Paint the Seconds
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... leaf_t.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Sorry! I totally did not see your post >n<
300+

"A beautiful girl?" Amata repeated. It would be much nicer to be a beautiful girl than to be a brother and therefore a boy. She nodded grudgingly, but when her Mamma continued to explain that she had not said what Amata had said that she had said, she tilted her head in confusion. She wondered what was truly meant by her Mamma’s words, for it didn’t occur to the pup that her young mind did not comprehend certain words as it would was she older. "I’s has been a good girls," she confirmed at length, turning to smile lightly at Mat-tea. She was glad that she hadn’t been bothering the other girl. It would be bad to have all the fun by herself and not having shared it with the one who was teaching her!

Amata smiled brightly and proudly. "I’s loves you toos, Mamma," she replied softly as the mother’s tongue licked her cheek. Amata tried to lick her back, but her black mother had already retreated to a high place that she couldn’t reach, and so she simply decided that a lick on the leg would have to do. Her little pink tongue went to tenderly lick her Mamma’s leg, and she bumped her head against it affectionately. Quietly, so that she wouldn’t interrupt (because interrupting was rude) the girl sprawled herself out upon the black paws of the much larger wolf. Her soft, warm tummy liked the funny feeling of the harder knuckles pressing into her gut, and she liked the warm feeling that emanated from those paws. Smiling, she lay her head upon the wooden ground, feeling suddenly tired. After the great accomplishment of painting, and with all the excitement, it was no wonder that the small pup’s energy was drained. Her tail wagged slowly and happily behind her as she yawned. Maybe she could take a nap and play later in the day. That sounded like a good plan.

[/html]
[html]

Violet eyes moved from the cream hued pup to the dark furred mother. When she was Amata’s size she had two of these figures, mothers with never ending love. It had been nice knowing that she could go to either parent and find such warm acceptance. To her knowledge a father was loving, of course, but at time absent and not holding the need to pamper and caudle. But in truth Mati didn’t know, and she wondered if she ever would really understand.

She laughed at the exchange of words between mother and child. It was an easy mistake, she figured, for the pup. Knowing that it was her actions that help bring such a pride in the developing cub brought pride to her own heart. She had taught her to paint, and no other could take that title from her The chocolate female smiled, feeling that she had in some way helped bring the mother and child together in a unique way.

Savina’s words brought Mati from her warm and fuzzy daze. Ears perked, and eyes looked to the green orbs that Commander held. It was always easy to talk to her Aunt. At times it was hard to talk to her Anu -mother, and with Naniko gone and maybe never returning home she felt a sense of isolation and even abandonment. Anu was hard to talk to, knowing that she felt a certain way for the ex-Commander (though Mati wasn’t sure if it was good or not). Savina was the mother figure that never judged her.

At her next words Mati’s smile grew inquisitive. Oddly she hadn’t thought of a rank to match her Captain status, but maybe it was time that she took on the responsibility. The pups were packmates that held a special place in her heart and making their care a priority was something that Mati had always done. “You think so?” The girl asked, not thinking that anyone would recognize her maternal instinct that drew her to the youngsters. “I think I’d like that.” She also thought she could be good at it.

Turning to the pup Mati asked with a hidden hint of excitement. “What about you Mata, should I be the Nanny around here?”

[/html]
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... hell_t.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
300+

Amata still seemed to be a little confused about this all, but Savina didn't worry over it. No doubt soon this instance would be forgotten by her young mind and she would be off playing and laughing once again. That was one of the wonderful thing about pups, so little really fazed them. Of course large incidents would, as Cambria's with the drugs, but little things like this soon passed. If only they didn't lose that carefree attitude when they grew up. The Commander certainly would love to be able to not worry about all the little things. It was just the way of the world she supposed though. The more you learned and experienced the more seriously you had to take things. You had to store your conversations and encounters to memory so you would not risk making the same mistakes twice. Though even being able to go back to that simple time of life for a day would be such a gift. Just one carefree day would be so rejuvenating. "A very beautiful girl, yes." The mother nuzzled her pup's soft ears. No matter what anyone else thought, her children would always be beautiful in her eyes.

Though her focus had fixated back on Mati, at the lick and bump on her legs she looked back down to her daughter, smiling. As Amata sprawled herself over her paws she let out a quiet and happy sigh. The position didn't look all that comfortable to the mother, but if the pup was content then there was no reason to question it. Savina kept her front legs and paws still so as not to disturb the lounging child. Perhaps after they were done talking to Mati it would be nap time. When the Captain spoke she looked back to her, smile still fixed upon her face. "I know so." Mati was the perfect wolf to look after the pups of Crimson Dreams, there really was no one better suited to the job. Plus it was always good to have a job that you felt you could excel at. It made you feel more important and more worthy. It could be a good confidence booster for the young female. "If you'd like it then the job is your's. I know you'll do great, you already have." The Italian would have liked to move forward to give Mati an affectionate nudge, but she was pinned to her current spot with Amata.

[/html]
[html]

yay! ... & .... end! thanks for threading with me!!! -dances-

Sometimes Mati wondered if she would ever have what her Aunt did. Would she find her knight in brilliant white? Would she fall in love and never want to fall out? Would she be blessed with pups, blessed by the sound of the small voices and their smiles? Mati wished, hoped to know the love that the family shared. They were never selfish or unwilling to share, but Mati wanted to create it and call it her own. She didn’t know she was still so very young, and that her life had yet to truly unfold. A year had past and not much more. There was so much ahead that the girl was blinded and could only focus on what she now lacked.

The Commander smiled, and Mati smiled with her. Savina had faith in her, trusted her with her pups and knew that she would not fail. How could she? With this new title she would be the confidence that the leader of the pack gave standing behind her. She could make decisions that would benefit her charges, and the pack as a whole. It was the very first bit of responsibility that no other would have among their ranks, it was her job and Mati was ready to take it seriously. Eye strayed to the sleeping pup, but quickly returned to Savina’s face. “I’ll take it.” She said with a smile, the excitement heavy in her voice. Again she looked to the youngster that was now officially under her care, and Mati hid a small giggle. The pup would need a bath, but maybe when she woke from her nap Mati would take her out into the rain to play in a puddle. She could imagine the puddle bleeding yellow once they were finished.

[/html]