thread title missing
The Locum wandered throughout the packlands, she had been trying to keep up the new chores and duties as expected of her. She didnt want any reason for Jefferson or Geneva to be dissapointed in her. She manuvered through the forests, seeking new ways for the pack to go about traveling in their homelands. She found a deserted trail that lead to the south. "That may serve us some good someday..." she mumbled.

Rendall continued to explore around. It seemed like forever ago that she was just a skinny toddler who stumbled upon this place. She was more of a teen now, though it had only been about three months since her first arrival. Her body was starting to slender alittle and her legs became longer. Most of her pup fluff had fallen out and had been replaced with a fine lean juvinile fur. She was still a child at heart though she was starting to look more different.

She finally placed herself comfortably under a beautiful willow tree. Rendall looked about herself and noticed that some leaves had taken on a more lime-green color than a dark green. This made her frown, she realized that this would be her first winter alone. With no family, no mother or father or silbings. She took a deep breath to relax herself, winter was many months away still, and she had plenty of time to prepare.

The sound of thunder starlted the young wolf and rain came pouring down on the world before her. She grumbled and stood up to shake off her fur. The wolf-child then formed into her opitime form and began to run and stretch her legs. The faint scent of another wolf caught her nose and she came to a stop. "Hello?" she called out in her child-like voice, she may look alittle more mature but her voice remained the same. She peered through the foggy rain in hopes to see who might be joining her.
[html]
Out of the rain came a familiar friendly face, the kindhearted warrior cracked a smile at what he considered his little sister. Ty had been out trying to fish, when the rains came down on him. His spear, a weapon from his times as a mercenary, was now being used as his fishing tool in an attempt to get fish quick. He was of course in optime form, simply because he couldn't really hold the fearsome weapon in any other form. Along with two fish he had speared before the rains came in his other hand. When seeing the young Rendall, Ty's tail had begun to wag, it was nice to be in her company.

"ho there Rendall!" The cheerful wolf said with a smile, waving his hand as he walked closer. "I can see you got caught in the rains as I did...ah well, that's luck isn't it?" He asked with a hearty laugh. He then jutted the spear's butt end into the ground like a walking stick and asked the blue pup "What brought you out here, little friend? Not many folks come along this path." He then cracked another charismatic grin as the rain began to turn his fluffy, shaggy coat into a wet mop.
[/html]
Pendzez sat down leaning on the big willow tree, which was providing a lot of cover from the fierce pelting rain and the thundering sounds that echoed from the heavens above. Oh how the day was going so well, until the land had to re-welcome the rain, which was only here some days ago. Well, that's the thing about weather. It was unpredictable. The humans may have had ways to see when the next cloudy or rainy day will be, but the wolves don't have any methods similar to the human predictions. Guess that's what separated the humans from the animals.

As the rain fell, hitting the leaves above, it sounded like a story. That's what rain was sounding like, a story that echoed along with the thunder for effect. This story would be a soothing one at best, if only it was in perfect sense instead of just beating rain upon the ground. Apart from being the spirit king, he had knowledge of stories that would be better than the rains old story, but a good story none the less.

The white male was comfortable where he was positioned, until he heard voices that was from the other side of the tree. The voices were familiar, actually noticeable that it was Ty and Rendall. What luck. He hasn't seen Rendall since Xeris was bleeding with massive cuts. Pendzez noticed that the girl was also maturing. He was pleased with her progress into rank and life. Standing up from his seated position, he walked around the trunk, Ty and Rendall coming into view. "Hey guys. What's up?"
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... _table.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

The rain had just started back up again when Xeris suddenly heard the sound of voices. They were familiar voices; she recognized them as Rendall, Ty and...Pendzez. Her mate. She smiled, dashing off through the rain to find them. Eventually she noticed them, standing close together and attempting to stay out of the rain as much as they could. Xeris was eager to go join them--but she had an idea.

Xeris took a different path this time, so that she could creep up behind her friends. She suddenly approached Pendzez from behind and grabbed her mate by the hand in a friendly attempt to surprise him. "Hi there," she said to him. Her golden eyes looked over to the other two, Rendall and Ty, and she broke into a grin. "Hey Rendall, hey Ty!" She supposed that now was as good a time as ever for them to find out about her and Pendzez, and she was in such a good mood that she was up for anything anyway.

[/html]
The first to emerge from the mist was her friend and older brother Ty. The pup smiled lightly at him as he made his was through the rain towards her. "Luck it is indeed." she chuckled at the look of Ty, He looked like a drowned rat. "I was out here exploring old paths, trying to get a feel for the area i suppose."She observed the fish Ty had caught. Today was a good day for fishing.

Their conversation was interupted by another familiar voice. Pendzez, a wolf that was more of a father to Rendall than he even thought. Pendzez had been her mentor for a few months and had taught her everything. She smiled at the white noble male, and laughed at him as well. Though she must have looked just as bad, it was quite entertaining to see her noble and proud family so soaked from the rains. "Hello Pendzez, what brings you here on this uh...."fine" day"

One more time thier conversation was happily interupted by another comfortably familiar voice. "Xeris!" It had been earlier that day that she discovered her wonderfully delightful Xeris had become mates with Pendzez. The show of hands confirmed it, she looked up brightly at them both. "Well its about time!" she ran over to give her friends hugs, starting with Xeris, as always, and ending with Ty.
[html]
"Well, that's always a good thing, there are a lot of winding passageways around here that even I am not familiar with." He chuckled as he pushed the fur out of his eyes. "Of course, I've been rather lazy about this area." He said as he patted her shoulder like an older brother would, he didn't really care if they were related by blood, they acted like brother and sister, which was good enough for him.

