thread title missing
[html]
ooc

Thick thunderheads rolled in from the west, booming and announcing their presence. There were a few lightning flashes here and there; Lightning always accompanies thunder, as it seems. Trees swayed together with the grass as the wind tossed them about, howling with laughter. Bi-colored eyes searched the ground carefully, looking for any herbs that could potentially save someone's life, or do something as minor as healing a wound. The young medic was always out and about it seemed, even if it was about to storm. Though she had come here hating rain and storms, Asariel had actually come to like the rain. Now if only she could begin to like snow, now there would be a miracle.

As she meandered along, eyes searching the ground, she picked out a type of narcotic plant; she hurried to investigate. The woman decided to take a quick break beside it; she sat down in the long grass and watched the small creek that parted the fields. The wind tossed her thick chocolate mane about, causing her to sigh in annoyance. Really, she should just crop the whole thing off. But, she wasn't exactly sure what would happen then. Would it grow back? Most likely. All things grow, after all.

...Except for rocks.

[/html]
[html]

Hey! ♥

If my silence made you leave,
then that would be my worst mistake.

Geneva's ears were pinned back against her skull as the sound of a thunderclap broke through the crisp air. The gray wolfess was becoming accustomed to the stormy weather, as the summer had consisted largely of storms. The woman was only grateful that it seemed the flooding at stopped. Although Phoenix Valley had been lucky and had not experienced the worst of the floods, she was certain that other packs and neutral territories had been soaked with the rising water. Geneva was especially concerned about Naniko, an old pack mate and friend who now lived alone in the city.

Her thoughts were often with the white wolfess these days. She was pregnant, and although she knew that Nani was formidable, she was also very vulnerable now. The gray woman hoped that Nani would accept her invitation to stay in Phoenix Valley, if only for a while, so she could regain her strength and have a sanctuary for her pups. As far as Geneva was concerned, Naniko would always have a place in her home.

The gray woman saw one of her pack mates in the distance. She changed her course of direction to go have a few words with her. She was certain that she had not met the woman and she wanted to be acquainted with everyone in her pack. Geneva approached with confidence and she was at ease before she came a few feet short of the woman whose name she did not know. She cleared her throat to announce her presence and then she spoke. "Hello, I don't think we've met before....but I saw you at the pack meeting. I am Geneva, what is your name?"

[/html]
[html]
Hey ^^ Sorry it's horrible, I had my post written then my browser closed on me D< Poo.

Asariel had known of Geneva's presence; she didn't address the fact and simply sat still, relaxing and swimming in a sea of bliss. She was quite content now that the ordeal with Ty had been completely sorted out. Now it was time for her to just relax and take some time for herself and the pack; maybe she could hunt a little bit. She hadn't eaten in a couple days and she was most definitely starting to feel it. Geneva's voice then yanked her out of her thoughts; she dipped her head in respect and smiled. "Hello, Geneva. Yes, I was at the meeting. I'm Asariel," she spoke warmly, a smile still upon her maw.

Asariel yawned, but swept off all signs of tiredness. The poor girl hadn't gotten much sleep lately; her mind had been a whirlwind of questions as she'd tried to figure out her whole Lysander/Ty dilemma. But...hopefully she would have some time to herself now that things were sorted out...

Oh, that'd be dreamy.

[/html]
[html]

I spoke to you in cautious tones,
you answered me with no pretense.
And still I feel I've said too much,
my silence is my self-defense.

The green-eyed woman mouthed the woman's name quietly. It had a lyrical quality to it. In fact, the woman's name reminded her of the names of angels she had read in an old human book called the Bible. She had not remembered very much from that book, but she knew that she did not enjoy very much of it. She knew a little about the concept of angels, beings that supposedly watched over the living and provided protection. Although she did not know Asariel, she liked to think that her pack mate might possess some of this qualities.

Geneva responded, her voice whisper soft, as it usually was, and although the tone was lighter than air, there was an edge of warmth to it. "I'm glad to have met you," she said instantly. She did not know a single important thing about this woman, aside from the fact that she was part of this pack. She did not know how long the woman had resided here in the Valley, but it was obvious by her body language that she was very relaxed and at ease here, and that this Valley was her home. The sub-leader wanted to meet every single one of her pack mates, as the pack was a system that could only work with team work.

Geneva was curious by nature. Curiosity usually was her primary motivator, followed closely by duty. She was genuinely interested in this woman, and she wanted to know her story. But at the same time, Geneva was very much an introvert. She wasn't so much shy and unsure of herself anymore, but she did not like to pry or make others uncomfortable. With a small apologetic smile, she continued to speak with the woman. "I do not mean to bother you, but would you mind telling me a bit about yourself? I would really love to get to know you."

