like the tides of my life
[html]
whee! i forgot where you said her room was, oops, so i just won't go into that. XD;. do all these rooms have beds? i'm assuming that they do, but if you don't picture one in princess' room i can edit my post np~ 423 words

It wasn't hard to find Princess' room, but it wasn't really supposed to be. Everyone seemed to respect the privacy of everyone else, just like Mati said they would, as surprising as it still seemed to Ares. However, there was quite a difference between a pack member and a sister. He had rights here, in her room, that he didn't have elsewhere. For example, the right to figure out what the hell all this stuff she had was. She owned a ridiculous amount of clothing! What the hell did you need all that for?! He himself only had a handful of different dress shirts and two pairs of pants, and that alone seemed to create an overwhelming amount of options to pick from.

The first bag he found he pulled out every article of clothing, holding it up to examine the cut of it, the feel of the garment, the intricate delicate bits of lace or embroidery here and there. The fascinating patterns. How strange, that so much effort would go into things like this! Every item he folded up and placed back, probably folding it more neatly and precisely than it had been previously.

Ares stopped looking partway through, but he carefully felt the bottom and sides of the bag, checking if Princess had hidden anything with these clothes. He found nothing particularly unusual feeling, though, so he returned the bag to where he found it. He reached under her bed, which looked primarily empty, but it never hurt to check. A faint clink startled him, and a gray hand pulled out a bottle of some sort of liquid.

Clambering up onto her bed cross-legged, he examined it. The bottle was cool in his hands, frigid along with the afternoon rain storms. He didn't feel like getting wet, so he was going for an adventure that allowed him to stay dry - investigating Princess' room. He raised the bottle to his nose. A strong smell permeated, even through the glass. Weirddd. It was a very.. bitter, sort of odd edge to the smell, sort of like some sort of poison but not really, not really that dangerous or anything. He twisted off the cap, the sharp metal bits making his palm a little sore. Putting the bottle to lips, he took a mouthful, and instantly had to repress the urge to spit it out. It was so gross tasting! Swirling it around, he finally swallowed, although from there he just scowled at the bottle, annoyed at the wasted effort of opening it.
[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the wait. 300 words, and not on purpose. :o

Since moving into the mansion, Princess had taken to exploring its many corridors, resisting the urge to peek into the many rooms she passed in case she would get in trouble for snooping. Even now, feeling as strange as she did, Princess couldn't help but look around a little before returning to her room. That morning, she had left in the same silence she had spent the past two weeks or so. She supposed it was disbelief, but with absolutely no regrets about that night. She had left Haven feeling very light-headed, a little confused about what had happened, but she had enjoyed that night, and it wasn't something she wished had not happened. Leaving had been the right thing to do, though, since she did not know how her Knight would have been when they woke up. Did he regret it?

When she reached the door to her room, Princess leaned a hand against it, listening to the sounds within. Evidently, someone was in there, ans for a moment, the girl was taken aback with anger. She hadn't been going into anyone else's room, so why was someone in her room!? Well, whoever it was that was in her room was going to get it, and badly. Pushing her door open with as much force as she could muster, Princess stared at her brother and the bottle he was holding. That was. . . Very bad. Ares wasn't supposed to find that bottle! "What are. . . What are you doing in my room?" she asked, feigning a cool repose. Maybe if she did not freak out about the bottle in his hands, then he would realize that alcohol wasn't such a bad thing. It was good, actually, but she had been afraid that it would not be accepted in the pack lands.

[/html]
[html]
-flail- 302 words

The door opened loudly, and Ares glanced up in time to see the door clatter against the wall. His eyes drifted from the doorknob to the figure who had twisted it. Oh, Princess! Well, he wasn't too sure if he wanted her to show up while he was there, but as long as she had already done so now she could answer the mystery of these bottles. She acted offended, but one thing Ares had learned from his mother was that if you act entirely confident in an action, you could often get away with it. "Oh, hi Princess!" Bright, and chipper, and completely ignoring her question. He had every right to be in here, he was her brother! She could snoop around his room if she wanted. Of course, it was slightly different in that he didn't really have anything except that one book, and she had never been too much of the literary inclination. But, the point still stood!

"What's this?" Ares held up the bottle to clarify, although there really wasn't any chance for confusion, it was obviously the subject of his study. "It tastes funny, where'd you get it and what's it for?" He persisted, more curious for his own personal knowledge than worried or anything on her behalf. After all, at this point he didn't really equate the weird smelling stuff to the alcohol he had read about a little. And he hadn't drank anywhere near enough to experience its effects first hand. He raised it to his nose, sniffing it again, but he didn't really want to try it again, he still had a sort of weird bitter taste in his mouth. Geeze, the scent was so strong! His ears flicked forward and his gold gaze swung back from bottle to sister, none-too-patiently awaiting an answer.

