thread title missing
[html]

For as long as he had lived, Zadkiel had never been part of an actual pack. For the majority of his seven months, he’d lived with his father in Europe where packs were hardly existent. It had been a much more modern feel there, and when Anzu had told he and his siblings that they were going to live in North America, he had half-expected to be joining some kind of pack. Yet, even here in this old school set-up, Zadkiel and his family were loners.

Therefore, it could be expected that he would know nothing about pack customs, subordinate behavior, or even the tolerance of trespassers around Bleeding Souls. It was safe to say that Zadkiel was absolutely clueless when it came to anything at all involving territory belonging to a certain group of people.

And so, when his travels had brought him to the coast that belonged to a group of coyotes, which were yet another subject that Zadkiel knew very little about, the boy had no thought twice about crossing the invisible line separating free-for-all land from claimed land. How was he to know that such acts were not tolerated by packs or in Inferni’s case, clans? His mother and father had never taught him such rules and were you really breaking a law if you didn’t know it existed? The answer was probably yes, but it was something Zad would have to find out for himself.

The air was still cold as always, but lightened up by the sun that had finally decided to shine. The land was pretty enough, but there was some sort of strange bones stuck to the trees guarding the border. While the bones of his kind might frighten another of his age, it only piqued Zadkiel’s interest, for he was fond of killings. Patting his side where he kept his favorite hunting knife, Zadkiel moved forward through the territory, feeling like some kind of explorer in uncharted territory.

[/html]
[html]
I want something good to die for
He is so cute!

To make it beautiful to live
Faolin had awoken that morning and left her two children curled up amongst themselves while she went and hunted. The girl was able to catch two rabbits and a squirrel, she would only eat one for now and save the others for later. Now, she was back at the den entrance and peeked inside two see Talitha squirming about trying to get out from under her brother's weight, waking Ezekiel up in the process. Faolin smiled fondly at the two and her tail swished back and forth over her back.

"Come on out here," she cooed to the two and instantly both their heads shot up. Faolin had started to get them out more and more as spring was arriving quickly and she did not want them to miss a moment of it. Spring was one of her favorite seasons and it just so happened Ezekiel and Talitha would be old enough to possibly remember it next year. The two little piles of fur made their way to the den entrance, poking their noses outside. Faol yawned, but it was abrupt, the scent of wolf was on their territory and she did not like it one bit.

The red queen peeled her lips back in a snarl a low growl rumbling in her throat as she stepped over her two children, crouching low, hovering over their two bodies while her tail swept them closer to her. It was not long before the figure of a child came into view, lightening slightly she shook her head. They should know not to trespass, but the child did not seem harmless, and there was no way Faolin would be responsible for his death unless he attacked first. Ezekiel and Talitha huddled closer to Faol whimpering and whining at her feet wondering what was wrong.

"Wolf, you are on claimed lands, did your mother not teach you not to trespass? The borders are clearly defined," there was a certain coldness to her tone, but it was not threatening in anyway. First she had her own pups to worry about, then she would figure out whether this pup here knew any difference. "If you are here to cause trouble, I will have to chase you out. But if it was an accident, let's just not let it happen again," the warmth that was usually there filled her voice again and she smiled at the young boy. He was not harmless at all and even if he did attack she had the strength and power to over take him easily.

[/html]
(:
[html]

Truth be told, Zadkiel had been neglectful. He had failed to keep track of his surroundings and for that reason, he had allowed himself to be open for attack. It was pure luck that had saved him from being ripped to shreds due to trespassing, and if he had any intention to live past his first year, he figured he’d better work on that.

And so, at the unexpected arrival of the mother coyote and her two pups, Zadkiel jumped slightly. The boy’s eyes wandered onto the red woman, a pretty lady who intimidated Zadkiel without trying. However, her strange beauty was not what kept his attention. Instead, Zadkiel’s eyes lingered on the two furballs at her feet. Pups.

However, he had no time to inquire about the two pups, for the woman spoke up almost immediately. At her words, Zadkiel fell back slightly, his submission instincts kicking in without his knowing. "Sorry, ma’am," he apologized sincerely, dipping his creamy head before her. Even if he’d never been taught to respect pack borders, Zadkiel had been taught to treat his elders with respect. "Actually, my ma never did tell me ‘bout claimed lands and stuff. You see, I jus’ came here wiff my siblings from Europe to live with her. We’re loners," he explained, fully comfortable with the situation despite the fact that he should probably have turned and run the moment he’d set foot on the land.

Her next words did frighten the boy a little, but the warmth in which she spoke and the smile that followed reassured him. Shaking his head, Zadkiel replied quickly, "No ma’am, I’m not wantin’ no trouble. I just didn’t know…sorry," he repeated his apology, looking up at her with solemn eyes.

[/html]
[html]
He is so cute!

