pick up every piece of the life we used to love
[html]

Table by Draggar ♥. One or two only please!

Geneva did not know what she had done to be so blessed, or to deserve the beautiful outcome of what once was a disaster, but she accepted these gifts without question. Pripyat, her blue-eyed boy, was growing up to be healthy and strong. He was curious, empathetic, generous, and brave. She could not have asked for a better son. She could not have been more proud of her son. Their family was slowly starting to form together, all the pieces falling into place a little bit at a time.

The new mother was much more at ease with her surroundings now. She was not as worried about leaving Pripyat alone for short stretches of time. If he wandered too far - which he never did, to the best of her knowledge - there were others around, like Xeris and Jefferson, who could shepherd him home.

It was still day time as the Whilom roamed the territories belonging to Phoenix Valley. She was reacquainting herself with them. She had ventured out a time or two, particularly to the Hill of Graves, but now she was looking forward to revisiting places that housed happier memories. Geneva and Jefferson had shared something special here some time ago. At night, the overgrown grasses of this field weren't the prominent feature of this field. Fireflies were known to roam and dance here in a series of flickering lights. But it was still the early afternoon, and Geneva would have to wait some hours if she wanted to see that. But she decided that she would not wait here for sunset. Instead she would plan to bring Pripyat here to see such wonders. And perhaps Jefferson as well, if he was around and in the mood for it. Geneva mused, making plans for a pleasant not-so-distant future, and the August sun glinted down.

<style type="text/css">
.orangelily b {font-weight:bold; color:#FFFF00; letter-spacing:1px; }
.orangelily i {color:#CC0000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.orangelily .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#FFFFFF}
.orangelily p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.orangelily {margin:0 auto; width:376px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i34.tinypic.com/30uzhuv.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 5px 0px 349px 0px; font-family: optima; font-size:12px; color:#FF6600; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
((I shall reply! Big Grin ))

Angel had made some good distance with gaining the Healer rank. Now it would only be to get the Apothecary rank to be that extra special. Either way she was quite proud with the work she had put through it to gain the rank. Happy with herself she had continued her studies of injuries and things from books she had salvaged, which she could not read but they did have pictures, and it was obvious that she held them dear for she kept them protected in a box high on a shelf and only went to them when she needed to study. So far, she had practiced surgeries and things when needed on injured animals, some of which she housed in her home till they were healed, and used the experience gained for possible emergencies when they arose. So far, none had come. Not yet. So knowing this she was quite alright with it. Now she had begun to practice her antivenin to see if any would work. She had tried it on rats and after a few unsuccessful tries, a way was found and several rats she tried the batch on soon showed that the antivenin had worked. Knowing this, she copied all of the batches she had and kept them safe.

It was soon that she would cross into the fields that held so many fireflies in the air in the night when the moon was high and Angel remembered this place well. Especially after the fire that had struck so long ago before returning here. It was one of her favorite places of all. Memories flooded her mind as she remembered one of the Phoenix family members had accepted her into the pack and this was the place they had crossed. That was ever so long ago. Years it seemed. Perhaps it was but it was hard to remember. She held her leather knap sack on her back as she watched the skies seeing that it was till too light out to even see any fire flies at all. Hours would have to pass for that and that was something Angel was interested in doing, but didn't have the intent. She would return later when the moon was out.

As Angel moved her head in the distance she had seen Geneva. A smile rose to her lips and then partially faded. She had seen her a time or two, but in her opinion she hadn't been... herself as of late. Not the way Angel remembered her anyway. As she approached she smiled to the woman and raised a hand to wave. "Afternoon Geneva!" she called out as she approached and soon came close. "How have you been?" she spoke, hinting softly that she had noticed her saddened moods at times when she would pass by her or see her in meetings and places. When she was like that Angel had kept to herself thinking it was not her place to know, but it was her place to care. And now seeing that she had the chance to speak to Geneva, she would.

((woo! had to post!))
[html]

Table by Draggar ♥.

The Whilom raised her olive-colored gaze to meet Angelique's blue eyes. It had been some time since she had seen the darker wolfess. Geneva smiled, genuinely delighted to have the chance to converse with the pack's healer. She had heard of Angel's accomplishments, but she had not had the time to congratulate her personally. At the time, she had been spending most of her nights and days outside of Phoenix Valley to avoid interacting with Jefferson. That part of her life seemed like a life time ago, when in reality it had been only a few months. It was funny how time could change things, help to heal her wounds, and help to change her outlook.

