One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish!
[html]

He could see them moving below the water's surface, long shadows drifting and flitting back and forth. A frown creased his forehead as he watched, trying to think of a way that he could reach one of them. He had tried fish before a few times, and thought that he was ready to try and catch them on his own. He had seen some wolves flip fish up out of the water with their paws...maybe that was the way to go. The pup went to sit down in the shallows, trying to stay as still as he could.

When a shape got close enough to him he went for it, large paws scrabbling along the bottom and then up into the air to try and get the fish out. His paws contacted with one of the aquatic animals for a moment, but before he could realize what he ought to do it had darted back into a deeper part of the river. The youngster grumbled beneath his breath, giving the water a good smack with his paw. After he stood still for a few minutes longer the shadowy shapes returned, though, and he had another go at it. He felt a large fish brush past his leg and lunged face-forward into the water, paws slipping out from underneath him.

Ahah! This time when the male came up out of the water he definitely had made a catch. He could feel a squishy form gripped tightly in his teeth...surely it was a fish! He shook his head, trying to get some of the water out of his eyes, then opened them. What he had caught was still in his mouth, but it wasn't what he had been expecting to see. Rather than the delicious fish that he had imagined in his head, he found himself staring at a large hunk of decaying...something. It tasted horrible! He spat the muck-covered creature out of his mouth and back into the river, where it belonged, and dunked his head into the river to try and rid himself of the horrible flavor.

<style type="text/css">
.jamesxmas b {font-weight:bold; color:#98796e; letter-spacing:1px; }
.jamesxmas-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3c302c; text-align:center;}
.jamesxmas p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 12px; margin:0px;}
.jamesxmas {margin:0 auto; width:338px; background-color:#cbc7b3; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ames02.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #ffffff; padding: 0px 0px 180px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3c302c; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.jamesxmas-border1 {width:340px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}

</style>
[/html]
Layla, being fairly new to the pack, wanted to get to know all the wolves that she could so she knew everyone. Although being the shy one she was, she'd rather the other wolves come to her, instead of her coming to them. It was a lovely day, the sun was shining and she could feel the warmth on black back. She continued along until she got to the body of water. She sat for a moment, enjoying the day. Who knows, perhaps if she got lucky she'd run into Conor again. Oh how she'd love for that.

Seeing as she was in her optime form, as was her normal choice of form, she began to walk along the sides until she could of sworn she heard splashing. Her ears twitched as she looked over to her side. There was a black pup standing in the water. She walked over to the side and looked down to see the shadows of the fish swimming about. She turned her gaze back to the wolf and noticed he was trying to catch one. All his attempts seemed to fail. Layla couldn't help but try to help the pup.

She stepped into the cool water and made her way over to the pup. A warm smile formed on her face as she sat in the water. "Need a little help there?" She looked to the water and noticed a nice big shadow near her knees. She smirked and made sure it was actually a fish before making a move. She carefully raised her hand and moved it quickly towards the water, grabbing onto the fish's tail. She then threw it up into the air and caught it with her jaws. She dropped the fish into her hands and showed it to the pup. "Here you go. I'm sure you're hungry. Go ahead and have it. It looks as though this was what you were after in the first place." She couldn't help but giggle as she gazed once more to the pup, offering him the fish.
[html]
Hope you guys don't mind me popping in!! ^^ Sorry for the length, Bris tends to sort of run away with me. =X
WC: 415

Bris had no particular destination in mind today. Normally, the days found her making a cursory round along the pack borders, trying to help Conor out in his responsibilities by keeping an eye out for strangers. Most of the wayward souls that found themselves at Dahlia's doorstep were looking for a new home, but Bris knew innately that there were others who had very different intentions. Every day that she took up the task of patrolling, Hybrid's burning red eyes haunted her. She doubted he would have the gall to trespass, but that didn't mean he couldn't be lurking outside the boundary, just waiting for Bris to take another step outside. After all, that's how he'd found her on the beach.

Today was going to be a stress-free day. Bris had decided not to deal with the patrol and take a much-needed mental health day, per se. She found herself wandering through most of the packlands' innermost areas, spending a little time at her sister's grave in Flander's Field, and otherwise just soaking up the feeling of belonging that Dahlia had granted her. As she walked, satchel slung over her shoulder as usual, the unmistakable sounds of splashing and voices reached her ears. Curious, Bris followed the sounds to their source, her lips pulling into a wide smile as she saw the unknown silvery luperci tossing a fish to none other than her nephew.

