eiridh tonn air uisge balbh
[html]
         Free on the rolling hills and grassy plains was absolute paradise for the beast. He’d lived enough in the cities and villages, but feral and wild was his perfection. All four paws pounding against the ground, effortlessly carrying the svelte creature across the landscape, he ran without any regard. Of course, sloth was his sin and laziness his mantle, so to find the wolfhound bounding steadily across the horizon was a rare sight indeed. The weather was yet cool, but his shaggy coat did its work in keeping him warm enough for comfort. Regardless, the thought of a crackling fire entered his thoughts and so he returned to his makeshift campsite at the base of a tree to assemble dry wood into a decent pyramid.

A quick spark to nestled kindling and he seated himself Indian-style with his hands spread out over the warm, rising flames, drinking in their expelled energy. Another sort of drink he deemed suitable as well and slipped a bottle from his bag, taking a swig from the cool glass. And now, decidedly set up with a fire and drink, he found that he desired company with an almost immediately striking longing. Idly flicking tiny rocks and twigs into his fire, the wolfhound was terribly bored and unbearably lonely. He’d since abandon the crew he’d arrived with, traveling north with no true destination in mind. He hadn’t even a clue how the locals would behave toward him, being of a different species and country origin.

But he was a generally good-natured beast—a gentle giant if you will, with an easy smile that remained the only reason he ever found need to bare his fangs under normal circumstances. Stretching, he lay back on the grass and peered up toward the sky heavily laden with clouds. Rain was coming, but he felt hopeful it would wait until evening before bothering him. Of course, where he’d come from rain was a common occurrence, but he couldn’t help appreciating a dry, clean pelt devoid of mud and chill.
[/html]
The small wolfdog should have had a smile on her face, she had finally met with another canine, yet she was not. She was a babbling idiot in front of that other creature. Surely, he thought she was stupid no matter how he acted or what he said. Once more the young female was on her own. She moved slowly and silently, eyes down and lost in thought and cursing herself for being lonely once more. After blindly wondering she snapped out of her haze enough to realize she had no clue where she was. The emotionally stressed female felt hopeless and scared, and she could not hide it as she began to whimper. She tried not to be loud but her emotions were driving her.

No matter how much she tried to not think about it, she missed her family, she missed the safety of her father. Her nerves were getting the best of her and she began to shiver as she cowered to the cool grass. Looking around her imagination was beginning to conjure up monsters and evil creatures. She began to feel like those monsters were stalking her and about to grab her and kill her or hurt her. Something! Yelping out of no where she took off running at a speed only a husky could pull off. She looked back to see if those monsters were following her. Her breathing was panicked and her hallucinations were going to get her, she swore.

Just as she was doing another check of where those evil things were ran right into something hard, making her loose her entire self into the hard, yet soft grassy ground. Green smeared onto her white, black, brown coat. Whimpering and groaning she opened her eyes to see a blurry large monster. "Don't hurt me! Don't hurt me, please!" She stammered trying to regain herself just long enough to figure out it was just a large canine, a really really large canine. She gulped her eyes becoming the size of dinner plates. "Oh my goodness! I am so-so sorry! I-I-" She went flush, and her eyes watered in fear and sorrow.
[html]
         Boredom caused his thoughts to wander, stealing the wolfhound from reality and into the realm of fantasy. He thought of the clouds, and of rain and then the ocean. The ocean reminded him of sailing, and then his home back in Ireland. He’d been born there, but at this point he wasn’t sure whether he’d spent more time traveling, or more time in the green country he’d once called home. The memories all blurred together, fading his concept of time until he couldn’t remember the last time he’d set foot on the emerald isle. A sudden, painful nostalgia swept over him and he sat up, running a hand across his face as again the loneliness set in.

