[M] Life, Pain...Same Thing?
[html]BACKDATED TO THE 4th...

He saw the pain, the blood and heard the screams. He was absolutely helpless. His sister was tied at the wrists, pinned up on a large bare tree. The attackers had stripped her and raped his poor sister, and big brother Aleo had to watch it all. He couldn't move. They held him back. They had completely tortured his sister. Made her bleed. Finally they slit her throat. An anguished cry escaped his lips as the life was sucked from his sister. "No!" He still couldn't do anything. The attackers did nothing to him, but there was nothing left to live for. His family was dead. Absolutely gone. And there was nothing he could do about it. They made him see everything, the images to forever haunt his soul....

Aleo bolted up from the sleeping furs, he was breathing heavily and his heart rate was wild. He glanced around at the area, the night remained calm and quiet and not a sound to be heard but his heart and breathing. It would be a horrible waste to try to go back to sleep, he would toss and turn and stay awake the whole night. When the dark male had calmed down, he got up and gathered dry wood around his feet, putting it all into a pile with some dry grass. He lit a small fire and nursed it to life and it flickered slowly to a large crackling fire. Now Aleo didn't know why he hung around Ichika, at first he didn't know why he wanted to make his home there. But when he had came across a group of women who lived there, there was this one...She was shy and the love for her pup seemed to kindle a fire in his heart. At least someone was happy. He sat back on the furs he had for a bed and let a small sigh escape. Somehow she had worked her way into his mind, maybe she reminded him of his sister. If he could, he would have tried to stay. But she wouldn't want him near her or her pup. He knew that he was too messed up for that. But She had survived. He had heard mention of her name a couple of times and that was when it came to mind. "Shiloh." He whispered the name and thought, "Nah, she doesn't want me." It was a fairly pretty name.As the fire warmed him, he lay back in his furs and looked at the sky. The night sky was clear and many stars were twinkling in their funny subtle way.

He closed his violet eyes and breathed in. At his side was his sword, it came in handy for many things. He had been attacked by a bear not too long ago, the wounds were pretty fresh on his chest. He handled it pretty well, 200 pounds of raw muscle kind of came in handy. Aleo was afraid that they were going to be infected. He was a fighter, not a healer. He knew nothing of healing herbs or things to help. Well at least he wore a bandage over it, he had torn a shirt and wrapped it carefully, wincing slightly when he tightened it. Just another lonely night in paradise....

The boy lay back on his bedding and sighed. He closed his eyes and just breathed, everything was alright, but it had come to a shock for him, as he had not very many friends.
[/html]
It was another one of those restless nights. She had let Sarian sleep with Kiara and left the house, taking her dagger and some herbs with her. She had had a dream about the strange male she had met outside the boarders, the same day she had found Sarian. Something was telling her to find him, to heal him. In her dream she knew something was wrong with him and it had brought her out of her sleep. She had left in the night and went to search for the man, Aleo.

She had been out there for a few hours, calling him, when she came upon him. She didn't want to bother him at first but when he whispered her name she decided to answer,"You said my name... I remember you.... Aleo... oh god your injured" she was able to say before rushing over to the man. Her hands hovered over his chest, her lime green eyes glowing in the early morning light. He had tried to cover the wounds, the blood soaking though.... that had been the reason she had to find him. He was hurt. "Let me heal you. I can take your pain away.... but I understand if you don't want me to touch you. I am a monster..." she whispered pulling away and sitting back on her haunches.
[html]

AWWW...

