in xanadu did kubla khan
[html]

OOC
Big Grin

IC
He could admit that he had missed the pack life, if you could even call their tribe back home a pack, but this experience was so very different that he could predict a hard time of adjustment in his future. Ever since their acceptance, which was perhaps a day ago, Sasha had not met anyone else that resided in the pack, or even anyone else native to the general area. Dmitri was not with him today, and Sasha did not know where he was, but he was sure they would regroup some way or another at night for them to sleep, wherever it was. Not like they planned anything. Sasha had not thought of that at the time.

But for the time being, he was rather lost, or at least he felt that way even if he had only been wandering the territory on his own for a couple of hours. He had found a nice little patch of green grass, although the whole place was green he liked this small area the best out of all of them, which was soft and felt comfortable enough to sit in for long periods of time. Not that he was planning to spend a long time there, just sitting and doing nothing else, not as if he was going to just spend the rest of the night there, sitting, awake. Just until he figured out where he was trying to go, or decide if he was going to see anyone or anything of interest.

There was grass, and there was water somewhere, a few places he had seen. Ocean, he was sick of the ocean by then, but it looked nice when he was standing on the dry land again and looking out at it from the sand. There was freshwater, which he supposed was good, he would not die of thirst if he chose to stay in the territory for a few days without venturing outside. Buildings, somewhat similar to the ones in Europe but not really, though those didn't really interest him at all. He preferred a hole in the ground beneath a tree, though he felt the need to tell Dmitri about those the next chance he got, if the other male did not see them already.

The sun was on its way down, but that was not readily noticeable to him, and he was more preoccupied with thinking about the rest of the day, anyway. Not its end, a few hours from then, it felt like it would be an infinity into the future. Its appearance would surprise him, but he subconsciously knew that night was going to come eventually and then he would need a place to sleep. A new place, a better place, with more room for the both of them. But until then, he flopped over onto his side in the grass, looking like a dead dog, and heaved a sigh of content. There was enough day left.

[/html]
((Ill join! Didn't want this going unanswered.))

And of course the night would come swiftly.

The stars in some places had already begun to shine through the dark lavender and light pink of everything that it spread upon. The clouds moved slowly like a pod of whales in the sea and shaped to unrecognizable shapes that were always fun to try and guess when one got extremely bored anyway. Angel was no different as she had taken pause to look to the sky for a moment. Her long tendrils of onyx colored hair and silver dappled back body seemed almost pink in the sunlight as the raven feathers sat lightly in her hair with turquoise beads holding them on. The necklace she wore that held a dream catcher and more turquoise beads stood out strongly from her darkened pelt as she continued down towards the grassier parts of the lands and towards the sea. The oceans were always the thing that most fascinated her. That and the way that the animals lived in it and how they lived in it.

Angel soon stooped in close to see another figure sitting in the grass seemingly content. Angel smiled and soon recognized that she didn't know the new face! Stooping down Angel smiled to the man, or woman, that lied in the grass and spoke up. "Forgive me for intruding, but I do believe I have not met you before..." Angel remained in the partial crouched position as her long shoulder length hair danced lightly in the small breeze and her bangs brushed gently against her face. Turquoise eyes remained locked onto the one in the grass and watched for movement to make sure the other was not dead.
[html]
OOC
I was too lazy to use a translator so my just saying what phonetic Russian I know might be wrong. lol

IC
He did not move, not once, from his position--not even after he became mostly sure that there was someone else around. It began as a discomfort, which soon grew into a general feeling of uneasiness and of being watched, but he refused himself the act of actually getting up and looking around himself. Don't be fooled, it was not because he had already developed some kind of trusting relationship with his new pack, as if he could not be afraid of anything, as if he thought that they would protect him from any kind of threat--or would not be a threat, themselves. No, he was just self-destructively lazy that day.

Her footsteps were audible to him, and his nose twitched frantically (yet somehow subtly) trying to pick up some kind of scent. He only succeeded when she was close enough to touch, not at all helpful to him if she were not coming to him with friendly intentions, but he could leave that a problem for another time. She spoke to him in English, of course, and used several words that Sasha could not yet understand, not that he was really even trying yet. A couple seconds passed before he even turned, rolled over onto his back, to look up at the Optime female with confused and unknowing eyes. Only then did he begin trying to decode her words.

