Settling in
[html]

Sorry this is so late! My computer crashed while I was writing it, and I couldn't get it working again until now.

"Uh... Why don't we stack them up first?" he said, looking down the line of the soon-to-be wall. "That worked fine last time, so it should work fine again." He finished placing a solid chunk of the wall and made sure it was steady, then started to head back for more. Before he left he called up to him, "Okay, could you tie those together? I can start on the next section now, so that the work will go faster." Grabbing another clump of branches, he continued to put them up against the wall, making sure as he put each branch in place that it would stand sturdily on its own so that if needed, he could go back for more wood if he finished putting them in place before Claudius tied them together.

<style type="text/css">
.nian-b02 b {font-weight:bold; color:#bd581b; letter-spacing:1px; }
.nian-b02 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.nian-b02 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.nian-b02 {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#dbae77; background-image:url(http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g37 ... blebg1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 300px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#772d06; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Don't worry about it!! <3 I added on an ending in the last paragraph to wrap this up. (321)

“Okay,” Claudius replied readily. He was glad Nian knew what he was doing and was willing to give such clear instructions. It really helped when your partner really knew what they were doing! Claudius was especially glad that Nian was the one making the decisions and Claudius was the one helping. Since he had never built a hut before, this was all new to him and very exciting for a craftsman. He hoped to become more adept at hut-building and perhaps one day make an add-on to his den with some sort of hut to use for smoking meats. He had heard smoked meats tasted quite good and he was interested in trying it.

He took the remaining twine in his hands and began to tie some of the wall together, as instructed. He was able to tie them together quickly now that he had gotten used to the process. He pulled each knot tight and then continued onto the next bits, sliding the branches closer together and using the natural crags in the wood to hook his twine on to. Once he was finished tying them together, he took a step back to evaluate his work. He noticed Nian had gathered a bunch of other branches so he brought his now-connected ‘wall’ of branches to rest beside Nian’s gathering and continued the process once more.

Soon, the hut was complete. Claudius was surprised how quickly it went. He never would have thought he would find building a hut would be so fun, but he supposed it helped that Nian was slowly becoming a potential friend. And since he enjoyed working with Nian, time flew past. Claudius hoped that Nian would come call on him in the summer to fix up the hut, since he suspected this was only a temporary solution. Until then, this was a great learning experience and he hoped to do more of this in the future.

<style type="text/css">
.claudius01 {width:480px;margin:0 auto;background:#000 url(http://tammi.sleepyglow.net/souls/image ... Table1.jpg) no-repeat top; border:1px solid;}
.claudius01 .in {padding:310px 10px 10px 10px; font-family:arial;font-size:1em;color:#c0c0c0;}
.claudius01 p {margin:0;padding:0;text-indent:30px}
.claudius01 .ooc {font-size:0.95em;font-style:italic;color:#b4b4b4}
.claudius01 .line { border-bottom:1px dotted #191714; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
.claudius01 b {color:#3fb0c8;font-family:georgia}
.claudius01 a {color:#686763}
.claudius01 a:hover {color:#7F5F48;text-decoration:underline}</style>[/html]