The next thing he knew, it was morning, the nightmares he had the night before must've ceased and let him sleep in peace. As the charcoal man sat up and opened his eyes, the feeling of peace was interrupted as the wound on his chest opened. A figure came through the copse of trees, the mist partially concealing a small figure. Emerald eyes glowed with the white light and he rubbed his eyes to make sure that he wasn't still asleep. A familiar scent reached his black nose and Aleo was shocked as the woman, Shiloh came from the area as if called. He did nothing as her hands fluttered over his wounds, she sounded worried. A half smile played over his lips and he looked up, "It's you...Shiloh. How did you remember me?" At mention of his injuries, he looked at the bloody bandages on his chest and murmured "Ah, just a mama bear who got a little pissy...I didn't see her cubs near me." He became more serious and frowned slightly when Shiloh called herself a monster. He had an impulse to reach up and touch her cheek to try and comfort her, but he resisted. He didn't see her that way, it surprised him that she had thought of herself that way. She wasn't a monster to him, in fact he had thought her attractive when he had first lain eyes on her. No...Shhh...You're not a monster, don't say that...I don't want to hear you say that when I can hear...I don't think you're a monster." This time he reached up, and touched her hair, if she pulled away then he wouldn't mind.

Aleo had felt a little awkward when he had touched the woman, maybe she wouldn't like it. "I'm sorry...I-I just felt something..." The male apologized for what he had done and felt a little guilty. He cleared his throat and looked at the woman sitting in front of him. "How's Sarian? And the rest of Ichika?" He had remembered the name of the tiny starved pup when it was found, the look that Shiloh had on her face seemed to be so happy as she held the tiny wolf, seeing that made him happy. "Shiloh..." He couldn't say any more, blood was soaking through the old bandages. What a nincompoop he was with ladies and healing. [/html]

He was just coming out of his sleep. The look he gave her... it was so soft and full of...full what? The smile he gave her was soft and made her heart race. Why did he have this effect on her? She listened to his words and gave him a weak smile. She knew his wounds were from a bear. But when his hand came up to calm her, she couldn't stop her tears. He couldn't mean what he said to her. She was so scarred and disfigured but he had touched her with out fear and revolsion. Oh how she had longed for someone to touch her like he did. His touch was her undoing.

So when he pulled away and apologized she whined and brought his hand back up, laying it gently on her cheek."You are the first to not find me repulsive. I have been hurt so much..." she whispered softly before leaning and licking him softly. No... why did she just do that? She pulled away suddenly and looked down. She started pulling out her bowl to mix herbs and some water. She couldn't find it n herself to answer his questions as she started mixing herbs that got rid of pain and any infection he might have. She stopped and went to work cutting off his bandages with her dagger, her hands shaking slightly as Kavi threatened to take over.
[html]

At Shiloh's tears, Aleo's heart took over. When the woman pulled back his hand and put it back on her face, he had to give a gentle smile. Despite his mind telling him that this was too early an they didn't know eachother well, he wrapped his arms around her, hopefully to comfort her. He hated seeing anyone cry, it surprised him when she gave him a small kiss, his dark tail thumped against the ground and he foun d himself returning the gesture by catching the tip of her nose with his pink tongue. He pulled back, bashful and shy. He couldn't let them go too far.Come on, the only one? I-I must see you very differently. I think you're beautiful." He meant his words, his voice was strong and full of concern. "Don't cry...Whoever said that or hurt you...they don't know a thing." As she worked with his injuries, cutting away the makeshift bandage he had made with the dagger, he didn't know what to think. The herbs had an effect on him, the stinging pain was replaced with a cool numbness. The man could see that she indeed was a skilled healer. It appeared that she didn't want to answer his questions, but it didn't bother him the least. It did concern him though, maybe something had happened to Sarian and she didn't want to talk about it. Aleo sure hoped that the little puppy was alive and well, he did believe so as Shiloh was nurturing and helping him with his wounds. She was capable of nursing an orphaned pup back to life. "W-We don't know eachother well, yet you make me feel different. You have an effect on me, I cannot see why anyone was cruel to you." Aleo did want her to open up and talk to him. She seem to be struggling with something, maybe he could help. He was indeed joining Ichika no Ho-en, maybe he could visit her on occasion, check up on the tiny pup Shiloh cared for and meet the rest of the pack.

