Distracting thoughts
[html]

WC: 368 (2 Points)

Liliana was feeling worse for wear, she wasn’t getting as much sleep now, thinking about how she’d be shunned for not having her spirit guide yet. It was eating her from the inside out. She wanted to be a part of the pack so bad. She loved the wolves that were a part of it and she enjoyed the company of her friend Nayati very much. He’d been there for her like no one else had so far. What if she was just doomed to wander? Hadn’t she joined a pack to be a part of one? She started to wonder if she was doing a good enough job as she cleared out an empty stall that had been used the night before and arranged the hay for it to be used again later on when she had to change another horse’s stall.

She absentmindedly got Grace out of her stall for her morning run. She never needed tack so it was just a hop on and they were gone. Grace learned to maneuver herself when Lili moved. And stopped when Lili lightened her grip on the horse. it was almost the same as having full take except it was better. Her thoughts brought them all the way out into the forested area of Ethereal Eclipse just inside Aniwayan fenced borders, Liliana was just too busy thinking as the horse wandered through the thick trees. She had Grace at a walk knowing any missed root could easily kill the horse. Lili wanted to keep Grace for quite sme time… alive. Her thoughts kept wandering to what she was doing wrong, and how she could remedy her problem. She had to stay here. She’d stay as long as she could at least, and that was probably until Dawali decided she’d had long enough for a spirit guide to come to her and then he’d kick her out. The thought made her feel sick to her stomach. She let the horse stop and looked around. She was now pretty familiar with the woods, but hadn’t been paying attention to where she was. All she knew right now was she was at the borders of AniWaya, and that was about it.

<style type="text/css"> .lil b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffcc66; letter-spacing:1px; } .lil .ooc { font-style:italic; color:#FFCC33; padding-top:250px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;} .lil p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; color: #ff6600} .lil {margin:0 auto; width:377px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... iliana.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#ff6600; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>[/html]
[html]

WC 600+

Orin wrung her delicate fingers together in worry as her eyes peered cautiously around her. She stood at the brink of a very important decision and her options toiled in her head while her body wore her worry quite visibly. One fidgety hand moved to the leather strap looped around her shoulder and adjusted the pack on her back for the umpteenth time, even though her burden was not heavy nor awkward to carry. It was this new territory, this new decision that she was uncertain of her. Of course, her decision had been made the moment she arrived at this crossroad, she just hadn’t admitted it to herself yet. This was unfamiliar territory, after all, and she didn’t have her usual bodyguard around to protect her.

If this had been her first few months of residence in the Northern lands, she would have gone crashing over the border, trespassing on AniWaya’s lands and placated her intrusion with the pretense of adventure. But despite how it so often seemed, Orin had evolved and was learning from her days both back in Florida, and her new life with Niro in Nova Scotia. Her mind was still made up to call the attention of someone in AniWaya, but at least now it was not before weighing the consequences.

Unfortunately for her, she had been so immersed in other studies that she knew little about the AniWaya pack, short of the fact that it was in “this direction” of her home in Cour des Miracles. This was the reason for her hesitation. She wracked her brain trying to remember anything about the pack. They’re not an enemy, right? How did they work? Did they welcome visitors? If not, she would be wasting her time here because what she sought wouldn’t be here anyway. But if so, this could be a very fruitful trip, and could end her search much quicker than she had expected. Then she could get home to Niro, and drag that trollop back with her to make him stop moping around, and get him a well deserved apology.

Hmm. . . Niro. She wondered if he found the note yet. The last time she wandered off, even though she never left Cour des Miracles territory, he presumed she had left him. This time she had gone with a purpose, a noble, respectable purpose and she was determined not to fail. But this time, learning from her mistakes, she also left Niro a note, which so adroitly read:

Niro,
Gone fishing. Be back in a couple weeks.
O

She grinned when she pinned it to the door. It was a perfect note. It wasn’t a lie, she was off fishing. . . sort of. Except instead of looking for sea creatures she was searching for a woman. It was like fishing, in a way. Choose a direction, cast your line of questioning, and then reel it back in with the results. This way, he wouldn’t suspect that she was up to something particularly dangerous and try to come after her while he was still healing. Although, she didn’t think about the fact that a fishing trip, especially in Cour des Miracles with all it’s coastline, should hardly take a few hours, let alone a few weeks.

Clomping brought her out of her reverie. Her hand was still raised to support the backpack when her eyes decided to actually focus on what she was looking at, rather than daydream. Her ears cupped and swiveled toward the sound. Many of her pack mates had horses and she recognized the rhythmic drumming of the horse’s gait as it sauntered through the forest, rider in tow. This would be her last chance to turn tail and skedaddle, but Orin had long ago made up her mind to approach AniWaya.

