Walking with Strangers
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... lliban.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Sab
Ethereal Eclipse.

short :/

It was place to hide. A place to run away and be forgotten. The tall trees shadowed her, covering her crown and placing the darkness over her shoulders like a bone chilling cloak. Night settled in the tall wood, but the thick branches hatched the bright cloudless sky, breaking every visible star as if they held not even the power of a candle’s flame. Flickering against the darkness, each broken light contained as much hope as her heavy heart held. A heart that was sick of it’s slowly bleeding death. But it beat with more resilience then she hoped. She hoped it would just stop.

A spring kissed wind passed through her short light hued coat, taking up the growing mane she wore and casting it across her face. Fingers attempted to subdue the lost stands as bright blue eyes looked mindlessly into the darkness. What lay beyond the forest was an obscurity, a question that she cared not to ask. But her body moved through it, as if it needed to know. Finger tips traced the harsh skin of the sentinel that stood among its brothers, guarding the landscape she traversed.

A dire need to continue, an instinctive pull drew her further and further into the mystery.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... eenban.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
She was being formed by the people she knew, the darkness of Vendetta and the King she had met, melting in her own darkness. She loved it, loved the freedom it brought, walked in it. It would help her, it would shape her, she would gain control and poise, become stronger and better than she already was. Sabeen's feet were on fire as she crept through the Ethereal Eclipse, guiding her along the life she had no control over. Fate was fickle.

The smell came first, vaguely familiar, as if from a dream. The woman had encountered this other before, in Dahlia, but it had been a brief meeting, unhappy, she had been consumed with anger and fear. Dahlia had been an awful place, unfit for life. She tried to call forth an image of the other woman, but it was blank. A nobody. Sabeen sought her out this time, finding her quickly. She stood away, watching the face with the blue, blue eyes. "Who are you." It was less a question, more a demand. It was Sab's habit to start out her meetings this way. It gave her the advantage, to know who was who, first.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... lliban.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
---

The trail was lost, and Anu wandered with no guide. Nothing to push her in one direction or another she thought aimlessly if she was destined to walk in circles for the rest of her life. maybe it was for the best? Maybe she would heal in the mean time, and then she would be ready to venture back home. New, reformed into something better. It was a hopeless endeavor; the scent of another was already breaking her idle pilgrimage.

Something so harsh surrounded the air the approaching female held. Like a knife her scent cut Anu deeply, and she filtered through memories to sort out where and when she had experienced it. Her voice pierced her ears, and Anu could not help but take a step backwards. She was Dahlia de Mai. Anu was sure, but no her scent was something just a bit different, faded and mixed with something artificial, and maybe even lightly of sex. Anu held her breath for a moment before she could find her voice, Anu. Was that all she was? Not the Brigadier General of Crimson Dreams? Not even an O’Sheah as her father and mother had claimed when she was born.

Something about her made Anu nervous. Maybe it was her sneer, or the light scaring that she traced up her arms or the cut patterns on her face. Blue eyes shone bright against her faded color, and she managed a feeble. Why? Who are you?

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... eenban.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
FAIL AND SHORT |:

The other female did not remember her, which was fine. Sabeen didn't need her to, she wasn't intending to continue seeing the woman. This chance encounter would not shape her, would not change her, and it would fade into history like all other chance encounters. She nodded acceptance of Anu's name, and moved ever slightly closer, reminiscent of Vendetta had done to her, but less blunt. She subconsciously allowed him to dictate her movements now. She wanted to conquer herself, to attain nothingness, to allow that to direct her. She would need to mature, get over her impatience and anger, but how much control did she truly have, she was unsure.

A light scowl passed her face at the question, as though Anu had committed a peccadillo. But after a moment she spoke: "Sabeen Verlust," today opting for her maiden name and not her deceased mate's name. She looked briefly to her left, and then back again to the grey female. "What brings you here, Anu?"

