a peddler's smile, a swindler's lie
[html]

Word Count → 326 :: I suck at starting posts. ; ; Tell me if you'd like anything changed.~

The cloak that adorned the woman felt soft to the touch, and though it felt strange to have something covering her body, it was comfortable enough, especially when the hood provided shade from the sun. She had decided to wear it that day, despite the fact that some clouds drifted across a sea of blue, just for convenience’s sake. If she was going to wander through the unclaimed Bay, where nary a tree could be found, she would need clear sight in order to catch anything out of the ordinary, and the disturbance of the sun was not going to be at her expense.

So, she set out that morning, her crudely made bag that was constructed with leather hanging at her side. It was filled with that day’s lunch, as well as the various pelts of the creatures her traps snared. She did not know if she would run into anyone that was willing to trade with her, but it was better to be prepared, she decided, especially when she could insert a word of good tidings on the behalf of Inferni. She did not know how many or whom the Boreas had preached to, but Sparrow knew it was better to have another canine that saw the clan for the better than for the worse, though she still was not too keen on meeting another wolf.

Exploring some of the northwestern territory was Sparrow’s goal that day. Though she would rather stalk around Inferni’s borders, only her eyes touching the outside lands, it would help the clan if she knew what laid beyond it herself. There was not much to see; though the shoreline was pretty, it was rather empty on this side of the land, much unlike that of the eastern woods. While she paid some awareness to the bare plains before her, she found herself tying some pieces of long grass together to busy herself, her feet moving mechanically over the earth.

<style>
.sparraze3-box {float:right;}
.sparraze3 .words {font-size:25px; font-family: 'Averia Gruesa Libre'; text-align:center; line-height:23px; padding:0px 5px 10px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; text-transform:uppercase;}
.sparraze3 {font-family:trebuchet ms, serif; font-size:13px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; letter-spacing:.5px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/zf6Re.png); background-position:top left; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:0px 0px 0px 200px;}
.sparraze3 p.ooc {font-family:tahoma, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:left; padding:0px 5px;}
.sparraze3 p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.sparraze3 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.sparraze3 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 5px;}
.sparraze3 b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.05em;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]

Leave me bleeding on the bed, see you right back here tomorrow, for the next round.Keep this scene inside your head, as the bruises turn to yellow, and the swelling goes down..

Word Count → ### :: It is fine hun. I'm not all that amazing at starting myself.

Zeitgeist was hard pressed to find any sort of civilization. Where were all of the buildings? what was with all of this open space? How did one not go insane with boredom because of all of this nothingness? Even with the company that Z was keeping it wasn't enough to entertain him. One couldn't speak and while the other could there was still the inability to uphold a conversation. It was because of such that the male was eager to a town or market or somewhere the he could bump into a multitude of others.

Zeitgeist was beginning to wonder why these places had been circled upon the map. It wasn't turning out to be the promised land that he had figured it would be. The canine was starting to wish he hadn't left behind most of his hoard. Sure, they might be worthless trinkets over on this side of the world but he still prided himself in having amassed quite an extensive collection of assortments before he had ended up giving it all up in order to travel in the hopes of finding excitement and adventure again. So far his journeying seemed to simply be a bust.

Zeitgeist had been losing himself to his thoughts when he became aware of another up ahead of him. Z reached down beside him to tap the boy that had traveled with him on the shoulder in order to get guillotine's attention before pointing over to where te female was.

Zeitgeist headed off in the direction of the female, leaving Guillotine as well as Ptolemy, the African Grey that the boy was carrying, to follow along behind him. "Ciao, Signora!" The Italian words flowed so easily from his tongue as he lifted up a hand to wave at the female. "You wouldn't happen to be heading to market, would you?" the question was spoken once the male of mixed dog breeds had gotten closer. She was carrying around a bag with her so he could only hope as much.

And if you're ever around, in the city or the suburbs, of this town,
Be sure to come around, I'll be wallowing in sorrow, wearing a frown,
like pierrot the clown.

Table by the Mentors!

