earn your legs
[html]

It was a miracle that Arda had made it this far. His resting place at AniWaya's town hall sat a few yards away from the spot he was at now - limping the tiny distance had taken the old man the higher part of 40 minutes, with a few breaks in between. Already, he creaked and wheezed. Rheumy gold eyes focused on the overhanging branch of a tree. His pink tongue lolled out of his jaws as he panted from the effort of the walk, black gums shining with drool. His red-and-grey coat had developed a misting of sweat and he shook his body weakly in an attempt to rid himself of the wretched damp feeling.

He stared up at the branch longingly, eyes roving over the gentle curve, the strength of the tree limb. The ancient man wished for nothing more than the energy to shift that moment, so that perhaps he might have that branch. He'd been staring around the area at the entrance to the Town Hall for the last few hours, searching for a branch that might be reachable in the few trees. He had thought perhaps he might be able to reach this one in Lupus form, but in his impatience he had misjudged.

Oh how he longed for his leg back. For a few years back on the clock. If he could just hop up against the thin trunk he might reach it, but the very thought of the effort caused his body to protest. This particular branch would have made the perfect walking stick, he was sure of it. And he knew he would need a cane before he could even think of shifting. Despite his still weak condition, Arda was determined to prove his worth to his new pack, though he had met few members. They had been kind enough to let an old man rest, most definitely.

But the lazy life of an elder sounded worse than death, and he would need to be back on his feet eventually, limp or no limp. He feared deeply that his hands would go soft from lack of use - he longed to challenge stone once more. Rest. He needed it, but rest was such a waste of time for a wolf so old. He was running out of time as it was - there was no time for rest.

Eyes flashed in frustration, paws scratching the ground. He felt like throwing a fit, so mad at himself as he was. He wished he could stomp around and scream at someone like a child. No one knew the definition of failure until they could not break a simple sturdy branch off a tree. He growled softly, and the smoke of his voice seemed to echo in the quiet of the evening.

Eh. Sorta pointless, but Arda needs to meet some peoplez. He needs a cane too, so I guess I'm trying to shoot two birds with one stone and all. And also, I wasn't sure of how many trees were in the area, but I figured there had to be at least one or a little stubby silly one. Hmmf.

<style type="text/css">
.table-b01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#D9AE9E; letter-spacing:1px; }
.table-b01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#FFFFFF}
.table-b01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.table-b01 {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i37.tinypic.com/2sb7bpv.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 370px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#CCCC99; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Hi =].

Dragging his paws, Moonfyre finally entered his dull, plain and simple hut. He managed to find a hammer and some hook looking things to nail into the wood. Now he had somewhere to hang his bag. But he wasn’t hanging anything in his wolf form, only because he couldn’t reach. He used his teeth to drag the satchel off his shoulder and dropped it to the floor. Then he used them again to pull off the flap, pull out the dirty blanket and throw it on the floor, and lastly the book in which he placed on the floor. He would get to reading that later.

Moonfyre turned toward his door and exited through the flap of leather, closing his eyes. When the cool night air hit him, he knew he was outside without needing to open his eyes. He stretched and heard about nine bones in his spine crack, yawned, and then opened his eyes to see an old looking wolf by a tree. Moonfyre reclined to his haunches by his hut and watched the old brute by the tree. He looked very frustrated and Moonfyre always was a sucker for helping the old. His brain urged him to help the old wolf and before he noticed, his paws were taking him there.

When he neared the tree, he slowed a bit and watched more. Now he was sure the ancient brute needed help. He seemed to be looking intently on the tree branch which looked a bit flimsy to Moonfyre. He approached anyway, though.

Can I help you, sir?

He always made sure he was polite to old people; especially old like this. This poor wolf looked frail and unsteady. His voice was pleasant and almost mysterious like he had a secret he was hiding from the world.

