Trying to confort you
[html]

OOC: Back to Souls. I wanted to take part in this part of the story too! hope that you don't mind! X3

In the forest there was only peace and silence. A form emmerged from a small lodge formed by some random fallen trees, creating a small shelter protected from the cold. Sankara stretched before walking forward. It had been ages since the last time that she was in Thornsbury, and that was killing her. She missed Orin. She was wondering what happened to her since their last --and first-- meeting. Orin still had her drawing, but Sankara didn't mind that. In fact, Orin seemed to like it.

Living as a wanderer for all that time was something that left a print on her, because these days she had been living in the forest. The cold was bearable to her now that she got used to it, and she was actually enjoying the feeling of snow under her paws. But she had been wandering by herself for a long time until now. She hadn't seen any other pack members. What would they think about it?

With no second thought, she sprinted towards Thornsbury, running as fast as she could on the soft snow blanket. It wasn't easy though, Sankara was a big female and her paws sank on the snow. But she did it to Thornsbury. Something doesn't fit this. Something happened here She thought. Sankara had the feeling that something bad had happened here. She tried to ignore this feeling, but failed. The fact that she didn't catch any familiar smell didn't help either. She started to walk towards Orin's bookstore, worried about this strange feeling and wanting to know if Orin was fine. Until she remembered that she couldn't recall which of these buildings was her bookstore. Damn it! i'm such an airhead! She scolded herself. But well, she would at least try to find it. She started to sniff the air, catching Orin's smell and following it to one of the buidings. She couldn't knock the door in her current form, so she tried to talk loud enough for Orin to hear...that is, if she was at home.

"Orin? are you there? No answer. "It's Sankara. I know, i've disappeared for too much time, but i'm back. Are you ok?" Perhaps Orin was out, and Sankara was just making a senseless effort, so she walked some meters away, and laid down in the snow. She hadn't drawn in a while, and she had a few ideas in mind. But first she wanted to know how Orin was doing; if she had a doubt in mind, she would try to solve it. So she stood up and turned around to face the bookstore, prepared to wait until she made sure that everything was ok and that she was just being paranoid.

[/html]
[html]

ooc...Not at all. Sorry I haven't gotten back to your PM yet. ^_^ Been swamped, I might be a little slow at this thread. <3 WC 707

Orin was sheltered away within the protective, safe walls of her bookstore. She had hardly gone anywhere else in the last week, but at least she had removed the shelves and chairs that she used to block herself in the store. No one had known she actually blocked herself in, except perhaps Sky or Bangle who may have heard the ruckus she made when she first did it, but had anyone actually discovered it they still probably could have forced their way into the bookstore. The only person who probably would do that was Shawchert, but he was her alpha, and had he shown up there and demanded that she open up, she would have.

But... he never showed up...

Not until a few days after the fight when he arrived to demand her presence at a nearby place, another building close to her store in Thornbury. That was the insufferable day when Shawchert bestowed the punishment on both her and Sky for their fight. The punishment that had been quite poorly weighed in Orin's mind. She had not wanted to come out before that, and she certainly did not want to be seen after that day. Shawchert had lashed her arm to Sky's and forced the women to work together. The task probably would not have been so hard had Orin not felt like it was so unfair. He was weighing her crime as heavily as he weighed Sky's, but it seemed like it should be plainly obvious to anyone that Sky had committed a far graver offense than she had.

On top of it all, Orin felt like crap lately. Not only had she spiraled down into a pit of depression that she did not understand, and that was so uncharacteristic of her, but her body felt like it had changed too. Her appetite was all wrong. She would be hungry right after she ate, and when she was ready to eat she would get nauseous. She was tired, lethargic, and was even having a hard time concentrating on her books. Sleep was difficult, though she did not know if that was because of her body, or because her brain just would not turn off.

Today she was secreted away up in the upper level of her bookstore, in the small office that she had converted into her bedroom. She had a formidable pile of pelts and blankets on the old cot that served as her bed and was nested up inside them. The shutters were half drawn and she pretended to read in the dim light, though she read the same page over and over because it was just not sinking in. She was just about to toss the book aside and try to nap when she heard the voice.

Her ears twitched, her back straightened, and she held her breath to listen. There it was again, a faint voice calling for her. Someone was at the door? But, it was unlocked... At least the downstairs level was. They could enter if they chose to. Maybe they didn't know.

