grasping at straws [private]
[html]

<3

“Damn this darkness,” the blackish-red she-wolf hissed as she stumbled over yet another tree root. She had thought that she was pretty fond of the dark; she preferred to race under the starlight while she was most comfortable remaining in one place when the sun shone. However, to her knowledge, it was the middle of the day and only small slivers of sunlight fell through the thick canopy above. She could hardly see where she was walking, and it was horribly cold. She fluffed out her dark fur and lowered her ears against her slender skull.

Hunger and thirst were more pressing than her cold, however. She could only suck it up and be grateful she wasn’t traveling through this shadowy place at midnight. There were patches where the land shifted and the trees broke long enough for some light to shine down. She paused in these areas to bathe her shoulders in the warm light before moving on. She could not hear deer or rabbit, and she knew that she could never hope to chase one when she couldn’t see them.

Another break in the trees indicated a stream, which sliced through her intended path. It was mostly frozen over, but she saw this as a welcome challenge rather than an obstacle. She could get her drink and perhaps capture a fish if she was lucky.

Tommy padded over to the water’s edge and scratched at the surface, smashing her paw down a few times until she had broken enough of the ice to drink. She lapped at the cold water and shivered as it went down her throat. When she opened her yellow eyes again, she could see the dark, blurry shadow of a fish waiting just beneath the surface. Grinning, she made the shift to her optime form, so that her arms had better reach and her paws better grasp. Laying on her stomach, she scooted to the edge of the water and plunged her arm into the crack in the ice, grasping for the fish and laughing quietly at the feel of the cold crawling up to her shoulder.

<style type="text/css">
.tsantil-a2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#8f492b;}
.tsantil-a2 i {font-weight:italic; color:#8f492b;}
.tsantil-a2 ooc {padding:0px; font-size:10px;}
.tsantil-a2 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; font-size:12px;}
.tsantil-a2 {margin:0px auto; width:460px; background-color:#7ab61f; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/kd4m7p.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 600px 0px 24px 0px; font-family:cambria; font-size:12px; color:#c8e59d; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

table by Silver! OOC: Big GrinWC:631

The brown and cream male worked his way slowly through the midnight dark forest, in his optime form. His legs worked with ease against the squishy and cold ground, his large hands in his pockets. The cargo pants kept his legs warm, as a button down shirt and a deer jacket kept his upper body warm. He wasn't wearing any shoes, he never could find the right size, plus, they were quite uncomfortable. His fedora was over his missing eye socket, along with his bangs. His remaining teal eye scanned through the darkness, searching for predators and possibly lost wolves. He reached into his bag, he was a tad hungry, and he pulled out some rabbit jerky that he had gotten from the hunting lodge. It was filled with taste that enchanted his taste buds. He chewed the chewiness of the fine jerky, before he thought for a moment, as he stopped. Did he have to stock up on any herbs? He may not be able to find any here. Maybe some by the river? Maybe. He thought for a moment, chewing on the jerky, and before he knew it, he was absent mindedly singing,

"Ring around the rosie, pockets full of posie. Ashes! Ashes! We all fall down!"

What was with him singing violent children's song's lately?! First, london bridge, which caused many to die. Now, ring around the rosie, about a plague that killed many. The ashes were dead peoples bodies that were being cremated, and the fall down part was the children dying! What the heck was wrong with his mind! Fallen didn't know. He flicked the feather that was pierced through his ear, and stopped singing almost instantly. His voice was calm and beautiful, but sometimes, he just didn't like the skill. Oh god, he wanted a violin so bad. He sighed to himself, as he reached into his bag, and retrieved a jar full of delicious catnip. It was a cats drug, but it was his calming herb. It was said to calm the nervous, and it worked. He wasn't always nervous, just sometimes. He pulled out two stalks of the sweet smelling herb, and chewed it with ease, before swallowing it, the gentle taste lingering inside his mouth. He sighed to himself, and then began to walk, his well muscled arms behind his head in a quite relaxed way.

He arrived upon the river, and looked around. He could see a figure not to far away, most likely a luperci. He didn't want to be a bother to the luperci, and so, he started to look for herbs. Ah! St. John's Wort! It could help burns and anxiety! It worked for anxiety just as well as catnip, but he liked the taste of catnip better. He wandered over to the shores, and soon noticed, that St. John's Wort was all over. He smiled, something rare for the antisocial male, but he began to go down the shore, collecting the herb in two jars. They were soon filled, but he soon found out, he was right before the figure he saw. It was a female luperci, who seemed to be completely naked. It was cold, why was she bare? He blinked, before blushing slightly, and looking away. He wasn't the the type of male to stare at naked women. He scrabbled into his bag to pull out a green blanket, and threw it upon the female.

"Why... aren't you wearing something? It's cold.... By the way, I am.... Fallen."

He barked uneasily, as he took a few steps back, to give her more room. He blinked with his single eye, and checked to make sure his fedora was slightly over his eye socket, and that his bangs were over the eye socket.

