Joining
Character Birthdate: 2010 (He is between 12 and 15 months old- he's not quite sure.)

Species: Canis Lupis Italicus

Preferred Ark Rank: Cuoco

A Secondary Form of Contact: I don't have one. Sad

Currently Played Characters: This one.

How You Found 'Souls: I once played a similar game, but the owner left and closed the site. So I used Google to find similar games and found this!

Initial Post: The brick red wolf darted towards the cover of the Border Tree. He looked around. No one was there. That was good. It meant that he hadn't been caught yet. The day before, he had wandered into the wrong area. Apparently, he wasn't supposed to be there. He had been chased by a couple of coyotes, but it seemed they were no longer following him. For the time being, the shade of the large tree would provide a good place to rest. He was about to settle down when he noticed the markings on the tree. This land was occupied.

It seemed the wolfs in the area were artists. That was good. He had also been an artist, before he left his old home. His family had lived in an abandoned human zoo for as long as he could remember. But then came the day his parents had been killed. A pack from outside had attacked, and he was the only one of the small Italian pack to survive. Now he was on his own. If the pack accepted him, he could use his skills to help them. And he would also have a home.
[html]
Hello, and welcome to Souls and Cercatori d'Arte!

Recent events had been brewing in the pack, and Skye was more depressed than normal. The steely hardness the day of the pack meeting had worn off, and she was left a hollow woman. She was also pregnant - although it wasn't very visible yet, one could tell if they looked hard. Today, she wasn't concerned about it, although she was far, far more depressed than she should have been. Argul, the horrible man, had been caught...she had never guessed that it had been him, but she knew that she'd be more wary, especially because of the pups.

She then scented unfamiliar scents on the wind. Racing towards it on optime feet, she eventually came face to face with a male red wolf. He was sitting beneath the border tree, seeming to just be resting. After the pack murders, however, and the revealing of what seemed to be an innocent wolf...she couldn't be sure. She walked carefully behind him, emerging from the leaves. "You are on the borders of Cercatori d'Arte, my pack," she said. "May I help you?"

<style type="text/css">
.skyeforest b {font-weight:bold; color:#fff; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #2F3C17;}
.skyeforestooc {text-align:right;font-style:italic; padding: 5px 10px 5px 10px;}
.skyeforest p {text-indent:25px; padding:1px 10px 1px 10px; margin:0px;}
.skyeforest {margin:0 auto; width:397px; background-color:#4E6617; background-image:url(http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/6222/avatarho.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #C8FF87; padding: 10px 0px 270px 0px; font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#C8FF87; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
.skyeforest-border {width:399px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
</style>[/html]
The Italian wolf jumped up in surprise. "What? What do you want?" He shouted. She had startled him. "Where am I?" he asked in a worried voice. "I have no idea where I am. I hope it's okay for me to rest here, I'm really tired." He yawned. He looked at the tree again and realized for the second time that he was on claimed territory. He started backing away. "I guess I'm trespassing on your pack's land." He knew they were artists, like himself, but he knew they could still be dangerous. "I should probably get going again." As he started walking away, he had an idea. Maybe they could find some use for his skills. "Does your pack have a chef?" He questioned her. "Before my family was killed I had been learning from them how to cook. I'm already fairly good. It seems to run in my family." He looked at the female optime, trying to figure out what she was thinking. In the silence, he suddenly had the feeling that he had talked to much. He leaned against the tree, waiting for an answer.
[html]

Skye relaxed a bit - the male didn't seem to show any ill-will towards the pack or herself, and he didn't even seem to know exactly where he was. He did look a bit confused, as if he'd traveled a long way before settling down here, and he was near the borders enough for it not to be considered trespassing - he also looked very, very tired. She then smiled warmly at him as he said that he was trespassing, and should leave. He then started to walk away - Skye was alright with that, then, as long as he didn't cause any harm to her or her pack like the vicious and horrible Argul had. This newcomer seemed nice, even if he wasn't going to stay.