However, their talk was interrupted by the joyful appearance of Pendzez and...Xeris? It took Ty a minute for it all to register, the voice, the holding of the hands, but he quickly understood, right after Rendall interjected that it was about time. And to be honest, Ty couldn't agree more, they had all seen those two as a couple but them, until now anyway. Chuckling, he crossed his arms and smirked knowing. "So you two finally went for it huh? I'm happy for the both of you." He then turned to the white noble and gave another knowing smirk. "You took my advice huh?"
[/html]
Pendzez was surprised as his mate, Xeris came up from behind, taking him by the hand. He turned to face her, smiling happily as he let his tongue touch her nose in a playful matter. He was happy now that the two were mates. Mates was like a sacred bond between two wolves that love each other. Since Pendzez was a spirit king, he saw it as a very sacred bond. He would like it honored as a sacred vow between two wolves.

He looked at Ty as he was asked about going for it. Pendzez was pleased that he did. Who knows what might have happened if he didn't. "Yes, I did. Thanks for your help Ty. I know Xeris and I will do well with our mateship." He was starting to wonder about pups. Oh how grand it will be for him to have pups. He always wondered what it will be like to be a dad.
[html]
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... /xeris.png); background-position: top; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:8px; padding-top:70px;">
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... are_80.png);">

Xeris grinned at her mate's happy sense of surprise as well as the looks on the faces of the others. "Thank you," she said in response to their congratulations. And she was truly happy. Not only was she with her mate, but she was with her friends, too. A clap of thunder, however, reminded her that Mother Nature was not acting particularly cheerful today. "I don't know about you guys but I think we've had enough storms lately..." she mused.

She was amused when Pendzez and Ty discussed Ty's "advice." So Pendzez had turned to Ty for advice, eh? She didn't mind; in fact, the thought of it was rather funny to her. But she didn't say anything about that for now, and turned to Rendall and Ty. "What about the two of you, how are you doing?" As she asked this, Xeris noticed that Pendzez seemed to be thinking about something. But she supposed that was only natural; he'd just gotten a mate and there were a lot of things on his mind. Xeris herself had a lot on her own mind, but for now she just wanted to spend time with her friends.
[/html]
The girl turned to look at Ty and shook herself off as the rain set into her fur. " Well I've been doing well, with all my new duties on bored, I've been pretty busy lately. However, I always have alittle time for my family" she smiled brightly at the white couple. They belonged together.

Another clap of thunder sent the rain pouring down. Black angry clouds darkened the sky, and flashes of lightening brightened everything around them. Rendalls hair stood on end, but it quickly went away after a few deep breaths. She turned back to Ty. "How have you been Ty? have you seen Anya lately?"
[html]
Ty shrugged when he asked how things had been going. "Well, I haven't had a ton to do, but I'm enjoying having boarder duty, being the head warden really seems to work for me. I feel my talents work for this duty." He smiled gleefully as he spoke about his pack duty. He didn't mind the other positions he had been, but this one just felt right for what he was, he hoped he wasn't going to change duties again anytime soon.

However, his brow furrowed in concern when asked about the grey wolfess known as Anya, to which he replied with equal concern. "I'm afraid I haven't Rendall..." It wasn't that Ty was overly worried about her, she was capable of handling herself, but he wondered where she might have gone. Did she leave the pack so quickly as she came?Was it something he said? He couldn't worry about it too much though, she had her own mind and her own actions. She was probably just wandering about somewhere.
[/html]
Pendzez knew how grand it would be to have the same rank as Ty has. Pendzez had it before. Mainly, you become in charge of border control, actually being head of border patrol, questioning any persons that are trespassing or are along the borders, not to mention to remove that have no business expect to cause trouble. Pendzez knew that Ty was an honorable wolf to have a position like this that he can be responsible of taking. Same with Rendall and her position

Pendzez looked at his friends, from Rendall to Xeris to Ty. He was thinking now that he was with his friends again. The four mustn't have met up in a while now. Pendzez found it grand and honorable to be with friends who he is close to. He was greatful for having friends like this. "To think that the four of us would meet up like this aye? Maybe it was meant to be."
Rendall nodded in agreement, it seemed like forever since she first met all of them, and now look where they were? Ty finally got a job that suited him, and Xeris and Pendzez were together, it seemed like life here was turning out to be pretty good. The girl sighed happily, even though the pouring rain sent shivers down her spine. She turned to look at Ty, then to the white noble, and then to Xeris, always like a big sister to her, even more than a big sister now.

She was happy for them all, she just hopped the saddness in her heart didnt show in her eyes. It was a sad fact that she would indeed be leaving them. Most wolves thought she was too young to leave, but, she needed to clear things up before coming back to Pheonix Vally. Face her demons. She wagged her tail, it wouldnt be so bad, she would come back soon. And would write everyone all the time to allow them to know of her travels. She had it all planned, but life had a way of ruining your plans so that you can live out its own. She just hopped that lifes plans includded her coming home to her friends.