<style type="text/css">
.fallenpink b {font-weight:bold; color:#CD3278; letter-spacing:1px; }
.fallenpink .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.fallenpink p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.fallenpink {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:#120D0B; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/iq8w84.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 330px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#F6CCDA; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Haha, I love Fallen. And Tommy wants a hattt... *may get her one sometime*

Fish were damn slippery!

Tommy snarled quietly as the scaly body brushed by her paw. She let her arm go limp, and she rested her cheek on the other as she waited for another of the creatures to swim by. It was probably a stupid idea, as her fingers were going completely numb, but her common sense had been drained by boredom. There was nothing better to do; otherwise, she would have scoffed at the idea of lying prostrate like his in unfamiliar territory. The thought made her shake her head at herself. Much had changed since she left home; she was starting to become like her senseless, daredevil sister. As long as she could defend herself if there was trouble, she reasoned, being different than the norm wasn’t too much of a bad thing.

The musk of a male mixed with the aroma of herbs made the darkly mottled she-wolf turn her head. As the upright shape stepped out of the shadows, she looked him over and could find nothing immediately threatening about him. He was clothed, not an uncommon sight up north, though the hat that covered half his face was a new touch. Her gut stirred with the faintest sense of envy before something came flying at her.

The wolfdog blinked in surprise when the blanket landed across her body, and instantly the cold prickling her skin was soothed. She hadn’t really realized how cold she was; she was used to ignoring her discomfort when she was focused on something else. She opened her mouth to thank him, but he spoke first with a question. He wondered aloud why she wasn’t wearing anything. Before she could ponder the question, however, something bumped against her paw, and she reacted quickly. Her claws met each other in the meat of the fish, and she jerked her arm out with a gasp. The animal, killed almost instantaneously from the shock of being impaled, fell to the earth as she leaned back.

Tommy laughed—a quiet sound, hesitant in the darkness. She remembered his question and drew the blanket slightly around himself. “It is cold, but isn’t that why we were given fur?” she replied with a hint of mischief in her mouth. She shook her wet arm out and licked the fur there a few times to remove some of the cold moisture. “I usually have pants, at least,” she admitted, “but it’s too much of a hassle with as often as I shift.” She didn’t believe in dressing from head to toe in human clothes because they were so confining, but jeans allowed her to keep the modesty that others seemed to perceive.

Oh, right, he gave her his name—Fallen, something that sounded nice on the tongue and had the potential of meaning. Was this where she was supposed to offer her own name in return, even when he didn’t ask? She cleared her throat, extending a hand halfheartedly for him to shake once she had risen on two legs. Was that what people did still?

“I’m Tommy,” the reddish teenager offered with a small smile. “Thank you for the blanket, but I don’t really need it. Let me know when you want it back, if you were on your way to do something…” She sniffed the air a few times and smiled in faint amusement as she added, “Why do you smell like plants?” His breath was lovely, something that she didn’t often find herself noticing. Then again, anyone who ate something other than meet was an instant source for interesting breath. It was almost as intriguing as his fedora, which she still eyed like a piece of meat she desired to snatch from him.

<style type="text/css">
.tsantil-a2 {margin:0px auto; width:460px; background-color:#7ab61f; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/kd4m7p.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 600px 0px 24px 0px; font-family:cambria; font-size:12px; color:#c8e59d; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

table by Silver! OOC: Fallen could always help her fine one Big Grin and Daww, thanks for loving this cold guy!WC:792

Fallen looked at this girl, she seemed slightly wet from the river, perhaps she got splashed by a fish? Or was she trying to catch one, and happened to miss right when he arrived. His teal eye was calmly slightly tilted to the sky, so she wasn't looking at her naked body. He wouldn't wan to anyway, he wasn't that type. The snow around was cold under foot, but his paw pads and feet were made for the cold. She girl smelled of the area, and of water. She must have gotten splashed, and she looked quite a bit cold. He chuckled to himself, his eyes still slightly on the sky. She reminded him of his dear sister. He shook his head lightly, and reminded himself he most likely see his sister again. He reached into his bag, and felt the broken pieces of his childhood violin. Oh, the wood felt oh so comforting under his fingers, feeling the edges that were now slightly blunt due to age. It was a fine old violin, and he was oh so sad once the violin was broken. He hoped that soon he could get a new one, to be the violinist he always was on the inside.

Fallen watched as the female scented him, and could see she was slightly cold. He made sure not to show any aggression what's so ever towards her, as his eyes were calm and blank. He watched as her eyes flicked to his fine hat, the fedora that he had picked up on his journey. He fingered it, lightly tipping it like in the old west, showing politeness. He loved the fine hat, that helped covered the terrible wound that laid beneath the fedora and bangs. He watched her reaction the blanket, and she looked quite surprised. She then looked even more surprised as a fish came flying onto the land. He blinked his teal eye, and chuckled as it narrowed slightly.

"Hmm, well, it seems your fur wasn't working very well..."

He saw her tighten the blanket around her body, she was cold, but he didn't think she was going to admit it. She licked her wet arm fur, and told that she often wore pants, but it seemed she was in a different form most of the times. Fallen preferred the Optime form but hey, she wasn't him, him wasn't she. He just didn't like to walk on his hands, if he shifted to Optime, he could damage his violin if he had dirt covering his hands and other grubby things. Of course, he would have to get one first. He sighed to himself, as he adjusted the fine hat a bit more over his eye, and fixed the bangs beneath he hat. He grazed the scar softly, feeling almost instant comfort from the scar against his fingertips.

