The pup in the town hall
[html]

Spell check could also go a long way ^_-

"My name is Ralla, little one. We haven't met formally yet," she said to the small pup. Looking at the bundle of fur next to the snowy pup, it was confirmed that it was the squirming bundle Liliana had took in a few days ago. "There's nothing wrong with that, Ayasha," she hastily reassured the pup, seeing a hint of distress begin to color her words. "That's a very kind thing to do, actually." With smiling eyes, Ralla patted Ayasha comfortably on the head. Although she was hesitant to be so friendly with older wolves and those of her own age, Ralla was just naturally easy and touchy-feely around pups; perhaps because they were so harmless and innocent, and perhaps because it was just a feminine instinct.

Almost in the next instant, the pup that Ayasha had named Saphrina woke up with a start, panicked, and scrambled to hide beneath the cot she had been sleeping on. Startled herself, Ralla's ears had gone straight up as she could only watch the action. Kneeling fully on her knees, Ralla peeked her head upside down to peer under the cot's leather bedding, her keen eyes searching the pseudo darkness for the scarred pup's form. "Now, now; what's wrong?" she crooned. Had she startled the pup? Was it a nightmare?

Moon walks. "Moon talks." Moon thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.rallagift b {font-weight:bold; color:#F8F6F3; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.rallagift-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:verdana, serif; font-size:10px; color:#F8F6F3; text-align:right; }
.rallagift p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.rallagift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#040303; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... astars.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:11px; color:#C66A26; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

[Image: RallaP-1.png]
She grinned at the adult. "I'm glad ta meet ya." She had heard adults say that when they met someone new. So she repeated it. She brightened at not being in trouble. She hated being in trouble. When Ralla patted her on the head, she nuzzled her hand. She liked having her head patted and rubbed she decided.

When Saphrina shot up and hid under her bed, Ayasha jumped down and got on her belly to be next to the pup. "What's wrong, Saphrina? Did ya have a bad dream?" She gently asked the scared pup. She then scooted close to her, but slowly so she didn't frighten her and gave her a comforting nuzzle. "Wanna talk 'bout it?"
Saphrinas heart was beating to the point someone besides her could hear it. She was haveing something like a panic attack. her heart raced her breathing heavy her chest raising and falling as fast as it can. she looked around and darted out of the town hall fur puffed out makeing her look like a small moveing puff ball. She ran as far as she could looking around panicing She didnt know where she was. it hurt to breath she let out a squeal of pain from her chest she whispered to herself believeing that nothing had happend to her mother she squealed out "Mommy! MOMMY! where are you!" she cried runing back and forth ouside the camp walls crying
[html]

Ralla watched as Ayasha jumped down to join her in trying to coax the other from out under the bed. It was adorable, to say the least, and she would've been more amiable about the situation had Saphrina not gone shooting out immediatly after Ayasha touched her to dart out of the Town Hall. It would've also been comedic, had the pup not been terrified and running straight out in snow where she could catch a cold. "Wait!" Ralla called, standing up straight. "Ayasha, you stay here for now," she said sternly, not wanting two sick pups in the pack. After doing so, she raced after the scarred child, calling her name. In answer, not two shouts of Ralla's later, did she hear the little one's cries echoing throughout the village. She found Saphrina wailing and raced to her, kneeling on her knees to pick up the squirming pup, having caught her from her run.

"It's alright," she soothed over the cries of the pup. She was flailing in Ralla's hands, and the white wolfess could see that the little one was terrified; of what, she didn't know. But it hurt her heart to see her so. It seemed that she had one heck of a bleeding heart those days. "Calm down, it's alright. Shh," she felt a little presuming, treating a child that wasn't hers so closely, coddling her and stroking her back with a hand gently. It was obvious that whoever had marred the pup was evil, and had done something break the pup's mind. She continued to try and soothe the pup over her voice, trying to get her to settle down.

