Been wonderin' when you're comin' home
[html]OoC: This topic can wait until later if you want, since we have our other thread, but I didn't know how much longer Cer was going to be staying here, so I figured I shouldn't put it off too long! xP

BiC:

Slay edged nervously forward, white-tipped ears flicking anxiously back and forth. Cercelee was supposed to be here. Why had she left? She wasn't planning on staying here for long, was she? Yet... it had been a while... Haku had cornered him after the meeting, trying to curry his favor. He felt slightly better about the charismatic male, but he couldn't deny the worry that clamped down in his chest - had Haku been the one to hurt Cer...? He knew that Haku wanted an attack, and this would be the perfect opportunity for him to do so... He would be in charge, since their Rosea was across the borders... It wasn't safe. And this didn't feel right.

So the big arctic wolf padded as quietly as he could, hoping fervently that he didn't get caught by anyone else, and that if he did, they would believe that he harbored no ill-will. What if his poorly-planned visitation worsened the already tense pack relations? Could Twilight Vale end up siding with Inferni? This was such a nightmare... But Slay didn't have a lot of friends, and if his best one was on someone else's land, then he shouldn't be afraid to follow.

"Cercelee..." he exhaled, trying to steel his nerves. He really wasn't good with any kind of tension - he had to keep reminding himself of his convictions. And if he got too panicked, his narcolepsy could flare up and then he would be a passed out and helpless trespasser. He should have waited on the border, right? That was the custom, to call out and ask permission... But... He wouldn't be here long... He was just coming to take Cer home.

[/html]

[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/c ... 0rvhgy.jpg); background-position:bottom; background-repeat: no-repeat; width: 486px; border: 1px solid #000; background-color: #090238;">
      Tis fine! I can have a million threads going at once. XD

Desaevio’s visit had been a surprise. After he had left and the ivory canine thought about it, it would only be a matter of time before members of Dahlia de Mai became unsettled and sought her out. Yet she hadn’t been expecting Desaevio, as they had no previous contact, and he had probably left the meeting unsatisfied. He had been looking for help from her, and she could offer none. She was a failure to the pack. His visit however should have prepared her more that would follow, and yet it had the opposite effect. A member from Dahlia de Mai had already come and gone, already been told here she was and here she was staying until the war was over, so she wasn’t expecting anyone else.

The lack of any sort of call from the borders contributed to the surprise when she did find Slay. It had been a long while since she had seen the two toned male, and before she had left the pack he had been the pack member she had spent the most of her spare time with. Despite the fact that by the time she got to him he was well within the borders, she was glad to see him. He was her friend and he meant no harm, she knew that and she could tell anyone who asked or thought otherwise, but that wasn't a concern of hers at the moment. Simply speaking to him was her only concern.

Cercelee was once again using all four of her legs, however poorly the injured hind one performed. Limping up to him she was aware of how she looked. Her leg’s wound was completely closed up and the fur was beginning to cover the marks left there, but spots were chucks of fur and flesh that had been torn from her were still visible. Her neck was similar, wounds that were healing but her coat was still patchy and missing in places. The smaller wounds were almost completely invisible now, she didn’t know if there were scars or not because as small and shallow as those had been, her lush coat covered what marks had been on her face and chest. Still, she did not mind how she looked, she could only hope Slay didn’t either. “Slay! What are you doing here?” Cer gave her friend an uncharateristic nuzzle, as oppose to the sharp nudge of her snout that was her usual greeting. It had been too long for that.

Table by Tammi!

[/html]
[html]OoC: xP Hurr, apparently I can't. I'm on the absentee list at the moment... I am 'scarce'. Until I complete my wedding... ;3

BiC:

"Oh, Cercelee!" Slay exclaimed, blue eyes wide with worry. He had barely flinched when he heard her voice - he'd half-expected it to be his imagination - but the sight of her, so frail and weak! He returned her nuzzle fiercely, letting his eyes sweep over the partly-healed wounds she had sustained. Cer's luxuriant white fur had been ripped away from her throat and her back leg, baring sores that could only be caused by claws and fangs. His anxiety from before dissipated into a protective anger - was this what happened when he let her wander off without him? Some guardian he was! He would pay them back, whoever had forced his friend into hiding, broken her spirit...

He let his muzzle rest on Cer's withers as he remained standing, unwilling to let her go just yet. It had been too long, and there was too much on his mind. "Cer, what the hell happened to you?! You disappeared into some other pack's land, and when I finally go looking for you, this is how I find you? Who the hell did this? It better not be that bastard Haku..." His words were menacing, but his tone remained soft. He wasn't about to shout in her ears, not if she might run away again. If she couldn't defend herself when she was healthy, what chance did she stand now? Slay couldn't leave her like this.