"Good afternoon, Angelique," the Whilom responded in kind. When she smiled, the flesh of one side of her face twisted slightly, a souvenir from her fall. But Geneva felt no self consciousness about her disfigurement anymore. It was not any worse than her mate's, and she had never considered Jefferson anything less than attractive. His scars did not diminish his appeal to her, and she decided that her scars did not take away from hers either.

"I am better than I have been in months," Geneva said, deciding not to tip-toe around the fact that she had not been herself some months prior. The wolfess was far more at east with everything. Suddenly her smile became much brighter. "Angel, I don't know if you've heard...but Jefferson and I have a child. A son, his name is Pripyat." Pride and love were evident in her words. This was not something that she wanted to hold in any longer. Pripyat, although precious to her, was no longer her secret to keep.

<style type="text/css">
.orangelily .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#FFFFFF}
.orangelily {margin:0 auto; width:376px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i34.tinypic.com/30uzhuv.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 5px 0px 349px 0px; font-family: optima; font-size:12px; color:#FF6600; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
((Crap!! Sorry moved and had little to no net. POsting!!!))

Angel listened intently seeing that she wished not to walk around the fact that she had not been herself lately and decided not to push the subject. Angel understood this as she had not wanted to tiptoe around her rape either so she had passed it and almost forgotten about it. She still had the scarring on her back in places from his claws and things. Her excitement rose when she had heard that Gevena had a child. She and Jefferson! Her smile rose brightly and she smiled. "Geneva, that is wonderful! I had no idea! Congratulations! How old is he now?" Angel asked as she became fairly excited.

Angel always wanted her own pups. Heck, she even had a partial crush on Ty before he left the pack for some reason. Angel had no idea why and it worried her partially but she figured he had his reasons and prayed that he would be safe. She had often thought of looking for a mate and wondered who would be a good suitor for her but being that Phoenix Valley had a few males, she was unsure of who would be a good suitor for her. Plus becoming a mate with some one that you barely knew was almost awkward in a way.
[html]

Table by Draggar ♥.

Angelique's answering smile was the response that the Whilom had been looking for. Geneva was relieved that this news would be accepted so readily and happily. Although she had estranged herself from others for personal reasons, she had begun to feel a little awkward. Would her packmates trust her, especially since she had kept such a monumental secret, even from the father of her child, for weeks and weeks? She was glad to know that there would be an atmosphere of acceptance within the pack with regard to her child.

"He was born in early June," Geneva explained. She remembered that night well, the air of expectation, discovery, and terror. She didn't think she would be a good mother, but she was trying her hardest every day. And the miracle that was her child evolved and changed in wondrous ways every day. She was always surprised that someone like Pripyat had come from someone like her. She was proud of her son. "Tell me what has been keeping you busy these last few weeks," the Whilom said sheepishly. She had been so out of touch.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
"Oh well lets see! I've been making antivenins using horse blood so in case if some one gets a snake bite or spider bite that poisonous from certain species I can deliver something that will make them feel better. Its taken me across the lands and things as well as on horseback, since its been easier that way, and met a couple from Crimson Dreams and things and they were nice. I hate not remembering names though. Takes me a few times."

Angel laughed as she thought about her travels. They were interesting indeed and it kept her busy most of the time. "There is almost no rest when needing to make sure supplies remain fresh and useable for all the pack members. I like keeping a storage bin for all of the supplies of first aid and things outside of my house so in case if they need something immediately its all there for them. As it was, I had to help Xeris offspring, Xerion I think, with a nail that had gotten into her leg. I have to remember to check on her..."

Angel smiled as she thought of the day that Xerion had injured her leg. She thought it was Xerion. She had been so busy that names had slipped out of her mind pretty easily. Especially if she had only met them once and not seen them for a while. It was interesting how it was easy and it frustrated her some even more actually. "Oh! Have you seen or heard anything from Ty? Hes been gone for so long... I worry about him greatly. Has he said anything before he left?"
WC: 521

It appeared that Angelique had been quite busy. Geneva did not expect for the lives of others to be put on hold while she tried to find herself, but she was always a little shocked to hear how life had progressed while she had hidden away. Geneva received this news happily; it was good that Angelique was able to fill her time in fulfilling and helpful ways. The dark pelted wolfess had always been eager to lend a helping hand, and so Geneva was not at all surprised that her life in the pack had progressed in such a way.

”Xion,” Geneva intoned helpfully. Angelique was not good with names, but that did not matter very much. The Whilom knew that the dark woman’s heart was in the right place, as evidenced by her attempts to help Xion. Geneva had not seen very much of Xion, or any of Xeris’ other children. She hoped that they were well, wherever they were. Geneva worried about Pripyat constantly, and he was almost always in earshot. She did not know how she would cope if her headstrong, brave boy suddenly disappeared.