Tipping her head back, she sounded her presence. It was a short, brisk howl that would resonate over the horse’s hooves and to the rider. The last thing she wanted was to be a stranger in this strange land and have them assume she was trying to sneak up on them.

<style type="text/css">
.Orintrade b {font-weight:bold; color:#fda18c; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Orintrade-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#6b5a4a; text-align:center;}
.Orintrade p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 12px; margin:0px;}
.Orintrade {margin:0 auto; width:337px; background-color:#fbfdd6; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ntable.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #fbfced; padding: 0px 0px 230px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#6b5a4a; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.Orintrade-border1 {width:339px; border:1px solid #6b5a4a; margin:0 auto;}
.Orintrade-line1 {width:250px; border-bottom:1px solid #fbeec2; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 304 (2 points).

Liliana was in such deep thought that she almost didn’t hear the soft howl that was coming from near her, a howl that told her someone was there. She didn’t recognize the voice, but what she could see was white… it couldn’t have been Nayati… he didn’t normally leave the pack, but then seeing the pink in a flash of movement… it was a total stranger. She halted Grace and looked at the new wolf suspiciously, but she seemed that she should be greeted, it was in fact a greeting kind of for her, she’d have scared the daylights out of Liliana if she’d come out of her stupor or she would have passed the wolf by. She moved the horse closer to the fence where the other wolf was on the other side.

Hello, you are at the border of Aniwaya, my name is Liliana, is there anything I can help you with?

She asked politely. Watching the movement of the white wolf stiffly, not sure of what she wanted. Her oddly colored hair was interesting as well, but she’d seen different things all over. Including a wolf that wore a gas mask on his face. She felt she would be better taken if she were off the horse so she jumped off Grace and patted her neck, leaning on the horse a little, with her ears up, and her eyes on the wolf. She must have an interesting tale to tell if she had pink hair, she wondered how the wolf got it like that, she knew it wasn’t natural. She did try to keep her mind on the subject at hand though and right now it was what this wolf was doing at the AniWayan borders. Even with the doubts of her belonging there, she still had loyalty to the pack.

<style type="text/css">
.lilianna1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#8D9839; letter-spacing:1px;}
.lilianna1ooctext {font-style:italic; color:#977B63; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:9px; text-align: right;}
.lilianna1 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.lilianna1 {margin:0 auto; width:300px; background-color:#E0C5B0; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... iliana.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #A98666; padding: 205px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#9C7B5D; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
table by lin
[/html]
[html]

ooc wc 336

She nodded knwoingly as the female greeted her with the information that she had arrived at the AniWaya packlands, and a quick flash of pride skittered through her as she realized she actually made it where she wanted to go. Perhaps her sense of direction was improving after all! Maybe more of these roves would do some good… It was probably apparent that her mind was wandering by the momentary far-away look in her golden eyes, but as Lilianna dismounted she was drawn back to the present and focused her attention once again.

“Hi,” she gave a kind of funny little wave to the woman. “My name is Orin Takekuro. I come as a friend from Cour des Miracles. I’m searching for someone I need to find very desperately and see if I can convince her to come back home to the Court. If she’s not here, I’d also like to know if perhaps I can stay for a day or two to rest up and replenish my provisions.” She shrugged her traveling pack so Lilianna could see it. “I could trade work for my stay, of course.”

She still donned the happy smile across her muzzle, and though her words were calculated letting Lilianna know why she was there without delving into too much detail, the excitement of her journey and determination in her heart were still palpable.

Her eyes flicked from Liliana to the steed she rode, and she grinned wider. There were many horses in the Court, so luckily she had had time to get used to their presence. Still she chuckled on the irony of riding prey, but did not comment on it. The animals were admirable, and she loved the funny sounds they made from the snorts and whinnies, to the rhythmic clopping of their hooves when they walked. She wondered if she could ever have one herself.

“Beautiful animal you have there. We have a lot of horses in the Court, but I haven’t yet ventured to ride one myself.”

<style type="text/css">
.Orintrade-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#6b5a4a; text-align:center;}
.Orintrade {margin:0 auto; width:337px; background-color:#fbfdd6; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ntable.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #fbfced; padding: 0px 0px 230px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#6b5a4a; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.Orintrade-line1 {width:250px; border-bottom:1px solid #fbeec2; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 306 (2 Points) OOC: whee

The young female seemed to be strange in not just her looks but the way she spoke, but this made Liliana interested. Orin, was a part of the miracles pack, she knew one other from there, Heath, who’d actually helped her get Grace. She listened to the hastened explanation from the wolf thinking, she was a rather friendly wolf and she seemed genuine.