[/html]
[html]

no fail, and short too

Anu couldn’t remember much of her time in the boarders of Dahlia, they had been so brief. She had wanted to forget the embarrassing episode of the meeting at the house, and how she had turned tail and ran for her life. Rather then standing her ground Anu had resorted to the coward the hid in her being’s shadows.

She watched the scowl, and her head was drawn back at the sight of it. Anu hadn’t thought that she had been too rude, but then against the air surround the stranger was something that Anu hadn’t faced in some time. It was hostile, and made Anu hold her ground. Even the question Sabeen raised wasn’t filled with the friendly flavor.

Following her gaze, she kept from stumbling for an answer. But she wasn’t even sure why she was out so late in the middle of neutral ground. Anu had no idea what brought her there, though the brief idea she had was a secret that she wouldn’t reveal It’s a pleasant night… Her voice trailing until she gathered the courage to question, I don’t suppose you belong to Dahlia?

[/html]
[html]
un po' di powerplay D:

A monotone answer, devoid of any interest. She rolled her shoulders complacently, deciding that the other woman wasn't concealing anything, but simply uninteresting. Well, might as well stick around, see what happens. A low hiss escaped at the word Dahlia. Oh, how her heart burned to think of them! "Wertlose Fleischbeutel. Ich hasse sie." Her eyes flashed dangerously, but she didn't move. Control the anger, let yourself shape it. "I did. And now I'm freed." Not by her choice. There was only one value that the woman valued, and that was loyalty. Not trust, nor truth, nor freedom, but loyalty. It was the only thing preventing anarchy, which seemed to gainsay her outlook. But to Sabeen, everything in her world made perfect sense.

"Walk." She commanded as she turned to stroll deeper into the forest's depths. Now was her turn to interrogate. "Tell me of yourself, Anu." She was feeling stronger, in control. Was this what Corvus felt? (The answer was no, for how could he feel anything, being devoid of everything?) She liked it, she liked having power, not letting fate dictate her paws and words. She had given herself over, but now she wanted to take it all back, and tonight would be her first step in doing so.

[/html]
[html]

perfectly fine with me :]

Anu wondered what to make of her, though feeling a certain distaste coming from the stranger. It was unlike Anu to not feel friendly, now that introductions were complete and they had settled into the normal small talk of to acquaintances. Still Anu felt her body rigid, tense in the presence of Sabeen. The words that they russet colored female spoke were unknown to her. They held anger and there was a dangerous flash of fury that passed over the other female’s eyes. Anu looked into them, not feeling afraid but curious. Was Dahlia as pain filled for her as it was for the female Anu fondly remembered meeting?

Anu let her surprise show as Sabeen barked her command to move along, but the female still walked as she had been told to do. It was only natural for her to do as she was told, though she kept her body level with the other female. She may have been doing a she was told, but she was no submissive. Anu let the silence fill the space between them, as to not follow her direction like a trained parrot. Blue eyes looked at her, her mouth a thin line of deep thought before letting the words fall from her lips.

I’m the Brigadier General of Crimson Dreams. That’s the third in command. Her gave her title in a nonchalant tone, she wasn’t anything too fantastic. Letting her shoulders shrug Anu relaxed flashed a small smile, wondering if it would affect the rigid fey at all. I don’t know many from Dahlia, but she doesn’t like it there either. I find it sad that you didn’t find comfort in the pack. She seemed so sour, and Anu decided to fight it with sweetness.

[/html]
[html]

Her eyes didn't stray to see the other's face. She looked ahead, instead, contemplative. Dahlia de Mai... now that her mind was forced to recall her brief stay there, she couldn't resist the chance to complain. Perhaps it was unfair of her to judge, having been there so relatively short (if she had known the events regarding the two bitches Svara and Firefly's leaving, she might have been more content with her judgment), but they had cast her out. They had chosen to use her as a scapegoat. She wondered how long it would last, with it's internal failings.