<style type="text/css">
.rallagift-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:verdana, serif; font-size:10px; color:#F8F6F3; text-align:right; }
.rallagift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#040303; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... astars.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:11px; color:#C66A26; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

She let out a terified wail, her heart raceing she wiggled more and more screaming for her mother letting out frantic wails of fear, she lookd around back and forth trying to free herself of the faes arms, her chst heaveing as much as it can her breathing hard and heavy "MOMMY!!!??!?!?" she cried loudly trying her hardiest to get away "mommy mommy where are you!?!" she said wailing and wiggleing around. She soon settled down and broke down crying, her heart shattered that her mother never came for her she hung her head sobbing now, she closed her eyes and continued to sob in te females arms
Ayasha had hoped that her attempts at helping Saphrina would work. But alas, the poor girl was apparently having nightmares while she was awake. When her friend went outside, she made to follow but stopped at Ralla's command not to. But she still yearned to go after her.

She peeked outside and hearing someone sob, followed the sound. She came upon a scene that truly broke her heart. The younger pup was currently sobbing in Ralla's arms. She crept over to them and started to pet the pup's head. she looked at Ralla silently asking if her friend would be alright.
[html]

Awww, poor pups TT-TT

"Shh, shh; it's alright," Ralla continued, feeling the pup's pain score her soul more than her body. What a terrible thing to be done to a pup. The squirming stopped, allowing Ralla to be more gentle in her caresses as she attempted to calm the pup from her fright, although she knew it was not the end of the little one's fears. Against her command, she saw Ayasha come from the corner of her eye to be near them, although she was not angry in the least. She was merely worried for Saphrina; how could she penalize that?

She smiled warmly at the white girl while keeping Saphrina close to her warm chest fur, cradling her little lupus form there. Standing, she took Ayasha's hand and led her back into the Town Hall where it was warm, sitting on the cot while still holding Saphrina. Still Saphrina cried for her mother, and Ralla couldn't really respond because she was not the girl's real mother--by blood or by name--was she? But not responding seemed worse than just trying to hush the frantic child. "Everything's alright, Saphrina," she said the girl's name softly, testing the waters of Ralla's personal boundaries, "You're safe here, with Ayasha. She tells me she's met you, and she's worried about you. Don't cry; you're safe." Ralla had never had a pup, but she had loved the pack children and those pups of the gypsy luperci she had travelled with. She had seen countless other mothers pamper and treat their children, scold and discipline them, and, since she was a female herself, it was second nature that she could do the same. As she had once thought when she had met Sakari, it took a tribe to raise a child, not just a single parent. How could now be different?

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

Saphrina continued to sob, she screamed and cried as ralla carried her to the town hall once more, she continued to cry and cry her chest flailing up and down as she sobbed, she screamed over and over "mommy?! Mommy!!!!!" she cried looking around franticly and stqrted flaling to get aqy sobbing even harder that no one replied to her calls she screamed and screamed for as long as she could. Bt she gave up, on what? She didnt know yet. But whe layed there her crying qnd wiggleing stoped laying there like a rag doll, her heart broken and her spirit diminished, she layed there her eyes shut and her breathing soft. She thought to herself " no one loves me.." she looked around once more and gave up on trying to get away. She juwt layed there heartbroken
Ayasha allowed herself to be led back to the town hall. She was heartbroken about her friend. Though she was happy that Ralla wasn't angry at her for coming outside. She was worried about Saphrina. She climbed up next to the adult and gently nuzzled her friend. This was a simple gesture that she hoped would work. She also gently stroked her back. She knew what it was like to not have any parents.

