I caught them barking at the moon
SSWM:1089

Her legs shook as she moved closer and closer to the lands, she had been here before, and she knew that lands, she knew every part of these lands. However something in her told her that it was not the brightest of her ideas to come here. It told her that Jefferson would run her out in a heartbeat if he even caught the smallest amount of her scent. She knew that was a risk going around those lands, but something told her that she had to see them again. She had left so much be hide when she knew that she had to go and be with her sister. The female from the newest pack looked around as she stood upon the border lines of the pack lands that she once called home, the lands where she learned a lot about her-self, learned about love and about trust. She wasn’t sure who was still here and who was gone since the last time her paws walked in these lands. Blue eyes looked around as she gave a darting look at everything that she could see within the pack lands. She couldn’t help it, she knew this was beyond stupid, so foolishly stupid but she wanted to, no, not wanted, more like had to go back to that cabin she shared with him. Just one last visit just one last time to say good bye to a time when thing where simple.

Lowering her head and closing her eyes as she took that step over the border lines as she moved past that invisible wall that had both leaders scent marked on that wall. She opened her eyes looking around at the old lands, it was odd and yet warming to be back in these lands. She sighed as she shifted her feet around under her as she knew where she wanted to go first, and that was where she was going to go. With a moist haze going over her eyes as she moved though the lands as she took off to the old cabin that she shared with Ty. Things where strange between the two of them now and as much as she wanted to wipe the slate clean and start all over again…she wasn’t sure if he wanted that now. Heck she did not even know if he wanted her around, she was not sure how he would react to her being around the cabin they used to share, if the golden male even still lived there now. Pontiac hopped not; it would make it easier for her to get her left belonging and leave.

Following the trail that Ty had showed her the first time he took her to the house the female she dipped down under some of the branches as she allowed her finger to brush over the fallen log taking in the feeling from it, like by touching it she was touching something from her past and would be able to mend what was wrong between the two estranged lovers. The mist finally made a tear as she looked up from the path that was under her feet what she saw standing in front of her was not something she was ready to see as much as she knew it would be there. The female stood there just looking at the cabin like it was going to jump, move or do something worth watching, she told her-self just get her stuff and be gone before anyone caught her up here. Walking into the door she stood there shaking as she looked around as she made her way to the kitchen, she wanted her cooking things, well not all of them. Just her knifes and her big stone pot. The furs that lined the floor in the extra room she didn’t want her bedding that she had found in some of the older houses in the village she didn’t want. She would leave them for him or she would leave them for the next warm body that took over this cabin. If someone ever took it up because it really was hidden quite well within the pack lands.

Putting down the heavy pot with her knifes she stopped at Ty’s bed as she leaned against the door of the room as she wrapped her arms around herself as she lowered her head. She couldn’t help it. She walked into his room as she sat down upon the bed as her fingers ran over his pillow and then down the covers. She wanted so badly to go back to how things where before them both took off and they both went their own way. Why did the fates seem to have it out for her? Standing up she walked over to her old bed, that she had placed a nail over top of the bed within arm’s reach. Sitting down on the bed she looked out the window that was on the right side of her bed, it was a wonderful out looking to the small yard where she had hoped that one day she could have had pups running and playing while she was cooking the kill that Ty had brought home. She wanted to be the little house wife, but it was just a dream. With a heavy sigh she stood up as she walked back over to the heavy stone pot picking it up with an “opfhh” she lifted the pot over her shoulder lugging it out of the front door, walking down the steps as she placed the pot upon the ground as she walked back to the door as she shut the door, hearing it click be hide her she gave a deep painful heart breaking sigh, knowing that really unless her sister came back to these lands she would never live here anymore, even if her and Ty got back together again. She knew her place was with her sister.