The boy's ears pinned back over his mop of black hair as he looked to the young woman in front of him. How did you find me? You seemed to know something was wrong..." When he said her name, she appeared. He felt the need to fix up the rough spots in her life, to help her feel happy. But she probably wouldn't want him around. His past was too rough, the massacre of his younger sister and family kept him unhappy, he had killed someone and crippled another. He thought it was right at the time, but he regretted it much to am extent. He felt happy now, Aleo hadn't felt like this in so long.[/html]

His warmth enveloped her and she found herself not wanting him to let her go. She leaned into him, his scent, his warmth slowly undoing the knot so many others had left in her chest. Why did he want her so much? Why did she want to stay in his arms and lose herself in he touch and kindness. He kissed her softly and she pressed her nose to his. Too soon he was pulling away from her and Shiloh repressed a whine. It was his compliment that threw her off. Her? Beautiful? She was too scarrec physically and emotionally to believe his words but the concern and complete senserity of her words hit home. He honestly thought she was beautiful.[/color]"You... can't mean th...that. I am too scarred to be beautiful. No one would want to deal with me."[/color]she whispered as she put the herb solution on his chest.

As she wrapped his chest his words made her shake and bite her bottom lip to surpress all her need and hurt. He didn't want to listen to her heartache and hurt. She just wanted to finish and leave before she said too much, before she went too far and started to hurt again because she wanted to feel so thing other then the damnible pain Saxif and Rain had left in her wake. "People are cruel... what makes you any different. I came to you because for one I wasn't having a nightmare and you came into my dreams, hurt and alone. I was drawn to you. Sarian is alive because you made my group rush inside. Why? Why am I drawn to you. Wh.... she stopped herself from ketti g everything go and pulled away, standing and turning away from him as Kavi flashed in her eyes. let met at him. Shiloh he might hurt you! I just want you happy.... Kavi yelled in her head as she hugged herself.
[html]VERY SHORT, LIMITED TIME FOR POSTING....

The male felt fluttery and rather shy, something burned in Shiloh's eyes. Raw emotion and feeling. She clung to him when he pulled her into an embrace. This was sudden, but it felt right. No Shiloh...I do mean what I say...Others, they look at the world with different eyes. They judge us by everything and use it against us. I'm not the same....You are-beautiful." He touched her cheek in a gentle motion, hoping that he was doing everything right. He hadn't felt this way before, like it was his responsibility to care and protect Shiloh. Like she was his. But of course she wouldn't want him, for once he ha a real sense of peace, of love. He wanted to hear everything and listen to what she had to say, he clung to every word that the woman said. The boy reached for her hand after she had finished wrapping his injuries. When she turned it confused him, did he do something wrong? His ears went back again, he wasn't discouraged or even angry. He put a gentle hand on her shoulder. He would never do her harm, he smiled gently and said Shiloh, What's wrong? I can listen..." He was gentle and kind, he sure hoped that she would stay a little while.

He lay back in the sleeping furs for a second, thinking, he took something from his bag in a flash, producing a small bracelet with little wooden charms dangling around it, little wooden animals like an eagle, wolf, bear, fox and owl. He had made it a year ago for his sister, but after Marika was killed, he kept it ever since. He walked around Shiloh an took one of her hands. Here." He quickly fastened it around her wrist and nodded, It was my sister's before she was killed. I want you to have it." He kept it for months after his sister died and since he had never worn it, he decided to give it to te woman in front of him. he knew that she could take good care of it.[/html]

Beautiful.... the word sounded weird when directed to her. She let him hold her, touch her softly. She wanted to be loved. It was simple to say and so hard for her to obtain. She fought down Kavi and turned back to him. Would he really love her? When she turned to him, begging for understanding. Her eyes glowed softly and she pressed her nose to his. "Please... don't hurt me. I just want to be loved... Sarian is the only on who sees me differently. You...want me? Why would you want someone as disfigured as me." she whispered. She found her heart racing again, her eyes lowered. She wanted him to touch her like she mattered.