<style>
@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family= ... e+A+Sister);
.zz-01-cai {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align:left; margin:0px 25px; width:80%;}
.zz-01-cai p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:10px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.zz-01-cai p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.zz-01-cai .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.zz-01-cai p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.zz-01-cai b {letter-spacing:.05em;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:475px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.zz-01-cai .name {text-align:center; font-family:Alegreya SC; font-size:65px; text-shadow:#102015 1px 1px 1px; line-height:55px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.zz-01-cai .lyrics {color:#5a745d; text-align:center; font-family:Love Ya Like A Sister; font-size:24px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:18px; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#757677 1px 1px 1px;}
.zz-01-cai { background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/ ... /CCeAx.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 412 :: ooc here

With the wind blowing gently against her face, and the fact that she had her guard down, she did not notice that she was near another being before one spoke. She was half-surprised, her heart jumping up to her throat and gaze whipping to the one who called her. But, as soon as her fear register, it went; she did not expect to be alone among these open lands, and the man that was accompanied by a smaller one and a bird looked friendly enough. At least, they did not sneak upon her and attacked when she was not paying attention, and that spoke a few words within it.

His accent was odd, reminding her of a group of canines she met before, but it was different than them—their words sounded off the tongue so strangely, but again this one was unique to her ears. Moreover, his words made no sense at first, and wondered if he was talking to someone else. No, you’re the only one out here, she reminded herself spitefully, but a friendly mask stayed on her face despite her self-demotion. “Ah… Greetings,” she called back, hoping that the two words meant some sort of salutation, since it only made sense in this situation, and raised a small, tanned hand to return his wave.

As he approached her, she flipped her hood down, to make her less suspicious; at all times, she was thinking of Inferni, and how she could be representing it. “Market…? I don’t believe there are any of those here,” she said softly, slightly confused by his words. She remembered the ghost of talks about some festival were canines brought items, or something like that, but apparently they were long gone before she stepped into these lands, since there had not been recent talk of it, and wondered if the male had come after hearing such things, and came too late.

“We—the packs, I mean—we all trade with each other, if you mean that. Though I’m not heading for a pack in particular, I do have some things…” For a moment, she was silent, not knowing if he was interested in her pelts for trade, but continued a short second later, “My name is Sparrow, sir.” Despite giving her name, she did not feel any less awkward towards the male, the usual when meeting someone new, and added, to be a bit more helpful though she was not too demanding, “What’s your name?”

<style>
.sparraze3 .words {font-size:25px; font-family: 'Averia Gruesa Libre'; text-align:center; line-height:23px; padding:0px 5px 10px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; text-transform:uppercase;}
.sparraze3 {font-family:trebuchet ms, serif; font-size:13px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; letter-spacing:.5px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/zf6Re.png); background-position:top left; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:0px 0px 0px 200px;}
.sparraze3 p.ooc {font-family:tahoma, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:left; padding:0px 5px;}
.sparraze3 b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.05em;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Leave me bleeding on the bed, see you right back here tomorrow, for the next round.Keep this scene inside your head, as the bruises turn to yellow, and the swelling goes down..

Word Count → ### :: OOC words here.

Zeitgeist hadn't figured that such simple words could not be interpreted. Certainly he knew about the differences in languages given his life at port but it had slipped his mind that there were some that still speculated over such simple greetings. But then again he had met those who could care less what the words actually but rather cherished the sound of them. The language could easily be speculated to be among the ones that one would consider romantic. Ah, it truly was a beautiful language but Zeitgeist had learned to abandon it except for a few choice words that he sprinkled in throughout conversations that he was holding. The Italian greeting was simply among the repertoire of words that he had yet to have given up on. To him it just sounded better, and often made a better impression, then a crude 'Hey you.'

"Ah, such a pity. It has been too long since I've been able to banter back and forth for a good deal." Zeitgeist clucked his tongue and shook his head before speaking up again with a hint of a chuckle to his words. "Tis strano what one misses whence it can't be found again. Ah, the haggling was great and even better the feeling of knowing you wrangled out the best deal possible. But I suppose what I miss the most is the simple act of conversing with a group." That wasn't to say that he didn't enjoy the company of Guillotine and Ptolemy but simply that they couldn't wag their tongues as Z could his own. After all look at how many words for him to get a single point across. Certainly he could have shortened it and used fewer words but where was the fun in that? He figured that the more that he spoke then the more he could possibly pry out of the female as well.

Zeitgeist gave a tilt of his head to her words. "Packs, Signora?" The way he questioned it showed that this wasn't a concept that he was used to. Just as she would probably be lost in the markets that he had so often frequented back in Europe. Again he had to wonder why this place had been marked upon his map when he was just finding one vast difference after another from the sort of life that he was used to living.

