you always thought that i was stronger
[html]

Though the young Inferni woman had lived there since last fall, she had often skirted around this place, avoiding the deadly beauty it offered to anyone who would look. Perhaps she hadn’t come sooner because of Valkyrie – she used her daughter as an excuse whenever she felt like she was holding back. It was easy to say that she couldn’t do something because he daughter was still too young, or she needed to go look after Valkyrie. The girl was getting older now, and Ryan knew that excuse would no longer hold up to being feasible.

It was another miserable day, but that was to be expected. It hadn’t felt like summer at all these past few weeks, and had she not known, Ryan would have guessed it was still April. The rain had diminished to a thick mist, drenching everything it could touch. Ryan hardly noticed; she had situated herself at the base of the waterfall, allowing a few sparse branches of a tree to offer some shelter. She had been thinking a lot lately about the advice that Jefferson had given her. She had been told not to let go of DaVinci, but Ryan had to wonder if that was even possible. Could she continue to live her life here in Inferni if she were to try and preserve her relationship? She had started to think that it wasn’t possible, and she wasn’t about to give up her home for him. Not yet, not now. She had told Jefferson that she loved DaVinci, and she did believe that, but there were some things Ryan knew she just couldn’t sacrifice from love. Inferni, the only family she knew, was one of them.

Though the mist had heavily collected around the bottom of the waterfall, there was no sun to light the prisms into a ribbon of color. Ryan was only greeted by the soft drone of the water crashing down the ravine and the soft patter as the leaves around her gently swayed into one another.

[/html]
[html]
(300)

She was wearing her preferred scene outfit; the dark gray skull top and the tight pants. Her feet carried her west through the forested area and towards the large waterfall she knew was supposed to be located here somewhere. There was joy in her heart, and she seemingly floated along on those lovely clouds that carried her into the brilliant sunlight. The sound was the first sign that announced that the girl was going in the right direction, now heading slightly northwest. Meeting Kaena had definitely raised the young Lykoi child’s spirits, and suddenly she did not feel so lost and out of place here in the clan. At least some of Vitium’s many glorious stories had been true. Dark and silky locks waved behind the youth as she ran to execute the last distance between herself and the waterfall. The gal gave a soundless gasp in awe when she lifted her face to take in the scenery. The dark girl’s hackles lifted slightly when the tiny drops of water found her fur. It felt nice and slightly cool.

Slightly too late Halo noticed the other woman, one that she had yet to meet personally. However, the older member’s scent was familiar, so the girl relaxed. After a moment the girl danced towards her, openly announcing her brilliant mood. ”Hello” her soft voice sang out to the woman while her ruby eyes investigated the woman’s dress. It suited her, and the young girl felt a sting of jealousy. Inferni was bloated with family members, and when the girl raised her gaze to seek out the other member's eyes, she knew that she had found another de le Poer. That ruby hot gaze, like Halo’s, left no room for doubt. ”I’m Halo. Who might you be?” the girl let out, the light tones friendly. The girl knew little about this woman except for what the eye-colour told her, but she got the impression that the woman seemed slightly sad. Halo’s presence was probably not wanted, but the girl would not drift away before she was asked to.

[/html]
[html]

There was one good thing about the rain. Even amongst the Waste, everything was green it seemed. Slender fingers moved out beside her, absentmindedly plucking at the grass blades. This day mildly reminded Ryan of when she had spoken to Hybrid about Valkyrie; it had been raining that day as well, though the weather hadn’t reverted to mist like it had done now. She still remembered his denial at first, but it felt nice to have the truth in the open. With all the things Ryan was facing now, veiling the truth about Valkyrie’s father was the last thing the Inferni woman had needed on her shoulders.

Her crimson gaze lifted to the soft, light voice, studying the young girl’s frame in attempts to recognize her. Ryan knew she had never met her before, but it was obvious she was a member of the clan. In fact, Ryan wouldn’t have been surprised to hear that they were somehow related. "I’m Ryan," returning the greeting, she took a closer look at the girl. She noted the blood red gaze – a common trait, it seemed, among the coyotes of Inferni. "Gabriel must have accepted you," she observed, voice friendly and light. Though Ryan was torn with what to do with herself, she tried her best to disguise the melancholy.

"Do you have family here?" Both girls had left off their surnames, mostly, Ryan felt, because their meeting was colloquial. The mention of de le Poer always made Ryan feel as if she were introducing herself to a loner at their borders. Even that still seemed strange to her – the formality and technicality. Ryan had been neglecting her post lately, but maybe Gabriel had been too busy with his own life to notice. She would try harder. After all, she owed it to the clan.

