things like that drive me out of my mind
[html]
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/ ... Xtable.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Xeris was in very high spirits today. She was sure that it had to do with Pendzez and the happenings of the other day. But whatever the reason, she was feeling great. She'd decided to go for a walk in the woods today--being sure to stay clear of Inferni territory this time. For the first time in a while, her arm was without a sling and functional. This just added to her good mood. In her optime form, she wandered along, admiring the beauty of the forest.

It was then that she came upon the lake. She'd never seen such a place in her life; the waters were so beautifully blue and smooth. The view was incredible. Xeris wished that Pendzez was here to enjoy it with her; but on second thought she hoped he didn't find out that she'd gone wandering off again. Despite his assurances that he was just caring for her, she didn't want to make him worry too much after the Inferni incident. For a moment, she leaned against a tree, looking out over the still blue water, smiling. She'd go back to Phoenix Valley in a little while, but for now, she was enjoying the nature.

[/html]
[html]

My apologies for the wait! I honestly forgot about needing to post here. ^^; 318 words.

I am just a shipwreck upon your shore

Vigilante was beginning to feel as though his life was taking no direction so far in this pack of misfits he had joined. Unfortunately, he did not know how to go about fixing up his life and had taken to wandering outside of the pack lands in hopes of finding something to entice him into an active lifestyle. He hadn't become lazy, just. . . Inactive. His hopes for a "normal" life were going nowhere. He had no mate, no family, no real house or den, and no co-rank as of yet. He was basically doing nothing except exist and try unsuccessfully to flirt and make a few friends. In a way, he supposed that this is what minor depression felt like.

It wasn't as if he did not want to do something with his life. In fact, he had very recently done something he found worthwhile, and he hoped that the woman he had saved from herself would agree. But what was one little action against a currently stagnant life? It was an improvement on how he had been living his life, but he was back to wandering, coming up close to the large lake curiously. This was not an ares he had been to before, but it was nice. The view was exceptional, and it seemed as though he was not going to be alone all day, after all. The white woman held the scent of a pack, though it was not one he recognized.

He stood a few feet away from her, looking at the water for a few moments before turning his head so that he could address her properly. In the time that he had been standing there, he had unknowingly fallen into a similar stance as hers, leaning against a tree with one leg crossed over the other one, arms folded against his chest. "Come here often?" he inquired with his normal doggish smile.

[/html]
[html]
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... /xeris.png); background-position: top; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:8px; padding-top:70px;">
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... are_80.png);">

Xeris was suddenly startled and drawn back to reality from her thoughts by the sound of an unfamiliar voice. She turned abruptly to see an unfamiliar male leaning against a tree beside her. The white female's golden eyes looked him over. He looked rather different from the other wolves that Xeris had seen; he resembled a dog more than a wolf. He asked her if she came here often. She tensed a little, wondering if he was trying to flirt with her. Pendzez wouldn't be too happy about that if he were here...

"No," she responded finally, "I don't, actually. I usually stay in Phoenix Valley." Xeris supposed that she ought to at least be friendly; this stranger didn't seem to be affiliated with Inferni or anyone else dangerous, so it was worth a try. "And you? Do you come here often? And who are you?" Admittedly, the white wolfess was rather skeptical of this unfamiliar male who had approached her suddenly--perhaps her confrontation with the one-eyed coyote had caused this paranoia in her mind.
[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the failwait. . . College started and I moved into my dorm so I was on absence. 300+ words.

I am just a shipwreck upon your shore

Well, it quickly became evident the alabastor wolf did not seem particularly friendly. Vigilante was, admittedly, not fond of her accusatory tone when she turned the question back on him. He had no problem answering it, but she did not need to seem so hostile about it. It was a common thing for him to not be trusted upon first sight, since he had killed many and was feared in his home lands, and everyone here seemed to be very defensive when it came to strangers. It was a good thing, of course, to not freely give yourself over to anyone who happened to walk by you. Still, the earthen-hued man did not think it was necessary to be so unpleasant over being asked a simple question.

"I apologize if my presence is not welcomed. I can leave, if you would prefer to be left alone," he offered, his tone remaining as polite and formal as always. Despite her tone, he would not act rudely towards her. She had every right to be wary of him, he supposed, although he did wish she had been more receptive towards his words, since he had been hoping to try out a new conversation starter. Unfortunately, Vigilante still viewed himself as socially awkward, and he was very self-concious of that fact. Pushing off of his perch against the tree, he offered her his right hand, hoping the gesture would be enough to relax her so that he could try and redeem his image, in her eyes. Like most, he cared what others thought of him, but unlike many, he was willing to admit this.

"Vigilante Haskel. I do not frequently come here, but I do like to explore the lands around Cour des miracles, so it's very common for me to be out and about like this," he explained. Hopefully the explanation would be enough for the white female. Since she obviously did not want his company openly, then he felt that he did not owe her much of an explanation. If she turned out to be friendly enough, then maybe this excursion would have been worth it, because he did not want to be returning to his pack with the same feelings of being lonely he had left with. He only wanted a little company.

[/html]