When the female introduced herself a smile worked across his lips as he bowed his head. The male reached out a hand in an attempt to try to grab one of Sparrow's so that a soft lick might be delivered to the back of it in a form of greeting. "Passero, il mio piccolo Passero. They call me Zeitgeist. The boy is Guillotine and the bird is Ptolemy. Guillotine has been with me since I purchased his freedom back in London while Ptolemy is a recent addition from this place called Freetown. Have you heard of that? Tis not far from here really. Nothing like the markets you will find in Europe but certainly bigger than anything I have found up this way." Of course she had said there were none which would of course make it bigger. "Ah, forgive my rambling. You were going to tell me about what you have?" The thought struck him that she had mentioned having a few things and caused him to straighten up once again.

like pierrot the clown.

Table by the Mentors!

<style>
.zz-01-cai {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align:left; margin:0px 25px; width:80%;}
.zz-01-cai p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:10px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:475px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.zz-01-cai .name {text-align:center; font-family:Alegreya SC; font-size:65px; text-shadow:#102015 1px 1px 1px; line-height:55px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.zz-01-cai .lyrics {color:#5a745d; text-align:center; font-family:Love Ya Like A Sister; font-size:24px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:18px; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#757677 1px 1px 1px;}
.zz-01-cai { background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/ ... /CCeAx.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 705 :: Spar is too trusting, lol. xD

Zeitgeist’s words did not make any more sense than they had before, but she did try her best to understand what he was saying. More often than not these days, her upbringing seemed to be pitted against her, and saw that she needed to get with the modern times and terms in order to socially function. Thankfully, Inferni was not as human-dependent as some of the packs, and did not feel the immediate need to conform into this strange lifestyle, though she was slowly creeping into every day. The reading was her baby steps, and now learning how to use weapons and horses made her wonder if she will ever remain what some would call “feral”.

She smiled, being a bit crooked with its half-heartedness, when she thought about apologizing ahead of time if she lacked the moral of a conversation; she was more of a listener than a talker, and he spoke of the want of discussion. But, she remained quiet, hoping to not ward him because of voicing her low level of self-esteem. His words were grabbing at her attention, too, as she began to understand them better, wishing to hear more about himself and to not chase him off.

“As far as I know, there are a couple of packs around here… There’s one south of here—my clan, Inferni—another more west from this point, and one north, you might’ve passed it by without noticing it. There are even more the more south you go, but I’m not sure how many, and no one has told me much about them, though I do know there is a pack that mainly revolves around trading. Though we don’t have… markets, we have enough packs around to supply most of our needs and some of our wants.” Sparrow hoped this was a satisfaction enough. She could have elaborated, but wanted to keep her statements short and to the point; if he was curious about the packs and expressed further interest, she would be glad to oblige.

She felt a bit uncomfortable as the dog-man gently licked her hand, but allowed the motion to occur; she did not wish to offend him, but still did not like to be touched nonetheless. He spoke in strange words again, but decided against asking what he meant, and listened to the rest of the words, which held better clarity. She glanced at the smaller male and the bird as Zeitgeist mentioned them, and wondered why the both of them remained quiet. She would have thought that Guillotine would have spoken for himself, and ever since learning that the Infernian ravens could voice a few choice words of the predator language, assumed that birds now held the knowledge to speak, which accounted for Ptolemy. But, both remained silent, which did not bother Sparrow all that much, being the more calm soul herself.

“No, I’m afraid I haven’t… I lived, um, out of the ways, I guess you say. More northeast than here, so I don’t know much of the area.” She did not want to outright admit that heard no such things before, so hid it behind the fact that she was new, which was the half-truth, at least. She smiled meekly as he apologized for no reason, but took it in case he would take offense of she had not. “I may not seem much now, but I got a couple of pelts… You said you were not of this land, right? If you have not heard, these lands are colder that some, even during the fall it can get harsh. If caught unprepared, you would be going through a tough winter.” She opened her bag and slid out her finest rabbit fur, its coloration so beautiful that she would say even caught her unmaterialistic eye. “I’ve heard that pelts are the best way to keep comfortable during the dark months, and I got a few more on me. Are you perhaps interested?” She had tried her best to sound suave and to make her items more attractive by pulling out the best, but she was not sure if it would work against Zeitgeist, whom seemed to be a master at trading and bartering from what he said.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → ### :: Awwe, well good thing Zeitgeist isn't vicious.