[/html]
[html]
ooc

The lady smiled at the gray woman; Geneva's straight forwardness was a charming trait indeed. Asariel liked it when others were straight forward. It meant that they weren't afraid to let others know of their presence. The woman dipped her head out of respect once more before sitting forward and patting the spot beside her, motioning for the subleader to join her. Asariel really did like making new friends, and Geneva had seemed like good friend material ever since the sand colored woman had joined.

Geneva's next statement surprised Asariel; not because she didn't think Geneva would ask such a thing, it was just the bluntness, the to-the-point attitude that Asariel had yet to adjust to. Her brain scrambled to think, to pick something out. "Um, well, let's see. I like warm things, sunshine, friends, having fun, birds, studying plants and herbs, making others happy, and making bows and arrows." Asariel had quite the range of things she enjoyed doing, as stated.

[/html]
[html]

I spoke to you in cautious tones,
you answered me with no pretense.
And still I feel I've said too much,
my silence is my self-defense.

Asariel did not seem taken aback by her straight-forwardness, although she did seem surprised. Geneva wasn't the greatest conversationalist, although she was becoming more social. As an introvert, her thought processes were far smoother than the words she spoke. She did not find it hard to relate to others on a personal level so much anymore. Every time she tried to make a new acquaintance, she found it easier to form connections. She usually kept to herself, because she was a quiet soul and she was often withdrawn in her own thoughts. It used to be that she was self conscious and painfully shy, but she had overcome those inhibitions in the months she had spent here in Nova Scotia.

Geneva knew that conversation had to be give and take. She listened carefully as the sandy coated woman spoke, smiling at her encouragingly. The woman moved to sit in the spot that her pack mate had indicated. It was strangely easy and comfortable listening to her speak. Her words were few, but she had given her a cursory glance at her interests. "I see your interests are many and varied," the sub-leader commented.

Geneva reclined a bit, leaning back on her hands for support before she spoke again. "I've never used a bow." She grinned sheepishly and admitted something. "To tell you the truth, I've never seen one, physically or otherwise. But I have read about them, and know their general use." She took a finger and sketched lightly in the dirt in between the two of them. She drew a half moon shape and a vertical line to connect the two ends. "Is this right?"

[/html]
[html]
ooc

Asariel flattened her ears against her skull as a hammer of thunder rammed against the earth, cracking loudly. The sound hurt her sensitive ears, but she suffered in silence. She flicked an ear towards Geneva and smiled warmly. Asariel was something of a mix between extrovert and introvert; she could be outgoing at times, but she found that she was starting to prefer observing silently, holing up inside of herself, until the conversation was directed to her. She wondered how many other in Phoenix Valley were like that. Lysander seemed that way...

The woman's mind had been swirling with thoughts about the Husky brute; he was charming, in a strange kind of way. She listened to the subleader's thoughts and nodded slowly when she agreed. Asariel's interests certainly were varied, but the lady would have it no other way. Her eyes dropped to the ground as Geneva drew one out, and Asariel beamed. "Yes, that's it. I could teach you how to use one, if you want," the woman said, still smiling. Asariel was always one to help others explore new venues, and she always did so cheerfully.

[/html]
[html]

If my silence made you leave,
then that would be my worst mistake.

"I would like that," Geneva murmured enthusiastically. Her fingers wandered over the tracing she had made in the dirt, obscuring her drawing. When she removed her fingers, the lines making the bow and arrow were vague and smudged. It excited her that she could take an abstract concept and make it concrete. She was always enthusiastic about learning new things. She was not one to often do, but instead to ponder a concept. But she was willing to try new things in order to expand her knowledge, especially if it would mean that she could learn something useful.

"I am ill equipped to do battle," Geneva admitted. She was a small-boned wolfess, short, delicate, and sometimes appearing fragile and frail despite the energy she derived from her spirit and optimism. She was clearly at a disadvantage during a physical altercation, although she would be more than willing to try should the need to defend herself or her pack arise. "I have very little experience fighting."

Her brow furrowed as she continued to speak. "I have only had one experience in a violent situation. Here, at the borders. I encountered a stranger. I think he was mad, there was something strange about him and the way he acted. Had it not been for DaVinci, our previous sub-leader, I do not think I would be alive today." She said the last quietly. It was still something she did not like to admit, although she had made her peace with the situation and being confronted with her own sense of mortality. Her green eyes wandered to her shoulder and side for a moment, where pearly pink scar tissue gathered in a knot where Brennt's teeth had pierced her. "I am not a pacifist, so much as I prefer to use diplomacy over physical force, but I can understand the value of having that sort of training. Have you had experiences like mine?"

[/html]