Of Oaths and Curiousity
(OOC: All are welcome! Its set for today, mid morning and the area is in the midst of the ethereal eclipse. The mood is optimisstic and adventurous, hoping for someone to talk to- maybe form a friendship? Also mabu is in her Optime form)

Mabu was surprised, she actually got to sleep in that morning. She was usually awoken in someway...usually by bears or strange sounds close by. She had a good feeling about today and she was going to make the most of it! Today was a day to celebrate and what better way to celebrate a good day than to explore unknown neutral territories? Mabu walked on in the dark forest with a spring in her step. Looking around the darkened forest she sighed in bliss at the beauty of it.

I believe this was called the Ethereal eclipse...its a little dark but it's still pretty. Now to make my day perfect, I just hope nothing decides to chase me again...stupid bears... Mabu thought with a slight pout as she continued to take in her surroundings. It had been a long time since Mabu had been able to take time and enjoy her surroundings. She was usually to busy avoiding certain elements in her surroundings that she rarely got the chance to just enjoy.

Mabu sighed and sat down beneath a tree nearby. Taking out her dictionary, she lovingly ran her fingers over the worn cover and flipped the book until she was in the middle. Reading down the first column she came to a word and smiled when she read oath. Her eyes glazed in memory as she remembered asking her mentor what an oath was.

'An oath is solumn pledge or an honor bound promise more or less. Something that you make from the very depths of your soul, child. Don't make an oath of something you don't full heartedly follow or believe. Make sure that when you do make an oath, your willing to follow it. An oath is made for life.' Giggling as she remembered his sleepy and slightly grumpy answer. She had awoken him in the middle of the night to ask him that.

Mabu's smile slipped slowly into a sad frown as she remembered her mentor laying in his lupus form, dying. 'I promise Alejandre to never let what you have done for me go in vain. I promise to always helps others as you helped me. This I swear...this is my oath to you my friend...' Mabu shook her head clear of her saddened memories and put up her dictionary. Glancing around the clearing, she decided this would be a good place to take a small break. Smiling a slightly sad smile, she only wished she had someone to talk to.
OOC: Sorry for the rather... dangerous girl I'm bringing in...

The girl was used to stalking people. She'd been hiding behind whatever there happened to be lying around at the moment, listening to conversations, since what seemed like the beginning of time. Her delicate little ears had been trained to hear even the fall of a leaf onto the ground. She hid in trees, in hollow logs, listening to secrets of love, secrets of hate, drunken secrets whispered in the middle of the night. But she never thought about what she did as weird. It was simply... an essential aspect of life.

She was prowling now, her footfalls so soft they were inaudible even to herself. And sure enough, she heard something. The breathing of another wolf fairly close by, most likely a young female like herself, in optime form. Her eyes searched for the source of the noise. She set eyes on a girl about her age, but much larger, with mostly white fur, and golden hair with reddish tints. The girl was reading, she noticed. Arwen decided that the girl did not seem dangerous, and in the case that there would be any trouble, she would be no trouble at all to take care of. The difference in size did not matter to her in the least. Her razor sharp three-inch claws could take care of almost anything. They served as small knives for her, just as dangerous, only she could wield four on each hand instead of only one.

"Hello. My name is Arwen Stormcloud. Call me Arwen though, I hold a certain grudge against my own last name. I have a bad history with it. I'm sort of new here... and was out exploring, but it'd be nice to have someone to talk to."
OOC: 'Tis ok, lol. Better to expand my writing skills anyhow.

Mabu blinked and turned her head in the direction of the newcomers voice. There she goes again, not paying attention! She was slightly disgruntled with her lack of observation since she arrived in this new land. Looking at the smaller, tannish female that happened upon her, she took in her long sharp claws and deducted that she could be pretty mean in a fight. Size wasn't everything! Not that she wasn't looking for a fight or anything, she's just survived on her own this long on observations like that. Fighting wasn't all about speed or strength. You could easily take an enemy down by observing their weak spots, exploiting them, and all the while keeping an eye on there stronger assets- and avoiding them. Mabu shook her head of those thought and smiled a welcoming smile at the newcomer. Today was too good of a day to think too deeply and too darkly.