It is nice to meet you Orin, but I am not sure if you will find your friend here, we have not had any visitors from the Miracles pack here since I’ve come here, and that was some time ago.

She said, making the necessary face that meant she wished she could help.

But I think we can let you stay for a short time, I don’t think Dawali will mind

She said, and noticed that Orin looked at Grace in a neutral kind of way, she guessed that the wolf wasn’t one who would be interested in riding, it wasn’t for everyone, but she did have a genuine smile when she heard the other say she had a nice horse.

Thank you, actually one of your pack members helped me get her, his name is Heath, maybe you know him? I was hoping to see him soon, I saw he’d found himself his own horse and let him be that day, but he’s a nice wolf.

She said, thinking of how friendly he had been to her and showed her how he did his work, it was a great day in her mind. She was interested in learning more about this wolf though.

if you want you can tell me the name of this friend you are looking for? Maybe I’d have heard the name around the pack, I don’t know though the area’s big, and we don’t have eyes everywhere sadly.

<style>
.lili-horse2-ooc {font-style:italic; }
.lili-horse2 p {padding:0px 7px 5px 7px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.lili-horse2 b {color:#B6D6F8; letter-spacing:.8px;}
.lili-horse2 {background-color:#213142; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010may/lilhorse2.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 228px 0px; border:1px solid #7DA4CD; font-family: 'palatino linotype', palatino, georgia, serif; font-size:13px; color:#7DA4CD; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:15px; width:351px; text-align:justify; }
.lili-horse2-border {width:353px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
.lili-horse2-separator{width:340px; border-bottom:1px dotted #7DA4CD; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

ooc... wc 320

A cacophony of emotion swirled in her features as Liliana spoke. She was disappointed that the woman had not known of any CdM visitors to her pack recently, intrigued at the hope of resting a while in AniWaya, interested about Heath and lastly hopeful as the auburn woman returned to the matter at hand.

“That would be wonderful!” She remarked at the thought of staying. Her eyes began searching the woods around them, though there was little to take in in this less-settled area of AniWaya.

She nodded casually. “Yes, I know of Heath. I don’t really know him personally but I went on a pack hunt with him once when I first arrived at the Court, and have seen him in passing here or there. But I don’t really know him other than that.”

“Anyway, about Liliya… Maybe she didn’t say she was from Cour des Miracles. All I know is that she disappeared from the packlands without a word. Her mate doesn’t even know where she went or what happened to her,” at least, that is the truth in Orin’s mind. “He’s my brother, and he’s really distraught. He was injured in a hunting accident and couldn’t come search for her himself, so I took it upon myself. Family duties and all, y’know?

“Her name is Liliya Russo. She’s a Russian woman, thin, black hair, tiny waist, big boobs,” she made a motion with her hands to emphasize Liliya’s endowments… and then giggled. “Probably most noticeable by the way she speaks. Her family are Russian natives, so she has a beautiful, thick accent.”

She cocked her head to the side, hopefully searching Liliana’s face for any sign of recognition. She took a step forward, moving closer into the borders of AniWaya and seeming to have relaxed a measure. Though she remained on-task with her investigation of Liliya’s whereabouts, her waxing interest in the new land was growing tangible.

<style type="text/css">
.orincones b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffccff; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.orincones-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, normal; font-size:10px; color:#9251A2; text-align:right; }
.orincones p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.orincones {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#40BDDD; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... tepops.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #077E9C; padding: 10px 0px 230px 0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:11px; color:#006680; line-height:13px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]
[html]<style type="text/css">#lilianaaugust1{width:430px; margin:auto;background-color:#ffffff; background-image:url(http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... liana1.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom; border:5px solid #bfb4a2;}#lilianaaugust1 b{font-family:arial, tahoma, sans-serif; color:#000000;}#lilianaaugust1 p{color:#5a4534; font-family:georgia, 'times new roman', serif; line-height:14px; text-align:justify; margin-top:0px;}#lilianaaugust1 i{float:right;}</style>

WC: 311 (2 Points) OOC: hehehe you get baby porky one even though lili doesn’t even have her spirit guide in this one yet lol
-------------------------------------

She gave the girl a smile as she seemed mixed with emotions, the young wolf was able to handle them really well but had a hard time hiding it.

Come on we can walk and talk if you want, the borders aren’t too far away.

She said, turning the horse around and moving along the foliage of the forest. She listened to Orin’s explanation and felt sad. Would someone’s mate really do such a thing? That was a terrible thought. She always thought of mates staying together their whole lives. Like her parents, when her father died her mother starved herself, though Liliana did not wish to ever put her friends through what her mother had made Liliana go through.