When Saphrina laid down on the cot, Ayasha curled around her protectively. When she heard her say that no one loved her, Ayasha whispered, "I care about you and love you." Though to her it was as if Saphrina was her younger sister. She had a thought. "Saphrina? If ya want I'll be your big sister and look for you and chase monsters away." She hoped that her friend would accept her offer.
Saphrina looked at her friend and nodded to her offer, she smiled softly and tried to stop crying nuzzleing her new sister closely her warm fur soothing and she closed her eyes. She thought about her mom silently thinking her mother would have loved Ayasha and Ralla and would be proud of her for makeing new friends, she closed her eyes all the way and curled up in Rallas arms trying to get some sleep hopeing for no dreams or if she gets dreams then good dreams. She closes her eyes and sighs "I love you Ayasha" she said softly and tiredly in a weak voice she snuggles close to Ralla and smiles pressing into her warmness as well as Ayashas warmness she soon fell asleep she had no dreams that night/day and that made her happy
[html]

LATE! >X(

Looking down at the soft bundle of fur in her arms, her heartbeat calming with the pups', Ralla was herself warmed from the inside out, seeing the two comfort one another. Sisters, in all but blood. But wasn't that how the tribe was, essentially? With a light squeeze, cuddling the little one close, Ralla wondered how able they were able to get looking after. She wondered who taught and fed and watched the little ones, since everyone was very dedicated and dutiful to their work. Not to say she herself wasn't; it was merely an observation. But this was the third parentless pup Ralla had seen thus far--even though Sakari technically had her uncle, the chief, to rely on--who did these pups have for all those times that the tribe couldn't look after them?

"And I'll look after you," she whispered after Ayasha. Looking to Ayasha's eyes, she let the edges turn upward in a smile. "You, too, Ayasha." It might not have been said forthright, but Ralla had every intention of doing so. Maybe, if Saphrina calmed down, she would even formally adopt her. Ayasha... Perhaps she would accept it too? It was all very sudden, and Ralla felt that then was not the best time to drop such a question on the pups. Later, when they are in a better mood... It would ease her heart to know that at the very least she could care for them directly. But me? A mother? Such a thing was strange, yet not unpleasant, a thought to float through Ralla's head. But that instinct inside of her that was ingrained into most any female assured her that she could do it; that it was a part of normal life. They might not have been her own, but she herself had not originally been of AniWaya's. As she had mused earlier; it was not blood that made a family.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

Ayasha got a big grin on her face when Saphrina said that she loved her. She gave the younger pup a lick on the top of head. "I love you too, Saphrina." She nuzzled her gently. She was starting to get tired but wanted to make sure her 'sister' was alright. She rested her head next to Saphrina. She looked up at Ralla.

"Is she gonna be OK?" she asked worriedly. She hoped that the nightmares would go away. She hoped that she had helped drive them away. At Ralla saying that she would look after her, she became hopeful. "Do you really mean that?" She frowned briefly. "What is causing her nightmares? I didn't have 'em when my mommy died." She gave Saphrina another lick.

After a few minutes of struggle, her body won and her eyes started to close. She snuggled against Saphrina and, since Saphrina was in Ralla's arms, Ralla. She murmured goodnight to the two, even if one of the them was asleep, and fell into to a deep, peaceful sleep.
Saphrina stretched in Rallas arms her tail fluffing out slightly, she yawned softly and curled into a ball putting her tail over her nose and twitched her ears in her sleep. Saphrina slept soundly with no dreams. For once in her life since her mother died and her father mamed her she had no night mares. While she slept she heard Ayasha say good night but she was to tired to say anything back. She slept as long as she could untill the next morning
[html]

Okies, so according to the chronological order of this thread, it is now the morning of the 17th, and is the last day that Ralla can post in here without conflict >.> So I would appreciate if she either left after this or the thread would come to a close Tongue Your call, since you started it ^w^

"She'll be fine," Ralla assured the little one. But her words seemed to perk the young pup up, giving her eyes a gleam of hope. "Yes I mean it. I have to go away for a while, but when I come back, we can be a family if you like. But you know the tribe is your family, too, right?"

