Washed by the Water
[html]

Brooklyn, by the stables. I hope thats okay… let me know :]

This was home now, that was certain. It had felt like he had been alone for ages, and yet it had been less then a year. Now, this pack of dogs and mismatched canines were his family, and their lands of scattered coasts, cabins, sparse forests and towering cliffs were his home. The stables, as aged and weathered they might be, had become his house and the tenants of the stalls his wards. The roan mare needed care, and while he worked on her and her needs the male cleaned and worked with the rest. All their names weren’t known, but Heath learned them slowly and found other things to call them. His loft was sparse, but comfortable and he was sure that he and his things always smelled of horse and straw.

The thin tawny male roamed the surrounding landscapes of the farm, his constant (it seemed) companion grazed in the grasses beyond the fences. The weather had been wet, so much so that hauling water was no longer a daily task. Rain water was now just as fresh and more convenient. When the sun sat high in the clouded and dreary sky Heath found that he had little left for chores. Though the weather was not as he remembered his first summer, bright and sunny, at the moment the rains were no longer torrential. A long whistle called to Lummeire and he further away from the stables, thinking of a midday meal.

[/html]
[html]
Thanks for the reminder, I had seen it but sometimes my brain takes a holiday. 300+

Brooklyn wanted to see Gael. She wanted to go to Inferni again and sneak around their borders, like she had before. The fear of meeting the grey hybrid, or someone worse, made her weary. Instead, she had skulked around, sniffing the air, trying to catch his scent. It was gone. Faded, like a dream when she woke up from deep sleep. She'd whispered his name softly, under her breath, not sure if she were heard or not. No reply had come and as the rain kept on pattering on the leaves above her head, the white female had had to call it a day. He wasn't there. It hurt to think about it in this fashion, gone, without a goodbye, without saying anything to her. Did she not matter? At all?

Haven could help, she knew that. Her eyes brimming with tears, Brooklyn walked by the coast, close to her brother's pack. She was unaware of his own problems, that they both had had their hearts broken. The rain kept hitting her, like small daggers to her heart. For a moment, she paused by the borders, scanning the landscape. It seemed desolate, but the rain just made it harder on her, weighed down her clothes, her heart, her mind. She should call for Haven, she knew that. She should patiently wait for him, like a good sister. She'd promised, hadn't she? Well, screw promises.

The girl sneaked into the lands, trying not to hate herself for it. She should have known better. Gael. He should have come with her. Brooklyn's eyes couldn't hold back any more tears and she started openly crying, her vision even blurrier. The tall shape by the stables did not look like her orange brother. He, whoever he was, looked... could it be? How? Why? Her heart started racing, her breath quick and short. Gael. She couldn't even speak his name, it seemed too surreal. With no thought of her safety, not completely sure if it was really him, the girl pelted towards the stranger, shouting the name of the one she loved. "Gael! Gael, it's me!"

[/html]
[html]

I get paranoid people don't see thread... xD

The horse would take him to the herd. The mare knew their scent, knew where the best grasses were. Heath had wanted to try hunting on horseback, but felt as if a bow would be needed. But just maybe, he could leap from Lumière’s back and onto a small deer. It sounded more like a quick way to get trampled and killed the a new tactic. He would need to find rope, and learn to wrangle as the cowboy used to. He would need to hunt as he always had until them. Her walked slowly, feeling the tall gasses pass over his fur. The roan mare followed, moving close enough that he could touch her shoulder. Then they parted, she moved left and he right, though there was a clear connect between them despite the growing distance.

A sound, accompanied by a scent came to him. Her slowed, stopped. Gold eyes turned to find a pallid figure running through the rain sodden grass. She called the name of his brother, and Heath could only stand in surprise and astonishment. The woman ran towards him, she was a Dreamer, a scent that Heath would never forget. The last Dreaming woman that ran to him was a large black witch, and she had not known his name at all. This one was confused. Lumière heard and saw her, and Heath was shocked that she did not kick into a gallop and cut that young woman off her path. There was grief in her face, perhaps the roan sensed as much.

“You call me my brother’s name.” He spoke, accented voice calling to her. He looked perplexed, and could only stand his ground as he watched her.

[/html]
[html]

I'm totally down with the ideas in the PM. She's staying in CD :3

Brooklyn couldn't understand why he refused to run towards her, why every step made him come more into focus and how her heart seemed to stop beating the more she looked at him. So similar, but not Gael, not the one she was pining for. Love was a tricky thing, really, it crept into your blood and poisoned you, made you go crazy with longing and need until the world seemed to close in on you and strangle everything of worth out of it. Her love of him had only been blooming when he'd vanished, but the memory of that one beautiful afternoon remained. Here, this ghost was not him, but it was enough of him to hurt her.

She stopped, her ears falling flat against her head. She was a stranger here and Haven would be upset. She could never explain it properly. The words reached her in slow motion, as if she were asleep. Brother? You? You were the one he was looking for? She couldn't believe it. Her heart was beating wildly in her chest, fluttering like a trapped bird. Could Gael be here? Brooklyn looked around, anxiously waiting for him to come and sweep her in his arms.

[/html]
[html]

oh yay, it should be fun! ... :O really?

He had not heard the name said aloud in some time, though he thought of it often. Each day that passed he thought of them less and less, and didn’t speak of them to any one. Ruri was the only one that knew, she and Haven. But Haven had know since he had entered these lands in winter’s cold storms. Gold eyes looked at the young woman, perhaps just a few months under his own age. She was a Dreamer by scent, though he was not weary of her. She could not hurt him, not as the black wench had. Heath’s thoughts of the large aggressive female were still soured by the fight, though he did not hold a grudge towards the pack. Not a large one anyways. Nothing about her made him think of her brother and his packmate, but he did watch her as she became broken at the words he said and the sight he gave.

Heath was taken aback at the words. Gael had searched for him? He hadn’t thought that he would, Heath had given up on them or at least tried to. It was craven to not confront his father, but life must move on, right? Gael had failed at fighting him and a shame now accompanied him in Heath’s thoughts.
“He searched for me?” if he had Heath knew nothing of it. Watching the white-coated woman Heath grew unsure. Questions rolled though his mind… Who was she to his brother and why was she so distraught?

[/html]