It was not only her that faltered with the things that he spoke of. But then again look at where they lived and where he had come from. It really was like two different worlds entirely. So no, it seemed like only those whom had lived overseas would be the ones that were able to understand just what it was that he spoke of. That they would be the only ones who could share his sentiments. Only those that would be able to mourn the missing market with him.

"So these packs, what are their purpose? What does it mean to be a pack? If one centers on trading then why is there no market? How do they obtain business without having a market to do it in?" Just as she couldn't understand her world he couldn't understand hers. He was used to a centralized place from which to obtain wares and then families living in their separate abodes about such a thing. For there to be no such thing out this way simply didn't make sense to him. How was food obtained then if it couldn't be traded for? Were those living in this area proficient and every single aspect of what it took to live and survive?

While Ptolemy could talk Guillotine lacked the ability. Zeitgeist had heard the bird speak more, or well squawk mostly when he wished for attention, in the short time that he had him then he had heard Guillotine say in the entire time that they had been together. It was just something that Z had to get used to as neither could continue a back and forth which is what he had desired for when he had obtained both companions but ended up finding each lacking. But while neither talked to his satisfaction they were each entertaining in their own rights.

"Ah, I've only heard tales of this place existing when I was still living overseas but no story could have prepared me for what I found out here." Or really the lack of what he was finding really. "Hm, I will have to take the measures to prepare myself then." He spoke the words thoughtfully as he looked over what it was that she pulled out. "This is lovely, nice texture." The pelt was complimented as he caressed his fingers through the fur. "I'm afraid it is on the small side if I were to try and use it to remain warm in the winter. There is simply no way that it could cover me." He looked up from the pelt to the cloak that the female was wearing. He reached out a hand to try to touch the cloak while trying to catch the female's gaze with his own and hold it, a smile on his lips to show that he wasn't upset. "Perhaps something like this is in order. But with sleeves, you know to keep the arms covered while allowing for movement. And perhaps some form of fastening to keep it closed." Zeitgeist was musing allowed what would most likely work best for him during the winter. "Do you think you could manage that? Take as much time as you need so long as I get it before it gets cold. I will even allow you to name your own price and I will find some way to pay whatever you ask for. You can also decide what place you would find comfort in this trade taking place as there is no market to do such at." So while there wasn't much he could do with what it was that she had now he was willing to work out a deal for later. "Don't forget about something for the boy as well. And what about Ptolemy? Do you think he requires something as well?" This was Zeitgeist's first bird and so he wasn't certain if their feathers were enough to survive the winter with or not. It was something he would have to learn as he went along.

like pierrot the clown.

Table by the Mentors!

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 625 :: occ here

“The purpose?” Sparrow did not think much about exactly why the packs were here. “Well… Some people seek power, I guess, though some of them don’t… I guess like-minded canines just tend to gather into one place.” Or, in some cases, the same species; she knew Inferni did not take kindly to wolves, but welcomed coyotes of all the likes, it was almost like a sanctuary for them in a land of wolves. “To be in a pack, well, you have fellowship, people to rely on… And, a purpose for yourself, I guess. Like, you have a duty to protect your own, and provide for them. It’s a good thing to do.” Of course, this was her opinion, and she did not know if Zeitgeist was a man for many, or just for himself, having only just met.

“W-well… Um, I don’t know. We all just mind our own business and usual try to keep to ourselves, besides to trade, I guess. No one seems too interested to make a market when there are their people to take care of. Or maybe no one wants one person to hold that much sway in things. It’s complicated,” she murmured, still thoroughly confused as to why he was still stuck on the idea of a market. But, the more he pointed it out, the more it made sense: why didn’t they have a market? The question did not stick long in her head, though, since she did not hold as much affinity for collecting items she thought were not essential for her survival or personal comfort.

When he said there was not enough to make use of anything with one pelt, she wanted to point out that she had more. But, before she could speak, he began to her cloak, which she found strange. Sparrow also felt uncomfortable by the action, but she did not want to make it seem like she was, so she kept her gaze on the dog’s, their emotion unchanging. She listened to his musings, finding them practical. But, she at first thought they were only just thoughts, until he became clear that he wanted her to make such a thing. It was not like she was not capable, just merely surprised he was asking her, which made her feel happy; no one ever asked anything from her, and it was a good thing to find someone needing something from you. “W-well… It may take me two months, getting the pelts and then making them, but I can do it,” she said softly, her excitement barely shown.