He was a social creature with anti-social tendencies and just to have someone to talk to would be a valued commodity. Even more suddenly than his rather sudden wave of distress, and with the surprising ferocity of a hurricane, something came hurling toward him at an incredible speed, sending the wolfhound sprawling face-first onto the grass. Lights flashed before his eyes and a cry issued roughly from his mouth, utterly confused as to what’d just happened. He could smell another canine, and hear a voice stammering apologizes, but it wasn’t until he’d rose into a more dignified position that he was truly able to assess the situation.

”Me hurt ye?” he cried out half amused, once he’d assured himself he’d not been seriously injured. Yer the one come crashin’ roughly into me, so ye did!” But her fear and apparent distress caused his mock accusations to diminish once green eyes finally assessed the female, changing his tone to one of a much realer concern. “Calm down,” he said gently, torn between the instinct to lay a comforting hand on her shoulder and uncertainty to how she’d react, so his claws recoiled. ”Now, who exactly are ye and whaddya mean runnin’ into me, eh?” He didn’t particularly enjoy anyone betraying fear toward him. He prided himself on being non-confrontational and overall peaceful.
[/html]
She was hyperventilating as she sat there scared beyond belief. Her eyes looked up into his green eyes, her curiously beautiful blue eyes looking deep into his-unintentionally. She blushed, "I am so sorry, I really didn't mean to hurt you." Looking down sheepishly she answers, "I am fine...I am just running from shadows..." She was honest with the strange male, she was running from her own shadow and other shadows really. She was in no true danger, she was just afraid and realized she had no one to protect her. It was not because she was weak, she really did not need protection, it was just the security of knowing she had someone else.

After realizing just how foolish she was being she stood up shaking off her jitters, she takes in a deep breath and speaks. Her silky coat falling in place as she sits down, "My name is Adonia Demos...I hail from Greece." She says in a soft tone. She shuffles her paws for a moment as the chill bothers her paws. Her ears go back as she appears to look like someone being scolded, her head low between her shoulders. "May I ask whom it is that I ran into?" Her voice was laced with the innocence that surrounded her every move and thought. One could call it immaturity, but that would be ignorance.
[html]
         ”Please,” he said, waving a hand as though to wave away her apologies. ”I’m alrigh’, I am. It ain’ even all that easy to bring me down, I’d like think,” he said, wishing to quickly alleviate the awkwardness that’d arisen. If she needed comfort he would try, but he wasn’t particularly keen on crying, frightened women under any circumstances—if anything they perturbed him, for he didn’t quite know how to act around them.

”Shadows?” he repeated, voice soft and uncertain as the question rose from his lips. He didn’t have a clue what this girl was going on about, but if someone was after her he’d do his best to stand in their way as long as she stood before him. Regardless, he was relieved when she changed the subject. He exhaled quietly, taking in her name. ”Ah! So yer foreign as well then, yeah? I’m almost pleased. I was born in Ireland, I was. Come here—well, not here as in where we now stand, but ye know what I mean!—on a ship not a few weeks prior and I’ve yet learn how things are meant be done around here. It seems to me as though everyone is truly content remain in the woods like the old animals we all once were.”

His uncertainties were given voice, but given the rather distressed state of this female’s mindset only moments ago he was unsure whether he’d gain any true insight, or even an ounce of realistic comfort. “My apologizes. How rude I must seem. Name’s Kian Tadhg.” He offered a smile in response, hoping the female would take on a calmer, more confident demeanor if he presented himself as non-intimidating as possible.
[/html]
She smiles and just as she was about to elaborate on his inquiry, he ran with her change of subject. The lupus formed female smiles lightly as he went on, clearly excited to see another. Her eyes glimmered pleased as she too was happy to see another. "Ireland, huh?" She had always admired the irish and their brutish manly ways, maybe because she was raised by a brute manly man herself. Her father was german/irish wolf while her mother was italian/indian wolfdog. She felt more secure around men than females, secretly she didn't like females, they annoyed her. Girly girl ways are really what annoyed her. Adonia was a tomboy, heart and soul.