Picking on the pot she moved down the path slowly as she found a place to put the pot down, she placed her hands on the lips of the pot as she panted, tongue rolled out of her mouth. The pot was heavy. She knocked her hat off her head whipping her head as she stood there panting as she started to push the pot hoping to get it over the border lines before any one seen her, and then she would worry about covering up the markings that she left on the ground from her trek .
[html]

wc 1,064 10+

The sky was peeking through with patches of blue in the grey clouds. The grim skyline for once seemed to be letting up, if only to just give hopedashing glimpses of the blue it hid. It reminded the mind of warmer times with grass, flowers and singing birds. When prey was plentiful and finding creatures bathing in the sun, enjoying the heat and the seasons of prosperity and joy. Winter seemed to suck the very life out of the terrain. No happiness, no wamrth. Just ice and cold, grey skies and dim horizons that never seemed to lighten up, even when the soul would beg for relief. It was hard to imagine that even through the winter’s harsh days and unforgiving nights. The winter in the Valley had seemed to be endlessly better than those the Djose female had experienced in the past. Not being alone, not mourning the losses of family and friends. The struggle to survive wasn’t the first thing on her brain each day when she woke up, and still there when she went to sleep. It was almost a dream to imagine that that lifestyle was behind her after nearly two years of dealing with it. How things could change when things once seemed to be set in stone. It just goes to show that even stone can be broken by chance.

The dappled female was laying in the snow, Optime back facing the snow with thick wintercoat nearly burried in the powder she seemed to be bathing in. The girl really didn’t like the snow, but this spot int he field was such a beautiful place to lay and watch the clouds when they seporated to show signs of blue. It reminded her of when she was a pup, laying with her mother and whispering what each hole looked like. That day in that winter so long ago was just a memory. Bringing it back and laying here made her feel like she was at her side again. Though Tala had found a pack, she still felt incredibly alone. The illusion of the charcoal female that had once told her stories was so close she could swear she could reach right over there and touch her. Feel the familiar fur and smell the scent of raspberries and mint. Er mtoher had loved those two things. Tala reached to her left without thought, hand grasping the snow before she frowned. She should be here with her.... her mother had not deserved to die. Heartbroken and homeless, it had been such a poor end. If Tala could go back and make her laugh just one more time before she had passed, maybe she would not have felt so guilty. Even though she had been a pup, that feeling of regret was always there in the back of her mind when she stared deep into the memory of lavender eyes.

The woman sat up and forced her eyes away from the clouds. She knew better than to let her mind get to far into the past. When she looks to far back, she remembers things she does not want to. Feelings of being alone are resurfaced. How alone she felt, even with a pack. She had no family. Nobody to fall back on, to be held in the arms of on those worst of days. She had found herself a pack, but she had built nothing for herself. After two months, what did she have to show for it?

Tala’s eyes shut tightly as she brought a hand to her face and ran it through the short fur, trying to wipe her mind free of such thoughts. Where was the happy girl she had been raised to be. Dwelling on the past was not something she had been raised to do. It only brought about negative things. A negative life was not what her mother had been searching for, not what her father had died for. She couldn’t let herself disapoint them, even if it was just their memories she was trying to impress. A hand pressed down into the snow as she pushed herself to her feet, snow fell from her fur and the amber eyes that always seemed so bright, so chipper on the petite beauty were...momentarily broken. The shell had holes. The name Djose had nobody left but her, and if she did not give it life, then who could she call herself? Certainly not the name she so desperatly wanted to keep alive. It was all she had left of her family that was not just a memory.

It was real, and so she had to be real too. But what was real? Tala wasn’t even sure sometimes.

The feet below her began to move, her subconcious trying so hard to remove her from the situation. If she moved the thoughts would subside. Everything would be alright, just as long as the clouds filled in, and the mind locked the vault. The eyes watched the feet, hands occasionally outstretching to move branches as she entered the wooded part of the territory. As the trees got thicker the more the amber orbs seemd to realize what was going on. Reality did not take a break. The mind only ignored it. Tala let out a somewhat disapointed grunt as she let her body press against the base of a tree. Her eyes shut, her mind was trying to be cleared. It wasn;t working very well.