Geneva had not heard from Ty in a very long time. She shook her head quietly. ”To tell you the truth, I am not certain why he left in the first place,” the Whilom said. ”It is possible that he is off in pursuit of his family. I know that his father, DaVinci, was part of this pack for a long time, and then he left. And Ty also has a sister; I don’t know her name.” DaVinci, Ty’s father, had been a good friend to Jefferson, and had potentially saved Geneva’s life, or at least spared her a lot of pain, once. The family had been scattered to the four winds and to each separate corner of the Earth. For whatever their reasons were for leaving, Geneva hoped that they would find what they sought.

There was something about the way Angelique said Ty’s name that made her ears perk up a little bit. It was the way her tongue danced over that single syllable and made it seem more significant. ”Were you two close? the Whilom asked, aware that she was probably treading on delicate territory. Nevertheless, she was concerned for Angelique. It was better to talk things out than to hold them in; Geneva should know after all this time.

The Whilom wanted to rebuild her relationships within the pack. Geneva had returned with her son in the hopes of giving him a fuller life. There was no reason she should not enrich her own life and strength her relationships as well. Geneva found it hard to trust on certain levels, but she knew that she should not punish her well intentioned pack mates due to her own insecurities and apprehension. Geneva was resolute; it was time to reconstruct and re-evaluate the way she related to Phoenix Valley. Once, she had been a sub-leader here. She still harbored a deep sense of loyalty to this pack and to those who resided within it. It was a good place to start.
"Well..."

The ebon gypsy started as she replayed the memories of that night she was raped in her mind. Ty had told her before all that as well that he never wished to kill with his hands again and yet, she made him do it. "In my opinion, we were close like siblings which was nice and all. I had started to develop feelings for him until he did disappear... I think it had to do with the night I was raped. He told me of his history being a mercenary and things and how he never wished to kill with his hands again. Out of protecting me, he killed Brutus with his bare hands and that was when he grew distant with me. He left shortly there after. I was hoping that perhaps he explained to one of the leaders, but even Jefferson said he told him nothing. I have not heard from him since." The ebon lady sighed and sadness stroked over her. Angel was not sure what else she could have done, if her at all, that caused Ty to leave. She did pray for his safe return however.

Since his leave, Angel thought perhaps he had been the only other bachelor that might best suit her. Yes, she had been growing a little lonely now for companionship and it worried her some, but not to the point where she would be depressed. She had her horses and that was plenty for now. Some even talked to her every now and then even though she couldn't understand them all the time. Body language had grown easily understandable of course so that was her only line of communication. She had seen the other males roaming about in the lands but most of them were new comers and she didn't wanna creep them out by getting close so soon. Not only that, she knew nothing about any of them and if she wanted to find the right one, she needed to be patient.
[html]

Table by Draggar ♥.

It troubled the Whilom that Ty's whereabouts were virtually unkown. However, she could not do anything to alleviate either of their fears about his exact location and his health. Geneva was not omniscient. However, she was confident in Ty's ability to survive and to make his own way in life. "I'm certain that he is fine," the gray lady said with sincerity that she truly felt.

Geneva remebered the first time she had met DaVinci's son. His smile had been infectious. It made sense that a creature with such strength would also be a free spirit. Although she knew that he was content to call Phoenix Valley home fora while, Ty had been abroad before. The world had probably called to him in a way that the fields surrounding them here had not.

"Ty has traveled before. He will return in his own time, after he has finished whatever he has set out to do." If Ty had felt any sort of unrest, Geneva knew that the responible male would return here, if only to pass through and survey what had changed.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
And while speaking of returns... a new ebony wolf, had sprinted towards the Valley that had adopted him. The bulky Secui form was abandoned for the regular wolf--he had to move fast. It had been some time since he left the Valley to return home--the pangs of homesickness had plagued him, even though he knew that nothing would be left of his beloved Boston. Still, he had to see. He had to be sure that the city really did sink through the soft marshland that had made up the bulk of the landscape that the old city was built on. Like Atlantis from the human folklore, Boston had sunk into the ocean, taking everything with it.

Home truly was gone. But Michael had a new one: The Phoenix Valley. And this home was hospitable, comfortable, and benevolent. Maybe with time, the ebony-furred wolf would come to love this place just as much as Boston. But nothing could ever replace your roots, and when those roots are taken away... you just have to make do with the best you've got.

He found the Whilom that had first introduced him to the pack. He knew he had been gone for sometime, so he approached as if he was a new pup: head lowered, eyes downcast, ears at half-mast, and his tail tucked between his legs, but not so much to make one assume fear.