"It's nice to meet you Arwen, the names Mabu Alpma. Just call me Mabu though. It'd sound strange for you to keep calling me Mabu Alpma." Mabu chuckled and continued,"It seems I too am new to these parts. I was just exploring the area, trying to learn more about my environment." Mabu shook her head and glanced at the area she was resting in."I was just resting, but you could join me if you like?" Mabu wasn't a picky person and she wouldn't mind talking to another female.
OOC: Ugh. Short post, sorry.

"Okay, thanks!" the girl said without hesitation. "It's a nice day, isn't it? Perfect for hunting, fishing, running, or just sitting in the shade and talking! But please, no random chatter about pretty jewelry, or pretty clothing, or cute guy wolves, or anything like that. Just warning you, I'm not that kind of person."

Quite obviously, Arwen had no experience with other girls her age, so she felt the need to warn the other female about what irked her. She had seriously wounded a few other wolves in the past when they tried to coax her into being interested in those frivolous things. What was the point? They weren't going to make an impact in her life anyway.

"So anyways, once when I was hunting, I was being stalked by a big brown animal. I think they call it a bear? Well anyway, I caught a rabbit, and I was about to eat it, and I thought the bear was going to grab it from me, and I was scared. It was such a huge animal! Then it grabbed a bunch of berries from a branch hanging over my head. It was really weird..."
Mabu had a thoughtful look on her face and then shook her head, laughing."I assure you that you have no worry about me talking about...girly things. I don't even wear clothing or jewelry...and I've been on the move too much to even contemplate 'guys'" She shook her head in dismay at her lack of social interactions.

At the mention of bears Mabu tensed up and looked around the clearing in alarm. After being satisfied that there would be no bears popping out of nowhere, she sighed."You too? Those things seem to be everywhere in this place. I've ran in to three of them in the past week and a half that I've been here. One even chased me for hours! Even though I kinda deserve it for practically running him over....scared the crap out of both of us...they always pop up out of nowhere it seems." Mabu sighed and shook her head in dismay."Back in the Great Plains, bears weren't this big and silent. They were loud, stunk times worse, and were a whole lot smaller...sometimes I wonder what I stepped into this time." She slumped down at the memories of all the messes she's been in over the last few months. Coyotes, cougars, and bears OH MY!

Brushing a stray lock of gold from her face, Mabu smiled slightly at her memories. Even though she had been hurt countless times and dodged trouble more times than she could count, she wouldn't take back any of it. She may not have completed any world changing events, but she had completed a few events that had help a few lives in their troubles. She was far from perfect, but she knew she could be proud of what she had or tried to do. Looking over at her companion, she smiled,"So do you know where the local tribes are? I'd hate to accidentally stumble into a pack or tribe territory."
OOC: Yay, a not-so-fail post!

"M'kay, that'll work. I wear clothes, because it makes me uncomfortable to be naked. Just a pet peeve of mine. And guys..." she trailed off, and her eyes misted over. "I've had too many... bad experiences with guys." She was not about to go spreading her sadness all over the world to taint happy souls.

She was somewhat glad for the change in subject as the other female started to talk about bears. "Well, this is the forest, so I'd expect bears not to make as much noise. As for their difference in size, I've lived my whole life in this area, or in New Brunswick just neighboring here, so I don't really know about that. Are they a lot smaller, or just a little, in the Great Plains?" she asked. She loved asking about places that she was unfamiliar with, as stories of unfamiliar things amused her. "Maybe it's just that I haven't been to a lot of places. I wish I could tag along with a bunch of migrating wolves so I could travel more, it sounds fun." She voiced her thoughts aloud, something that she didn't do very often, but felt safe enough here to do it.