The ears of the female perked as she heard a subtle dragging noise. What was that? It was unfamiliar, the object in question could not be identified just by the noise it made alone. She found herself moving again, this time it was towards the noise. It took her a few moments, but she came across a strange woman wearing a hat, it was not a person she had met before. The eyes blinked and her head cocked, who was this, and what was she doing fighting with that stone pot? “Excuse me,Do you need some help?” her voice was soft and a small smile spread across her face, it was weak, her mind not completely over the trip down memory lane. “My name is Tala Djose. Pleasure to meet you.” She might as well introduce her to this unknown pack member. What was she doing lugging a pot like that over the borders anyway?
+

<style>
.tala-d04 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.tala-d04 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.tala-d04 b {color:#FCDBEA; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.tala-d04 {background-color:#AE909D; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/tala.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3C2C33; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:270px 0px 10px 0px; }
.tala-d04-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

sswm:707

White socked legs stood in the snow with the stone pot that she had used to make more than one meal for Ty when they did live together. It killed her that they where no longer a couple. She looked in the area of where the house was that they lived together in, with a sad mist in her eyes. Her mind flashed back to a time when she and the golden male lived there, as roommates that was when her feeling for the male had come to be and he was ever so kind, and ever so sweet to her. It was hard for her not to let her heart fall out to him. Fingers moved over the stone pot, as another flash back started in her mind. The day she taught him how to cook, aw the memories. That day he took off early and went hunting. The tan and white female was a member of these lands then, she got up early and she found some fresh vegetable that morning, she cleaned them, she peeled them. Then when he came home she went to work right away skinning, and draining the blood for the broth. She had made him a stew with the deer meat that he had brought back home for the two roommates at the time to share. She sighed as she moved her hand to the inside of the pot. Shaking her head and whipping away the lone tear that slowly made its way down her muzzle with a sniff. She knew she needed to suck it up and move on, he would find someone that could better love him. She would try to understand when really she knew she never could.

The snow blew with the wind as it piled around the huge stone pot that the female sort of stole, sort of took back from the male’s cabin. She felt a rush of wind, as it blew though her coat she shivered wrapping her arms around her-self as she rubbed her bear arms. A soft voice spoke to her, Pontiac gasped from the shock of being spooked out of her mind. Not only was she trespassing but to the blind eye she was also taking something from the pack. The tan and white female was well aware this was not looking good, not good at all. ”Oh..uhm..” She looked around as she tried to find someone or something that could vouch for who she was, and maybe help her out of this pickle. ”This looks really bad don’t it?” She offered a meek smile as she rubbed a finger over the lip of the pot.”I guess if you want you could help me take my pot here back to my pack.” Pontiac stepped to the side as she made a presented the huge grey stone pot that she had drugged from the cabin that she and Ty had shared. ”I use to live here. Well not here, here. But in a cabin with Ty! He’s still sort of new again. I kind of left my pot in the house that we lived in together. I swear I’m not stealing. Well okay I’m stealing. But I’m stealing what’s mine. I swear!?” She wasn’t sure what else she could say to let the Phoenix Valley pack female to see that she was not taking something that belonged to someone in the pack.

”Oh!” She rolled up onto her toes as she brought her hands together with a clap in front of her chest with a smile. ”I’m Pontiac D’Angelo!” She smiled as she let her hands drop down as she rolled off the tips of her toes. Now standing flat footed upon the snowy grounds. ” Zepar in the Anathema pack! Nice to meet you Tala Djose! How’s grumpy old Jefferson doing? Still being a grump?” She gave a chuckle as she shifted to lean against the stone pot again. She looked down into the pot seeing the few knifes that she took from the kitchen they shared then smiling back up to the female. Everything here was like a walk in memory park, however she was sure this looked just wrong to this female that said her name was Tala.

<style>
.pontiac-q30 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.pontiac-q30 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.pontiac-q30 b {color:#141D11; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.pontiac-q30 {background-color:#A1AD9C; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/_pontiac.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#394235; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:240px 0px 10px 0px; }
.pontiac-q30-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

