here C.omes the S.un
[html]

The amber pelt of a she-wolf was moving cautiously through the sun dappled woods. The light sparkled off the white snow, where there was some. It seemed that less of it had fallen here, in these silent woods. A blue tit chirped overhead. ’Well, not completely silent.’ Anderung thought, a smile forming on her lips. Her violet hued eyes surveyed the terrain, which was outside Storm territory. It wasn’t another pack’s land which was good. Just some neutral woods between the packs. Of course, this happened in wolf territories. One pack fell while another was born. Some fused together while others split off. Thus was the nature of their power. Meer wandered around the forest, looking for nothing in particular, just thinking. She seemed to be doing a lot of that lately. Anderung paused as she came to a river. The amber wolf lowered her head and she took a few licks of the water. It was cold and refreshing after her walk. The morning sun was dancing on the water and the ice.

"Here you go! Hope it isn't too short o-o;;"

[/html]
It was chilly and sunny at the same time, somehow, and Melisande was enjoying this confused weather. She trotted along the river, wondering why exactly clouds looked the way they did, when she came across another wolf. She was silently lapping up some water, probably up to the same sorts of things that Melisande was up to. She tried to make herself shown, not wanting the other to feel as though she were sneaking up on her. The little white figure came near, and then bowed politely. "Hello there." she stated, trying to be cheery. She'd come upon a lot of surprises lately, and hoped that this other was friendly.
[html]

[Image: anderungtablebelltower.png]

I Speak this, I

dream this, and I 'think'

this.

You "said this"

ooc; -sigh-

ic;

Anderung snapped her head up at the sound of another wolf. If she hadn’t had the noise of the river in her ears, and the water up her nose, she might have known another wolf was coming. Violet eyes studied the white she-wolf. ”Hello.” Meer answered. She suddenly realized how awkward this was. ”This isn’t your river, is it? I didn’t mean to intrude, ma’am, I didn’t know anyone lived here.” Meer stood up, shaking some water from her pelt. She flashed a smile at the other wolf. ”My name is Anderung, I’m from the Storm pack, and you are?” She cocked her head. If this other had been aggressive, she would have already attacked her. She could have attacked Meer while her head was down. But maybe not everyone was amazingly territorial here.

[/html]
She wagged her tail. Her river? Perhaps this wolf was new here. She took the other in, wondering if perhaps she'd gotten lost or something. A question like that made her sound scared, sceptical, submissive even. Or maybe that was what politeness sounded like. Melisande wasn't sure she would remember if she were to hear it. It had been such a long time since anyone was truly nice, caring. She tried to appear as calm and friendly as possible. Of course this isn't my river... no one owns it that I know of. I'm from Clouded Tears.[b]

After a little bit of thought, she decided it would probably be polite to introduce herself by name. [b]Oh, I'm Melisande Sadira. Nice to meet you.
Upon further thought, she suddenly felt very young, unfamilair and awkward, like she hadn't spoken with another nice person in a long time. Everyone else around here had changed so much, lost so much, it was tiring to want to fix them and be completely helpless all the time.
Graphics

[html]

I Speak this, I

this.

You "said this"

ic
Anderung nodded. ’Clouded Tears, huh?’ She still didn’t know all of the packs, though she did know that she hadn’t crossed any pack borders, Meer did have a pretty good nose after all. Violet eyes ran over the features of the other wolf, looking at who she was actually talking to. The other was a small-ish wolf, though really not any smaller than Anderung. Meer bowed her head at the other. ”The pleasure is all mine, Melisande.” Anderung took a few steps toward the other wolf, then she stopped so that she was only a few paces away. Meer realized she didn’t know how this wolf would react to being close, or whatever. (wow, worst sentence ever) ”Soooo, what are you doing out here?”

"...."

[/html]
[html]

Wow, I'm the slowest person ever. Deepest apologies.

indent Melisande smiled as the female stated the pleasure was all hers... it was a kind of politeness that you never heard anymore. Melis remembered being taught manners as a pup, saying "please" and "thank-you". She even named people ma'am and sir every so often. Of course, she was also taught, back then, to bow at her alpha's feet, and now that she thought about that, she didn't think she'd ever showed Laruku the kind of respect she'd once shown her grandmother. Well, learn, forget, it was all part of life, she supposed.

indent What was she doing out here? Melisande gave a happy little shrug with her wolfish shoulders. "Just enjoying the day, more than anything. " A bird fluttered suddenly from a nearby tree, and Melisande's instincts told her to look over, just to see what all the commotion was. There didn't appear to be anything too disturbing going on, but she made note to keep an eye on the area as she turned back. "What about you? Are you here for any particular reason?"

[/html]
[html]

I Speak this, I

this.

You "said this"

ic
Anderung was slightly amused at the fact that the other female seemed to be surprised by her formality. Then again, not everyone had such good manners as herself. Meer reflected on the fact that these lands were much different than her old ones. You seemed to not have to show half as much respect as her old pack. Well, at least, that was how it seemed to be in Storm. Anderung sighed quietly, then answered the other’s question with a smile. She shook her head softly. ”Not really. I’m mostly just exploring the surrounding lands of Storm. And, of course, enjoying the day, as you are.”

Meer perked her ears and sniffed at the noise behind Melisande. She was always alert, it seemed. Well, not always. Anderung remembered when she had been scolded for day dreaming while tracking. Usually scolding also was accompanied with pain of some sort. A bite on the ear, a nip on the leg. Meer shook her head gently to clear it of these memories. ”Well, seeing as both of us are doing nothing, maybe I should go now. I really should be doing something more productive. If my old pack could see me now, socializing with another pack’s wolf.” Anderung smiled, but she didn’t know if she was actually happy, pleased, or amused.

"I'm really sorry, I didn't realize that it was my post! Maybe we should warp this up soon though o-o;;."

[/html]