[/html]
[html]

300+ words.

#####Ares seemed to be in a rather chipper mood, and knowing what he was holding, she did not know whether he was actually in a good mood, or if he had tested the liquid in the bottle he had found just a little bit too much. From what she could see, though, the bottle did not seem to have all that much missing from its contents, so maybe her brother really was in a very good mood. It was possible, she supposed, but she was still suspicious as to why he was snooping around in her room in the first place. Maybe he was just happy that she was with him now and not with Tokyo, and that he had been waiting for her. Regardless, she did not appreciate him sneaking into her room like this and going through all of her stuff! And she very much intended to tell him as such later on.

#####Stepping into the room and shutting the door behind herself, she walked to her brother and held out her hand for him to give her the bottle. Even if he would be angry about what it was, she did not want him to have the chance to take it, or even go so far as to smash it. "It's nothing, Ares, it's just something called alcohol. It's a good thing, but I don't want it gone yet, so put it down, okay? And I got it from Ha-ven," she added, her voice faltering on the orange boy's name obviously. Embarrassed at the slip-up, Princess hoped that her brother would not ask questions about who Haven was. She couldn't very well lie to him, especially if she planned to tell him that she didn't appreciate him snooping through her room, which he seemingly hadn't expected her to catch him doing. How would she explain it?

[/html]
[html]
313 words~

Princess reached out for the bottle and Ares gave it to her easily. He really wasn't suspicious or anything, just really curious about what it was. Her defensive manner, though, made him wonder if maybe this bottle was something to worry about. Or maybe the wolf who gave it to her was someone to worry about. After the bottle was back in her hand, she answered his first round of questions. Alcohol? This stuff was alcohol? Ares had read about that, before. Generally he understood that while some people liked it, sometimes it made people do weird things, and thus in his opinion it was not at all something his precious sister should be getting into. That seemed like a wrong thing, to him. And it was a drug, too! He had read about drugs. And drugs were what got Naniko, their previous leader of Crimson Dreams, kicked out of the pack. Would they kick out Princess, if they knew? Panic fluttered. His own recent brush with displeasing Savina was still too fresh in his mind.

"You should be careful Princess. Alcohol is a drug, and before you came here the old leader of Crimson Dreams was kicked out because she did drugs." His tone was much more solemn now. Ares genuinely was worried. He did not like the sound of this Haven, either. What sort of guy would give out drugs to pretty young girls? The gray boy massively distrusted his motives. Well, to be fair, Haven could be a girl.. Princess didn't really specify gender, but Ares' mind was quick to jump to assumptions. "Who is Haven, how'd you meet them?" He barely gave her a chance to answer his previous ones before asking more. Now he was sort of worried about this situation. How had he gotten so far removed from his sister's life? They used to do everything together.
[/html]
[html]

500+ words. I love his srsface! =D

#####Though she knew her brother was intelligent, she had not expected him to know anything about alcohol and for him to obvious disapprove of the stuff was terribly annoying. Who was he, to try and run her life like he had every right to do so? Whatever had happened to the leader of Crimson Dreams before she got there honestly did not matter to her, because she did not know the former Commander, and if she ever met them, then she probably would not care that she had almost been led by them. It wasn't as if she was addicted to the beverage, either. Princess had only drank once with Haven, and had not yet drank anything out of the bottle she had taken. Truthfully, she didn't know if she ever planned to drink from the stolen bottle, and she did not know what she had been planning to do with it when taking it in the first place. Hopefully, Haven had not realized that there was a bottle missing, or if he did, he would not be angry about it.

#####The initial irritation towards her brother over the alcohol faded away a bit as he question who Haven was, and a small smile formed over her muzzle at the memory of that night. Thus far, she had not told anyone about what she and Haven had done, but she desperately wanted to share her elation with someone. If she had thought ahead further, she might have considered that it may not have been such a smart idea to tell her brother what she had done with the orange-furred Knight, but in the moment, it seemed like a good a time as any to tell him, and she did want him to know. Even if she thought that some of what he did or said was annoying or uncalled for (surely he felt that some of the things she said were of the same calibre), Princess was close to her brother and she only wanted them to be closer, now that they were in the same pack and away from Tokyo again.

