how we gonna pay
Noah was been wanting to go out more and more, Lucifer took him further and further each time, and each time he would make him go back to the den, the last time the male had gone back but today he wasn't feeling up for a trip around the lands. Lucifer lifted his head as he looked around, this time was the first he had been away from the boy went and talked to his old alpha. It was good to see she was doing well, and she was happy. That's all that mattered...right? The male yawned, fatherhood was hard work, Noah had a much harder time with him, then he had the right to have. No wonder he wasn't there any more.

Lucifer stopped at the shore line looking to the water, he resting his body in the shore line, just at the crest of where the waves came to shore. Heck at this rate he just might stay here over the night, and once he wakes bath and then do some hunting for Deuce and the pups, surely she would be ready to pull her head out after he got back, and surely he woud be having his tail chewed off for being out so late.
[html]

I take it Lucifer is in wolf shape? If not, I'll have to edit a little ^.^

Hate hate hate hate. Umbra hated all those freaks. If he never saw another one in his whole life, he'd be happy. They should die, all of them. Especially that one who had humiliated him and made him surrender and run away like a coward. He was still limping, and his black fur was matted with dried, dirt-crusted blood. How much of it was his and how much of it was the other's, he didn't know. And he didn't much care to know, either.

He'd been heading for the sea now for a while. Sure, there'd been rain, but it had only served to spread the dirt even further into his fur, and it hadn't nearly taken off the stench. Sure, there'd been puddles, but they'd been just as dirty as him, and it didn't help much for his belly. Sure, he could have tried licking himself clean, but it hurt too much to contort himself into the positions necessary for that. So he'd been heading for the sea, for a possibility to get himself clean again.

So focused on washing off the blood-stained mud and urine was he that he didn't even notice the other male* on the beach -- subconsciously he did, of course. He wasn't stupid or nose-blind. But he didn't notice the other -- but simply headed for the water, wincing a little at its chill when he stepped into it to his neck.

The waves were lapping at him, sometimes threatening to cover him completely, but Umbra just closed his eyes and focused on the feel of the sand under his paws and the soothing water gradually removing all the excess gunk from his body. It wouldn't get rid of it all, of course. Not without some effort on Umbra's side. But it was a start, and the icy coolness spread into his body and made the still aching wounds sting a little. In a good way, of course.

Standing there for as long as he dared, he then turned and dragged himself up on the beach. He lightly shook the water off, careful not to jar his sore spots too much. And then he noticed the other black wolf.

Was this a wolf? Or was it another of those creatures? Umbra could feel himself shrink back a little, and could have bitten himself. He would not let his recent defeat fill him with fear. And so, as if to prove to himself that he wasn't scared, he buffed himself up and approached the other wolf.

"Hello," he said calmly, drawing in the other's scent. His paw twitched a little mid-stride as he recognized the same pack scent as on the other female** he'd met earlier. In addition to a more... 'personal touch' of her scent. Oh.

*) It confused me a bit as to whether Lucifer was alone, or if he was with Noah, but I think I deduced that he was alone.
**) There is a thread with Deuce planned to have happened before this, after all =)
[/html]
The four legged male looked from his dazed state of mind hearing the voice, his head snapped towards the voice, as he took a step back stunned a bit, other wasn't sure if this was something that Colibri, or Deuce had sent after him, to have him killed for sleeping around, he couldn't help it, he just wanted the female in the lands to be happy, and the older one where wiser, and they knew how it was to have a broken heart so he would have to do his duty as a male to make them happy.

The male dipped his maw only for a second, out here, he was nothing, out here the pack would not hear his call if he was being attack, though would they want him in the pack if he wasn't about to be faithful to the one female that was in his life. He blue eyes scanned the as he tried to get an idea of this male, there was none, he smelt like the lands, that meant he was a loner, Lucifer offered up a humble smile. Thankful that Noah was back at the den with his mother and brother.
[html]

The other didn't reply, only nodded at him. Perhaps he was like that strange one he'd met before? he ruminated. Perhaps he couldn't speak Umbra's language? So he gave the other male a friendly smile, although more of the kind you'd give a puppy or an idiot rather than one to another adult. After all, there was the off chance that this actually was a wolf, despite hanging out with that very obvious non-wolf he'd met earlier.

"Hello," he repeated, sitting down on his rump. "I am Umbra. And you?" To make it obvious what he was talking about, he did like that Red something and pointed first to himself and then to the other wolf with his paw. It disgusted him to take instruction from a freak, but what else could he do? Other than walk away, of course.

[/html]
The smiled the black male gave him was the same that he had given his childern. The blue eyed male narrowed his eyes upon him, though making the wiser of the two choices not to say any thing about that manner, after all if he was sent by Deuce he had to be some what simple. The male watched him his eyes not leaving the male alone. "Lucifer, Lucifer Sawtooth." The male lowered his head, making sure not to try to start any thing the male smacking his lips as he shifted his weight around. "What's your name stranger?"
[html]

Am going to not be as fast in this thread, since I want to know more certain what will happen in the thread with Deuce... It could, after all, affect this thread a lot ^^;

Alright, so the other wolf did at least understand him. Though he'd obviously not been listening. Otherwise he'd have heard Umbra introducing himself. Or maybe -- Umbra almost snorted -- he was paying Umbra back for treating him like a child?

"Like I said," he stated calmly, refusing to let the other rile him with his ribald sense of humor, "my name's Umbra." After hesitating for a moment, he decided he might as well explain. "I apologize if you took offense; when you didn't reply at first, I thought you might not be too familiar with the language. I met another fellow a while back who wasn't."

There, that should satisfy etiquette, should it not? While Umbra wasn't too keen on being polite with the freaks -- he suspected this one was, too, especially if he was involved in some way with that female he'd met earlier -- he'd learned a temporary lesson with the one who assaulted him. And that lesson was not, as one might assume, that it's better to be polite. No, it was that it's better not to get caught being impolite.

[/html]
He shifted his weight around upon his four legs. Looking to the wolf in front of him. He looked at him like he would his own pups. It was strange for Lucifer to look at any new being he was meeting not to treat them like his kids. They at the point of first meeting where with out sin, and where neither good nor bad upon his list. "Some times a wolf in thoughts and a wolf who don't understand you can be looking the same...though it's foolish to treat them the same." So maybe Lucifer wasn't going about the right way of making friends with this new male. There was a hint of rudeness in his voice, but the black father with out care.

Lucifer sat down looking to the other male, still trying to figure out if his life was on the line of if this was just a casual meeting between the two males. He wouldn't stop thinking about this either.
[html]

"That's true," Umbra agreed with a nod. "And I'm sorry for my assumption.

Why was he apologizing? It had been an honest mistake, and he shouldn't take the blame for it. He shivered slightly -- disguising his shiver as a final attempt to get water out of his fur -- at the thought of what had happened earlier that day. He never, ever, wanted something like that to happen again. And so he wouldn't take the submissive role in this conversation. No matter how rude the other was.

He could have sat down, but he didn't. He could have offered his friendship (though why he should, he had no idea), but he didn't. Instead he just stood there. And then he asked. Mostly because it gave them something to talk about, and because it would either confirm or deny his suspicions.

"The pup... Taliesin? Is he yours?"

[/html]