"I think you should let her show you how to do it, Giddy! She seems to know what she's doing!" Her voice was cheerful and lighthearted; the company of her brother's children, and Gideon in particular, always brought her happiness. The black boy had been in Dahlia the longest of the four Stormbringer pups, and had been injured to boot. As a result, Gideon had been the one that Bris had spent the most time with thus far, between general care and helping Conor in tending to his wounds and nursing the little boy back to health.

As she approached, Bris dipped her head in a friendly greeting to the new woman she didn't yet know. "My name's Bris, and this little imp here is Gideon, my nephew. Have you been in Dahlia long?" The Spaher already knew the answer to that question, as the scents of the pack itself and of Conor were still fresh and new on her metallic fur, but Bris enjoyed meeting new souls and getting to know them. A little conversation usually went a long way.

Table by Marishka!
<style>
.bris .ooc {font-style:italic;}
.bris p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:15px;}
.bris b {color:#d5b06a; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.bris {background-color:#fff; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v708/ ... rishka.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:320px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #fff; font-family:lucida; font-size:12px; color:#777468; letter-spacing: 1px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:430px; text-align:justify; }
.bris-border {width:432px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
.bris .separator{width:390px; border-bottom:1px dashed #866e42; margin:5px auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
ooc talk: I hope it's okay that I joined in this thread! =D

Reverent padded through the trees in her four legged form. She had joined Dahlia de Mai in search of family, friends, or even more. She had yet found any of the wolves other than Cwmfen and Conor. She was eager to meet the others. As she was padding through the trees of Dahlia Reverent came accross a sent...luperci. She was curious of this new sent and followed it. Though she was unsure of what she may have gotten herself into...

Reverent finally came accross a river. Fish were swimming down it. She headed up-river the wind following her running through her fur and her soul. She had caught a noise and stopped. The wind blew again and her ears turned down river. A voice. It was quiet, but she had heard it. The black female turned around and headed down-river rather than her inteded path of up-river. Her bright blue eyes looked to the water watching the multi-colored fish swim next to her and felt the wind carry her twoard the noise she had hoped was the luperci she had smelled back in the trees.

When she had finally made it to a part of the river she saw a white female, a black turned to grey male, and a white and grey luperci. Reverent still in her wolf form hesitantly walked over to them, she thought that she should let her presence be known. Though just looking at the three wolves was making her anxcious. Reveren't had taken a step back then paused, she looked at the wolves again and their cheerful expressions and looked at the littlest one in the water still. He reminded her of Asthen so much, a smile appeared on her lips as she watched the young male. The wind washed over her body once more, and she found the courage she needed and stepped forward, "Hello, I'm new to Dahlia. My name is Reverent, I noticed you were fishing and I wondered if you wouldn't mind and extra helping hand?" She smiled at the wolves in hope of making friends rather than enimies in her new found family.

[/html]
[html]

Another wolf came along before too much time passed, and he wagged his tail. She seemed really friendly to him! She had very nice body language, and Gideon could sense that she wasn't a mean wolf like King had been. Maybe Dahlia was mostly made up of nice wolves! Like Nayru and Bris and Conor. She had a fish out of the water in a few minutes, and he gasped in surprise. What a good fisher-wolf! When she offered it to him he accepted it with a big smile. "Yayy!! Really? For me!?" He was so hungry!

He was just starting in on the fish when he heard another wolf approaching, and he stopped eating for a moment to look up. Aunt Bris! Her familiar scent, so much like his own, was reassuring to the pup. She approached and spoke to him and he nodded in agreement. He would have to watch Layla fish some more to get a good handle on how to do it.

It seemed that he had picked a popular spot; as soon as he was about to put his head back down and start eating again, another wolf arrived! He took a big bite anyway and started to chew it up quickly before she got all the way to the group. He had to eat a little bit first! Gideon's tail wagged even more when Reverent came nearer, remembering her from the whale rescue. "Hewwo! You know how to fish!?" He would have so many teachers!

<style type="text/css">
.jamesxmas-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3c302c; text-align:center;}
.jamesxmas {margin:0 auto; width:338px; background-color:#cbc7b3; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ames02.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #ffffff; padding: 0px 0px 180px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3c302c; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}

</style>
[/html]
[html]
ooc talk:I hope there isn't an order to this post if so, sorry I kinda jumbled it up. =\

The little pup asked if she had known how to fish. She smiled a toothy grin at the little pup. She layed down in front of him so she could be more of his level. "Yes, I do know how to fish! It's quite fun! Would you like to learn how?" She couldn't help herself, the male pup just reminded her of her little brother. She looked to the Luperci and the other female wolf and smiled. She turned to the other wolf, Reverent could tell there were some similarities in the two."Hi, you must be related to this pup." She smiled at the female as she sat back up and padded to the water. She looked in and stood still as stone waiting for a fish to pass. As soon as one did she pounced on it and pushed her sharp teeth into the fish and padded back to the group. "Sorry, I would show you in my Luperci form but I've always caught fish this way." She smiled at the group as she set the fish down and sat back her tail wagging slightly.

