funeral, swords & souls
[html]<style type="text/css">
.kansastemplate strong {font:9pt Georgia; font-weight:bold; line-height:1.0em; letter-spacing:-1px;}
.lyrics {font:9pt Georgia; line-height:1.0em; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:-1px; text-transform:lowercase;}
</style>
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/324/ ... atedu5.png) #260a19 top no-repeat;">
[ooc] i can't be stopped, i've got to take that fool's life
Stellarton Mines. Posts can be shorter than this, I just got carried away XD. 300+

[ic] i'm outta bullets so fuck it, i use my knife

He was such a homebody. Kansas had spent the last month exclusively within Crimson Dreams borders, and he wasn't the slightest bit stir-crazy. He had not one exploratory bone in his body. However, today something dragged him beyond the borders of his home. As he trotted through forests and fields, the snowy brute paid extra attention to his surroundings, barely aware of the direction he was going, intent on his search. What he craved was not to break away from his comfortable life in Crimson Dreams, but a new scene in which to practice his music, to gain inspiration and perhaps even compose something of his own. His guitar hung from his back by a strap he had scavenged and fashioned into a sling, bouncing against his flesh as his pace quickened with anticipation. He had just set the instrument down that morning, and already he was itching to play it again.

The guitar had easily become an obsession. Kansas loved music so deeply, and that he was able to create it himself was one of the best realizations he had ever come to. The guitar was a welcome addition to his long list of things to look forward to — just when he thought his life couldn't possibly improve any more.

At the very least, the guitar had gotten him moving today. Ordinarily he would be on his ass at this point in the day. Instead, he was out in unknown, unclaimed territory, wandering with eyes that feverishly searched high and low for the perfect spot. He turned into a small valley nestled inconspicuously between towering mountains, and it was there that he found what he was looking for (and, as he soon learned, much more). A strange break in nature was tucked in the midst of the valley. It was a stone doorway that lead deep into the very base of the mountain. Kansas rested a hand on the stone archway and stared within, baffled by the strange tunnel that seemed so out of place here. It ended in blackness beyond which he could not see.

That foreboding darkness might have turned a sensible wolf away, but something drew Kansas farther in. He stepped into the crumbling stone tunnel, blinking as the mountain swallowed him. Several feet in, he noticed something congruently strange, but separately marvelous: the echo of his footsteps. His dark lips formed a smile. Here, the light was dim, but he could still see the guitar strings perfectly. The human made cave was cozy, warmer than the frigid valley still visible through the entrance. Kansas unwound himself from his guitar strap, grinning with abandon, and sat down upon the cold stone floor. He stretched his fingers, cracked a few knuckles, and sighed. Then, he strummed the guitar, awed by its beautiful amplified sound, a sound that engulfed him as never before.

[/html]
[html]
Smile

Voron jogged at a steady pace, not really in a hurry to get anywhere. She was enjoying the easy flexing of her thigh muscles, and the feeling of freedom that came whenever she ran. She knew that she could easily get enough exercise in pack terratory, but she missed the fun of exploring, of never knowing what's around the next corner. She was in her Optime form, something she rarely did without reason, but she was in a good mood today, and felt like seeing the world from a somewhat taller perspective. Her rat, Moon, was perched on her shoulder and easily kept hold on the wolf's thick black pelt.

Voron slowed to a walk, panting slightly. She had seen a few wolves riding horses, and was curious what that was like. It seemed strange to her; to have a prey-beast underneath you, to be completely enveloped in it's heavy scent and feel it's warm body under your hands. It seemed strangely appealing, and she had a sudden absurd vision of herself perched upon a great dark horse's back with her hair flying in the winds. Maybe she would look into obtaining one of the beasts. It would certainly make traveling in two-legged form much easier.

The black wolf looked around her, realizing she was in a small valley. It seemed pleaant enough, if somewhat dominated by the mountain. Silently cursing herself for not thinking to bring food, she looked around for anything that might hint at prey. She saw nothing that was jumping around and begging to be devoured, and knew that it didn't matter anyways since she failed epically whenever she tried to hunt in Optime form.

An unexpected noise caught her attention suddenly... it sounded like music. Curious, Voron searched for the source. It seemed to be coming from a cave leading into the mountain. The entrance didn't look natural, so she wondered if someone lived there. Her brown eyes glanced around nervously, worried that she had intruded upon someone's terratory. She approached the cave quietly, tense and ready for what might await.

"Hello?" she asked as she peered into the darkness. She could make out a shape holding some sort of instrument seated on the floor.

[/html] 
.kansastemplate strong {font:9pt Georgia; font-weight:bold; line-height:1.0em; letter-spacing:-1px;}
.lyrics {font:9pt Georgia; line-height:1.0em; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:-1px; text-transform:lowercase;}
</style>
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/324/ ... atedu5.png) #260a19 top no-repeat;">

Playing the guitar was not without its frustrations. He often could not find the right chord to follow the one just strummed, which resulted in constant repetition that took up a lot of time. Usually his personal jam sessions lasted for hours, as the Sadira man was not easily satisfied with himself, his playing. Only when he had mastered what he had planned to in one sitting did he set the instrument down and allow himself to do something else.