#####Bending down, Princess stashed the bottle beneath her bed once more, then settled herself on the bedspread. "You don't have to worry about the alcohol, Ares, it was just one night and I haven't drank anything else beofre then or since," she added, just incase he was worried about that. Princess was trying to not be irritated by her brother, because she wanted to share her good news with him. It was even possible that her brother would have had a similar experience. "Haven's just a boy. . . A knight," she added, beaming at the thought. "Ares, have you ever. . . Had sex? You know, with a girl? Or do you like a girl or anything?" It was not something she actually wanted to think about - her brother having sex, eww! - but maybe it would be nice for him to have that experience, too, so that they could have that in common.

[/html]
[html]
ty, ty. XD. 510 words

He didn't have to worry, but of course, he did anyway. That was what made Ares a good brother, he thought. He didn't just do what he had to. He wanted to go above and beyond, to do things for his sister that other people wouldn't, to take care of her. Ares didn't like that she had done a "drug" even for just one night, but at least it was one night instead of many times. She probably wasn't addicted yet or anything, but he still wished he could just take these bottles and smash them outside, letting the poison inside sink into the earth. But taking care of her or not, that just seemed wrong, it was her stuff and he would have to trust her to use her judgment. Or at least he'd have to give her the chance to use her judgment before stepping in if it became necessary.

Yuppp, Haven was a male. Just like Ares suspected. Or no, not just a male.. A knight. What did that mean? Sure, Ares knew what knights were. Old stories, silly stories about humans riding horses and carrying swords and slaying dragons and serving kings.. And marrying princesses. That sounded an awful lot like the type of manipulation that Ares had grown to expect of the world after spending his childhood with Tokyo. That sounded rather convenient, that this Haven happened to be a knight. And what sort of knight gave princesses alcohol? That seemed completely against the nobility and code of morality that came to mind when Ares thought of the old stories. Haven sounded as much of a knight as Ares was a god of war. And he managed to get Princess completely besotted, too, by the look on her face. The gray boy was not thrilled by the thought of this stranger manipulating his sister so thoroughly.

Had sex? He was just a kid. He was too young. They were both too young. Not even a year old, they had no business having sex. Besides, sex turned into puppies, didn't it? And there was no way in hell that either of them were ready to raise children. Ares had thoughts about girls sometimes, yeah, but that was way different then ever actually acting on any of them. "I dunno, there's a lot of pretty girls here." Mati's soft brown fur and enticing scent flooded his senses. Yeah, there was a girl. He just didn't feel right, talking about her. Talking about his feelings for her. It was too intensely private, too personal, too embarrassing because there was no way she'd ever reciprocate those feelings. "And I mean.. yeah, sometimes, I have thoughts or stuff. But I've never had sex. I'm too young, sex makes puppies and there's no way I can be a father." The implication was, of course, that Princess too was too young, and she should keep that in mind. "If Haven is a knight, why did he give you alcohol?" A sneaking suspicion of how that night may have gone crept into his mind.
[/html]
[html]

500+ words.

#####Princess was confused, not understanding what the actual problem was. Her brother seemed concerned, but she had no idea why he was. She had told him that she had only drank the alcohol one time, and while she'd had enough to get drunk, she was not addicted to the stuff. It held no real appeal for her when Haven was not around, and truthfully, she wanted to be around him again without the effects of the alcohol. Her knight was probably just as sweet and amazing as he had been that night when he was not under the influence of alcohol. Soon enough, Princess was planning on seeking him out in the pack he belonged to. She didn't know the name of his pack, but it would be fairly easy to determine which one he belonged to once she asked around; his leader was called a King, and the leaders of each pack seemed to have a different title. "King" probably wasn't commonly used.

#####It crossed her mind to question which girls he thought were pretty, but as she did not really know anyone in the pack yet and something else he had said caught her attention, Princess kept the question to herself. Ares thought he was too young to have sex? Frowning, she considered this, taking some time to realize that he also meant that he thought her to be too young, as well. She took offense to that! "You're not too young, Ares. I mean, I've had sex," she offered, expecting that to change his opinion. They were not old enough to have puppies, she thought, but they were old enough to have sex if they wanted to. Maybe her brother just didn't know that it was okay to have sex at their age, and certainly she would be able to reassure him that it was okay. If sex was good for her, then it was good for him, too! He could go and find one of those pretty girls he had mentioned, and then he could find the prettiest and they could be happy, like she was when she was with Haven.

#####Though she was taken aback by his accussation of Haven, Princess was trying to be patient. "He's a knight, and he was being polite. He was already drinking, so he politely offered me some, too." Truly, she saw no problems with what had happened, and she thought that her orange boy was being severely misjudged at the moment. "He's a knight, I promise. He even told me he'd protect me and stuff, because that's what knight's do for princesses. . . Isn't that kind of funny? My name is Princess, and he's a knight, which is just like in all those old human stories." It did not seem as funny now as it had been that night, but it was still very funny. Hopefully her brother would also see it as funny, and maybe he would even realize that he was wrong in what he thought about Haven, whom he doesn't even know.