[/html]
OOC -- SOOOOOOOOO Sorry for the wait ^^;

Layla was so happy to be with the little pup. It made her think of what her life would be like when she has a mate and has pups of her own. She couldn't wait for that day. It was this kind of stuff that she lived for. She watched as the young pup took the fish from her and began to eat at it. She moved back over to the shore but sat down in the water. Considering the heat, it felt nice to sit in the water.

She glanced up as she noticed the white wolf coming their way. She was a lovely young wolf and she was coming right for them.

"I think you should let her show you how to do it, Giddy! She seems to know what she's doing!"

She smiled a bit as she flicked her tail in the water. "Oh I'm not that great. I just sort of developed that technique from when I played with the fish as a pup. It was quite fun." Layla was more of the modest wolf, putting everyone else above her. She thought it was rude to brag about talents and things she could do. she smiled as the white she wolf introduced themselves.

"My name's Bris, and this little imp here is Gideon, my nephew. Have you been in Dahlia long?"

She nodded and smiled. "Nice to meet you both. My name is Layla. I haven't been here long. I just found my new home and I was just out for a run. I ran into your nephew trying to get a meal so I thought I'd help him out." She then felt her ears pirk up as she heard another wolf coming their way. She looked over to see a black wolf.

"Hello, I'm new to Dahlia. My name is Reverent, I noticed you were fishing and I wondered if you wouldn't mind and extra helping hand?"

Ah it was good to know that there were other new comers here as well. She nodded and waved for the wolf to come over. "Nice to meet you Reverent. Sure, why don't you come over here by us. I could use a little help." She smiled as she watched the pup go over to him. She then watched as Reverent caught a fish too. She smiled a bit wider and turned back to the water. She may have been one of the older wolves but she was sure a child at heart. She began to poke at the fish gently and play grab them with her mouth, letting them slip out. She hoped the young Gideon would join her in her game.
[html]
I'm full of fail for taking so long to reply. <.< Summer has been both busy and stressful this year. UGH. *lovelove*
WC:404

A warm breeze drifted over the scene as Bris removed the pack from her shoulder. She had no intention of staying dry, but she had a sneaking feeling that the books and jewelcrafting supplies she carried in her satchel wouldn't share her desire for an afternoon swim. Bris wasn't particularly hungry, however, and so she decided to leave the fishing antics up to her nephew and his new-found friend.

By the time she'd found a dry tree limb from which to hang her possessions, another face had joined their little fishing party. Bris recognized the newcomer from the whale rescue that rainy day on the beach, and she spared the four-legged female a warm smile. As Reverent introduced herself, followed by an overall introduction from Layla, the white woman stepped into the pond. The conversation drifted around her, and Bris paid close attention, though she refrained from joining in it for a little while as she got used to the cool feel of the water on her legs. It was as if the pond were capable of melting all of the tension of the past few weeks right out of her.

Still wearing a relaxed smile, Bris turned her attention back to everyone else as she sat herself down in a shallow part of the pond, the water lapping over her legs and hips as she pulled her knees to her chest and got comfortable. Her mismatched eyes of blue and violet watched intently as Layla played a game of catching the various fish that swirled around the party's legs. Giddy was still munching away on his lunch, but she had no doubt he'd join in once he realized he was missing out on something fun. "Hey Reverent, come join in! I'm not sure if I ever got around to introducing myself when we saved that whale, but my name is Bris. I'm Gideon's aunt." The young woman made sure to gesture toward the pup at mentioning his name, not wanting to cause any confusion for Reverent since she'd missed Bris' earlier explanation to Layla. "It's nice to see so many new faces lately. I hope Dahlia's been good to you, so far." Bris had come to regard their home with a sense of pride and responsibility, and no little amount of love. If there were anything she could do to improve the settlement of the pack's newest members, she would gladly do it.

Table by James!