Sabeen nodded at the introduction. Again, bland. But what had she expected? "I like long walks on the beach"? Really, the creativity of the canine species left much to be desired for. She slowed, falling in pace with Anu so she may cast a long sideways glance. The sentiments offered did not please her either, but it gave her an opening. "There is no comfort in hell." Because she had been innocent, innocent. They had betrayed her, in Sabeen's sick little world. Where her sons had died of natural causes. Where Svara's blindness was unrelated to her. She shook her head, sharply. "I was not there for very long. They accused me of a crime I did not commit. They banished me. They burned my home down." Each strike she said with a harsh tone. Tallying up. Three strikes against Dahlia de Mai, and it was all she needed to nurse a grudge to make Hera jealous. The lady would never be proven wrong in her mind.

[/html]
[html]

It all sounded horrid. As much as Anu felt a uneasy feeling when standing with the woman, she could not help but find honesty in her words. The circumstances that surrounded each of the things she spoke of were unknown to the thin female, but how could she judge someone that she didn’t know? How could she even think there might be something she was hiding? Anu let her shock so on her face once again, though there was concern lining her features.

They took your home? The answer was obvious, though Anu needed to speak it aloud to take the massive truth into her head. A pack would do such a thing? Members, family turning against each other and letting rapist live among their children, and then shunning the innocent only to set fire to their tail and watch them run. It was disgraceful. And now what you are left to live alone? Anu looked to the face of the wolfess, not knowing what lay twisted in her mind.

Anu looked away, searching for answers to the questions that riddled her mind. What kind of place was this Dahlia de Mai, and who led it? She couldn’t help but feel her own opinion of the place grow cold and sour. Still, she didn’t know everything, couldn’t trust every word Sadeen spoke. I can’t imagine why they would do such a thing. she spoke idely, wondering aloud.

[/html]
[html]
crap |: sorry

'Yes.' She repeated, blankly, finally looking to see the other's face. What she saw took her by surprise. It was as though the other female actually was upset for her sake. But this sort of empathy Sabeen had never encountered before. It was very suspicious. Nobody had ever taken her at her word before. She'd always been judged, chased by demons, outed. This was why she could not stay in any place for long. She was chased. The lady looked away, flicking her ear at the idle statement. 'They took the victim's testimonial. But I didn't do it, I was framed. The victim hates me, she wants to kill me. Of course she'd blame me.' Though that didn't answer who actually did it. But what did Sabeen care who did it? As long as she was innocent.

A sigh escaped her. 'I grow weary of discussing the past. Tell me about your pack. Crimson Dreams?' Her voice was almost mocking, as if daring her to sell it to her.

[/html]
[html]

shorts good!

Why be surprised when a stranger felt sympathy for a tragedy? Anu felt things for people she hardly knew all the time. Sorrow, greed jealously and of course affection. Her heart lay on her sleeve, and emotions seeping from her pores at every moment. She shouldn’t be so surprised that she was so easily heart broken.

Sabeen indeed sounded like a victim herself. Framed for a crime she didn’t commit, banished and felt to be a loner. It was the truth because Sabeen believed it herself, leaving Anu to know a lie. Though the subject changed, at the demand of the woman. Anu was left to think on her feet.

Well, there is no rape or bloodshed. They would not tolerate such things, or ones who may have done such things in the past. Feeling as if she was speaking too bluntly Anu spoke again with a less bitter tone. Its not perfect, but I think its as close to perfect as and pack can be.

[/html]
[html]

Anu's softness, gentleness was somehow infuriating. She sensed, perhaps, her incompetence in these things, her inability to possess the more womanly emotions and movements. Sabeen was a creature of darkness and meanness, who's sex appeal was in her roughness. The other soul was too soft, weak, nice. It brought a scowl to her face. At the same time, she was conflicted: why should she trifle herself with the weaknesses of others? The proximity of the two as they spoke, perhaps. Or maybe it was the way the other had looked at her, believing. It made Sabeen doubt herself, her story, because nobody had ever given her that look before.