Orin wondered who was downstairs as she stood up, keeping one of the blankets wrapped around her. The wrap was more for comfort than for warmth, for she did not feel cold at all. If anything, she felt like she was running a bit hot today.

The voice was familiar, she knew that she would place the face if only she could hear it clearer. She moved to her window and opened the shutters and leaned over the sill, peering into the Thornbury square. A dark, four-legged figure moved there, walking a few feet away from her door. She recognized the wolf immediately.

“Sankara, I'm up here!” She called down to her pack mate. “I'll be right there.”

With that, she disappeared back into her room and made short work of descending the stairs. She reached the front door and opened it, smiling weakly yet happily at her visitor. “Pjila'si!” She said, using the foreign word taught to her by her grizzly friend, Malachi. Sankara likely did not know what it meant unless she knew the rare Mi'kmaq language, but Orin was offering her friend to enter and make herself at home.

[/html]
[html]

OOC: I see. Take your time, i understand!

A voice came from one of the upper windows. It was Orin! Sankara almost barked of joy. Orin's chirpy voice rose her mood considerably. Sankara waited patiently as Orin told her that she would go downstairs soon. She felt relieved. Orin was ok, she must have been taking a nap on her store or something. That feeling must have been paranoia, or the concern for her first friend.

"Orin!" Sankara squealed at the sight of said woman. She said something that Sankara didn't understand, but she supposed that it was some kind of greeting. As Orin moved aside to let her in, she noticed something different. On the first place, the smell of skunk was gone, but the furniture was placed in a different way, as if somebody randomnly moved it of place. Then she turned towards Orin "I'm so happy to see you again! Sorry that i was gone for so long, I...it's taking me time to get used to company." She chuckled while she walked past the pink-haired woman. The company had always been something that Sankara enjoyed. But wandering for entire days alone was one of those old habits that she couldn't just shrug off out of the blue. Besides, the forest in Cercatori d' Arte was beautyful and very similar to her old home; not that she could remember it completely, but still, it gave her a vague sensation of familiarity.

But something else was different. Orin was different. Sankara could smell it..."Orin there's something diff...wait what's that?!" During a second Sankara saw a light marking on one of her shoulders as she walked by. It looked like a scratch, but as long as Sankara was able to see it, she noticed that it was long. It didn't look like it could have been made by accident. Somebody hurted Orin. But her question was, who could have dared to hurt a pack member? and not only a pack member...Orin didn't seemed as the kind of person that fights for no reason. The feeling came back, and she was sure that Orin could see it. Her eyes were as big as plates by now, and only a blind person would be able to ignore them.

"Orin, what happened?!...your back...it's...what happened!!?" Come on girl! do something!Sankara was freaking out. Of course, if somebody was injured (even if it was a small scratch) her protective side would appear. If she would have been on her optime form, she would have already hugged Orin, but by now all that she did was place a shaky paw on top of her hand. She tried to calm her voice to talk "Orin, what happened?". She waited for the woman to say something, trying to calm herself from her sudden outburst.

[/html]
[html]

OOC wc 502

The clouded woman's small smile held up as her friend Sankara loped through the door. Orin shut the door behind her and by the time she turned back around her shadowed companion noticed the markings on her shoulders. When her golden eyes met Sankara's she detected the concern there immediately, and suddenly the emotion whirled up inside her again an threatened to commandeer her body once more. Sankara was so genuinely concerned, and Orin wondered for a moment how it was that she was asking about what had happened, that the woman had not already heard it through the grape vine. She stood still for a moment, dumbfounded by Sankara's care.

But of course Sankara would not have heard the gossip. She was a naturally very feral Luperci who had adopted few of the ways of the hominid lifestyle, a complete contrast to Orin who spent all of her time in Optime and immersed herself into the human's stories, fiction and history, day in and day out. Orin respected Sankara's lifestyle, it was like another world to her. One she might explore some time.

Finally she found her voice when Sankara's caring paw came to lay lovingly and reassuringly on her own dainty white hand. Her eyes fell to the paw for a moment before looking back up to Sankara's eyes. For some reason she wanted to tell her friend about what happened. Not for the gossip factor or to be pitied or anything, but for the simple fact that she thought it might make her feel better.

“It was crazy,” she began, all reservations abandoned. “This girl... one of our own pack members... attacked me a few days ago. She was blinded by a jealous rage – I've never seen anything like it!” Her eyes went wide with the memory, images of Sky's enraged visage flashing before it. It was an amazing display of the Luperci's strengths, and of the power of love.

