you see all my light, and you love my dark
[html]

The last few weeks had been so hectic that Alexey just hadn’t found enough time to visit the people she truly cared about. Between infiltrating Inferni to save Firefly and spending time with DaVinci, the tawny wolfess unwillingly neglected her other friends. She had two people to catch up with; her littermate and her best friend, Kol. It was no secret that the latter would be a pleasant encounter, like always, as opposed to tracking down Adelaida and apologizing to her.

It was on her way out of the pack lands that Alexey stopped by the Stormbringer femme’s residence. The one-story house was situated near the cemetery, close to the border. She had never taken the time to express her gratitude to the ebony teenager for saving her life that day, and thanks were long overdue. Upon reaching the front door, the Circee let out a high-pitched bark to make her presence known. A paw reached out to scratch the door with her claws, as if trying to open it.

“Anybody home?” she called out, beige-tipped tail wagging back and forth behind her.

[/html]
OOC: *gasp* What is that thread title from? I know it and I love it. XDDD

[html]

The past few weeks had been painful, slow, and dark. Kol hadn't spent too much time away from her little house, aside from the one venture into the neutral lands when Lexey had gone missing. Said venture had resulted in more injuries for the girl, and the encounter with a strange, cloaked savior whose identity still remained a mystery. When she'd returned to Dahlia, Kol had at least heard that Lexey was alright, so that was one worry off the newly promoted Bluet's mind. The war with Inferni was officially over with the exchange of each side's hostage; another set of good news as far as Kol was concerned. She couldn't come to believe that the entirety of Inferni was to blame for what had happened to Mew and the others. After all, she'd spent what could be called nothing less than a pleasant night with Inferni's very second-in-command, Anselm. She'd seen him at the battle, yes. She'd also locked gazes with him, and knew he'd seen her. And he'd purposely avoided her completely during the fight, even when he got there to find that she was the only one not already engaged. No creature was purely dark unless they chose to be. Just as none was purely light. Even Kol fancied herself a good soul, but her entire family carried the string they called the Darkness within them. It was the legacy of their bloodline; a legacy of blackness and insanity. Kol could only hope she could control it better than those before her.

Early morning had found the Stormbringer curled up in the little master bedroom in the back of her house. The king size bed with the partially torn mattress was more than large enough for her unshifted frame. Her left eye was no longer swollen shut, the scabs from her wounds finally healed enough that they were starting to peel away. Thankfully, there was no lasting damage to her eyesight in that eye, at least so far. Kol doubted she got away that easy, and expected that she'd get some sort of lasting effect later in life. Her grandaunt had gone blind in her right eye at the age of five for the very same reason, and strangely, the thought of losing half her sight didn't bother Kol nearly as much as she thought it would. Maybe she was just happy to get away mostly unharmed, but for a few deep wounds and injuries that would simply take time to heal. Maybe she was also just happy that none of those she cared for had been lost in the senseless war.

As if conjured by the thought, a soft bark echoed through the hallway of the little home, followed by a scratch at the door. The voice that spoke the question was more than a welcome on, and Kol's ears perked as she smiled. Thumping her tail, she called out into the grey light that filtered through her windows. "Lexey! Come on in, the door's open. I'm in the back bedroom, just come on back!"

Table by Tay

[/html]
[html]

Alexey obeyed her good friend's soft spoken invitation, her smile never fading as she pushed the wooden door open with her nose. Excitement grew within her then, fox-like tail wagging a little faster. Kol was a pearl, unique and beautiful in every way. The Circee couldn't help but wonder how she had gone so long without seeing her, suddenly feeling guilty for spending so much time out of the pack lands. Poking her head into the master bedroom, she released a high-pitched yip as if to say hello before climbing onto the bed.

Golden eyes watched the Stormbringer femme for a moment, assessing the new wounds adorning her body; lesions that certainly didn't come from the initial fight with Inferni. Instinctively, she sought out the Bluet's gaze for some kind of explanation, anything that could explain her current condition. A pained look crossed her face as the tawny girl noticed the laceration Hybrid Holocaust had inflicted upon her friend; it might've been healing slowly, but it still hurt to see how close Kol had gotten to losing her eye that day.

Alexey affectionately curled up close to the ebony she-wolf, using the other woman's back as a headrest. Sighing deeply, she finally mustered up the strength to ask about the most recent wounds. "What happened?"

