Writing to reach you
[html]
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk42 ... m_bot1.jpg) no-repeat bottom; padding-top: 20px;">

OOC:
I told you I'd make this thread, eventually *lame* xD

IC:

Urma had finished digging up a den a few days back, and now she was trying to make the area around it seem as welcoming as possible. This was supposed to be a warm home, afterall. She'd have to decorate it with various things. It was why she regretted the shipwreck. The only reason. She had lost the small amount of possessions she had brought with her from her former pack. Mörker's letters and notes and charts and maps of Drømme's pack lands. Her brothers had told her it was silly to take those things with her if she wanted to leave that part of her past behind. But as much as she wanted to move on and make a decent life for herself, certain things she hadn't been able to abandon. However, the sea and this new land had taken them away from her.

As she dug around the entrance to her den to widen it a bit, she uncovered a scrap of paper. It seemed old and it was damp with soil, not to mention torn. She arranged the three pieces calmly. It was some sort of bit of text. It was one of those funny big pieces of gray paper she had found in exhausted fires back in her native lands as well. She had no idea what they were called, and back when she had wanted to ask Mörker about them...well, there had been other things and then Mörker hadn't been around anymore. The paper said something about an accident or something like that. Urma could read, Mörker had taught her how to back when she was still a rapidly growing pup. She wagged her tail a bit, delighted to have been able to understand what the fragment of paper was referring to. As she lay down, her head on her front paws, her eyes gazing at her small discovery, she realised that she wished she knew how to write the letters she could only read.
[/html]
[html]

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk42 ... bottom.jpg) no-repeat; background-position: center bottom; width: 400px;" align="center">

OOC: You're lucky I'm patient, then Tongue

Lubomir had silently been wondering around Shadowed Sun territory, trying to find something to occupy his mind. So far, nothing had truly caught his attention for long enough. In all honesty, he felt somewhat restless. He'd finally shifted down to four paws and he knew that from this angle he liked the world better. His body would still give him nasty jolts now and again but mostly all he had to do was stand back and relax. Half the time there would simply be faint ghosts, marks of a pain long gone, and then, only then, would he admit that he had come close to death far too many times. And that in a sense he was growing old. He was weary. He was too much for his own body.

He caught the scent of the new female long before he approached her. She was white, like Pilot, and young, like Ember. He winced at that thought. No, he should go meet her. For a while, he simply hovered out of range, watching her build her den. It was an almost sacred ritual, her claiming of the land. But then, when she found the paper, Lubomir's ears perked and he shuffled closer. She could read? He wasn't sure if it was a requisite to join the pack and somehow it didn't seem likely. Still, the fact that she could read made him smile. Lubomir gained more confidence and approached her, making sure he was loud enough not to frighten her. 'My lady?' His tone was inquisitive, but polite. 'Please don't be frightened. I'm Lubomir Varg, fellow pack member. It seems you've dug yourself a little treasure there. I take it you can read?' He even managed to shoot her a small smile. She was young and nice, and in a way reminded him of Ember.

[/html]
[html]
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk42 ... m_bot1.jpg) no-repeat bottom; padding-top: 20px;">

OOC:
Hehe. You're lucky I know that when you keep asking me if I started it, I don't think you're nagging, I know you just want to remind me <3

IC:

Urma looked up when the wolf addressed her. She had been so literally absorbed by her discovery that she had failed to notice his presence before, although she should have had no problem in picking up the sound of his paws. His tone was very calm, very polite. It made a small embarrassed smile creep up on her lips. She stood up on all four paws and met the stranger's gaze. "I'm...pleased to meet you, Mr. Varg." Her tone was subdued, she must have looked so foolish. Looking back at the piece of paper, she smiled more confidently, before continuing, "Yes, I can read. I take it you are able to yourself," she went on, more a statement than a real question.

Reading brought back a few memories to her. It had been one of the few things exclusive to her. Her brothers and sister didn't know how to read. She felt somehow better, being good at something. Maybe she wouldn't prove such a setback for the pack after all, if she gained a little bit of confidence. If she made friends. Right now she was too attached to her past she barely moved forward. But at least knowing this meant that she could try changing it. She knew she was up against herself. She could make a life for herself, but first she needed to give herself a chance.
[/html]
[html]

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk42 ... bottom.jpg) no-repeat; background-position: center bottom; width: 400px;" align="center">

OOC: Um....can we now prove I don't do roleplay?

Mr Varg? This was the first time in a very long while that he'd been called that. A smile broke on his face and he approached her, noting that she seemed to hold herself back. Surely he was no threat, yes, he had a few scars to show now, but why should he scare her so? She seemed to shy away from him and he gave her another small smile, his tail wagging slightly. 'Please, I am Lubomir. Mr Varg makes me feel really old. And what is your name, my lady of purest white?' He inched closer, trying to see what she had been reading. It seemed a note of some sort. 'I am, yes. I am able to read and write quite well and it's no empty bragging. I was a Bard for my pack and the only one who could do a good job, so I taught others. Do you write, then?'

It had been writing which had led him to meet Mew. He wrote poetry, simply because it expressed his thoughts more eloquently than prose ever had. He thought of sharing that with this female, she seemed young and eager. It brought another smile to his face. He thought, for one brief moment, that she was making him more content than he had been in a very very long time. He was happy at the thought of being able to show someone else how learning bettered the individual. 'I could show you the books we keep here. And if you wish to put thoughts to paper, we have that too. Welcome to Shadowed Sun, milady.' One more smile. More tail wagging. And a sense of joy, that maybe for once he was doing something truly good.

[/html]
[html]

OOC: Shush it, of course you do roleplay

Urma followed the wolf's words closely, feeling for the millionth time a huge sense of gratitude towards Pilot for having brought her here. Every wolf seemed to be nice in this pack, welcoming, somehow glad to help every newcomer. Even if she felt like the child of the pack, to whose needs everyone had to cater, she tried her best to find uses to whatever hidden skills she might possess. She could read, but she had no idea if she would be able to teach someone that, as
Mörker had taught her. But she was certain that she had to know more things than that, and the only thing that stopped her from passing that knowledge on was virtually her lack of self-confidence. "Lubomir it is, then," she acquiesced. "I was by no means trying to imply that you were in any way old," she apologized, shifting the ground with her paw in an embarassed way. She blushed a little when he addressed her so cordially, and averted her gaze from his as she replied, meekly, "Urma. Not much of a lady's name, I'm sorry" she smiled apologetically.

Her attention immediately snapped back when he mentioned books. Although she hadn't had the opportunity to read much, the few things she had, namely the couple of books Mörker possessed and had silently been passed on to her following his death, as well as the letters he wrote her, which had sadly been lost in the shipwreck, Urma had enjoyed. But she hadn't picked up that there were books within Shadowed Sun as well, although she should have figured it out, considering it was a pack of learning, as Pilot had described it. But as he continued and ultimately finished his sentence, Urma's eyes widened. "There are wolves here who can write? Would they be able to teach? Would you be able to teach me?" She hoped she'd prove a fast learner, and a good pupil. She didn't mean to be in the way, and she hoped Lubomir could see this for himself.

[/html]