[/html]
[html]
Sorry for the wait and for the crappy post Sad

Was Ryan a girl’s name? It had a new sound to it, and the girl pondered if she found it masculine or feminine. If the name had been tossed out into the empty air without any owner, she would have quickly discarded it as a male’s name. Not that it did not suit the woman somehow though. It did. The girl stood still, jealous of the other woman’s wavy hair. Halo nodded quickly when Gabriel’s name came up. Yes, and she had been disappointed in the way she had been granted a membership and nothing more. They were family, and she could not understand why he did not seem to care to get to know her. Was it because of Vitium alone, or was that the doggish leader in general? The dark Lykoi did not know, because this was all she had seen of him.

”Gabriel is my uncle.” the girl announced quietly, adoring the coyote’s dress yet again as she spoke. The ruby eyed girl slowly crossed her hands over her belly, giving off an impression of being slightly uncomfortable. ”Half the clan is my family or so I hear, but-“ well, what was there to say about it? Was it worth it to whine and complain to a complete stranger? The girl decided it was not, and did not finish the sentence. Instead she let her gaze dance up to the older female’s face. ”Do you?” She was sure Ryan was, but she would play nice and ask first so that she could be granted the confirmation that it indeed was so.

[/html]
[html]

The blade of grass that had been clasped between two fingers suddenly fluttered away to the expansive field of green below and was lost. Ryan smiled up at the girl before her, not surprised to hear she was related to Gabriel. Most everyone in Inferni had ties one way or another. Hell, even Ryan was related to the Aquila, though distantly. All their blood seemed to want to converge on that one spot; perhaps it was some sort of instinct to want to be a member within these borders.

Ryan nodded in response, not noticing how Halo seemed to be standing slightly uncomfortable. Instead, she was thinking now of all her own blood ties. "Gabriel is my uncle too," she started, but then knew to correct herself. "Well, not exactly. He and my father are cousins, but I guess I look to him as if he were an uncle. My father is Anselm de le Poer. I don’t know if you know of him." It had been some time since he had left co-leadership of the clan and his daughter behind, but Ryan was starting to see how names of old members never really died. Not with all this kin around, at least. "But really, it’s just me and my daughter when it comes to close family. I’m related distantly by blood to most here, but not immediately." She wondered what it would be like to live with a sibling here. Perhaps an older brother, or maybe even her mother. It made her sad to think of the deceased, however, so she pushed her fantasy away. "Are you living in the mansion?" She asked the girl mostly because she was curious, but also so that their conversation wouldn’t stir away into the nothingness of the mist that surrounded them.

[/html]
[html]
(300)

Halo had not heard of Anselm de le Poer. She was still relatively fresh here, and her father had not been up to date with his stories about Inferni. The name was new to her, but now when it had been introduced she knew that she would not get it. de le Poer was as much her family as Lykoi. The girl pondered whether Ryan was part Lykoi too, although she found it hard to believe such because Gabriel and Anselm were cousins. The young girl fidgeted with her long hair, thinking that Ryan was too young to already be a mother. This was entirely because her own parents had been way beyond her age when Halo’s litter had been born. Perhaps it was normal for all Halo knew. Her family was not exactly the average happy ever after type. The dark Lykoi was happy that there were so many relatives in Inferni, but she had yet to forge any ties with them except for that obvious one in blood. She hoped that still would come.

”Yes” the girl answered quickly at the woman’s seemingly random question. To be honest, Halo seemed to be one of few that lived there. She could not complain though, because she liked having her own place where she and her lovely rodents could lay back without being disturbed. That reminded her, she had not seen the ivory Siobhan lately. Nor caught the scent of her for that sake. The girl had not been very kind to her in truth, but an Inferni member would have to endure worse than that to break into a grimace. The room had been empty. Halo could not have known that the white female was storing her dresses in there. ”My two brothers are here too; Jael and Enigma.” she eventually added, wondering if the woman was interested at all in this information.

[/html]
[html]

Sorry for this wait! <3

"Oh," she replied, as she herself had only been inside the mansion a handful of times. She still avoided it as it was the one place within the clan’s territory that still sort of gave her the creeps. She didn’t know of Jael or Enigma, but she nodded anyhow. "Must be nice to have siblings around," she suggested, though not really knowing whether it would be or not - and she never would from experience. With a quick sweep of one slender finger, she brushed back a stray auburn lock that had fallen in front of her eyes. "Do you like it here so far?" This question had been recently added to the arsenal whenever Ryan greeted someone new. She wanted to know whether or not everyone was happy here in Inferni, partially because she couldn’t decide whether or not she was. Though she was scared to admit it out loud, she knew she was failing as a leader. Maybe Gabriel should look into some of the other members… but even Ryan couldn’t pinpoint right away another who would be able to serve well alongside the Aquila. She sighed, without meaning to, and looked up towards Halo feeling guilty, as if somehow that exhale of breath had also let her thoughts slip.