She looked for a long moment at the other woman, contemplatively. A snort escaped her. 'As perfect as perfidious...?' Her voice tapered off into a question, not accusing, just planting a seed of suggestion. 'I wonder, how do you manage to keep things so noble? A sudden flash of memory came to her. 'Is yours the pack with the rusted airplane?' The smell that clung to Anu's fur was similar to the smell on the husky's scent, the husky she had opened herself too. She smirked at the thought of him. He had been so unwilling, but Sabeen had shown him the trueness of her ways. Something had been off about him, but in her drug-induced haze, she hadn't been able to figure it out.
[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/ ... owtree.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
they clash so well Tongue

Anu had a hard time finding the answer to Sabeen's question. It was easy to ignore her first, and only gave a small chuckle at the sound of it and let her mouth become a smirk. She was cleaver and quick, this lone wolf. Why hadn't her swiftness keep her out of trouble? Was her old pack just that horrid? The questions filled her mind, but there was the more pressing answer that needed to be found. How did they do it? Anu wondering right along with her. Was she trying to trip her up, by asking questions that just might not have any answers? How sly...

The light hued fey let blue eyes drift to the scenery, watching the world that accepted them so whiling as they passed through it with heads filled with such erroneous thoughts. What did the world care with how they did it? They did, wasn't that enough? No, it wouldn't be, and Anu forge her statement with the best of her ability. We're careful. She paused, but for only a brief second. But we also just care and love each other. We will not tolerate the mere presence of a criminal within our ranks. Quite pleased with her own words Anu looked back to the other female, wondering it that was satisfying enough.

A plane? We are. The simple statement was laden with a hidden message of curiosity and question.

[/html]
[html]
i know, rite? Big Grin

Softly irritation crept up upon her. It seemed the female had mistook her point, took her as just being clever. Sabeen looked away and back, licked her split lips, waited for the response. It came. The woman lifted her shoulders in a shrug. 'Mm, yes, but do you perform background checks?' Anu's stupidity, as Sab perceived it, kept her from seeing the obvious truth. That all were the same. 'What is to say that there is someone in your pack, right now, who's committed some atrocity? And will commit again, as the criminal cycle can never be broken. There is no repentance, only repeating.' She fixed her wheat eyes on the other's blue. She could not believe in a pack that claimed to be founded on love and trust, when those qualities were human and not wolfish. Her rant had distracted her from her previous question, but she recalled into focus the evening with the husky, as drug-hazed as it was.

It would be unwise to admit she had trespassed to one of the leaders of the pack. Instead she quirked her lips up in a slightly sneering smile. 'I met a male of yours once. A husky. He told me of your airplane.' She should reacquaint herself with that male sometime (something that would happen in the future, although the lady didn't know it yet.) 'Tell me, do you consider him trustworthy?' She was bluffing, now, she hadn't a clue if he was a subleader or the lowliest omega. The soft, weak female would probably say yes, though. Perhaps she'd say they didn't judge the past, another foolish sentiment, as the past determined the future.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/ ... owtree.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
ooO getting her riled!

Anu looked away at the words the other spoke, not wanting her to see the annoyance that flashed over her eyes. She hoped to hide it from her face, keeping it tense but Anu knew better then to think she could keep all the emotion from being visible. It had always been too hard a task, and even with years of practice she had yet to master it. Had Anu walked right into the hypothetical questions? Had she been asking for the criticism? Of course she wouldn't know for sure, but all she could do was battle and fight for the pride of her pack. Maybe this one was a loner because she had no loyalty.

We try our best. It was all she was whiling to say, knowing that there was no use arguing with her. Anu knew what wolves like Sabeen were after. They wanted to bully another until they had made their point and showed that their ideal was superior. Anu held back the fight she was ready to engage in, keeping it in as she listened to Sabeen speak of the pack worm. Sharp eyes looked back at her, wondering silently what she knew about the situation surrounding the husky. He holds our lowest rank. Anu paused, letting the truth sink into the stranger's head. I trust he knows he's on thin ice. As he was. They might be founded on love and peace, but they practiced discipline as well.