"And you asked about the packs and tribes. Well, I know a little bit about a couple of them, from exploring, but not a lot. I'll tell you everything I know though. There's one vicious looking pack composed mostly of coyotes that keeps skulls on the borders; I wouldn't go near that one. One of them is underground, in caves. I don't think you need to worry about trespassing into their lands too much, unless you go underground a lot. And there's Cercatori. It's mostly comprised of nice wolves who are learned in the arts, but there's been... an issue going on recently. Strangers aren't going to be welcomed very nicely."
[html]

Lol, I think this is the longest post I've written in a long while!

Mabu noted the sadness Arwen had to her first comment and made a note not to bring it up. She didn't like bringing sensitive subjects up if the other didn't want her to. Her belief was that if they wanted her to know or trust her with that knowledge...they'd tell her on their terms. Snapping back to reality, she thought about the size of bears in the Great Plains."I usually have very good intuition and I usually pay extra attention to my surroundings, but I've been thrown off by this new area. It's strange and new, completely different from what I'm use to...Well compared to grizzly bear they're much smaller. They're still bigger than canine in their lupus form and bigger than most in secui form. I've heard stories of a few grizzly bears making their way into the Great Plains, but I was always use to seeing their smaller cousins the black and brown bears."

Mabu smiled at her companions next comment and sighed."It was nice but in the areas I was wandering in mainly were surrounded by either tempermental coyotes," At that comment Mabu's scar twinged in memory and she lightly ran her fingers over it,"Or territorial wolf packs. It got so bad in those last few months that wandering canine rarely ventured through. Even I got tired of dodging claws and fangs and came up here, but not all places are like that. There was one area where the local packs got along well and even let wanderers warm themselves by their fires. It was those places that had always welcomed a helping hand. Other areas have a more neutral standing and keep fighting to a minimal."

Mabu thought about her last comment and frowned. She had learned of the coyote pack a few days prior so that wasn't new news to her. She hadn't heard of the underground wolf den but was intrigued by the thought of living underground. The Cercatori was new to her also, but it sounded like there was trouble brewing and she didn't have a wish to get her tail reattached in an uncomfortable manner."Sounds like if I ever need to approach that I'd need to wait until everything blows over." Mabu chuckled and smiled at her companion. "Thank you for telling me, I hate not knowing anything. It makes me feel like a pup again."Mabu got a thoughtful look on her face and grinned.I wonder if there's any good place to scavage...

Turning to Arwen she asked,"Do you know of any places where I can salvage old world items at?"

<style type="text/css">
.mabuleaf-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.mabuleaf b {font-weight:bold; color:#a79c62; letter-spacing:1px}
.mabuleaf p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.mabuleaf {margin:0 auto; background-color:#b9eec0; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/2h4dedl.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 200px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#587563; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #81a37b; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Evil plan... muahaha!

The girl listened as her companion described the bears, and though she had no experience with these things she felt like she understood pretty well. Bears couldn't vary too much in their physical characteristics anyway, could they? She decided to change the subject. "Did you see any owls or eagles where you lived? There's a lot of vicious birds around here. If they try to attack you, you should run."

Arwen stiffened at the mention of coyotes. "Ugh, yeah, I don't like coyotes either. There's some coyotes here too, and if you've had bad experiences with them you should stay away from them. Awfully bad tempered things, they are, but not all of them." At that comment she remembered that most coyotes were just as scared of her as she was of them, but what did she care? She held a certain grudge against those creatures. They may be no larger than her, but they could fight just as well as she could, or even better. Oh well, it was too nice a day to be too concerned about these things.

"No, actually I don't know any places you can do that at, sorry. I'm kind of new here too, but once I get more familiar with this place I can show you around, if you'd like. You would probably get along really well with some of my friends, and could help me freak some coyotes out!" she said, thinking of Slade and his obvious terror when it came to her.