He sat there in the dark for many moments tuning and strumming intermittently until the guitar sounded just right. Then, the boy began the difficult task of piecing together one of his favorite songs. It had been many months since his CD player had broken. Luckily he had listened to this particular song many times before that tragic event, making it possible for him to recreate fragments of the remembered guitar tune. Once those sections were committed to his memory, he would try to put them in order and make the song whole again, for himself and anyone else who might someday listen to his playing.

He thought he heard an echoed voice mingled within the enhanced sounds of his instrument. His ears lifted and his fingers paused, and he peered towards the entrance. The silhouette of a female werewolf stood out before the light of the outside world. Kansas was startled by her presence, wondering at the odds of her stumbling upon him here. "Hey, over here," he called, waving his pale hand so that she might find him more easily.

[/html]
[html]

Padding into the cave, Voron was mildly wary. She could only smell one wolf, but had heard stories of wolves that had ravaged the land; raping and killing at will. She figured she could probably take on one wolf if she had to, though she would much rather flee than fight. Violence had never been her forté; she was a healer at heart.

Approaching the shape on the cold stone floor, she became focused on his guitar. She had never played one, but her old pack sometimes had music at gatherings. She had sung for them... granted, she had been the only female pup of that season, but it had always made her feel so appreciated to have the whole pack hanging onto her voice as it weaved between the notes that odler wolves skillfully coaxed from their instruments. She didn't really know if she was that good or not; they might have just been humoring her. But she had loved singing. Her father was very supporting, finding a variety of songbooks and having the musician help her learn the different tunes. She missed those times; she was in a pack now, but it wasn't the same as having blood family all around you.

The ivory wolf sitting before her was supprisingly attractive. She loved the soft colour of his coat.

"Hi... Am I intruding?" she asked a bit nervously, unsure if he had come here searching for solitude. Against the darkness of the cave, Voron's shape appeared as nothing more than a dark shadow. She stood six feet tall, but had relativly small bones (though her thick pelt gave her a rather fluffy appearence). She had never been in a cave like this before, and was amazed and glad to have found it. The darkness and mystery of it fascinated her.

[/html] 
</style>
short. x(

A wave of anxiety broke over Kansas as he watched the dark figure draw closer. He was cornered here, with no means of escape should the stranger's intentions prove to be malicious. Behind him the tunnel continued in endless darkness, trapping him before her. There existed in the world wolves who sought confrontation and blood; he was as aware of that as the next wolf. Recalling his most recent encounter with a strange dark-furred fey, his grip on the guitar neck tightened and his ears lowered as moderate fear took hold of him.

Only when she was close enough for him to see her eyes did he relax. The pools of gray were soft, void of the bloodthirst that was often immediately recognizable. Her generous greeting put him even more at ease, his tense muscles loosening beneath his snowy fur. Kansas shook his head in response to her question. "Nah," he said, "Not at all." He had fully expected to spend a few hours practicing alone, though he wasn't disappointed that his solitude had been interrupted. Regardless of the woman's presence, he would continue to practice to his hearts content. She could take her leave whenever she tired of the repetitive sounds of his less-then-expert playing. "I... I just came here to play... the walls amplify the sound so well," the Sadira boy explained, demonstrating by strumming a soft pretty note that echoed throughout the tunnel. Shrugging, he flashed a humble grin. "I'm Kansas."

[/html]
[html]
Sorry for the late reply! The holidays were crazy. Sad

Voron relaxed as the pale wolf introduced himself. He did not seem like a threat at all, and seemed to not be angry at her presence. The moment was strangely peaceful; the darkness of the cave was soft and welcoming, not frightening, and it was almost completely silent except for the beautiful sound of the other's music. It was a place where she could relax and forget for a while all the troubles of the outside world.
"I'm Voron," she said, crouching down beside Kansas. She peered throught the darkness to look at his guitar.

"Where did you learn to play?" she asked. The raven coloured female wasn't sure if she should leave or not; she didn't want to disturb him, but longed to stay and listen to his music echo in the dark cave. "I was never any good at playing anything, but I used to sing sometimes... My - my father encouraged it..." Voron trailed off, unsure what to say. She never really talked about her past much if she could help it. Even the good memories were bittersweet.

[/html] 
</style>
sorry about the horrendous wait!

Kansas initially thought that the strange cavern was eerie and entrapping, a place where danger could easily be found. Gradually he was becoming more comfortable, put at ease by the soft light falling in from the snowy world outside and by the gentle silence that cushioned them all around. He began to doubt that anyone sinister would seek the mine as a stage for causing trouble, as its entrance was secluded. He had simply been curious enough to come inside, and perhaps that was why the raven woman had wandered here too — curiosity.

He shifted slightly so that more light fell on the dull wood of the guitar, and the slightly improved illumination made the strings glint silver. Though she had come closer to get a better look, her words seemed hesitant. He wondered if she didn't really want to be here, though he couldn't come up with a way to tell her that she didn't have to. She could leave without hurting his feelings, though he liked her well enough to enjoy her company for a little while. I'm eh, teaching myself. It's fun.

Kansas had met one other wolf with musical tendencies, Jazper, though he wasn't sure what instrument the coal-furred wolf preferred. Kansas had never heard anyone sing other than his mother, who had used her soft melodious voice to lull him and his siblings to sleep. Voron reminded him that he had wanted to hear music made by the voice again. Can you... can you sing something? he requested tentatively, looking down at his hands.

[/html]