She giggled when he apologized, "That is quite alright." Her eyes watched him for a moment sensing a bit of awkwardness, "You don't have to worry, I am fine now-for the most part. Like I said it was just mere shadows that I was running from. My imagination gets the best of me when I am alone or scared--or both in this case." Her ears fold back a bit ashamed at admitting her insecurities. "Honestly, this is my first time away from the safety of my father. He is a great wolf." She adds with a smile.

Adonia loved her father, he was her hero. She looked up to him and followed in his footsteps as best she could. There were vast differences between her and her father, however, she took his teachings seriously. He had taught her things that he was not even aware of. Like to teach every living creature with the same respect, and how to take her time and listen to the world around her. She thinks that he had done things things all his life that when he pasted it down to her, he was not even aware of it. Despite, her silly, puppylike mannerisms, she was quite wise and very intelligent.
[html]

just a note, you should always remember to keep your posts in past tense, rather than switching around from present and then back. ;]

“Ireland, indeed,” he replied, smiling faintly. “Ye know of it then, I assume.” At least his origin wasn’t a completely mystery to the girl—one soul at the very least might possess some insight into the society that had birthed him. And yet he still remained a bit confused as to what had frightened her as she continued, though he knew it wasn’t his place to pry. He barely knew the girl—hardly more than a simple name—and even if it was a part of his nature to poke his nose where it didn’t belong he was very well aware that she might just snap it right off his face in return. So he let it go. “Perhaps ye need learn some confidence then, yeah?” he replied, allowing his claws to gently pull at the hair on his chin.

“It ain’t good for ye girl t'be scared of a little shadow movin’ on the wall. Yer da sound like a great man from what ye say and all, but if ye can’t be alone, then what good was he in his teachings, eh?” He didn’t intend to be insulting if that’s how she might perceive his words, but all he saw was a scared little girl ranting on about how her imagination gets the best of her, and that this is the very first time ever away from the “safety” of her family. It disturbed him a little as he didn’t even think she was all that young to be so unsure—but then again, he’d been on his own from a young age with no other choice, wandering the streets of Dublin without a soul on the earth to show concern for his wellbeing.

It was all he knew, and all he understood, so to empathize with the girl it took a bit of his own imagination to work. She was sheltered, he realized, and in some way he almost felt pity toward her and her circumstances. He saw only the bad to originate from such an upbringing, not the good, forgetting momentarily about his own troubles and hardship, feeling alone and unloved as he sought food and shelter each night. But perhaps it all had to do with their chanced encounter and the situation at hand with the she-wolf running for her life from a nonexistent spectre.

<style>
.kian-002 p {padding:0px 10px; text-indent:25px; margin:0px;}
.kian-002 b {color:#C4F97F;}
.kian-002 {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#4C5E35; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010apr/kian2.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:10px 0px 215px 0px; font-family: tahoma, geneva, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#232D16; word-spacing:.4px; line-height:13px; letter-spacing:.2px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>
[/html]
ooc: In this post I assume he would not try and hit her..hope you didn't mind. Thanks for the advice. ^^

Her two toned blue eyes watched him, she nodded, "My dad told me many stories of Ireland, most he heard from his mother." She was fairly quiet, not sure what else to say or do. The large irish dog was right, she did lack plenty of confidence. Her upbringing did not cater to building confidence, her father was the only one who really tried to build it. Unfortunately, whatever confidence he did give her, her mother was quick to squash it like a mere annoying bug. Her ears had gone back to his words. For a moment it bothered her and without thought she snapped a little,"It isn't my dad's fault!"

As quick as her words were delivered she dodged an anticipating blow, huddled to the ground. Looking up, her wide eyes watched him for a moment. He had not tried to hit her. Like an awkward fawn, she stood back up. "Sorry.." She licked her muzzle. How was she going to explain that? Her mind thought, "I.." A grumble came from her, then she stood up. The clouds above had darkened with the anticipation of rain and her eyes looked up watching them. If there was one other thing she hated about being alone, it was feeling out of place and awkward.