wc679

Well, this was quite the peculiar sight now wasn't it. This was a woman she had never met before, dragging such a heavy stone pot out of the packlands whic had been apparently stolen, yet not stolen, from a home of the man named Ty. Tala wasn't exactly sure what to say, the whole siutation sort of baffled the young woman. The moment she thought she knew the words to say her mind stopped, pulling a loop and stopping to think. wait, what? To tell the truth the woman didn't look like she was out to start trouble. The woman who called herself Pontiac even seemed a bit troubled by the whole situation. This was alla bit weird, in the amber eyes of the fae. She shifted the weight on her legs as she watched the woman, mouth parted slightly as if the woreds were being debated on her tongue. "This is all..a bit odd. I cannot like about it and say I was prepared for this. You say the pot is yours, but you left it here? Aren't abandoned items just that, abandoned and no longer belonging to anyone?" Her words were a bit confused, the look radiated from her eyes. Though her tone was still kind. She was not going to snap at the woman for this. She wasn;t sure what to snap at. Clearing her throat slightly Tala watched the woman, her gaze occasionally looking down to the pot. The wind carried the scent of Phoenix Valley long lost, the mountain pack much more evident in the scent. So, if she was from Anathema, she knew just where to point if this was the wrong choice.

"Okay miss Pontiac, this is what I'm going to do. You seem to be telling the truth with what you are telling me. Your eyes don't show lies. I'll let you take your pot out of these lands." The woman seemed genuine enough, but that was not the end of her words."If I however hear that someone is missin a pot, I will surely let them know just who took it. That's fair, and surely you'll understand where I stand. I don't doubt that it may be yours, but I cannot just let people take things without knowing just who, and why." She smiled, trying not to seem to rude but her eyes showed a slight stern hue. If someone was upset over a lost pot, she had the name and the pack. Surely she'd get scolded for falling for the story if she was lying. Tala did not believe she was trying to fool her however.

The mention of Jefferson had her smiling, a nod to the question was all she gave as she let a small laugh escape her chest. Yes, the grump was still grumpy. That would never change it seemed. It gave the man character, so why should it need to change? Though Tala did not know Ty personally, she had heard of his return. There were a few new members Tala had not yet encountered. Time would fix such things. Even though Tala did not know for sure whether Pontiac was telling the truth, her gut told her she was. Someone who was stealing out of cold blood would not have that look of lost sorrow in their eyes. If she was returning to collect lost items, Tala believed it. A stone pot as heavy as that was not exactly easy to take. Not something a thief would chose to try and make their way with. It was not worth the effort it would take to retrieve it if it was not important to the person taking it. Why a pot, though? Was it surely that important? Tala was not attached to any inanimate objects, she had not yet collected anything of value here and she had taken nothing from her time was a wanderer. It must be important to her, Tala could safely assume that. Stone was not light, and the dragging marks in the snow and dirt showed just that.

<style>
.tala-d04 {background-color:#AE909D; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/tala.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3C2C33; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:270px 0px 10px 0px; }
</style>[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... ctable.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
SSWM:737

The tan and white Anathema Zepar knew that this did not look good, not good at all she looked like a common thief. A common thief stealing a rather big stone cooking pot with a few knifes in it. She still did not have a clue how the female would take to it, even after proving that she did know thing about these packs that not just any one would…well okay so just about anyone would know that Jefferson was a grump, and just about anyone can meet a member of this pack and say that they lived here with them at one point or another. She kicked her foot in the snow as the grey dappled female spoke as she then twisted her foot around in the snow making a wonderful icky snow, grass, and mud mix. She looked up at the female as she laughed with a nod, this Tala was not joking what so ever this did not look good. But the female had a point. Pontiac lowered her voice, as she nodded she had a great point”Yeahhhh…” She did not want to leave her cooking pot behide when it looked like it had not been used. ”But..but it not being used, in a cabin that not being used. So I know I’m trespassing…buhhhht I really really loved my pot..” She hung her head down in shame as she twisted the front of her pads in the mess that she was making under her.

While the Valley female cleared her voice, Pontiac’s face became guiltier and guiltier the longer they went without words the longer her face grew with guilt plastered all over it, she knew that the right thing would be to offer to put the pot back, but she did not want to, she wanted at least this one thing that she could always have in memory of her and Ty. Surely she would understand, if Pontiac told her everything, but there were some things that were in her heart that she felt was best left for her and Ty. She jumped forward on her toes as she picked her head up with a squeal her hands clapped in front of her chest, as she bounced up and down on her feet. ”Really? She squealed again as she jumped forward to hug the Valley member, stopping half way as she put her hand up in the air. As the tan and white female giggled with embarrassment echoing in her giggle. ”Whoops …sorry!” Pontiac took her own hands as she brought them down in front of her waist. She nodded over and over, as she repeated her own words over and over again ”Yes, yes, yes!” If this was the worst that she was going to get from this pack member of the Valley then she could deal with it. She was just glad she did not have to give up her beloved pot.