Saphrina stirred in her arms for a moment as if discomforted before settling again into blissfull sleep. "Many things can cause nightmares; there are many old legends explaining them. But I won't tell them now. You're tired," she stated as a fact, scratching Ayasha again behind the ears. "Young pups need their rest. All I know is that she can use any family she can get. I trust you'll be a good sister." Ayasha snuggled into Ralla's arms as well and began to breathe as deeply as Saphrina. Ralla didn't have the heart to try and explain what her theory behind Saphrina's dreams were, nor did she have the heart to move the two girls from their positions. SO she leaned back on the wooden and clay wall of the Town Hall, petting the two to keep them pacified, and felt her own eyes flutter closed.

---

She awoke without preamble and without prodding; it had just been ingrained into her after months of doing so to awake mid-morning, even if she had had plenty more sleep than she was used to (most of her nights, instead, spent watching the moon and stars). The two children were still lying where they had been the night before, and Ralla gave a smile. She was so prone to doing that that she was afraid that one day her muscles would freeze in a perpetual grin. That wouldn't necessarily be a completely bad thing, would it?

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

She smiled at the reassurance that her 'sister' would be alright. But when Ralla brought up being a family, she was conflicted. On the one hand, she missed her own mommy. But she never felt Dawali was like a father to her. He was nice but more like an uncle. "I'd have a mommy again? And a little sister? Can I have some time to think about it?" She was sure that she would say yes, but she still wanted to be sure.

When she woke up, she was next to two forms. She looked around her confusedly. Then she saw Saphrina and Ralla. And she remembered last night. She grinned up at Ralla, sleepily, seeing that the adult was awake. "I've decided that I want you to be my new mommy and for Saphrina to be my little sister. Is that OK?" She hoped that Ralla wouldn't change her mind about taking care of her.
Saphrina was still asleep, she started to twitch in her sleep haveing the same nightmare in her once peacefull sleep, she let out a wail of fear jumping from rallas arms once more and darting out of the town hall my fur puffed out and ran as far as i could to the pond, she ran across the ice, it started to crack under her paws and she fell in. She let out a cry of fear once more her eye wide open her fur drenched her tiny paws flailing to keep her head afloat her limbs still tired trying to get ahold of the ice around her she let out cry after cry her tired limbs starting to fail, "Mommy mommy!" she cried out getting to tired to move her paws anymore ''MOMMY!" she cried out hopeing for Ralla her new mother to come her fur getting soaked even more and to tired to move anymore, she lets her head rest on one of the ice blocks before it melted away, she let her head slip under the water her paws still struggleing to keep afloat, her fur visable but her head isnt she held her breath for as long as she could
[html]

Crappy post >.>

Ayasha's first words in the morning were more of a wake-up call than Ralla had expected. She wondered if the pup had truly thought it over, if she had not merely decided without consideration. But her eyes were eager and full of hope; how could she crush her? Ralla smiled, replying with a whispered, "Yes," so as not to awake Saphrina. It turned out that such a consideration wasn't needed, as the pup pulled another frantic run from her dreams.

The sudden bolt from the scarred girl scared Ralla, jangling her nerves, as she stumbled to follow Saphrina to wherever she had run off to. She didn't bother telling Ayasha to stay where she was that time--seeing as the girl would probably follow out of curiosity anyway--and she ran after the pup. "Saphrina!" she called, worry lacing her voice when she heard the distinct crack and shatter of ice. She saw the scene and sprinted to the pond where the girl had just slipped underwater. To Ralla, it was not the depth of the pond that was the problem, rather it was the temperature. It reminded her of how cold the early winter waters had been and how cold she had been for a few days after. But this was a pup; surviving in their for long was near impossible. Ralla splashed into the icy depths, wading and moving her hands where she had seen Saphrina go under. Her fingers brushed something shivering, struggling faintly, and fuzzy, so she tugged it up as hard as she could. The girl was drenched from head to toe, from skin to bone, as deeply as Ralla's legs and arms were then soaked. But to Ralla it mattered little; she was built for such a harsh condition. Saphrina was a different deal entirely.