"My mother was abusive....my dad was the only thing I had that...that.." she whimpered annoyed. She was never really good with explaining things or talking for that matter. Adonia was definitely good at being silly and odd but not with explanations. "He was stable...and secure.." Not once had she looked over to him, she did not want to see his expressions, nor did she want to feel more pressure from his acknowledgment. "The only reason I left my dad was because he found a mate..and they are---well I am sure she has had her litter now. Anyway, I left because they were having puppies. I didn't want to be in the way, or be a burden." Finally, after a long while she glanced over, ears pressed against her skull.
[html]

you’ve got him spot on, ‘cause he’d never try to hit someone without provocation, but you can always throw a quick pm someone’s way before including any powerplay. ;D

His words apparently struck a nerve. Her entire demeanor shifted, snapping at him in defense of her father. Obviously he’d meant a lot to her, and he understood her wish to defend him at all costs—love was a powerful thing, though for the time being he couldn’t think of a creature alive that he held any sort of particular affection toward. Shockingly, as soon as the words passed her lips she flinched back, cowering before him as though she expected to be struck. Utterly taken aback, he merely gaped at the girl in surprise. Finally, she rose from her wilted position, awkwardly assuming something a little more proper before him. He still didn’t speak as she began to reason her actions, presenting an explanation that wasn’t needed.

“Then i’ don’ seem as though ye’d left of yer own free will, eh? No won’er yer scared clean ou’ o’ yer wits. Ye run away from home t’nae be a burden on yer dear da an’ ‘is wan. Y’know, girlie, a pack is mean’ t’be a family in all aspects. E’eryone is meant t’look af’er each other and all o’ that. Did ye hones’ly seem that unwanted t’yer da af’er all? If anyt’in’, I bet ye could a ‘elped ‘em out—nae go’ in t’way.”

He knew it wasn’t his place to tell her what to do or how to live her life, but he couldn’t help throwing in his two pence where he saw fit. And for the girl to have abandon her family simply because her father had found a new mate seemed positively ridiculous. Even if her mother was truly a twat, shattering his previous illusion of being absolutely sheltered from all harsh aspects of the world, it was no reason to leave behind all that she knew to venture out into the world when she couldn’t handle it. Regardless of a lifted hand constantly waving in her direction and imminent fear toward her mother he didn’t see reason to throw everything away unless she knew where she was going. And she didn’t. Now, she was halfway around the world and running away from shadows. Perhaps if they’d met on better terms he wouldn’t be so judgmental. But he couldn’t help valuing family when he himself had none.

In his skewed aspect he saw her rising up in age to turn on her mother, baring fangs and snapping at the creature like the true animals they were. She’d bred hatred and fear into her daughter—violence begot violence, and he saw no reason for the child not to fight back against the parent when the ultimate goal was survival. But this was merely his own view on life, and he couldn’t force his beliefs on her—especially if in the end she wished to be a pacifist under all circumstances, separating herself from all bloodshed.

<style>
.kian-001 p {padding:0px 30px; text-indent:25px; margin:0px;}
.kian-001 b {color:#D8FAB2; letter-spacing:-.2px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; }
.kian-001 {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#69923B; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010apr/kian1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:225px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#3B561C; word-spacing:.4px; line-height:13px; letter-spacing:.2px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>
[/html]
OOC: Oi', why didn't I think of that!

Her eyes had taken in his expression. She lowered her head and at this point just wanted to run, to let her legs carry her away, far away. Instead, she had stayed as the large male spoke in a harsh dialect that took her awhile to decipher in her mind. Her ears continued to stay back upon her head as her paws shuffled beneath her, "My Father's mate urged me to leave, really. I could tell she was not comfortable with me being there when she was about to give birth..." Her eyes glazed over as she recalled the many occasions she hinted that she was old enough to leave the home now. The female's eyes began to water as many more things the blonde dog had said to her filled her head. Never had the dog been abusive, but her words cut into the sensitive wolf dog like a knife.