Moon thinks Moon speaks Moon acts & emphasizes

<style>
.moonflower-ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:1px; color:#D03C0E; }
.moonflower p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.moonflower b {color:#FFB22E;}
.moonflower i {color:#F9C809;}
.moonflower {background-color:#828081; background-image:url(http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab25 ... p015-1.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 290px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: tahoma, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#222328; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:15px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.moonflower-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

oooh. hi. yay~ gracias.

Arda continued staring at the branch, as if trying to make it come down with his mind power alone. The thin coat of sweat that had blanketed his pelt glistened as he turned around to face the wolf he had heard. The movement was too quick for the old man, as his body groaned in protest from the sudden movement. This new AniWayan had surprised him though, and he now felt embarrassed to have been caught trying to mentally damn a tree branch. He dipped his head in greeting as the approaching male came closer. The black wolf smelled of AniWaya, and he felt slightly more at ease.

When the wolf spoke, Arda felt the embarrassment trying to slip back. He smiled meekly, golden eyes resting on the wolf, but not looking him in the eyes. He considered whether or not to tell the wolf of his mission, and decided it would more polite to introduce himself first. "Hello. I am Arda Perrio. New to this tribe. I'm not sure if I need help or not. I want to shift soon, but I'm going to need a walking stick if I hope to move anywhere. I'm not sure if I can reach it though."

There he went again, always asking for help. He had asked Dawali for a place to stay, had asked Liliana for a horse. And now here he was, asking again. At some point he knew he would ask too much. The old wolf was determined to stop this wretched dependency sooner or later. When he had his leg back, when he could move around... he'd show them just how helpless he was. No matter how many years you live, there remains a desire for independence, even when independence means certain death. Arda realized that, but he was not yet ready to become a complete parasite.

Arda noticed the politeness in this wolf's voice. The hospitality of the AniWayans had not ceased to amaze him. These wolves were almost too good to be true. He then took to observing the stranger, marveling at the wolf's strange facial markings. He had seen a lot of crazy marks on wolves in his years, but this wolf's made him look quite good, Arda decided. He had not yet seen an AniWayan who struck him as overly strange. And with all the kindness he had received, he did not expect to.

<style type="text/css">
.oldgoat b {font-weight:bold; color:#4EE35F; letter-spacing:1px; }
.oldgoat .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#FFFFFF}
.oldgoat p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.oldgoat {margin:0 auto; width:371px; background-color:#485446; background-image:url(http://i33.tinypic.com/2a6qkc7.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 370px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

=]

Oh, that’s no problem Arda. I would be happy to help you.

There he went again with his pleasant politeness. He tortured a rabbit the other day, biting its limbs and neck until it was barely squirming and left it to die; didn’t even have the courtesy to kill it before he left. Nope. Who would ever know how this wolf could just change that quickly from being a crazy killer to the kindest wolf in the area? No one would because he would tell no one.

Moonfyre looked at the tree for a moment measuring whether this required shifting or not. He approached the tree with them same wondering eyes and climbed up the bark with just his front paws. Yes. It seemed this job would need transformation. So, he backed away from the ancient brute and began to shift. His arms and legs elongated and his back straightened. His head grew bigger along with his muscle composure. Before you could even realize, he was in Optime form already. He probably stood about an average 6’2” in this form and he could certainly now get the tree branch for the old brute.

Moonfyre approached the tree sizing the branch that the old one wanted. He looked at the other branches that were in his reach, they looked much sturdier than this one. He grabbed one of the thicker ones he was looking at and snapped it easily off the tree. He took the long branch and snapped off any other little branches and growths that was on it before handing it to Arda.

I hope this one’s okay. It looked better than the one you were trying to curse down with your eyes.

He chuckled slightly as he held Arda’s walking stick out to him.

Moon thinks Moon speaks Moon acts & emphasizes

<style>
.moonflower-ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:1px; color:#D03C0E; }
.moonflower p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.moonflower b {color:#FFB22E;}
.moonflower i {color:#F9C809;}
.moonflower {background-color:#828081; background-image:url(http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab25 ... p015-1.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 290px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: tahoma, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#222328; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:15px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.moonflower-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
</style>[/html]