You can't survive on just crabapples
He hesitated. Tayui didn’t know if this was good, bad, or none of the above. Maybe she’d crossed some sort of line no intelligent murderer or badass would cross. And that was what she wanted to be, wasn’t it? A murderer? That was what she would become, so was she making these stupid, elementary mistakes? She didn’t know since she didn’t think she could just ask him if this was a weird suggestion. But that moment’s hesitation caused her to question herself, so suddenly, she felt very insecure.

When he asked her, she knew the game was up. He’d know right away that she had only training in terms of experience and that she hadn’t ever had to fight for her life – not really – not since Hybrid attacked her.

He would know.

“I’ll find them,” she replied, “and make them pay. You’ll come with me when I need you. I can set it up and then you can take them down. Ambushing them could suffice. I’m not looking for them to have a noble death in the least.” They’ll get what they deserve. She had no qualms about letting this wolf do the actual work because she knew she was not skilled enough to do it. But she could lure and she could trap; if anything, she could at least hunt. However, he would have to make the kill.
Although she seemed a little put off, her reply sounded confident and eased the assassin's mind a bit. A smile crept its way upon his face as he continued rolling the idea around in his head. "Alright, madam, I believe we could both profit from this. I clear up my debt, and you can watch them die before you." He said, then reached out his right hand, offering it up for a handshake. "You find my targets, and, if possible, get me close. I'll do everything in my power to bring them down, and remove them from you life." The man was more than confident he could bring down the wolves she had targeted.

And so here was, pretty much agreeing to put his life in his nameless associate’s hands. Whether she was true to her word, or she was planning to damn him, he would just have to find out. Even if it was a trap, he knew fight his way to freedom, or die trying. He was not going to be a slave again.
I think that about wraps this up? Thanks for the thread! Big Grin

A vicious grin flashed across her face before she shook her head in a quick nod in agreement. The grin disappeared, a minute microexpression that was merely fleeting, but held much more truth than any of her other more sustained expressions. She hid too much, but that wasn't a problem for her. She didn't mind.

When he spoke of profit, she let out a quiet bark of laughter. Using words like payments and accrued debts made her sound like some sort of loan shark and she liked it. She rewarded him with a shark-like grin: all teeth and no smile. He understood what needed to be done and she was glad he was willing. She wasn't sure how much she valued his skills. At first, it had seemed like an equal payment, but then she had worried herself silly, offering up other ways to even it out. But now that she thought about it, it had to be equal: knowledge was power and the ability to silence one was another form of knowledge.

"I will do this," she agreed. "Until next time, Drizzt," she added in farewell. She paused for a moment to check to see if she had anything else to say; she did not, so she turned and trotted away.