Privet, devochka1, he muttered in Russian, not really knowing what else to say at the moment, even if he knew she'd likely not understand. But he remembered, soon after, the word he had been previously looking for. Hello. Can't speaking English. Sorry. The frown he gave her, then, was genuinely apologetic.

OOC
1Hello, girl

[/html]
((Not sure how to pronounce those things to be able to type them xD So I may be just using full on russian with translations... xPP))

Translation: Ah I see! Forgive me then. I am Angelique du Coudray and I was only saying I had not seen you before. You must be new to the lands, yes
--
If you are, I welcome you to Phoenix Valley! I am the Medic here so anything you need fixed up or need medicine come to me!

------

"Ах я вижу! Простите мне тогда. Я - Анжелик дю Кудрэ, и я только говорил, что я не видел Вас прежде. Вы должны быть плохо знакомыми со странами, да?"

Angel smiled and gave a wink at her speech. Luckily in her old pack she had lived with some one who could speak Russian so she knew just a little bit to keep herself going but she considered herself not perfect. She was still learning new things everyday.

"Если Вы, я приветствую Вас к Долине Финикса! Я - Санитар здесь так что - нибудь, что Вы нуждаетесь чинивший или нуждаетесь в медицине прибыть ко мне!"

Angel spoke again with the different language making her tongue feel a little funny. Sure she practiced her Russian whenever she could for others that could not very well speak the language, but she played two people: the person she was and the person she was 'talking' to in efforts to practice both her questions and her responses if she were asked questions.

OOC

Bear with possible late responses. I will be moving and things so it will be hard to connect to the net at times. Not only that, xD I am connected through the net via my smart phone.
[html]
OOC
Not a problem, I understand! Big Grin
I might be slow myself, I have high school and high school sports and high school clubs and high school homework and my whole life revolves around high school now. xD

IC
Her speaking of Russian surprised him, and he was shocked into silence for the duration of her words. There were Russian-speakers in the pack? What a wonderful surprise, he would certainly have to tell Dmitri about this sometime, should he remember it by the time they see each other next. His lips twitched once, and then the corners raised into a tiny smile, hardly noticeable but very there. So, he would be granted the privilege of having a conversation with a packmate. Who else could he talk to?

Я рад встретиться с вами, Анжелика! Меня зовут Александр Вольский, я новичок, да. Позвоните мне Саша.1 he said, trying to tone down his excitement enough to speak slowly and clearly, so that she might be able to understand him. Sure, she could speak Russian, but he could hear the fact that she was not exactly fluent in the language, nor was she of Russian descent. Благодарю вас, я помню, что в следующий раз я не пострадает. Если бы я не пострадает.2

He paused, giving her a chance to process his words, before continuing on. Где ты научился говорить на русском? Существуют ли более русский выступающих в Phoenix Valley?3

OOC
1It's a pleasure to meet you, Angelique! My name is Aleksandr Volsky, I'm new, yeah. Call me Sasha.
2Thank you, I will remember that, next time I get hurt. If I get hurt.
3Where did you learn to speak Russian? Are there more Russian speakers in Phoenix Valley?

[/html]
-Good! Do keep that in mind! Nice to meet you Sasha. As for Russian speakers, I think I am the only proclaimed one here. My grandmother before I came to this pack was Russian, or at least spoke it, and I learned from her. It was a hard language, but never thought it would come in handy until now!
-Do you have any siblings or friends in the pack? Or are you here alone?

---

"Хорошо! Держите это в виду ! Приятно познакомиться Саша. Что же касается русской ораторов, я думаю, что я только провозгласила один здесь. Моя бабушка , прежде чем я пришел в этот пакет был русский, по крайней мере, говорил он , и я узнал от нее. Это был трудный язык , но никогда не думал, что это пригодится до сих пор!"

Angel spoke as she smiled and placed a hand on her hip in a relaxed pose. She could see his excitement and she smiled to this. She too was excited that he understood her every word and she was glad of it. It was good that her second language could be used to help another. Especially if she had to translate hard things for him.

"Есть ли у вас друзей или братьев и сестер в пакет на всех? Или вы здесь один?"

The language slipped from her tongue again in a gentle yet funny sensation as she spoke her Russian again. Angel was alone in the pack for she had no siblings - no thanks to Brutus. She kept that to herself as she thought of it. There was no need to speak of it, or think of it at this point. Angel smiled as she waited the response from Sasha, hoping she would be able to respond well in return.