[/html]
[html]
309 words!

Princess had had sex? Clearly it must have been with this Haven guy. But Jesus, didn't she have more sense than that? Ares blamed most of his sister's character flaws on his mother, but why the hell hadn't she bothered to impart her hatred and terror of sex to her daughter? That would have at least been something useful, at least while Princess was still a kid. "Just because you've done it doesn't mean you aren't too young." He said sharply, disapproval ringing clearly in his tone. "You think you're ready to be a mother? You realize you might have puppies, now?" He didn't know that you had to be a certain age for puppies to actually happen, so he was actually intensely worried about this possibility. There was no way Princess was mature enough to raise kids. Sure, even now she'd be better than Tokyo ever was, but...

And yeah, that interaction with Haven sounded mostly like he expected her. Charming her onto her back, politely sharing his drink, etc etc. Ares rolled his eyes. God, that guy sounded so cliche! "And I bet he told you all about his sword, and how long and sturdy it is?" He said sarcastically, speaking the most ridiculous euphemism that came to mind. "Why would you do something like that with someone you barely even know?" It was completely mind-blowing to Ares. He couldn't imagine ever doing something like that; just running into some girl and taking her to bed! Sure, alcohol made you think funny but.. That was so, ugh, rude and slimy and just.. He never wanted to be that sort of guy, and he couldn't imagine anyone that was being worth anything, let alone his darling baby sister. This Haven better not show his face around these parts, or Ares might have to just deal with him personally.
[/html]
[html]

500+ words.

#####The anger in the grayscale male's voice took her by surprise, and Princess stared at him for a moment incredulously. Her brother was being absolutely ridiculous! First of all, Ares had gone into her room without permission, and had gone through her belongings without her permission, as well. In her growing anger, she tuned out anything he had to say about her age and potentially becoming a mother, focusing on the anger building beneath her skin at what he had to say about Haven. From her view point, her brother had absolutely no right to any parts of her life, especially what she chose to do with males and alcohol. Princess could take care of herself, and had basically been doing it for a while, after being separated from him for so long. Even under Tokyo's care, she was often left to her own devices.

#####Golden eyes settled on her brother, the frustration and anger obvious in the glare. "He does have a big sword, and I asked about it first," she huffed, ignoring the innuendo. It was true, in both regards. She had not seen his actual sword, but she trusted that he had one, because he was a knight, and they always had swords. It was becoming very obvious to her that her brother did not know much about anything at all. Just because she did not know Haven prior to their encounter did not mean that he was a bad guy. She couldn't claim to love him, per se, because it had only been one night. However, the infatuation was still there, and she hoped that she would be able to see him again sometime soon. Though it might not be love, there was something between them, and Princess wanted to see what it was like when they were sober to have one another, even in a different way.

#####Exhaling, she tried to keep her tone level, so as to not draw attention to her room from anyone possibly walking by out in the hallway. The door was shut, but she knew that her voice could be very loud when she was angry, especially considering how angry she was at the moment. "What's it to you if I have sex, whether I just met them or not? It's my choice! And I didn't come here to have you try and run my life, brother, because if I wanted someone to run my life for me, I could have just stayed with her," she growled, referring to Tokyo. Living in Dahlia de Mai had not netted her much attention from her mother, but she had still been given rules and instructions and she surely would have been told how to live her life, provided she had stayed in the pack long enough for her mother to try that. It had been coming close to that time, she was sure, since her mother had tried to have a "sex talk" with her just prior to her leaving. That talk would have only been the beginning, and of that, Princess was absolutely more than certain. She didn't want someone to dictate her life - not her mother, and certainly not her brother, but only her. Princess.

[/html]
[html]

you can post once more or just have this archived after reading this~ Big Grin. also, super short, sorry, but Ares just wanted to get the fuck out XD;

Nothing else Princess had said mattered by the time she indirectly compared him to Tokyo. Ares stiffened, his face frozen and expressionless. The words "well, maybe you should have" floated in his mind, but he didn't speak them. Just because she was figuratively kicking him where it hurt didn't mean he had to sink to that level. He didn't trust his voice, anyway. Would he yell? Would he show any emotion at all? Was he going to.. cry? His pain and anger was white-hot and scalding, causing his fingertips to tingle. He stood up and roughly pushed past her, leaving the room.
[/html]