i am the bones you couldn't break, break, BREAK.
[html]
Yussss. D: But I plan to eventually bring her back!

Ryan had fallen away from her sewing with time. It seemed that a lot of the things she used to do had now become obsolete in her life. It felt as if a cloud had been permanently cast over her life. She had been much happier before her encounter with Hybrid. She could still remember the first time she had met DaVinci and how playful she had been. Ryan wasn’t sure where that girl had gone off to. "Yes, but just this one dress. I used to have more, but this one is the only one I’ve worn in a long time." There used to be a dress of spring pastels, but perhaps the purple better reflected the shadow on her heart. "It feels strange for me not to wear it," and suddenly her senses became more aware of the fact that her frame was bare.

"I’m the same way. My mom and I used to travel ever since I was born, but Inferni is the only place that I’ve ever called home. Probably because it’s the one placed I’ve lived at for so long. Everything else before here was temporary." She could faintly hear the babble of the stream, but they still were quite a ways off (oh, the advantages of heightened canine senses).

[/html]
[html]
http://digital-bonsai.com/katew/rp/kae/kae_fall.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:240px; padding-left:15px; padding-right:15px; padding-bottom:10px;">
Hooray! I understand, she is sad about Davi. GO TO YOUR LOVE, RYAN! XD

The hybrid nodded, still fascinated by the idea. It was decoration, yes, and the ashen woman was not particularly fond of most decor unless it had symbolism behind ir—but it also served a function. It had to be warmer than just a coat, though most of the time Kaena's wolfish fur kept her quite comfortable, even in the frozen months. If it was thick enough, it would act just like a second skin, glancing off blows and lessening the impact and injury suffered from them. "Ah, that would be enough to keep me from wearing human clothes, I think," the hybrid confessed, shrugging her silvery shoulders. "I would not want to feel strange if I had to go without," she said. Other than that small detail, clothes would probably be a great idea. Kae had never been particularly derisive of human-ness, but at the same turn, neither was she particularly adaptive. The silvery woman could not look at an object and infer its use; she generally had to be instructed, rather than figuring it out on her own.

The hybrid woman smiled. She had not known her own mother beyond an angry face and a cruel hand, but she could identify—everything prior to Inferni did indeed feel temporary, even when she was there—Kaena had known she would not be in the DarkLands clan forever, she had known she would not serve beneath Wera and Narcyz for the remainder of her life. It was an odd feeling, but it was almost as if the instant Inferni was crafted by their hands, her homelessness had disappeared. "The nomad's life has its perks, to be sure, but I don't see how some of us wander forever," she said, sadly thinking of her own children, the ones who had never returned home again. "I'm just glad this place exists, is all. How lucky is it that Gabriel brought the clan over the mountain?" the ashen hybrid added. Without him, she would be as alone and homeless as she was when she first stumbled on the territories of Bleeding Souls.
[/html]
[html]
Thinking you could reply and then we can close this. Sound good? :}

Ryan had to wonder if she would still be wandering, had she not found Inferni and her father along with it. "I’m just glad I found Inferni. And my dad. All I knew was his name before I met him. I was lucky to actually find him here." She could still remember talking to Savina about all of this. The two women had instantly become best friends, though Ryan had let that friendship slip away as of late. A lot of things had begun to slip. "Inferni has really been a blessing. It’s one of the only places I’ve ever really felt at peace," even when she had first arrived at its borders lined in the piked skulls of dead wolves.

The fabric had almost completely dried, to Ryan’s surprise. They made their way towards the stream and Ryan could easily see her purple dress laid out on the bush where she had left it. There it is," she chimed, scooping it up in her clawed fingers and examining it. "Almost dry," she said, before lifting it over her head and pulling it down over her frame. Her security blanket was back in place. She turned on her heel, holding her arms out at her sides. "Ta-da," she chimed, grinning. Tucking an auburn lock out of her eyes, Ryan let her arms fall by her sides. "I guess I should head home. My daughter, Valkyrie, and I live in the caves. I better make sure she isn’t up to no good," though her voice was joking, since Ryan knew Val wasn’t one for mischief. "I’m sure I’ll see you again soon."

[/html]
[html]
Sounds good. ♥

The hybrid woman was curious now. She had missed the blank spot, the idea that Ryan had been raised exclusively by her mother—but now that the auburn coyote mentioned it and plainly stated that she had found her father, rather than known him all of her life, Kaena realized what she had passed over. It wasn't particularly curious to the grizzled coyote; plenty of canines didn't even know either real parent, for they'd been abandoned or struck out on their own too early to remember them. She wondered what that was like, and wondered if she would have been happier not knowing either of her parents. No doubt her mother's presence had been nothing but trouble for the Lykoi woman as a youth, but what about her father? He had abandoned Delphine for Sabryne, Kaena knew that. But he had come back, and she had known him, and through knowing him she had experienced the pain of his loss. Maybe it would have been better not knowing him at all—yet without him, without that hybrid man, she would not have known words like Inferni and Aquila, and the coyotes' legacy here would be different. Everything played a part, it seemed.

The hybrid woman wondered if Ryan knew the story behind her surname, the many great wolves who had held that same name and seen the world through those same eyes. "Your dad and you, your family is quite revered. There's a lot of history and power in your name alone," she said, smiling. It was an awkward thing to say, but the truth—de le Poer was hardly a forgotten name. The de le Poers were strong here still, and they had contributed their genes to her bloodline, forever entangling themselves with the Lykoi line. It was a benefit for both. "I'm with you there. I don't know if I'll know true peace before I sleep, but this is the closest thing to it," the hybrid added, almost merry in her tone. It felt good to know someone else within the clan felt the same.

They were approaching the stream now, and Kae's single eye could see a blur of color laid out flat on a bush. It was rather pretty, and the hybrid watched, fascinated, as Ryan slipped it over her head and straightened it out on herself. Kae gave an appreciative look and a nod, smiling. "Very nice," she complimented. Ryan stated her exit, and the hybrid woman nodded. She had already met Valkyrie some time ago, but she hadn't realized Anselm was already a grandfather. This amused her; it hadn't taken him nearly as long as it had taken her. Then again, she had started breeding later in life than most. Some of these kids—they were hardly a year and a half old when they had their first litter. Kae had been just over two, actually more normal in terms of the traditional way. Still, their weird genetic disease had imparted many strange traits on the canines, and there were worse, weirder things than just breeding early. "No doubt. Take care of yourself and Val," the hybrid woman added, grinning over at Ryan. She turned away then, heading around the borders once more. She would take the long way home, looping around the mansion and Occasus Promontorium before cutting across the territory to head to the caves for the night.

Table by James
[/html]