The Antlered One
[html]

table © Alaine
ooc: aww Sep <3

Her reply surprised him slightly. She'd taken his hand against as she spoke, and the warm of the palm was every bit as reassuring as her words. She believed in him. It was a strange concept - They'd only known each other a day! But Caillen couldn't verbalize how much the words meant to him. He'd never really had anyone believe in him before - They were always too busy trying to protect him, or trying to shelter him from the world beyond his own usually naive and merry mindset. But now Caillen knew the world, and knew that it was cruel to those who ventured out unprepared.

He felt Sepirah lick his cheek, and immediately blushed, trying hard to stop the goofy smile that wanted to spread about his maw. Now was not the time for big, silly smiles, just because she had given him a little friendly lick. Still, the youth felt some sort of resilience spread through him. If Sepirah thought he could make it through this, then surely he could. She didn't seem to be somebody who made wild guesses like that.

To his final question, she nodded against his shoulder, and Caillen felt that strange tingly warmth flow through him again. This can be our special meeting place. A smile tugged at his lips, and the boy let it grow slightly, shutting his blue eyes to hold the words more firmly within his mind. A special meeting place - A haven for him, perhaps. Someplace to go when the world outside got too cruel.

Speaking of cruel world, Sepirah's next words made his eyes open again, and a heavy weight like shackles fell about his heart. She was right - The world beyond the den, although sparkling and dripping with little crystals of water, was no longer filled with the sounds of the storm. The rain had stopped, and it was time for him to continue on his way. For a moment, the youth thought about staying here, with here - A stronger man might well have given in to temptation. But Caillen knew that he would never be truly happy again, not without sorting out the mess his life had become. He rose slowly, easing out from behind Sepirah, and then offered her a big hand to help her to her feet. "Yeah... I suppose so." His accented voice was saddened, and his fluffy tail drooped dejectedly. "I don't... I don't have anything tae give ye, Sepirah, but... You can take the stag I hunted, if you want. Take it back to your family - there is a lot of meat on it. I have no use fer it where I'm going." He hoped that she would take his offer, although he knew that the meat was not really as much of a gift as he would have liked to have given. Stooping to pick up his antlers, Caillen waited for her reply.

Speak think walk

[/html]
[html]

table © Alaine
ooc: Caillen <3 WC: 319 {3 points}

Sepirah couldn’t believe that one of the happiest moments in her life was going to end. She had never felt the comfort of a male before and loved how it felt, even if it was going against the species of her pack. She felt the male help her up and she moved back outside of the den. She knew that he would have to leave now and she would have to head back home. There was not much for her to do back there but go back home and pass out on the cave floor. Sure her grandmother would be there, but it wasn’t the same. The dark princess looked over him once more as her ears remained down. She couldn’t hide the disappointment that he was leaving, but she wasn’t going to hold him back from doing something he felt he needed to do. The jackal looked the male in the eyes and figured he would be on his way and she would just head back home.

Sepirah paused when the male spoke of a gift. There was no need for him to give her anything and she was taken back when he offered his meal. The dark princess shook her head. ”No Caillen, that is your kill and for you to keep. It would be like stealing a meal.” The jackal thought for a moment and then thought of something. ”I have an idea Caillen. What if we met up again here sometime and we take the day to go find something for each other? It would be nice.” She lowered her head to the ground, not even sure of what she was saying. She didn’t know where this was leading but it felt like this was something she needed to say. A smile crossed her face as she ventured for a hug before wandering off back home. This was something she would never forget.

Speak think walk

[/html]
[html]

table © Alaine
ooc: fini!

She politely refused his offer, and Caillen felt all the worse for it. He hung his head, though still remained quite a bit taller than the slender female jackal. "I wish I had more tae offer ye..." He muttered morosely. He'd wanted to give Sepirah something to remember him by, a token of their new friendship at least. However, at her suggestion the youth perked up slightly, offering her a hesitant smile. He liked the thought of coming back here, and spending more time relaxing with her - Maybe, after the confrontation he was expecting, he might even need the solace and good company to sooth some mental wounds.

"Yeah... That would be real good, Miss. I'd mighty enjoy that." She looked slightly abashed by the offer, but the slate wolfdog smiled at her broadly, showing his voice to be honest in it's opinion. At this anxious moment of his life, the thought of a day spent with her was something to look forward to.

Caught off-guard by her hug, the boy's sky-blue eyes widened slightly, and he hesitantly returned her embrace. She was small and slender in his muscular arms. The hug ended quickly, and with a final smile, Sepirah turned and melted back into the shadows of the trees. Caillen remained watching her until she'd totally disappeared, a smile still lingering on his maw. Then, with a heavy sigh, the young male straightened his shoulders and gathered his things. It was time to go home.

Speak think walk

[/html]