Adonia looked up, "I was a threat to her babies, babies that she thought she would never have.." her tone would have been harsh if it was not spoken through her mouth. Her voice could never be angry even when she was, there was a sweet kindness that always laced every word she spoke. Maybe it was her heart and soul that could never allow her to be perceived as unkind or ruthless. Either way, Adonia was somewhere she never knew before, and why pick here of all places? Her father's mate told her there were others like herself, others who were 'less civilized' as she put it. Another thing the blonde dog did not like was how she preferred her lupus form over all else. Afraid her pups would be wrongly influenced by her. She felt safer in this form and refused to come out of it when she felt insecure.
[html]

He gathered she’d been forced away from her beloved father by his new mate—the replacement for her abusive and obviously missing mother, for she hadn’t filled in what had happened to her dame. A sad story in his eyes, that family could be so expendable. He’d been expendable once, twice, perhaps more times than he cared to remember, but that didn’t stop him holding a fierce loyalty to those that made their way into his heart—until they turned on him and stabbed him in the back. Then, and only then, were they just as expendable as trash. His expression darkened, narrowing his lips into a thin line and just faintly furrowing his hairy brow.

Even without overtly expressive nuances taking hold of his face one could tell by just looking at him that he saw disgust in the actions of this girl’s family. He gave everyone a single shot the first time, opening his arms even if his heart remained guarded. He couldn’t quite understand how one could live without love and friendship, for the affection and kindness of another lessened his own worldly distress. “An’ wot did yer da have t’say ‘bout this, eh?” he asked, voice gaining an icy edge—not directed toward the girl, but toward those that’d wronged her and sent her away.

<style>
.kian-002 {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#4C5E35; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010apr/kian2.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:10px 0px 215px 0px; font-family: tahoma, geneva, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#232D16; word-spacing:.4px; line-height:13px; letter-spacing:.2px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>
[/html]
Her eyes glanced over to him, she noticed the expressions he held, they were of one who was outraged. At least in her opinion. It made her look away. To her it was not that bad, granted she was alone now, and she was without the safety of her Father, but really, it was not that bad. Her ears flickered forward when the large male finally spoke. This entire time, from the moment her new 'mother' came into the picture until now she had never thought about what her Father really thought. So much in her life had changed, even her close relationship with her father. It was more distant the moment she came in. It was as if she felt threatened by Adonia. "Um..." her eyes blinked as she thought, "...I don't know...ever since Cherri came into the picture-his new mate-she took most of his attention. No matter what my da'-I mean Father- told me to just do what she wants to keep her happy. He was desperate not to loose her.." his language was starting to rub off onto her.

Like an obedient daughter she had listened, she would do anything for her Father. He meant the world to her. "I don't hold it against him, he just doesn't want to be lonely." Throughout this entire time, she never thought about herself or how her decisions affected her, only those she cared about. It was how Adonia was. Taking in a large bit of air she looked over to the scruffy male and let a small weak smile show to him. At this point the rain started to fall to the ground, not hard, just sprinkles of small droplets. When they landed on the husky wolf's coat, they merely ran off the silky pelt. Not yet would they penetrate the top layer of fur.
[html]

How pathetic, he couldn’t help thinking, that this girl’s father would toss aside his own child for a woman. Granted, she was old enough to be on her own, but physical maturity did not always mean maturity of the mind. Perhaps this girl still needed a guiding hand for at least a little while longer, and her father had not provided this. “Well, ‘e wasn’ exac’ly lonely wi'h a daugh’er t’love ‘im, now was ‘e?” Kian stated bluntly. Of course, the father’s loneliness was of a different sort than a simple lack of companionship—one that his daughter could not fulfill unless under sordid circumstances, and he fully understood this. But he couldn’t help feeling argumentative with her choice of wording. It was simply his nature. He valued friendship, family, and loyalty—things that his girl didn’t seem to have received back home, and this is what had sent her into the harsh world all alone. Greece was a far away land, showing the she-wolf had traveled a long, long way from everything and everyone that she knew. All security was lost as she was trust into an alien landscape with unfamiliar souls abound.