“The bird… I’m not quite sure.” She never heard of birds minding the weather, but then again, she never saw a bird like Ptolemy. “I could try, maybe… Like, a, um, a vest?” she guessed, trying to think of the correct name for the clothing. She thought it had to be something that did not restrict his wings, and thought of something like that. “It would not hurt to make one, just in case... When I am done, we can meet up back here—when the moon is just like it is tonight after two, full cycles. I will be finished by then.” She was quiet for a moment, unsure what she could get in return for her services. She was not a woman of many needs, and instead tried to think of what Inferni needed. “What can you offer for me in exchange for this…?” She asked hesitantly, showing that she was a bit wary; Zeitgeist had spoken how he made off with the best deals. She wanted to show that she would try her best not to be unfairly traded with without directly hinting it. While she lacked market etiquette, she had common sense.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Zeitgeist still didn't get it. "But why? What is the point of separating into small groups rather than everyone living together? Why not have a centralized place where business is handled and then everyone live as families about that place? Why take the measures to separate yourself from the entire of the populace to live in a small space? Why not take the advantage to tame the wilderness? Why limit yourself in your interactions?" He just didn't see the practicality of packs. Sure, he could understand groups and such but he didn't understand why there wasn't more of a community. He had a group that he had run around with but they had lived in a commonplace with an assortment of others living about them. There wasn't such great distance where he had to spend days walking over such far distances to visit a neighbor. The way things were being handled here made no sense at all to him. The exact things she had listed off where things that had transpired where he had lived as part of a greater community.

"How would one have more sway than another? No one being runs a market. It is made up of a number of others. Whoever has something that they want to get rid of sell it in the market. They are only responsible over working out a deal for the item they are getting rid of and have no control over what someone else does with their wares." Her reasoning still didn't give him any insight into a sound reason not to have a market. It was just like hawking your wares to everyone else for a trade except for you taking your things to them they come to you in the market to get what it was that they desire. To Zeitgeist a market still sounded so much easier than what they were all doing currently. But perhaps that was only him.

"Two months?" Zeitgeist mused. It sounded reasonable enough to him. If he was correct it would move past spring and into summer which meant it would be in his possession before winter approached. "Are you certain you are allowing yourself enough time to take care of something for the each of us? I certainly wouldn't a rush job that would fall apart the first time it is placed on, especially with the time you are giving it would not receive any hard use for a few months. I'm not impatient and willing to wait for such a large order. If you find yourself then simply concern yourself with making certain something for the boy and the bird are done before it turns cold." Zeitgeist was willing to wait on his own if it wouldn't be done in time. Just so long as his charges were taken care of first then he would be satisfied.

"Something like this?" Zeitgeist ran a hand over his own vest as the female brought up making something of the such for the bird. He supposed that would do since Ptolemy still needed to be able to fly and he could think of nothing else. He wasn't even certain if it would be needed or used but still he felt better just knowing that there would be something there just in case it could be used.

Zeitgeist shrugged his shoulders. "I've nothing with me now so I've got nothing to offer in advance. Since I will have to seek out something in the time in between meetings it is why I've given you the opportunity to name your own price. I can't say what would interest you. You name what you want, within reason of course, and I will be certain to acquire it." After all it wasn't like he was going to give up Guillotine or Ptolemy, nor any of the meager possessions that they had to survive off of. But anything new that he came up with then Zeitgeist would have no issue offering up in trade. "I will have to head back to Freetown and there I can nearly find whatever your heart should content itself with. If it is not there currently then I will make certain it is shipped." Of course if she wanted out of season then she would be out of luck until it came to be in season again. Even so he would make certain to put in the order for it and would have to headed back down to Freetown later whenever it came to be in season and could be shipped.

like pierrot the clown.

Table by the Mentors!