[/html]
[html]

Reverent knew how to catch fish too, which was awesome! The pup was excited to meet so many of his packmates all at once, too, all in the same place. Reverent had been there when they had saved the whale, and he laughed out loud at the little bit of irony; they had tried so hard to save that whale and get it back into the ocean, and now they were working hard to get these fish OUT of the water! He continued to eat his fish, talking around a mouthful of food. "I haven't lived here really long, I came when I was little"

Layla invited him to play a game in the water with the fish and he jumped up, taking one last bite of his yummy fishy meal. He splashed into the water and saw the fish scatter beneath the surface, swimming quickly away. Awwwww. He waited a few moments and then they were back, swimming little circles around his paws. He smiled broadly up at Layla when he saw that they were coming back. Now he knew what NOT to do...no splashing. He put his mouth down toward the water, watching the fish swim around it with focused turquoise eyes.

<style type="text/css">

</style>
[/html]
[html]
ooc talk:Sorry for the laaaaaate reply. I've been dealing with family stuff and like, yeah. Long story. But I'm here now so!

Reverent smiled at the new wolf from the Whale Rescue named Bris. "It's been treating me quite well. Thank you." She looked at the water and watched as the fish went by. She looked at Gideon as he had taken a bite from the fish. "That's cool Giedeon! I bet you've made many friends though." She smiled at the pup as he had went back to the water for more fish. Reverent turned her gaze to Bris again as she smiled. "How long have you been a member of Dahlia?" she asked curiously. She laughed as she heard a faint splash in the water where Gideon had been.

[/html]
[html]

Anyone up for ending this soon? It's an old thread XD WC: 412 {4 points, 1 for Word of the Day}

Layla was glad to be in the presence of so many members, all of them unknown to her as well. Then again, she was brand new to the pack so it was no wonder she didn't know anyone. As Bris was talking to Reverent, the mistress began to make mental first impressions on each of the wolves here. Bris seemed like the strong, caring, and independent type. Perhaps she would be able to met up with the white she wolf later on in her life. Bris would make a good friend to have. Her gaze then moved to Gideon as he was finishing his meal. Gideon was your ordinary puppy. He was fun, playful, and seemed eager to learn new things. They were all great qualities for a puppy to have. Then there was Reverent. The black she wolf seemed like a mystery. She was a bit hard to figure out, but she seemed like a nice wolf non the less.

Layla's ears moved as she heard Bris mention the comment hoping the pack had been treating her well. The smile reformed on the she wolf's face as she nodded. ”This pack has been wonderful to welcome a loner into a new family.” At least she considered a pack being on big family even if no one was related to each other. Surely these wolves would agree with her on that fact and treat her as family instead of an outsider. Too long the mistress had been living alone and seeked the company of a pack. Now that she had finally found one, she was as happy as ever.

Layla was beginning to wend her way towards the shore before she noticed Gideon getting in and watching the fish swim around. Of course at first they scared away by all the splashing, but once the pup calmed down, she noticed the fish coming back. Being still and quiet was the key if you wanted the fish to stay around. The mistress slowly lowered her head into the water and made little bubbles by blowing air through her nose. The fish didn't seem to mind her doing so, so she continued to do it for a while, seeing if Gideon would try it as well. Reverent seemed to be keeping her attention on Bris, which was actually alright with Layla. She'd rather enjoy the company of the puppy instead. Her gaze moved over to his as she giggled a bit. ”Having fun Gideon?”

<style type="text/css"> .lllll b {font-weight:bold; color:#b0bbc1; letter-spacing:1px; } .lllll .ooc { font-style:italic; color:#000000; padding-top:270px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;} .lllll p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; color: #123548} .lllll {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#70797e; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... riel/l.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>[/html]
[html]

I'll close this after my post Smile

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

He nodded eagerly at his new friend Layla. Today had been a really nice day, with learning about fish and trying to catch em. Gideon would have to try and remember these skills for the next time that he tried to fish. He would try every day if he had to! He wanted to be a real good fisher for the pack. He understood that autumn and winter would soon be on them...maybe he would be able to learn it before winter.

Gideon turned back to his aunt, his tail wagging behind him. As time wore on he began to get a little more tired...maybe she was getting tired and was ready to go back too. He smiled at her, then spoke "Should we go home, Auntie?? I'm getting sleepy!" He laughed and padded off toward the woods before she could reply. "Bet I'll get there before youuuu!"

<style type="text/css">
.fogbo-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#b22222; letter-spacing:1px; }
.fogbo-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.fogbo-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.fogbo-a01 {margin:0 auto; width:353px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w52/ ... nTable.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 350px 0px; font-family: cambria, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#6a4648; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]