A genuine smile fell upon her lips as she watched the young boy who was only a couple months older, if that, than her two children at her feet. It had been over a month since the girl had been out of the borders, she barely strayed from her den and if she did it was only to hunt, but even then she was never far off. Soon she would be moving the two back into the house with her and Gabriel where a much better eye could be kept on the two at all times. She thought of getting a box so they would not wander too far from where they stood. Maybe one of those human gates they used to keep their children in one place would be good, filled with toys water and everything they would need.

Her thoughts drifted back to the young pup before her and her tail wagged back and forth as he spoke. She must have scared the living daylights out of him. Faolin felt a little bad and stepped forward towards the boy, letting her cream paws cover the distance between them before dipping her muzzle down to his forehead and giving him a couple comforting licks. When her children were upset it was an easy way to calm and soothe them she found and even though she was learning as she went on how to be a mother, she was doing pretty well, she thought.

"I'm glad. Us coyotes can never be too careful, a lot of the wolves around here don't like us too much I'm afraid," she frowned slightly and her red eyes drifted down upon the boy as she stepped backwards and sat down, Ezekiel and Talitha bounded over to her side staring at the much larger boy then them. They both huddled up against each other and peaked out from behind Faolin's back. Her tail beat happily beside her and she peered down at the two, stepping aside from where she was sitting to reveal the two bundles of fur.

"By the way, I am Faolin Mogotsi, and these two here," she dropped her muzzle to push them out in front of her, "are Talitha Lykoi and Ezekiel de le Poer. Who are you?" she asked tilting her head to the side in question. It could not be one of Phoenix's pups, but she felt like she had seen those eyes somewhere. Although, she was not one-hundred per cent sure. Her tail swept back and forth behind her as she waited for the golden youth to reply.

[/html]
[html]

Zadkiel's tension began to lift as the older female showed signs of sympathy towards him. Her smile was soft and welcoming and it calmed the young one, who for once had begun to think he'd done something truly bad. Something he couldn't get out of. He hesitated as she stepped forward, his creamy fur matching that of her paws. And as her head bent forward to give his head a lick, Zadkiel felt certain she was preparing to gobble him up. That her sweet acts had been nothing but a trick. However, the licks were gentle and as he cringed, he felt no teeth digging into his flesh. Instead, he felt a mother's warmth.

As she spoke, Zadkiel's ears perked up. Coyotes? Sure, there had been something strange about her that did not smell entirely wolf-like, but he'd have never guessed her to be a coyote. After all, the boy had never encountered anything but the occasional hybrid in his journeys. Did that mean that this was an entire pack of them? The way she spoke sure made it seem that way. "You said c'yotes," he said softly, testing the word on his lips, "That mean there's lots of you?" he asTheked cautiously, looking around nervously as he did.

The two pups poked their heads out from behind the safety of their mother, two young ones, much smaller than he. As she introduced herself and the pups, Zadkiel nodded and smiled softly, though his fears were not completely gone. "Nice to meet you all," he commented before introducing himself. "My name is Zadkiel D'Angelo. My mom's name is Misery, dunno if you'd know her or not, heck, I hardly know her," he said, considering the fact that he'd only been here a short while and most of what he had to go off of were the stories his father had told him of her. "How old are they?" he asked, gesturing to Talitha and Ezekiel. "They're cute little things, huh?" he complimented, admiring the tiny balls of fur huddled behind their mother.

[/html]
[html]
<3

Faolin nodded her head, even though she was something like eighty to eighty-five per cent coyote she still considered herself to be one. She was a hybrid of sorts, but none of her it seemed was coyote in the least. The girl was tiny like a coyote, she sounded like a coyote, except there sometimes were a slight wolf-like howl in her voice, but it only came out when she was extremely stressed or sad. Her whole build was that of a coyote. Except that little bit of her howl, she was fully a coyote from inside out. A lot of the 'coyotes' here were hybrids of sorts, very few if any at all anymore, were full blooded coyotes.

"Well, some of us are hybrids, but look more like coyotes, so they stay here. Coyotes are not allowed to join the wolf packs. Although, I think the rules are stupid around here," she snorted. Faolin was not wishing to join any of the wolves packs, but she thought it was dumb and it only separated them all the more from each other. The discrimination only drove the hate further and thus the large feud between coyotes and wolves would never end. Her tail swished back and forth behind her.

"A D'Angelo? I can't remember meeting anyone, but I am sure I have heard the name. Hmm, maybe I am just being forgetful again," she was tired, and her memory lately was not serving to be the best. The queen looked down at her children who forced their way back underneath her and burying their muzzles into the soft fur of her stomach and legs. "They are only a month old and yes, they are very cute," she smiled watching as Talitha peeked out from behind Faolin's foreleg yet again. She started to creep forward towards the boy to explore, but stopped abruptly about a tail length from him and stared up at him with those bright puppy-blue eyes that would soon morph into red or yellow, it was hard to tell.

[/html]