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 553 :: ooc here

She became rattled at the many questions that the man shot at her, and found that she was unable to keep up with most of them. His questions made no sense as to why ask about them—if they did not have a market, they didn’t have a market, and Sparrow found it simple as that. She did not overanalyze like Zeitgeist had, mostly because she did not care much for what he yearned for. “I cannot answer that,” she murmured honestly, finding her gaze flickering to the ground for a moment only to return back up, “We… I don’t know. I did not come from a place like that, nothing like that at all. I wasn’t even born in a pack. My family was alone.” Sparrow curtly cut off, not knowing if she wanted to get any more personal with the dog. With a small sigh, she continued, “Look, if you want a market, why not make one? Maybe others would like the idea and come along.”

Again, she did not understand his need, her empathy going so far. He was from a whole other world, and only a few words that had reached their complete understanding could be given by the mottled woman. She did understand his want, the need for something, but nothing beyond that.
For a moment, a smile played on delicate lips. “Do you underestimate my abilities? I may not be the finest crafter around, but I make sure I do my best—the cloaks would be as if they were for my personal use. But… if you feel uncertain, I shall make them in five months’ time. I may even find finer furs, if you are willing to wait that long if you fancy apparel.” She was not considering looks when she first thought out the clothing, practicality being the priority. But if he wanted more working time, she could be a bit more creative with the project, and by the sounds of where he came from, may appreciate that.

She watched as he gestured to his own article of clothing, and nodded carefully. “Yes… Something like that was in my mind.” She wondered for a moment how she would create such a thing without a model to make sure it fit. But, she noticed as she glanced at the bird that he was about the same size as her sister’s bird, and smiled a bit crookedly at the thought of fitting Stark, though as a latter thought she decided that any of Inferni crows could work. Maybe she could tempt them with the meat that the furs would provide, she thought, and mentally nodded when she decided upon that matter.

Sparrow frowned a bit, though not from sadness, just from thought, as she wondered over what she could get in return. By the sounds of it, anything within reason could be granted—“whatever your heart should be content itself with”—and found that all the choices were daunting. But, she did not want her answer to be long awaited on, so she thought hard, and after about thirty seconds, spoke. “If it is possible… I wish for you to bring me a bicycle.” She assumed that the man knew what she was talking about, so waited patiently to see if he would agree with her terms.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

"I wasn't born in a pack either. Never even heard of such a thing before. I grew up living with my family and interacted with those whom lived around the market. Never went into their homes but we conversed in the marketplace." A market was much more than good for him. It was also where conversations too place. It was where everyone gathered so it was as much social as it was also about physical gains. It was the missing of conversation that had him wanting one so fervently, not to mention he liked the ease of acquiring food in such a place.

Zeitgeist sighed and ended up shaking his head. "I apologize for burdening you. It was simply a shock that such a place could not simply exist. Perhaps at some point you can tell me more about these packs of which you speak. I swear that I will listen and let you talk rather than ask such obtrusive questions." He had messed up and he knew it. Usually he was a lot more careful with the spoken word. He was usually a lot more suave and smooth but it certainly didn't show upon this encounter. He fretted that he had lost all possible charm that he had.

"I certainly did not mean to imply that in the slightest. I do not know the amount of work and effort that goes into creating such articles. I simply wished you to know that I am not impatient. I wouldn't want you to spend all of your time working on my order when most certainly there must be other things that you'd rather be doing and enjoying." He really wasn't trying to put down her skills in the slightest but simply wished her to know that he didn't expect them as soon as possible. He didn't want her dedicating all of her waking time to the project just to meet such a deadline. He had simply meant it for her benefit but it only seemed as if he had messed up yet again.

Actually he wanted the cloak for practical uses. It was why he wore the vest, for the pockets so that he could keep his cherished possessions close to him and with him always. The hat had simply been a matter of distraction so that he could make his fortune the only way that he knew how. It was only the collar that had no practical value but was worn for sentimental value instead. So he was truly about practicality. He wanted something that would last and do its job well to keep him warm. It was what he wanted from each of the orders he had placed.

Zeitgeist waited, watching the female as she seemed to be trying to figure out what would be worth her time. "I would assume that you would want such a thing in working condition." At least to him it seemed the most practical to want it to work but for all he knew she could have only wanted it so that she could deconstruct it for pieces instead.

like pierrot the clown.

Table by the Mentors!

