved on to answer Ruri's question about Haven's wellbeing and what had been going on with them. Her face visibly showed her concern when Princess spoke of the aggressive intruder, but her worry quickly faded when she heard of Haven's triumph. Then, Princess asked her if she wanted to go do something or come inside. "Well, we can go for a walk down the beach, if you want. I always love the feeling of the sand under my feet," she replied. The beach truly was one of her favorite places. So, it was natural for her to suggest a walk there when they were so close.

As she and Princess continued talking, the question Ruri had been expecting came about. How had she and Heath decided they wanted a family. Well it hadn't really involved any long deliberation. In fact, Heath had more or less asked her on a spur of the moment when they first found Soleil. "Well, more or less, Heath just asked me if I'd like to start a family some day. We had just found Soleil in a pile of hay in the stables. We were sitting there, playing with him and petting him when Heath asked me. I wasn't sure what prompted the question, but of course I said yes. What about you and Haven? Have you talked about possibly having pups of your own, yet?" she replied, turning the question back at Princess to continue the conversation.

<style type="text/css">
.ruribkwt02 b {font-weight:bold; color:#b39c9c; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ruribkwt02-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#505050; text-align:right;}
.ruribkwt02 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 12px; margin:0px;}
.ruribkwt02 {margin:0 auto; width:364px; background-color:#c8c8c8; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ribw02.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #ffffff; padding: 200px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#505050; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.ruribkwt02-border1 {width:366px; border:1px solid #151a1c; margin:0 auto;}
.ruribkwt02-line1 {width:352px; border-bottom:1px dotted #b4b3b3; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>
[/html]