Dog or not dog, that's the question...
So, I was thinking on making a Brazilian dog (or wolf, not sure yet) to make the bar everyone wants to <3 The issue(s) is that:

1 - I was thinking on having a luperci that is an american pit bull, and I was wondering if it's possible for them to be. They are canis lupus, but I don't know, just to be sure <3

2 - If I requested it when I pc came back, how long and how much would I have to post with Liev to have my activity restored to a point where I could have a second char?

If anyone can answer me these two, I'd be much obliged. Fo' real
\o/
1) At 'Souls, all characters of the Canis genus are able to become Luperci and shift. As such, a majority of our players choose to play a wolf, coyote, dog, or jackal (and naturally, all subspecies and all hybrids of any of these species) with wolves being the dominant species.

2) Permission to play a second character is automatically granted after 6 weeks of membership AND 45 IC posts, to be counted from the time the first character's (re)joining thread is complete.

Hope this helps!
Oh, okay! <3 Thanks a lot, Mel!

It's just that I haven't seen many dog breeds around, so I was a bit hesitant 'bout it... Just to be safe, ya know?

And... the '(re)joinning thread' thing... is it if I dropped the character, or when I return from my absence?
Yep most are hybrids :/ But we've had huskys and boarder collies and such. There's some dogs in CdM Smile I was concerned about G when I was creating him but nope, you should be good!

The rejoining would be if you were gone for longer then the given leave for absences (which I think is 30 days). So if you were made a NPC or removed from ranks THEN it would apply. If you're gone fore less than the 30 days you just continue from what you have now Smile
Mathias is a menagrie of breeds... He is my 3rd (maybe 2nd) charrie.
You may want to wait to have an SA member check this out, because although a Pit Bull can be a Luperci, I'm not sure of their capability to withstand the weather in Nova Scotia, since their fur is so short and they are a single-coated breed. :x
True! You may want to consider a mix with a dog with a thicker coat :/ Or have it come from Europe where he/she would be more civilized and have clothing to help out with the weather.
Doesn't Canada have kinda the same temperature as the UK? Cause short furred dogs do fine here.
In Canada we get very cold winters with plenty of snow Smile We have to put clothing on our short haired dogs to keep them warm outside for walks in the snow XD Therefore, we can assume a Lerperci with short fur would have to wear warm clothing to survive the harsher winter weather.
XD We don't get snow, but here it's cold all year round. XD Probably not Canada cold.
Hi there Big Grin I agree with what some of the others have said about using clothing; unless he had longer fur, I don't think that he would be able to survive well in this climate. Would you be open to him having clothing on to keep warm? He wouldn't necessarily have to have come from another country; perhaps his family has always lived up here and has always used clothing? I dunno. Just trying to help ^^

As it is right now you could have a second character. Going on an absence is just fine and doesn't affect your ability to pick up a second character. You no longer have to apply, as Melissa said first; you only need to have been here for a month and a half and have made 45 ic posts, which you've done :] If you have two characters and then drop one, you'd have to wait for the drop period to pass...but you only have Liev.
Regarding your question about pit bulls and bull dogs, it probably wouldn't be possible for it to survive without humans. Not only do they have really short legs, which means they wouldn't be able to chase prey very well, they're very top-heavy. This is mentioned a bit in our dog guide -- bulls are an "unlikely" breed because to give birth, they require c-sections. Their head is too wide for the birth canal, so they can't actually be delivered naturally. >__<

If you want some more ideas for what type of dog the character could be, scroll up on the dog guide page to the "likely breeds" list. Big Grin
Nice, Tammi. I didn't know that about them! That's crazy!!
Thanks for your help, everyone!

Yes, I had thought about the clothing stuff. He was going to wear them nonetheless, but to make it a bit juicy, here's a bit of his story: He was a member of a wandering group of domestic dogs and mutts, and they did not neglect anyone for their "breed". Therefore, on the hunt, they could use their variety of especialization to bring down animals. They would live close to the litoral, where the Atlantic Forests ruled with multiple pry, and also where some of the most developed human cities resided (yep, it's kind of a black and white over here, trust me ^.~ I can see the green mountains not too far, and I live close to Sao Paulo's center v__v). In the city, they would trade with other packs and groups, and on the jungle, they'd hunt. So, when he decides to travel further north, he meets some olves and exchange goods or clothing, so he'd had a few.

Besides, he wouldn't be a pure Pit Bull, but a mix, though the most outstanding feature would be of a Pit Bul <3

Anyway, if it failed, I already had a char that was, well, part German Sheperd, part Basenji/Dingo and part Lab. So yeah, it's okay if I can't have him. For real. In fact, his nature fits best this mixed char.
QUOTE (Liev Morozov @ Feb 13 2011, 05:43 PM)
Besides, he wouldn't be a pure Pit Bull, but a mix, though the most outstanding feature would be of a Pit Bul <3 [/quote]
If you do want to bring in a pit bull mix, you'd still have to research to see if the birth could be performed naturally. A lot of pit bull mixes still have the head that's wider than the hips, so they wouldn't be able to be birthed naturally and the mother would probably die in childbirth. This means that the standard pit bull features would have had to have disappeared for the dog to survive -- so unfortunately, I don't think a pit bull mix would work either, unless it was very minor and there was no resemblance, which kind of defeats the whole purpose of you wanting a pit bull character. XD

I hope that makes sense! Smile

QUOTE (Liev Morozov @ Feb 13 2011, 05:43 PM)
Anyway, if it failed, I already had a char that was, well, part German Sheperd, part Basenji/Dingo and part Lab. So yeah, it's okay if I can't have him. For real. In fact, his nature fits best this mixed char. [/quote]
...But if you don't mind not playing a pit bull, then that's fine! Big Grin
As far as short furred dogs and clothing. I think you would see the use of furs to keep warm more so than clothing. Everything a wolf kills has a hide so I think you'd see a lot of 'cave man style clothing' on luperci. I mean if early man could figure it out I'm short haired luperci could find a way to adapt to northern regions if they truly desired to. So I don't think short haired breeds are too unrealistic imo