She rushed back to the Town Hall, legs stiff and already forming ice crystals on the ends of her fur, as she cradled the pup to her chest to try and restore lost warmth. Entering the Town Hall was like entering a gracious sun, the heat of the fire radiating life. She took Saphrina with her as she got some blankets, sitting down on the cot with Ayasha and rubbing her down harshly, attempting to keep her eyes open. "Don't fall asleep, Saphrina," she whispered harshly, getting Ayasha into the nest of blankets with her. Already the white female's coat was drying, but panic was bright in her heart.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

She gave her new mother a happy grin and a big hug. Thank you for offering to be my mommy. Though I miss my birth mommy. She snuggled back against Ralla and watched her now sister sleep. She was worried when another dream pulled Saphrina awake and made her run off.

She followed after her sister and mother, not only out of curiosity but also worry. She stood on the shore as Ralla reached her sister and pulled her up, wet and cold. She was happy but still worried. She followed them closely as they went back to the Town Hall.

She sat down in the blankets and watched to see that Ralla was keeping Saphrina awake and dry. She didn't know what to do, so she just nuzzled her sister and told her to say awake so they could play and have fun. She just kept talking to her to help keep her awake.
Saphrina shivered non stop letting out harsh coughs she tried to stay awake but couldnt the coldness pulling her tiny and cold body into a coma like state ice forming on her fur even being wrap'd in blankets, the ice melted but saphrina breathed softly still in her "coma" like state. She continued to shiver feeling her sister next to her but being to tired and cold to do anything she just stayed there not moveing but breathing she finnaly got feeling back into her body and opend her eyes tiredly.

Saphrina pressed into Ayasha's warm fur and snuggled as close as she posibly could to her. Saphrina was cold but starting to warm up she continued to let out harsh coughs but they soon stoped once her breathing was normal. She looked around her blind eye actualy open, She still couldnt see out of it but it was open and not causeing any pain. The green of her blind eye was all white and her pupil was gone. It was just a white eye ball, Saphrina looked around and began to lick her fur trying to stop her from shivering still.

She soon was warm enough to stand so she stood up in the blankets and began to shake her fur, water droplits going every wich way once she shook of the blankets her fur puffed out into a large pile of fluff and she looked around panting slightly trying to cool down now.
[html]

Ralla was glad to see that Ayasha had at least stuck close to her, at least, so that she wouldn't have to search for Ayasha as well; especially since Saphrina was beginning to freeze up. The girl's coughs were rough and scratchy, making Ralla's own throat ache in sympathy. Her heart slowed a little more when Saphrina showed signs of warming and movement, her adoptive daughter's good eye opening to see them. The green was like looking into a mirror, even if the hues did vary oh-so-very-slightly. But the inner hearts were so alike; Ralla, too, had been terrified of a great many things at that age, although she had not been afraid for her life as Saphrina was.

"Settle down, Saphrina," she soothed, trying to get Saphrina swaddled back into the blankets. "Your body's still cold." It was a fact more than a question, and Ralla smoothed out the gray fluff, feeling for any residual moisture. In a very motherly fashion she began to groom Saphrina in a way close to how Ralla's own mother had groomed her when she was young. Ralla had noticed that it had happened much more during the winter months rather than the summer; not being very rambunctious, Ralla had not been prone to getting very dirty in either season, although the grooming kept her warm for an unfathomable reason. She licked from the base of Saphrina's neck to the tip of her head, giving the girl a cowlick, and continued to groom her in this fashion until the puffed-out fur was slightly more manageable, although nonetheless poofy. "You're alright. See? She's alright," she said first to Saphrina and then to Ayasha. The white, older girl's chatter was calming because it held a sense of normalcy for the situation and it kept Saphrina grounded; words from the living usually had power and pull enough to at least try and combat the spirit of death. Saphrina was lucky to have escaped so. "Saphrina, why'd you run off again? I know you had quite a fright, but there's nothing here that will hurt you. I promise."

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]