Shifting her weight and trying to control her excitement the female leaned against her pot, the whole matter that she was here for. A laugh and a smile slipped though Pontiac’s mouth.”It’s good to see that even though the war is over that he has not changed any. I loved him though!” She smiled as she looked up as she did not think twice about what she had just said, then her own words repeated in her mind as she gasped. ”Oh! Not like that! Sorta like a big brother, but I loved him as a leader he is, well was for me a great leader!” She sighed as her finger traced over the pot’s lips. ”I love this pot…well…not sure it’s the pot or the man that I last used it for...But oh well neither here nor there.” She shrugged her shoulders as she looked back down to Tala. ”Let’s see. Pripyat, how’s he doing? Gaining and growing well still? I bet he’s just the cutest little pup ever!” The Anathema had been gone longer then what she was aware of, the last time she knew of seeing Jefferson’s son he was just a little thing that just started to get brave enough to leave his mother’s side. ”Oh and Adonia? Is she still here? I miss talking to her. We use to have so much fun!” Ahh the memories of these lands where a lot for her, but she was better off where she was now, with her sisters.

[/html]
[html]

wc 644

It's not that Tala wanted to be rude, but being serious when she had to be was important, especially with the rank she had as well as the job she had to do with such rank. If she did not do her job when she had to, how could she call herself a pack member? If she just let wolves from other packs, even loners just do as they pleased, what kind of member would she be? She'd hardly be a member at all, and she;d definitely hear about it from more than one mouth. She was not a pup, this was not a game. Tala had to keep the interest and safety of the pack and their belongings in mind at all times when there were strangers on the land, or even at the borders. This woman spoke of being in the pack but Tala had no way of knowing if it was truth or lies unless she had a second opinion, someone who knew the pack longer than she did. She was going by gut feeling here, and sometimes that was the wrong idea. "Even if it was in a cabin unused, being unused. It still belongs to our pack. So that logic really gets you nowhere. Miss Pontiac."

The woman was pleased, that was easy to see as she heard the news that Tala would let her take the pot. Even as bad as this looked, she believed the girl was not fibbing. On her head, Tala hoped she was right. If it got out she had let her take it when it was an actual theft, she'd have her head on the blade for it. Her gut however told her that this was not a petty robbery. In order to just want to steal something as large and heavy as that.... it seemed to be far more work than it's value.

As Pontiac showed her enjoyment in a physical manor, Tala blinked, she was going to hug her? Well, that was unexpected. She stopped however and Tala laughed. Well, she was quite happy about it. That made Tala smile both inside and out. If the woman showed such joy that she could almost not contain it, the fae knew this was so much more than just a pot. It meant something to her, and she had said that. She had cooked for a man, Ty. She could only imagine the sorrow that must fuel the want for that pot back, if she went through all this trouble. "It's alright, and guessing by the way you reacted, I can trust you in thinking that you are not just a theif." She was releaved, having to deal with an actual thief would have been troublesome on many levels, for both parties.

Tala let her body rest against the trunk of an old tree, branches bare by winter and snow blanketing as much of it as it could grasp. Her body seemed to relax, her eyes softened and a smile spread to her lips. She was no longer intent on figuring out what was going on, but enjoying the conversation. "Well, Jefferson is quite the character, I believe everyone has a love for him in an odd.... respectable way." Her throat shook out laughter as she let her hands rest on her hips. "I can see you do, and another reason I'm letting you take it." She nodded to the older woman, as if reassuring her she could take the heavy stone craft with her yet again. "You say you lived here? How long ago was that? Pripyat is far from a pup, he is running with the big boys now. You must have been gone for some time. Why get the pot now of all times?" She was not interrogating her, just curious. Her smile showed it, as did her tone.

<style>
</style>[/html]