[/html]
[html]
(300) shhh Smile

Halo had actually expected it to be nice to have her brothers around her, but no, it was not. Jael and Enigma always fought and threw dirt at each other. The Lykoi girl remembered their ‘reunion’ well. Jael walked around and pretended to be this martyr, but he was being a bloody dick. He thought Enigma and Halo were so cruel and unfair to him because he had a wolf’s coat? Jael had outright ignored her and kept on talking shit to Enigma. Actually, Jael’s appearance would not have meant a damn fucking thing to the girl if it had not been for that he had to act as if it made him so unique and special. Of course the two darker siblings had picked on the white boy when he was younger, but was it not natural for siblings to be a bit cruel every now and then? Halo had stopped this foolish act some time ago, but she was seriously wondering if she should just start it again, since it seemed to be what Jael truthfully wanted. Stupid boy. Her family was so fucked up.

Not as nice as it should have been..” Halo breathed out, feeling weary just by thinking of her odd family and those two immature siblings. Halo was immature as well of course, but last meeting with Jael had really pissed the girl off, and she had not seen the white boy after that. She did not feel like being treated like something stupid and worthless. Jael’s general complaining seemed to suggest that his siblings thought that they were better than him because they looked more like the Lykoi and de le Poer side of the family, but his disgusting act seemed to propose that it actually was Jael that thought himself better. Idiot. ”It’s not what I expected, but yeah, I like it.” Kaena’s return had brought new and stronger significance to Halo’s life. The girl could not see herself leaving this clan ever, unless it was death that came for her. Halo’s thought drifted, though settled softly when she heard the sigh from the other. For a moment she almost got angry because she thought it had been thrown out at her as an obvious sign that Ryan was bored with her, but she realized that she was judging people very heavily lately.

Ruby eyes met the same colour, and Halo wondered what she could read in the older woman’s eyes. ”Are you okay?”

[/html]
[html]

Not what she expected, but she liked it... Ryan could appreciate that, she supposed. She often wondered about her daughter Valkyrie whom had only ever lived here in Inferni. They had spent plenty of time on Inferni’s shore when Val had been a little girl, and Ryan had to wonder if her daughter ever wanted to know what was beyond the horizon. Would she end up leaving Inferni just as Talitha had left Gabriel? Ryan wanted her daughter to do whatever made her happy, but she hoped that she would never leave her. After all, the girl was all that Ryan had left. Everyone else who had managed to get close to her heart had left her behind, one way or another.

Ryan offered a smile accompanied by a soft chuckle. "Am I that easy to read?" Her smile melted into a melancholy, reflected so well in the mist that surrounded them. What a miserable day. "I guess not, but it’s not anything that any one could fix." She turned to Halo, "Not unless you know how to resurrect the dead?" A few simple laughs escaped her maw and she turned away, half expecting to see those ghosts wandering through the mist. "Are your parents not here with you and your brothers?" She asked, turning her gaze back on the girl beside her. Perhaps they were more alike that Ryan would have guessed.

[/html]
[html]

Yes, Halo had expected something greater. Inferni was far more passive than what the hybrid’s father had suggested in his deceiving tales. The girl had found few of the answers she had longed for. Kaena Lykoi had turned disappointment into bliss, though. There was nowhere else for the girl to turn now, and there were already strong ties of loyalty pinning her down and keeping her from wandering away. She hoped time would help her adapt. Ryan wondered if she was that easy to read, and Halo simply smiled, determined to pretend that she was. It had been more a question and guess for the hybrid in truth. Had someone died? The girl wanted to dig and interrogate this further instantly, but Ryan’s own question eliminated the girl’s current direction of thought. Oh, fuck it. A sharp glance with boiling anger was sent to the older woman. Ryan could not know, but Halo was suddenly close to furious. ”No, they are both nothing more than scum.” she hissed out reluctantly. Colibri Soul had lived many years of her life in the Bleeding Souls lands, but Halo hoped the white bitch would never ever decide to go back. She hoped that her mother was dead. Her father could die too for all she cared. He was no better than any other traitor. ”They are not my parents. I just happen to share their blood.” If it could only be so simple.
[/html]