Fallen watched, with a lightly tilted head, as she put out a hand, for him to shake. Slightly hesitant, he reached out his hand, and gave a firm handshake. He saw that his hand was far larger then hers. He had large hands, yet, he was slightly short. He wasn't the brawniest male out there, he was more swift and agile. She offered her name, which was Tommy, a fairly tomboyish name, but otherwise, fairly simple. He liked simple names like that, something easy, not ten letters long.

"Keep the blanket as long as you need... I won't be needing it for now... I won't be leaving for awhile..."

Fallen blinked lightly, a simple look. She was still a teen, but she was for sure a mix of something. Perhaps a breed of dog, and a wolf? Hmm, wasn't exactly his business. He then heard her next question. He chuckled. Perhaps she thought he was a drug dealer?

"I am a healer... I do not give smoking drugs, if you were wondering."

He chuckled, a rare thing for him, it was like a fine jingle of a bell, wind chimes hitting in a fine gentle wind. It was refreshing for Fallen to actually chuckle. He blinked easily, as he reached his hand under the fedora, and combed through his bangs. The hair was clean and soft, thick and long. He tilted his head to stay over his bangs and eye. He sighed to himself, the bangs were bothersome, but showing the ugly scar was even worse. If nobody asked, he wouldn't show, if they did ask, he would show. He saw her eying his fedora, and chuckled once again, He reached his hand up onto the hat, and pushed it down slightly, completely covering his left side.

No no. This is my hat. I could find one for you perhaps."

<style type="text/css">
.fallenpink b {font-weight:bold; color:#CD3278; letter-spacing:1px; }
.fallenpink .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.fallenpink p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.fallenpink {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:#120D0B; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/iq8w84.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 330px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#F6CCDA; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

The copper wolf averted his single visible eye from her, and she tensed when his hand reached into the bag he wore. However, he did not draw any weapon, instead laughing softly to himself. He tilted his head to her in a warm gesture, and it was then that the fish made its presence known. She was glad when she had finally had it on the ground, and her pride for finally catching the damn thing let him get off easy for commenting on her fur not working so well. It was true, she was cold, but had she been more talkative she might have given any number of smartass retorts. If she hadn’t been laying prone on the ice, her arm plunged into freezing water, she might have been able to keep warm. Then again, she wasn’t used to winters this far north…

Fallen seemed to have the nervous tic of messing with his bangs and hat, and Tommy wondered what he was hiding. Was there a defect with his eye, an odd color perhaps, or did he have a scar or other imperfection? While curious and interested, as could be told from her posture and alert ears, the teenager would not be rude enough to ask. Other luperci had their secrets, and she completely respected that. She wouldn’t want people asking her nosy questions, even if she didn’t really have dark secrets of her own that she would want to hide.

The young man returned the handshake with a hint of hesitance, which she almost smiled at. Her paw was almost engulfed by his, and as soon as he released it, she withdrew it underneath the blanket. He said that she could keep it and that he wasn’t leaving; rather than saying thank you, she nodded and pulled it even tighter around her shoulders.

“Why are you going to stay?” the wolfdog asked instead. She had assumed that he was on the move and that he wouldn’t hang around with a loner for long; he smelled like other wolves, like someone in a pack.

The brownish wolf laughed at her question and claimed to be a healer; that answered her question and satisfied her. She blinked at mention of smoking drugs and tilted her head in confusion. “I understand that you’re a healer; we had shamans in our own pack that healed with plants. I’m not sure what else you’re talking about.” By the moon god, she sounded so damn naïve! He was indeed older than her, but not by a large amount. Perhaps it was because she had been born elsewhere that she didn’t understand? Or was it her youth? She was frustrated by the fact that she didn’t know something, but she reminded herself that she should only be humbled by it.

His laugh was nice, and she enjoyed listening to it. However, this time he chuckled because he had noticed her staring at the hat, and she blinked sheepishly when he pushed it down. She looked at the ground, hands clasped behind her back, as she responded. “I know. And I might find one on my own; there’s no reason for you to go around finding things for strangers.” It was odd that she’d noticed it and been charmed by it at all. She knew that she wanted to do something with herself rather than wearing simple jeans everywhere. The only reason she hadn’t was the suggestion of her mother, who told her that her fur was so pretty she didn’t need decoration. A hat would only get in the way of her fighting, but… Still, she liked the idea of having one.

The fish that had lay forgotten at her feet was suddenly remembered, and Tommy bent to pick it up and brush some of the snow off it. “Do you want half?” she asked the man, thinking it was only polite. Her stomach growled quietly, and she set to work attempting to rip it into two pieces.

<style type="text/css">
.tsantil-a2 {margin:0px auto; width:460px; background-color:#929292; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/2d6nxps.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 600px 0px 24px 0px; font-family:cambria; font-size:12px; color:#565656; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]