He’d done the same, of course, but he’d left nothing of value behind in Ireland. Everything had been taken from him, and so he had nothing left to tie him to a land with gently rolling hills of emerald green. Instead, he took to the world, allowing all to be his neighbor and whatever land he currently trod on to become his home for a time. At least he’d die with many different sights in his mind—but he’d rather a warm body to curl up beside every night to chase away the chill of darkness. These were the things he valued. One day he wished to settle down with a family of his own—children optional, as that wasn’t all there was to a family—and know he felt secure and adored. In the end, his happiness would always be short lived, but for a time—just a brief time—he wished to be content and experience what he’d long envied.

He was the dog happily waiting at the door for his loved one to come home, always greeting with a smile and a steadily waving tail. One soul—just one—would complete his world, and that was all that he desired and nothing more.

<style>
.kian-001 p {padding:0px 30px; text-indent:25px; margin:0px;}
.kian-001 b {color:#D8FAB2; letter-spacing:-.2px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; }
.kian-001 {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#69923B; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010apr/kian1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:225px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#3B561C; word-spacing:.4px; line-height:13px; letter-spacing:.2px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

The young female looked down immediately hearing what the male dog said. Her ears were so tight against her head they might as well have been non-existent. Her mind had thought for a moment, it reflected on all the things that her real mother had exposed her to; all the sexual situations. That was what her father wanted- needed? That could be questionable. Her eyes looked up to him. "He needed a different kind of attention, I s'pose." She felt awkward speaking like that. It felt so wrong to speak or think of her father like that. The look on her face spoke for her, in how uncomfortable it was to say that.

She looked away to the raining sky before she spoke again, "Can we go to a different subject...I don't want to think of my father in that light. He did more for me than anyone in my life. Granted he may have emotionally neglected me, but he never left me alone. We always had food and shelter. He provided everything that I needed, and stability was what he offered. Something my real mother neglected to ever do for my brother and I. He would never raise a hand to me like my mother did on multiple occasions for reasons I could never understand." Taking in a deep breath she continued, "It may not have been the way you feel it should be, but he did everything he could in his own way. My mother abandoned us with him, and only came to see my brother and I when it was convenient for her." Already she had said a lot more than she felt comfortable doing, but the male infuriated her. Perhaps he had his reasons, but he did not know what she had been through. Maybe her father was in the wrong, but she was a big girl...she could take care of herself....right?

Adonia had no more to say, she was done talking, which was hard to fathom. The young wolfdog was quite talkative actually, and to be quiet was out of ordinary, really. In all honesty, it was nice to have someone to talk to, even if he was a little infuriating. It was tolerable. After much reasoning, she finally was relaxing. Her ears went back to a more relaxed perky state, and her two-toned eyes look over to him. She was curious what he had to say to all of this, knowing he would have something to say;whether he said it or not. So far the male was pretty predictable...so far. While waiting for his response her eyes seemed to take in his physical features. She was beginning to wonder if she was the only canine that preferred being in her lupus state. However, she had only seen two other canines including this large scruffy one. From all the scents that this land held, surely there were at least a few hundred other wolves around this land.

<style>
.adonia-a01 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.adonia-a01 b {color:#A3BED8;}
.adonia-a01-separator {text-align:center; padding:0px; margin:5px 0px; border-styleConfusedolid none solid none; border-color:#000000; border-width:1px; border-size:1px;}
.adonia-a01-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.adonia-a01 {background-color:#0B1D2E; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010apr/adoniabg.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4A6073; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:347px; margin:0 auto; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.freeB8 b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.freeB8 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.freeB8 {width:375px;border:1px solid #171c13;background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... /free8.png);background-position:bottom center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-bottom:190px;background-color:#1c4c9e;text-align:justify;margin:0px;font-family:Verdana, sans-serif;font-size:10px;line-height:12px;color:#171c13;}
</style>

