shadows and dust
OOC: Sorry for the wait!! <3 This is set a couple of hours after running into Cercelee and being accepting into DDM, so Kol is just skirting TV's border on the way to Dahlia. ^^

[html]

Well, it had been in interesting day, to say the least. After a run-in with an angry grizzly bear and a brief meeting with a white shewolf, Kol was now the newest member of a pack called Dahlia de Mai. Perhaps the strangest thing, however, was the fact that she'd been accepted by the female without even setting foot anywhere near the Dahlia packlands. In fact, she only knew the general direction they were in, and was following her new alpha's singular scent back to her new home. She'd been told that the pack territory whose border lay to her left was one known as Twilight Vale, and that Cercelee would be staying there for a bit while she recovered from an encounter with a coyote. It had seemed a bit strange to Kol, for in her days with her birthpack and as a loner, she'd never heard of any major hostilities between the cousin canines. The lands of Souls was getting stranger and more confusing with each step she took.

Set on her destination, the black female walked with a severe left fore limp as she skirted the Vale border. Normally, she would have stuck to the shadows in a strange territory, but being as it was the middle of a dark, moonless night and she was in pain, Kol chose the most direct route possible. Her left foreleg was coated with sticky, drying blood that still seeped from the four jagged slashes in her left shoulder. The wound was angry, and the Stormbringer clenched her teeth against the pain as she walked, longing to get to her new home as quickly as possible, attempt to clean her shoulder, and possibly sleep for a week. The gouges probably looked a lot worse than they were; other than the sharp pain of the cuts themselves and a bit of throbbing in the actual joint of her shoulder, there didn't seem to be and serious impediments from the injury. For whatever reason, the Stormbringers had always had incredibly bad luck when it cames to those of the ursine persuasion, and it had been Kol's turn to bear the brunt of that luck today. She just hoped her strength would hold out for a little bit longer, until she was safely in what would come to be her new home.

Table by Tay

[/html]
[html]
ooc:

Don't make me change my mind.

The shifted fem usually marked the borders around this time of day, taking time out of her schedule for the job. She knew that Conri had a little trouble getting around sometimes, though he wouldn't admit it himself, and she was more than able to do the job. She reached a tree and went at it with her claws, creating several deep gash marks in it. There had to be a visual border as well as a scent-one, in case any of the wolves that came couldn't smell as well. Pups, perhaps. Not that she wouldn't welcome them...she just wanted them to know that they were entering Twilight Vale.

Naniko hadn't seen any coyotes for a few weeks, not since her talk with Gabriel. So far he was keeping his end of the deal. But she was still a little suspicious, and spent a lot of time sitting around the borders, keeping watch. She decided to take a break from the scent marking and tree mauling and took a spot on a boulder, looking out toward Twilight Vale. Maybe a little nap would be good. The shifted Andromeda closed her eyes, putting her head down onto the rock.

[/html]
OOC: Ugh I'm SO sorry for taking so long. I usually only post at work, and the past two weeks have been horribly hectic. *dies* And this is somewhat sucky and short, but I don't want to hold us up any longer.

[html]
As Kol continued her trek through the night, her violet eyes suddenly caught on something that didn't blend with the makeup of the land. A light blob of something lay up ahead, just inside the borderline, and as she drew closer the scent of a female drifted toward her nose. It was the same scent that made up a part of the pack border, and upon further inspection Kol realized the other femme was shifted. Not wanting to delay her trek, the ebony shewolf pulled a little bit farther away from the scentline.

Her attention, however, was decidedly not what it should have been, and her gaze shifted to the alabaster figure on the rock as she passed by. Kol had always been fascinated by white wolves, as they always seemed to have some sort of ethereal glow about them. True it made things like stealth a bit harder when you couldn't melt into shadow the way Kol could, but nevertheless the young girl had always envied her inverse fellow wolves. Unfortunately, this moment of admiration caused an upcoming fallen limb to go unnoticed, and the Stormbringer couldn't stop the loud yelp that came from her mouth as her left leg twisted and rolled beneath her. She caught herself before falling, but her leg was on fire with pain, and her ankle had already begun to swell. Cursing her luck and stupidity, the ebony female started forward again, hobbling on her three good legs.
[/html]
[html]
No, it's no problem at all Big Grin

The only thing that she could really blend well into was the snow, and that was only on the ground a few times a year. Winter was Naniko's favorite season, though, because though it was the worst for finding prey, it was her best season for actually catching things. She found it easy to pick up white snowshoe hares against the snow, but their eyesight wasn't quite as good as hers.

Emerald eyes snapped open as she came out of her drowsy state, fixing on the wolf before her. Threat? She wasn't a coyote...so Naniko assumed a slightly more relaxed posture as she rose. These were the Twilight Vale borders, and it was just a little suspicious that Kol was here...but Naniko wasn't one to automatically assume things. She had Jazper, one of the guardians-in-training, for that.