She pulled away but he touched her and tied a bracelet to her wrist. It was hand crafted rather well and he told her it was his dead sisters. No she couldn't take something g from him. But it felt right to have it and she smiled weakly before hugging him softly. It was hard for her to accept him but he made her feel different and she needed someone like him in her life.
[html]

Aleo looked at her strangely beautiful lime eyes, the boy smiled when she lowered her eyes in a shy manner. The bracelet fit her well and she accepted his gift. Although shy, Aleo brought a dark grey hand up to her face, cradling the side of her head. He knew it, he was a goner. "Shiloh, I don't base everything on looks...That's not what I do.To me you're not ugly or disfigured, you are beautiful, you may not think so...But I do. You should believe in yourself. You also have a kind heart. Those are the things that I see." The young coy-wolf smiled and held her hand. He felt warm inside, his heart raced. His tail waved shyly and he was the next one to look away shyly.

Aleo set up another fire, when it crackled and made little popping noises, he put a big cast iron pan on some big rocks. He threw some slabs of fresh deer meat in the pan and sat back. "You want some? I can make you some breakfast." As the meat cooked, Aleo shuffled closer to Shiloh."Tell me about yourself. Where are you from?" Aleo was minding what she wanted, small touches and hugs were all. He didn't want to take things too far too fast, all he wanted to do was get to know Shiloh. What did she like? Favorite things? What did she like to do?"I care about you...Ever since I first saw you, I cared. I-I...really do.". The words felt strange, unused. What if she pushed him away? Didn't want him around her daughter? Violet eyes burned with sincerity. He meant everything he said. He accepted everything about her, he never thought of her as ugly or even disfigured. And he swore he never would "Shi, I accept you for who you are...I can't see how others wouldn't. They must be crazy."Large ears flattened against his skull as he said the words, he meant them. Would she believe him?

[/html]
She didn't say anything as he cupped her cheek. She hugged him and leaned softly against his chest, inhaling his scent. He wanted her. When he took her hand in his, so big and warm and unafraid she whimpered softly. Saxif may of made her feel loved and her hot but the heat Also made her feel.... this was different. She had loved Saxif a lot but in the end Saxif was not her mate. She couldn't accept Kavi.... Kavi... when she had told Saxif of Kavi she had left her, killed her inside. Aleo would do the same if she told him. He pulled away and Shiloh let him. He put food on the fire and offered her some. She just shook her head yes and lay down on his furs next to him.

She rolled over and touched a finger to his muzzle. "Where I am from is gone to me Aleo. Who I am doesn't matter. You wouldn't be able to handle all of me. My mate left me because she couldn't accept me. I am so broken because of what others have done to me. You care? If you really saw who I was... could you find it in you to love me?" she whispered trailing a hand softly over his chest, knowing it was numb from her herbs. He would have scars... he was so nice and handsome and he would have scars. She buried her face in his chest, shaking with unshed tears
[html]

The boy let her cuddle against him, listened to her speak. He wrapped an arm around her shoulders and looked her straight in the eye as she spoke. "Of course I would accept you. I do care. All I want is. To care for you. I-I love you Shiloh." He said the words slowly,it was the first time he had told anyone that he had loved them. Saying the words, trying them ou carefully, they sounded like he meant them. The words sounded right to say. The man sighed and when the meat was cooked, he dished the slabs of meat onto two small clay plates and passed one to Shiloh. He cared about her. It was like his responsibility was to keep her safe and happy. Her scent was sweet and he before eating rested his head against hers, breathing in her scent. The sense of closeness made him happy. He ate his meat and after finishing, he lay back in the furs, watching the cloudy sky. He sighed happily and found himself sitting back up again, watching over Shiloh's shoulder in a protective way. The man touched her shoulder softly and stayed quiet. He hadn't felt like this much before, that he adored someone so much that he wanted to be with them. His ears flicked at every noise, making sure that there would be no threats to either of them. "Oh Shiloh, I would accept you no matter what." Aleo smiled at his words, happy that they made sense and that he meant them. He truly was captivated by the woman beside him. He gave he a soft quick kiss on the nose, showing that he cared.