That’s terrible, I’m sorry for your brother. I hope he heals well.

The next statement, or rather description took Liliana off guard, the young girl was so blunt, and she couldn’t help but hold down a gasp of surprise when she mentioned the other’s breasts. She felt her own face grow hot, though she didn’t know why, it wasn’t like they were talking about her own.

I have not heard the name in talk or seen such a female, I’m sorry, maybe if she did pass by it was unseen, we get a few travelers like that. It was very irresponsible of her to do such a thing. As to leave her mate, I suppose she does need telling of what happened to him at least.

She said, walking slowly, moving towards the fence of the Aniwayan borders. The young girl next to her was quite the anomaly, something she would never have guessed existed until she met up with her. She stared at the pink hued wolf, wondering how such a viabrant color could be a part of a wolf, she wondered how she could hunt with something so obvious.

[/html]
[html]

wc 478

She nodded gratefully as Lilianna started for the borders. Movement would placate her for a time, and her inner excitement grew as they neared the AniWayan borders. Her eyes kept peering around out of curiosity, wide and taking in every sight even if that sight was just more trail or more trees. She was committing it all to memory in case she ever had to return – in hopes she would one day return. The sights, the scents, the sounds were all being etched into her memory so she could recall it and scrawl it into her tome later. The journal practically burned through her pack now, but she subdued the nagging insistence to grab and start scratching things onto the pages right now. That might perturb her chaperone.

So, Lilianna truly hadn’t seen Liliya come to AniWaya, and her first idea may have been in vain. Still, AniWaya might be a big enough place that Lilianna wouldn’t know of every traveler, but still she bit her lower lip gently, her eyebrows pursing together in remorse. “Thank you. I’ll let him know of your well wishes when I return. But it looks like that might not be another little while yet if… since… Liliya isn’t here.

“Oh, right,” she nodded knowingly as something the woman said struck a nerve of clarity. “If she came by unseen, maybe she left some trace behind so I can know where to head next. After I rest a bit, perhaps I will take a look around your borders… if that’s okay… I’ve never really been the best hunter or tracker, but I’m sure I can find some clue. Otherwise I’m just going to throw a dart at the map and start walking.” She chuckled at the haphazard idea. “It is all really strange. And the funny thing is, I didn’t hear any word of her family being worried about her.” She shook her head. “But they must have been, the Russo’s are a great people. I suppose I wasn’t around for very long before I took off. I was off on a quest of sorts and had just returned home and found my brother in that state, and so dismayed over his poor Liliya. I left within a couple nights, as soon as I knew he was comfortable.”

Her voice trilled on musically as the pair walked, her words offhand and casual, and from time to time she would flash her smile at Lilianna and at other instances she would scan the world around her for the little intricacies that made this place different than the Court.

“So what is this place like?” It was a funny, vague question, but she left it so open ended for a reason. She was unsure if the AniWayan people were secretive or open about their culture, and this was her polite way of testing the waters.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC:321 (2 points) OOC: woo hoo ^^

Liliana listened as the young woman rambled on, she didn’t really get much of what she was saying but she really was paying attention. They soon found themselves at the gate that let them into the AniWayan territory. She turned to Orin, a serious look now on her face.

I don’t know how Dawali our leader would react to that, I think it best if you asked him about watching the borders for signs of your friend. I don’t see that he’ll deny you, but it’s better to ask him than me, or even Nayati, he’s good friends with the Chief, I am not particularly one of those that could give you that kind of permission.

She said, she wanted to make it clear to Orin that she had only so much say before it would have to go to the leaders, she opened the gate, first letting Grace through then waiting for Orin to join the horse. Her slight smile returned to her face, showing the pink furred female that she was still going to be her friend. She mulled over Orins question. She did love it here, even though she felt out of place now, she knew that her spirit guide was a big part of being in the pack, but she hadn’t gotten hers yet… but she wouldn’t leave just because of that…

Aniwaya… well it’s the only pack I’ve lived in really, it’s much different than what I use to do, though in some ways the same. We have many ceremonies thanking the lands for what they’ve given us, and we farm, which from what I know is quite rare, and we also work for each other.

She said happily telling her what she wanted to know, though keeping anything out that she felt the need to. She didn’t even mention the spirit guide, mostly because it was already depressing her that she didn’t have one yet.

<style>
.lili-d04 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.lili-d04 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.lili-d04 b {color:#132314; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.lili-d04 {background-color:#B9C8BA; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010june/liligift.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 140px 0px; border:1px solid #EBF5FD; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#444D44; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.lili-d04-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
</style>[/html]