Of course, it was hard for Kian to trust. Perhaps this was why he was alone after all. He would smile and act friendly, doing whatever he could for the sake of others, but he didn’t trust as easily as it’d seem from the outside. Always wary, always questioning, he hadn’t originated from a sheltered nest of love and comfort. Even now, he’d gone and agitated the she-wolf with his views, causing her to become distinctly annoyed with him. Always, she’d defend her father, the man she adored and whom had raised her from puphood, and he knew this well with absolute certainty, but his point of view was perpetually limited by his own experience. He didn’t know a thing about what she’d come from, and his judgment was biased. “I agree—le’s speak o’ some’hin’ much more favorable,” he said. “An’ I nevar said yer da wasn’ a good person,” he added, just to clarify for the girl. “’Ow ye find it ‘ere? Ye don’ smell like a wolf pack, bu’ that don’ mean much, now does it?”

After a brief delay he added: “I’s unlikely any pack would accep’ a dog like me, yeah?” with an amused snort. He was amused at himself in a sickening, dark sort of way. He accepted who and what he was, but others didn’t always seem to see eye to eye with him regarding this. He was a dog, after all, and he looked like a dog. A canine like any other, perhaps, but he could never even try to pass for a wolf even they wanted to judge on appearance alone. Now this girl, on the other hand, possessed dog’s blood, but she could easily pass into a wolf pack. The only distinction she had was a peculiar coat pattern and blue eyes characteristic of certain northern breeds. Even her ears stood upright—unlike his that folded down and back against his head.

table by jenny.
[/html]
[html]

She was quiet, sitting in the rain as it poured upon her. The cool rain did not bother her, in all honesty, she loved the rain. Her two-toned eyes looked over to the large male, "I know...I just felt as if you were passing judgment...you have no need to apologize. Everyone makes assumptions, and everyone has their own reasons." Adonia was very patient, and very understanding. Her eyes looked back to the grass as beads of rain clung to their wax textures. "I came here on a boat...it was my luck that it came to this country, then I just walked here..." It was a peaceful adventure she thought. "Oh, no I am not part of any pack. I am a wolf dog, I don't think a full wolf pack would accept me." She added, "However, I have heard of some packs that are around here, which do accept dogs and wolf dogs...and I guess coyotes? I have never seen a coyote honestly." Her bright eyes looked back to him again, "Have you seen a coyote?"

She looked at him quizzically. Adonia, despite her background trusted others fairly easily, however, it took quite the effort for those to get her complete trust. Her loyalty was strong, she was very loyal to those she cared about, even pretty loyal and kind to those she didn't know 100%. She would do anything for anyone, even give them a good portion of her own kill if they were hungry. Some would say that was because she was submissive, and to some extent she was, however, she never hesitate to stick up for who and what she believed it. The young female was not a fighter, she was a lover. She leaned towards peace, and diplomacy really. She thought about what he said, she noticed the dark humor behind it. It was easy for her to notice as she has done the same to herself many times, "No, I am sure you can find a family somewhere...there are always packs that accept others, both like me and you." Her tail wagged in a hopeful manner, "You would be a great member to a pack, I am sure. You seem very strong and willful. A pack would be stupid to deny such a potential member." She believed in her words and it showed by the way she spoke them.

<style>
.adonia-a01-separator {text-align:center; padding:0px; margin:5px 0px; border-styleConfusedolid none solid none; border-color:#000000; border-width:1px; border-size:1px;}
.adonia-a01-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.adonia-a01 {background-color:#0B1D2E; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010apr/adoniabg.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4A6073; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:347px; margin:0 auto; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

In truth Kian did not mind the rain. He preferred his coat to be dry, but the sight of a cloud filled sky, pouring its contents onto the darkened earth did emit a sort of beauty that he could not deny. Ireland was filled with rain and emerald grass, when he escaped the confines of the city to travel into the open wilderness. Trains and automobiles had long since fallen into disrepair, so all transportation had to be taken on foot alone. He was built for speed and endurance, so despite his lazy streak he could travel quickly and effectively when the time came. “And ye should defend yer da when ye feel someone is dishonorin’ his name, ye should,” he said, his voice as rough as his scruffy exterior. She went on to literally explain how she’d gotten here. Of course, he was accustomed to people misinterpreting his meaning at times with his specific dialect, and so he ran with the conversation as it was. No use dwelling on silly little misunderstandings that didn’t even matter—they were just trying to make light conversation at this point as it was.