"You look like you could use some help. Not sure how much I can do, exactly...but I can try. I'm Naniko." She shook her fur out a bit, hopping down from the rock. "What're you doing all the way out here? I don't often find many wandering around the borders"

[/html]
[html]

Kol paused as the white female she'd been admiring suddenly made her way over to her. Her posture shifted, ears laying back, tail tucking down, body crouching lower. She was the trespasser here, and she knew it. However, at the light female's words, the Stormbringer relaxed somewhat. She sighed as she halfsmiled to the shewolf, dipping her head in a soft greeting as she held her left paw off the ground. My name is Kol, Kol Stormbringer. I'm sorry for wandering around the border, but I ran into Cercelee nearby, and she accepted me into Dahlia de Mai but couldn't accompany me back. So I'm headed there alone, but I got a bit distracted and seem to have worsened an already fresh injury. I didn't mean to disturb you, Naniko. She smiled softly, the corners of her eyes tight with pain.

Sighing again, the ebony female motioned her nose toward her leg. We've never been terribly lucky when it comes to bears, we Stormbringers. No one knows why, but we always seem to have the worst run-ins with them. I accidentally interrupted one's meal earlier today, and couldn't quite get away quick enough. Serves me right for not paying more attention, I guess. It doesn't feel like anything's broken, but it hurts like all bloody hell.

Table by Tay

[/html]
[html]

It had been a while since she had seen such politeness; sure, everyone here treated her with respect...but they were all so comfortable around each other that she rarely saw such wolfish acts. It was very refreshing, though, to be reminded of what they all were--wolves. Sometimes they lived in human houses, cooked their food like humans, wore human clothing...but they were all just wolves.

The girl was apologizing, but Naniko saw no need for it after she got past the part about Cercelee. "Any friend of Cercelee's is welcomed here" Naniko often attracted injured wolves, whether she liked it or not, and she didn't really mind taking care of them. They came from all over the place...so she got a variety. "I'm here...and you're here, so if you want...I could take a look at it? I know a little about medicine, and I have my backpack nearby. I could give you something for the swelling and the pain. Any blood?" She couldn't always tell, with darker colored wolves. Sometimes it was there and she couldn't see it.

[/html]
OOC: <3

[html]

The ebony girl sighed deeply, her body relaxing completely with Naniko's friendly manner. She stood still as the Vale wolf drew closer, getting a better look at Kol's mangled leg as she held it up. It'd be wonderful if you could help. Most of the bleeding has already stopped, so whatever blood is there should be dry already. The two deeper ones in the middle are still seeping a bit though. She winced slightly as she tried to move, the motion sending a jolting pain through her shoulder.

As she watched Naniko, her words about Cercelee crossed her mind, and suddenly she was a bit more curious about her new alpha. So, Cercelee seems to be pretty respected around here, isn't she? I noticed she was pretty banged up herself, actually. Are you helping her out too? If it's not prying, what exactly happened? Perhaps it was none of the new Dahlian's business, but considering the injured white female was her alpha, perhaps it was.

Table by Tay

[/html]
[html]
x33

"I probably shouldn't discuss it--I'm not sure if she wants anyone to know." It wasn't like it was a bad thing...Naniko just wasn't sure if it was okay with Cercelee that she talk about it with anyone else. She didn't want to step on her toes or make her feel like she couldn't come back here for help. "But I will tell you that it involved Ember and Hybrid. At least...that's what Ember told me."

She nodded in agreement when she spoke of Cercelee. "Yes...it'll be a long recovery" Naniko looked toward the mansion. She had more supplies there, but she did have some with her, too, in her backpack. She began looking through them. "Here is a pill that will help with the pain, and then we'll clean it and wrap it up" She liked telling them what she was going to do before she did it; it seemed to help when they knew what was going on, too.

[/html]
OOC: Good lord I'm slow to catch up. XD Vacations drain me, even if it is in a good way. Wink

[html]
Kol nodded as the ghostly female spoke, and took the little pill from her without question, swallowing it with only a little difficulty. She'd never seen anything like it before, but she trusted that Naniko knew what she was doing. Her confidence and no-nonsense mannerism when dealing with the younger girl's injuries gave her faith in her ability. "I understand. Ember and Hybrid...who are they? I can't say that I know anyone around here yet. I feel like a clueless pup all over again." She offered her caretaker a half-hearted smile. In truth, that was exactly what she felt like for the moment: a lost pup, entirely alone in a land full of strangers.

"Thank you...by the way. You didn't have to help, and I'm grateful." The girl winced slightly as another shot of pain ran up her shoulder, and she glanced around the area surrounding the pair. "So...what exactly are we going to use to clean up?"
[/html]
[html]
ooc: No worries Big Grin Would you mind if we ended this in a few posts, though?

"I have a few cloths in here...and a bottle of water. It's sort of a survival kit, too, what I carry with me. So if I ever got stranded somewhere away from a water source I'd have some food and water with me." It was turning out to be pretty useful, too, the bottled water. "I found some bottles of it in the city, but those ran out pretty quick. This water is some that we boiled at home, water from the lake"

She had read that lake water had lots of bacteria in it...so she always boiled it first. "Ember? She's my sister; a Dahlia de Mai member, too...and Cercelee's cousin by blood" Ember was only her sister by adoption, but Naniko considered that to mean family. She pulled the bottle of water out from her pack, unscrewing the top and dampening the white cloths, pressing them against the injured paw, wherever she could see blood.

[/html]