“I... I guess I did something wrong to start it, though. But Sankara, I had no idea. Shawchert and I made love,” for some reason saying it out loud felt funny. Was that the proper term for what they had done? Yes, it was. Despite the fact that they were not in love now, what they had done together was a very loving act, and only stemmed because of the friends' love. “But Sky is in love with him! I didn't know. I had no way of knowing! I've only met her once! So the next day she... well she went nuts on me. We had some words out in the square and when I turned my back to leave she shifted to Secui and jumped me. Shoved me down into the snow...”

What would Sankara think? Would she be ashamed of Orin for having done this, even though she purported to be innocent? Orin searched her friend's eyes for any reaction, any judgment, and bit her bottom lip, tentatively awaiting the woman's response.

<style>
.orin-y38 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.orin-y38 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.orin-y38 b {color:#FFEFE5; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.orin-y38 {background-color:#C8B0A1; background-image:url(http://www.solacerp.net/Orin/orintable_moonsie.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 225px 0px; border:1px solid #F3D5C2; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#584335; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:425px; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; -moz-border-radius:5px; -webkit-border-radius:5px; }
.orin-y38-border {width:427px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:5px; -moz-border-radius:5px; -webkit-border-radius:5x; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

There was a heavy atmosphere during the seconds in which Orin kept silence before she started talking. Sankara listened as the white female explained herself. Sankara's theory was confirmed. Another pack member attacked Orin. And the same question returned to Sankara's mind. Who would attack such a gentle and caring woman (as long as Sankara knew) and why?

"But...why?" She asked as an expression of disconfort flashed through Orin's face, probably as a reaction of the memmories of the events. That must have been a shock for Orin. Getting involved on a fight for jealousy? for desireing something that is already taken? To Sankara it was pointless. She rose her eyes back to Orin's face. Something on her expression had changed. Now it looked a ashamed, as if she had done something bad. She gave a reassuring nod, asking her to continue

What Orin revealed next was kind of unexpected for the darker female. She had had sexual relations with their alpha. Now all this jealousy matter had more sense. Sankara looked away, and her paw slid a bit from Orin's hand. Her eyes were half-closed, as she processed the information. Orin told her that she didn't know that what she was doing was wrong. And Sankara couldn't judge her, because she hadn't been caugh on a situation like that. Orin was her friend, but what she did was wrong? Not really. If they did it it was because they both wanted to...

Orin went on with her story, explaining briefly her figh with this other female...Sky...It wasn't really Orin's fault. She had just met this other female once! she had no way to know her feelings! Orin was innocent. Sankara looked up again after Orin finished to tell what she had to tell. She was looking at her with expectant eyes, waiting for an answer or a reaction. She's my friend, she was the first member that i met, and she has been really kind with me.

Sankara moved her paw to it's former position in a reassuring gesture, and her mouth showed one of those wolf-smiles that she reserved for similar situations, when she wanted to raise the spirits. "What you did wasn't wrong, but it wasn't very good at all. You don't have the fault for something you had no clue about. Still, whatever happens, i'm with you, ok?" On a childish momentum she tried to stand on her hind legs so she could lay both of her paws on her hands, but she fell to her former position, letting out a soft giggle. Only her forepaw remained on Orin's hand. "Sorry about that" She managed to say between giggles. Then she turned her head to take a look at her surroundings, recalling the moment when she was about to ask Orin about something.

"By the way, i noticed that you...how to say it? are...different? i don't know, i can't take the thought out of my mind.". She looked at her belly and then back to her face, hesitating. She stood up and walked around Orin, sniffing the air around her. The only visible change were the markings on her shoulders. But the nose can see more than the eyes, and Sankara trusted her nose more than her eyes. She stopped walking when she completed a circle around the pink-haired female. "Well, whatever it is, we can find it out later; i suppose." Sankara looked at her friend with reassuring eyes. maybe she was a very analitic and perceptive female, but her lack of experience about life among other wolves left her clueless most of the time, and she decided to leave it for the moment, she would have time to think about the subject later; besides, Orin must have been unnerved because of the memmories. "Orin, if you want we can do something else, it's ok?. Sankara looked expectantly at her, waiting for her answer.

OOC: I'm not sure, but i think that i made some grammar mistakes...

[/html]