[/html]
[html]
Kol's tail thumped softly as her best friend climbed onto the bed with her. A soft whine slipped past her lips as she turned her head to lick Alexey's muzzle affectionately, happy to have the girl she was coming to consider like a sister beside her. Her ears twitched as her friend's question reached them, and she tilted her head in slight confusion. "What happened? What do you mean?" It was then that she realized her friend was referring to the myriad of newer injuries she carried.

"Oh, you mean the cuts. Heh, well, remember how I got the scars on my shoulder? Yeah, it was just my luck that I ran into the bastard again. Only this time, I didn't even interrupt his dinner or anything; he must've just remembered me. I was actually out looking for you, ironically enough, when I got a little turned-around and just happened to find the damn grizzly. I'm lucky this is all I ended up with, since I was still stiff and couldn't shift or even run away fast enough. I wouldn't have made it out if it weren't for this odd...figure that happened to be there. He was definitely canine, though I know nothing about him, other than that."

Kol knew her tale wasn't exactly ordinary, so she paused here to wait for her best friend's response. Honestly, if Lexey had any questions, she wasn't quite sure she'd have the answers to go with them.
[/html]
[html]

Alexey buried her face in her friend's pelt as she felt the lick hit her face, pretending to dislike it. She returned the affection by doing the same a few seconds later though, right when Kol wasn't looking. A question came her way then, and the Circee nodded. Yes, she remembered how the young girl had gotten the scars on her shoulder. But as Kol kept on talking about her recent scuffle with the same bear, Lexey's demeanor changed. She cringed unwillingly, as she became aware that it was partly her fault. Reprimanding the Bluet for being so foolish crossed her mind more than once, until she realized that doing so would make her a hypocrite.

She had ventured out of the packlands shortly after the fight too, consequently running into another Stormbringer. Aiden - What a pain in the ass that boy was. Her attention turned back to the ebony wolfess' story as it came to a conclusion. So a strange figure had saved Kol from certain death. Instantly, Alexey associated the so-called hero with Kharma; another smartass she had intercepted at the borders. "Cloaked male, wears a mask, right? I ran into him south of Flander's Field. He wanted to learn more about the war." she shrugged, suddenly feeling a little guilty for almost getting into a fight with him. Perhaps he deserved a second chance after all.

"He had the ears of a coyote," she stated matter-of-factly, as if it would justify the way she had acted with him that day.

[/html]
[html]

Kol flicked an ear at her friend's comment. So she'd run into the same figure then? I mean, how many other odd coyote-like masked figures could possibly be running around Souls? It had to be the same male. "Yeah, this one had ears like a Coy too. It's gotta be the same guy. I wonder what the hell his story is? I mean, he can't be bad; he had no reason to help me like that at all. What could he gain? It's not like he'd get on the good side of the pack, I'm just a nobody. If I'd been a leader or something, then I could understand." She spoke matter-of-factly. Kol wasn't demeaning herself with her words, she was stating simple truth.

As she finished her thought, the ebony shewolf smiled back at her best friend. "How are you doing though? I had heard about your confrontation with your sister, and I know how she feels about...well about shifters like me. I'm sorry she reacted the way she did Lexey, but I'm also glad she didn't convince you to leave. I rather like having you hanging around." A playful smile tugged at her lips, and she winked to let her friend know she was teasing. But then again, it was true. Kol didn't know how she'd react to any news that the girl she considered her best friend was leaving Dahlia.

Table by Tay

[/html]
[html]

Alexey shrugged nonchalantly as her friend confirmed her assumption. They were talking about the same guy, no doubt about it. However, his motives didn't intrigue her as much as they intrigued Kol. Maybe he was nothing but a good samaritan on a quest for world peace. Okay, so that theory was a little unrealistic, but it saved her the headache of trying to figure out what the hell his deal really was.

She mirrored the yearling's smile as the conversation shifted to another topic. Adelaida. It reminded her that she still needed to pay her sister a visit. The Koios sisters were mad at each other, yes, but Alexey couldn't stand not knowing how her littermate was fairing. How Kol had gotten wind of their confrontation was a mystery too, one that she chose to ignore for the time being. "Don't worry about it, and you better like having me around because I'm not going anywhere." she stated firmly, before nipping at her best friend's ear.

"I ran into someone special a few days ago. I thought he was pretty handsome." Her smiled widened as she continued her riddle, not waiting for a reply. "You wanna know why? Because he looked just like you, Kol." she teased, amused by her own little game. Lowering her voice, as if she held some kind of top secret information, the little she-wolf carried on. "He went by the name of Aiden Oriel. Ring a bell?"
[/html]