“Perhaps,” he agreed, intrigued slightly at the idea of a pack that allowed all canine species to co-exist. Their natures were all different, and yet he felt that some had evolved past such petty differences that once held them back, and so separate. “A coyote? Nae. Bu’ I believe I heard somewhere they look like smaller wolves or some’hin’,” Kian said, thinking back on what he’d learned about coyotes. Dogs he knew, but not coyotes. He’d never met one, as they weren’t native to any of the British Isles. They were a North American breed only, so unless they’d traveled, he’d never have chance to met one outside of this place. Perhaps this was one new experience he was entitled to by his relocation. Either way, he wasn’t particularly concerned. “Yer makin’ me blush,” he said with a small laugh to her last statement, averting his eyes in humility as he attempted to break all seriousness that’d somehow slipped so subtly into the conversation.

“Bu’ I’d like very much t’find a place I could sincerely call home,” the canine continued, suddenly wondering if he’d said too much in regards to his own weakness. He had a habit of letting his mouth flap without much thought, and the consequences could be immense at times—like inadvertently insulting the girl and her father and figuratively exposing his belly like a chastised puppy. At times, he was an open book that needed help to close its pages before he got hurt. He was a lonely soul, and it showed in his unconscious willingness to reveal himself to the world, hoping for someone to personally desire to come right on in past the barriers that surrounded his heart.

table by sie.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

A small smile came across her features as he spoke. She simply didn't respond feeling no response was necessary since she had just did that, or at least she felt she had. Her drenched ears began to flop forward slightly. For an odd reason her ears hadn't quite stood up permanently, yet. Just recently they had decided to stick up, so any weight added to them tended to make them want to droop. It was a little flaw from her mother's side making her wonder if her mom had lied about her lineage. The thought that she did did not surprise Adonia, there was a lot her mother had lied to her about. Standing upon all fours she shook herself off to get at least some of her pelt to be dry for just a second. This caused her ears to perk a little again.

Looking to the male before her she smiled, "I am hoping to investigate it, would you like to accompany me? I have been following the odd scents. I figured if I smell an odd canine scent, it must be them...the stronger it gets, the closer I am!" She smiled at him, her tail wagged, her blueish eyes twinkled, and a smile as radiant as a puppy's with cute little dimples on either side showing. The wolf dog hoped the large male would say 'yes' for a number of reasons. The male was strong, and he seemed to have a backbone to him and he seemed to be good company even if he was a little bull headed...in her opinion. When she heard him say she made him blush, she managed to blush herself. She never knew males blushed, it was a foreign concept to her. Maybe it was the way her father came off to her as a pup. He was hard, almost cold, however, she knew beneath that hard exterior her Father was very caring and loving and he showed it in his own way without uttering those three words that meant so much to her. Granted it would have been nice to hear them, but Adonia just knew that was how her father was. It wasn't his fault, it was just how he was raise-she knew that.

Her brows came together in a puzzled expression. She thought about his last set of words. However, that hard thought was a fleeting one. The youth never thought too hard or deep about things like that. Instead she merely smiled and spoke in response, "I bet you will! No male like you can be a loner for too long. You're too strong and valuable." Her tail wagged as her eyes looked at him in a sort of admiration one gives to a mentor. Despite all of Adonia's hardships she cared about everyone and everything. Maybe it was because she put everyone else's needs before hers. She loved to nurture and show love to things, without really expecting much in return except respect. Not that she wouldn't be heartbroken without love and nurture back, she just wouldn't show the pain. It was something she learned from her Father. Her true emotions tended to be bottled up, though at times some showed. She was like a pop bottle with baking soda in it. With time she would explode, but she would do everything in her power to avoid it.

<style>
</style>[/html]