Letting her tongue slip a few more thoughts Anu spoke with a harder tone, For someone who has been judge so cruelly in the past, you do alot of judging yourself.

[/html]
[html]
eep, sorry for the wait

Sabeen masked the smile that passed through her face. It was amusing how quickly Anu had given herself to anger, annoyance (though she was a hypocrite; she reacted just as easily if not easier in the same manner). For once the lady held her tongue, instead nodding, although her eyes were coy. Had she'd known the nature of the other's thoughts (no loyalty, when that's all she believed in), perhaps she'd have lashed out, but instead she bide her time. Her mention of the husky had been a lucky guess. Lowest pack member. Ah, what had he done? Now she was curious. 'Really?' She allowed a bit of surprise to enter her tone (because if this pack was so perfect there shouldn't be a lowest rank, right?) but it wasn't, for once, mocking.

A laugh escaped her. 'Oh, but I believe you've missed my point.' She turned her harsh gaze on Anu's face. Her smile faded away. 'You must never give loyalty blindly. Only if you accept the flaws with the good can you escape the cycle of betrayal. Turning a blind eye on past misdeeds and future crimes does nothing but worsen the problem.' She spoke darkly, and in her subconscious she spoke of herself, her own mistakes that were sure to repeat even though she blocked out the memories and made herself a martyr. 'Judgment is in our nature. I do not seek to rise above it.' Her lighter, more sarcastic air had faded. She wanted Anu to understand her, somehow, understand her being. She wanted to transcend like Vendetta-- she wanted to be bathed in holiness.

[/html]
[html]

no worries.

Anu never moved to anger. At least not in normal situations, but this female had an abrasive personality that made her blood rise to a slow steady boil. She did her best to understand the other, see where she was coming from but the more they spoke the more obvious why she didn’t get alone with other became. All Anu would allow was a nod of her head at the others question. Yes, it was true. Perfection did not mean equality. It meant peace. A peace the fey didn’t know would end, but at the moment things were very peaceful.

It was the others laugh that rid Anu of any sort peace. There is no blind eye. Had she said they ignored flaws? No Anu was certain that she hadn’t. And she was certainly no ignoring the blemishes that the female was showing, but rose above pointing them out. Instead she continued to walk, but her voice did not hide the sudden carelessness that she felt. We only give a second chance to those that seek a new start, and wont tolerate some of the things other packs do. And oddly enough, we do not need to burn anyone’s house down. It would ignorant and useless for Anu say any more. She was aware of those who could not loose an argument; this was obviously a useless fight.

[/html]
[html]
sab's gonna make her leave, now, if thats okay~ this was fun :3 they should meet again sometime lol

Sabeen looked again at Anu and knew it was pointless. Immediately the humor fled from her eyes and instead stoicism took over. The lady accepted the other's words with with a nod, suddenly wishing she was alone. What a waste. Perhaps she had misjudged, but, no. She would not accept herself, yet. She turned away, a frown twisting her scarred lips. Wheat eyes explored the shadows. She would press herself into the darkness, trying to fight her nature. Sabeen stopped and looked at the blue eyed female. "Good luck with your Crimson Dream." Her tone was not exactly friendly, but it hadn't the meanness around the edges. She said nothing else, but allowed herself to move away from the other, fading into the shadows.

[/html]
[html]

sounds good :]

And suddenly all there was, was the single sentence and the back of the other female. Anu wasn’t shocked by her departure, for it wasn’t sudden or abrupt. It was graceful and a gentle turn of her body and a exit that Anu was sure she hadn’t yet mastered. Looking at the others back she didn’t smile, neither happy nor unhappy that she was going. Their time had ended and Anu was ready to turn herself home. No, she would find a place to shift and rest. Tomorrow would bring her to the place Sabeen had been so cruelly shunned from. And there was no telling who she would meet.

[/html]