[/html]

[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/c ... 0rvhgy.jpg); background-position:bottom; background-repeat: no-repeat; width: 486px; border: 1px solid #000; background-color: #090238;">

The two toned male was visibly upset at the sight of her, and Cercelee knew the reasoning behind it. It wasn’t the sight of her being that upset him, it was what had happened to her, and the fact that he cared pleased her a great deal. Ember cared too, but Ember had seen the coyote create the wounds of Cer, so Ember was not shocked when she saw her cousin. The members of Twilight Vale cared too, but they didn’t know Cercelee, and they weren’t out raged at the injustice done to her body. It was pleasing to have Slay here, to have him be upset for her, because Cercelee wasn’t upset enough for herself. Cer smiled at the male as he clung to her, allowing him that, relishing in it herself. It was nice to feel like someone wanted to protect her, even if the damage had already been done.

“It wasn’t Haku.” Cercelee knew that Slay didn’t like Haku, she had sensed it before, but also knew Haku wouldn’t hurt anyone in Dahlia de Mai. And even if Haku was a little off, the rest of his pack had to trust him too, she didn’t want a co leader that they were scared of. “It was a coyote, I don’t know his name though. He smelled like he came from Inferni. Ember might know his name, she was the one who saved me. I think she may have told Haku, or at least she told him where I have been healing at. I don’t know why Haku didn’t tell the rest of you.” Desaevio hadn’t known where his rosea had been either, and Cercelee was distressed to know that Haku hadn’t told anyone where she was or why. “I’ve been staying here, until I get better. It’s not as bad as it looks though, I can use my leg again, mostly. And the fur will grow back, I’m pretty sure.” Cercelee tried to reassure Slay, because even if his being upset was a comfort to her, it was unfair to keep him in such a state, worrying about her. Which was also why she did not mention that she wasn’t coming home until after the war if she could help it, she didn’t want to upset him further, Slay might not agree with her seasonings for avoiding Dahlia de Mai.

Table by Tammi!

[/html]
[html]

Slay felt the strength drain from his limbs, and reluctantly he released her from the embrace. "A coyote... from Inferni..." So the others had been right all along. Be merciless, be ruthless, give them no quarter. This is what the Inferni members would do - and had Ember not been there, would Cercelee even be alive now? The thought made his stomach turn violently, and he turned mulishly away, pale eyes glaring at the sky above the trees. He felt like it had been his fault. He had been the one preaching pacifism at the meeting. Had he driven her to take an unnecessary risk? And Ember... He hadn't spoken much to her, either, but clearly she deserved his thanks, at least. Hopefully she wasn't as disturbing as Firefly had been. That was the other pack member he had problems with...

"Cer, what were you doing near Inferni? And why did you come here, instead of back to Dahlia? It's not like we don't have healers... I missed you," he trailed off, white-tipped ears falling back against his harlequin skull. He sounded almost pouty, but it was true. Everything was so grim without Cer's smile to brighten it up. And she was their Rosea, she had to come back soon! And she was his friend. She had to come back soon. There wasn't any reason for her to be here... right? His ebony tail stirred hopefully as he remained standing near her, avoiding her eyes for fear of what he might find. Wasn't Twilight Vale where Colibri had gone, at least at first...? When... she left Dahlia de Mai... permanently...

[/html]

[html]

Slay pulled away from her when she told him what of her attacker, and Cer just stared at him curiously. Had Slay really thought it had been Haku? Or something else? Given the war, if Slay had come to her torn up, one of her first guesses would be a coyote. He had questions for her and it was only fair that she answer them, she had made him worry and wait for her. She owed him more than just answering a few simple question. “I was in the dampwoods, just taking a walk.” Cercelee felt like a fool then, admitting that she had been stupid enough to wander close by and pay so little attention to her surrounds. Looking up at Slay, trying to reason out the rest, she felt like a child. “Ember brought me here. Naniko is a very skilled healer, and Hanna just hasn’t been around as much. And... it’s safe here Slay. The coyote can’t step foot on these lands or else Twilight Vale would be after them too, and they won’t do that. They can’t do that.”

Cercelee sighed. Her explanation made her sound like a coward, as if she was hiding from the coyotes. It’s safe here. Yet she would have felt perfectly safe back home as well. The fact of the matter was that here she didn’t have to think about the war at all, and that was a far greater blessing than not having to worry about coyotes coming to get her in her sleep. No matter she formed the words though, how she arranged the sentences to speak them out loud, nothing would come out of her mouth. She had been able to explain to Desaevio that she was simply abandoning them to the war, but she couldn’t tell that to Slay. “I’ve missed you too, Slay.” Cercelee smiled tensely up at the male, unsure if her answer was sufficient, unsure of why she didn’t want to shortcomings and failures, and unsure if Slay was going to grow more upset, or even angry with her.

Table by Tammi!

[/html]