<style type="text/css">
.arwenmadness b {font-weight:bold; color:#112539; letter-spacing:1px; }
.arwenmadness .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; color:#112539}
.arwenmadness p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.arwenmadness {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#44494b; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/wWQ56.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 200px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#836b4c; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Mabu thought about the birds from her homeland and laughed."The birds are pretty much the same except they have more hawks than eagles. I remember some packs had problems with the territorial hawks and walking into those lands was like constant duck and cover action. It was a mini war zone." Mabu shook her head at the memories of those vicious creatures and hoped that she wouldn't run into any territories run by them.

Mabu sobered up at the thought of coyotes and smiled softly. "Not all coyotes are bad or mean. My mentor was a coyote that saved my life and took me in as his own. He wasn't corrupted by the prejudice of others." Mabu sighed and frowned, thinking about the violent pack that had dealt Mabu her scar. "But there are packs out there that I dislike and try to avoid. If they wish help, I'll help them...but if not...I won't make the same mistake twice." Mabu sighed and her tail twitched. "Don't get me wrong though, I don't hate all coyotes! It's just that I'm cautious and distrustful of them. I won't be cruel to them if they are not deserving of it...but that doesn't mean I won't play pranks from time to time." Mabu smirked and glanced at Arwen. "I have no problem with pranking them from time to time," Mabu glared into the distance, deep in thought, "But I can't be outright cruel to them. It goes against my nature...and my oath." Mabu sighed and rolled her wrist, working the kink out of it. "But if you ever wish to pull a good prank...I'm all for it!"

<style type="text/css">
.mabuleaf-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.mabuleaf b {font-weight:bold; color:#a79c62; letter-spacing:1px}
.mabuleaf p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.mabuleaf {margin:0 auto; background-color:#b9eec0; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/2h4dedl.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 200px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#587563; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #81a37b; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]
OOC: This is way too short for me. My muse is dead though, so expect things this short for a while.

Arwen sighed, as she very rarely agreed with anyone. Yet she had to say that the female was right, that not all coyotes were bad or evil. It was just one of the many stereotypes that she had thought up because of the hundreds, the thousands of injuries coyotes had caused her. She was the warrior, the girl on fire, and she was not noted for her kindness. And she was still determined to live, to hate, and to never forget why she had been spared from death so many times.

"I wouldn't really hurt coyotes either, unless they tried to kill me or something. But I certainly have no problem with scaring the hell out of them once in a while, you get what I mean? You said something about an oath... sorry to be nosy, but what was your oath? Was it something important?" The girl was not above being rude once in a while, and oaths interested her, as they taught her so much about others.
(OOC: Lol we all have our moments of glory.)

Mabu had a thoughtful look on her face and then nodded. "Yeah I could so see me scaring the crap out of an unsuspecting coyote. I probably wouldn't do anything to horrible though. I'm terrible at scaring people past a certain point." Mabu scratched the back of her head sheepishly.

Looking off into the distance she thought over Arwen's last question carefully. Sighing she mentally she shrugged and smiled softly at her companion. "Remember when I mentioned my coyote mentor? Back when I was a young 6 month old pup, all the local packs had contracted some old canine disease- including my own pack. I watched as slowly one by one each of my pack die within a matter of three days. I was the last in my pack to still be living and even then it was a close call. I don't exactly remember the details, but the old coyote happened up me. He risked his own health to save me and save me he did. While he was nursing me back to health, he even burried the remains of my family. He was selfless in his desire to help me and when I was well enough to travel, he took me in as his own and raised me. He taught me to read, to write, to help others....and he even hunted for me and kept me safe from danger. All because of this one male, this one coyote...he helped me survive, gave me another chance at life. I didn't want him to ever regret saving me and so on his death bed I made an oath to never let him down and to always help others. This was something I believed whole heartedly and I knew I could live with it happily." Mabu sighed sadly at the memory of her mentor and took out her two books from her hip bag. "These are the only things I have of him...he gave me these before he died...they serve as a memory of my oath and so even to this day I try to help others, even at the cost of my health. I just hope he's proud of me." Mabu carefully put the two worn books away.