The day was beginning to start, he stretched and looked down at his newly wrapped and taken care of wounds. "I need to do something in return. You did a good job of taking care of me." He was grateful for her help, happy that somehow Shiloh knew that he was hurt. He could sense how she felt, it made him feel equally. When she moved against him and started to sob, he placed a hand on her back and held her. Trying to comfor the lady before him. He made soft sounds of reassurance and comfort, and gave her a hug. It hurt him to see her this way, sad and lonely. "I'm here for you." He whispered the words to her, telling her that he would always be there for her. [/html]

She knew he meant what he said and she flimched. Love was a strong word when he didn't know her condition. She took the plate from him and kept quiet. She couldn't love him yet. She ate the rather tasty deer meat in silence,her heart too heavy for words. How could she tell him? Why did her heart beg for him to understand? He was so... kind and lovable and she put her food down before leaning him back and kissing him with a passion she though she had lost to Saxif. She rubbed her cheek against his, rubbed herself against him. She wanted his scent on her, wanted to be claimed by him, loved by him."Aleo...... I have a split personality. She protects me. She knows I am too weak right now to be alone. Sarian....she is healing my heart but its not the same to how you make me feel. I don't feel so lonely with you around. I don't feel as empty..." she whispered as she nibbled his neck and nipped at his ear. Her hands trailed over his chest and down his sides, feeling his muscles ripple under her. Why couldn't she have him? She lay next to him, curled against his left side, a small shiver running though her.

Her fur was still too thin and she was still really sickly looking. She yawned softly before standing and shifting, her bones rearranging into her secui form. She was small and she went back to her spot, her head resting just below his bandaged chest. Being with him brought her calm and she started to get drowsy. She hadn't slept in days, her nightmares and Sarian keeping her awake. She watched his face, memorized it. He might be her future mate. He might love her... she blinked slowly before another yawn took her and she fell asleep to his heart beat.
[html]

She spoke of having a multiple personality. He considered the different personalities and then looked at Shiloh. He listened to her words and thought of Sarian. She was alive and well. "Multiple personality? No I wouldn't leave you for that. You make me feel happy and not so deserted from the world." He brought his muzzle to her forehead and brushed it lightly with his tongue. No he wouldn't judge her for that. He noticed that she flinched when he confessed to her. Aleo did wonder if she didn't feel as strongly. It did not phase him though. The boy was surprised when Shiloh rubbed her body against his, her scent now masked by his. When she kissed him, he felt light and like he was floating. He emulated her, planting a kiss on her muzzle.He put the cooking apparatus away and returned to the furs. He nuzzled at her neck and stopped before anything else. By now Shiloh had stood up and shifted to Secui. Aleo couldn't help but feel loving towards Shiloh. The man let her lay her head on his stomach, the woman appeared sleepy and it wasn't long before she had fell into a peaceful sleep. He absently stroked her mane while she slept, humming a soothing peaceful tune. His violet eyes turned down to the woman, memorizing her features. If he ever lost her than he would find her. This was the first time that he had felt so strongly love-wise for another being. The Luperci man couldn't tell if she had felt the same, she trusted him though. She wouldn't ve sleeping on him if she wasn't. It made him smile to think about it. He couldn't hurt her, he swore that even if this wasn't going to go anywhere, that he would protect Shiloh and Sarian. "Shiloh there is so much I could say." He whispered into a grey ear, he truly cared.

Aleo had stayed awake for half an hour, watching for any sign of danger or even a threat. Seeing none he turned his head down onto the furs. It wasn't before long that he joined Shiloh in sleep, one arm wrapped protectively around her. He stayed partially conscious, if a threat appeared he would be able to defend her. For that little while, Aleo slept soundly. She was his peace, what held him together. [/html]