But then again...perhaps he would. It seemed that he turned around and asked if Cercatori d'Arte...had a cook? "We have a rank for cooks, although we don't have one at the moment," she said excitedly. She had never met a cook before, and it'd be exciting to have on in her pack. "Are you interested in joining the pack? If so, there's room for you to join - we're a pack of the arts, and we welcome any and all who love them as much as we do." Her pack was growing fairly large, she reflected - many members, almost as much as the larger packs such as Dahlia de Mai and Inferni had.

<style type="text/css">
.skyeforestooc {text-align:right;font-style:italic; padding: 5px 10px 5px 10px;}
.skyeforest {margin:0 auto; width:397px; background-color:#4E6617; background-image:url(http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/6222/avatarho.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #C8FF87; padding: 10px 0px 270px 0px; font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#C8FF87; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]
When the female invited him to join the pack, Bruciare suddenly felt like a large weight had been lifted from his back. He would no longer be running from everything. He could settle down and forget the past. It seemed that he had found the perfect pack, with many wolfs that enjoyed the same things he did. The fact that they had no cook was what really appealed to him. He could start right away with improving their meals. Just like his family had done.

He stared off into space for a while, thinking about his life, both past, present, and future. A small fly buzzing around his head brought him back into reality. "I would love to join your pack. Thank you for being so..." he paused to find the right word. At the moment, he was just relieved he would have a safe place to stay, but he was also happy that he had been accepted into something larger. Before, he had had a small family pack, and then he was on his own. But now he had... He realized again that he hadn't finnished his sentence, and continued "... kind." That was it. The word he meant to say. This wolf had taken him in, a lone wolf tresspassing on her pack's territory, and given him a place in the pack.

After he was done thinking, he asked her to explain more about the pack and how it worked. His species usually lived in small family groups, and this whole idea of a larger group was still fairly new to the young wolf. But he knew he would fit in perfectly.
[html]

Skye could tell by the way the man's face brightened immediately that she had done good for him - he seemed to have needed a home, and Skye loved to give people a home when they didn't have one. She remembered when she was alone and had no one, and she was delighted when she finally had a place to call home - she wanted to do the same for as many people as she could, even if some of them found this a temporary home before they moved on to somewhere else, like some often did.

She was delighted that the man found the home to be good for him, and that he wanted to be a part of it. He then asked more about the pack and the way it worked, which made Skye happy to see a member that was interested in Cercatori d'Arte this deeply. "Well," she said, "Everyone in the pack has an art rank - while yours is Cuoco, or cook, others may be writers, painters, singers, or dancers," she said, her mind turning to herself, Sankara, Sky, and Valinta in turn as she listed the different types of artists. "We all live in the territory of Cercatori d'Arte and help each other out when the other needs help, and participate in pack hunts and things like that. It's like we're a big family, all working together and helping each other," she finished, satisfied with her small speech.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Congratulations! You've been accepted into the craziest bunch of roleplayers on the vast Internet! Please remember to make your first In Character post within five days.

Not sure where or how to start roleplaying? You can check the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for a list of open threads, as well as tons of people looking to plot out adventures with your new character! You can also start your own thread and see what kinds of interesting characters turn up for you. If you haven't already, please update your profile with detailed information on your character -- it'll help others get a feel for him/her, which in turn will help generate thread ideas.

You can also start doing other cool things like:

• Earning Word of the Day points, which can get you custom titles and even icons!
  • Fulling requirements for the Catacombs, our IC and OOC achievement system.
  • Participate in general chats and discussions in OOC Garbage.

You can find general roleplay help and guidelines, as well as a wealth of information on our werewolves and the 'Soulsverse on the RP Guide. Don't feel pressured to read it all at once though! The guide is a huge resource and is meant to be used as a reference for various aspects of the game. If you're feeling lost or confused, don't hesitate to post a question in Roleplay Aides, or to seek out a Mentor.

The Italian wolf, now officially the only cook in the pack of Cercatori d'Arte, thanked her for the explanation and for accepting him into the pack. Ideas of what he would do in his new home raced through his head as he set off to expolre the territory of the pack that he was now a part of.

(OOC: Is this too short? I'm kinda tired right now, and -Yawn- I'm supposed to be working on a project for my english class. (YOU DIDN"T HEAR ANYTHING! :| ))