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 633 :: ooc here

She felt a little bad when she realized that she was being a little snappish, and it was obvious she felt guilty as she frowned as the thought came to her. There was probably an excuse to explain her shortcomings—perhaps she was still tensed about the Boreas, nervous that the man would think lowly of her if she was to reveal her less than modern upbringing, unwilling to talk about things she barely had a grasp on. But, she was not the one to make up for her actions with words when they were already dealt, knowing they could only mean so much in the long run. “Seriously though,” she said, her tone shifting back to a more friendly sound, even encouraging, “I don’t think anyone would stop you if you tried to make a market yourself… I know others who would enjoy that. You can recreate such a place for others to embrace and remember the feeling as well.”

She nodded when he spoke of information about the packs, willing to share whatever she knew about the claimed territories that cluttered Nova Scotia with the traveling Zeitgeist. Others knew more than her, practically seeing some of the packs form before their eyes subsequent to their joining of the lands, but Sparrow herself knew the basics, and was eager to learn more as well. But, for now, she had to settle what she knew and tell the man about them. First, though, she wanted to get the trade settled with.

She smiled a bit at the words he spoke, but again felt a little bad that he seemed to be taking her words directly to heart. “I was trying to be funny, I guess—I didn’t mean to act like I was offended… Sorry,” the woman apologized, her gaze glancing at the ground for a moment only to return to Zeitgeist’s. She had to remind herself that she was not yet a master of speech, and whenever she tried to be clever, it may as well have been a blunder, and instilled that thought in her mind for her to remember for further conversations. “But, I guess there are other things I would enjoy,” she mused, trying to think of activities that would’ve been hindered if she decided on the original time set. Not many came to mind, but she kept that in herself, if it made the male feel better about the extended time.

“And, yes, the best condition there is… It won’t be of much use to me at the present, but, it could come in handy to me some day,” she agreed, thinking about some of the ways it would help her. If she couldn’t think of anything to do with it by the time it came to her… Well, some canines enjoyed baubles and oddities, and it wouldn’t be hard to trade with a thing such as that. May the months in between would allow her to think of important items needed for Inferni, and a bicycle could allow her to get such things.

She clasped her hands together in finality, and added, “Well, if that’s all there is, I wouldn’t mind just simply chatting with you, like in the markets? We could talk about the packs.” The woman began to settle herself on the ground, her legs crossing each other Indian-style, and placed her bag on her lap, the long grass reaching up to her shoulders. “I have some meat, if you guys want some—it’s fresh, caught just last night, roasted waterfowl.” She packed a rather large meal for her size, thinking she would be traveling all day and wouldn’t return back to her den until the next morning, but with company, there was enough to comfortable share with all, even the boy and the bird.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Zeitgeist hadn't an issue talking about where he had come from. Of course he couldn't exactly explain things that he had experienced which another had never heard of before. But he didn't mind trying in the very least. After all he was fond of the part of the world that he had grown up in. In truth it was all he knew and the only way that he knew how to live. But he was willing to adapt. After all he had to if he wished to survive on this side of the world.

"I will consider it. I've nothing to trade so I haven't the makings to open a market. I've never been a merchant but simply a haggler." He honestly didn't know exactly what it took to run a market or where the merchants first acquired their goods. No, he only had experience in secondhand goods. He knew how to barter with what he had for what he wanted. But he had no idea how to make a living off of that though. He already knew it would take more than him. It would take those with things to trade and those whom had items that were wanted.

"Have you no idea of the things that you enjoy?" He asked when he couldn't make out if she was truly uncertain about such a thing or if it was another attempt at amusement. "Even if there aren't things that you enjoy then certainly there are things that need doing no matter what." After all not all tasks of the day were a highlight. Zeitgeist could come up with a few of those himself.

Zeitgeist nodded his head to her words. "I will certainly see what I can do then." After all he wasn't certain exactly what he could promise since he had never hunted for such a thing before. But certainly one of the merchants must know of where such a things could possibly be found.

The dog sat himself down near the female, motioning for Guillotine to do the same. "Ah, cooked meat. It has been much too long. I wouldn't suppose you'd have sweetbreads upon which to place it or a bit of wine to wash it down with?" He knew just what a long shot it would be to be able to have the same sort of meal as he used to back over in Europe. Still it was a great pleasure to run into someone else that believed in cooked meat. Zeitgeist placed his hands on the ground behind him and leande his weight back on his arms as he relaxed, his legs stretched out in front of him and crossed easily at the ankles. "Now you said that there are a few packs near this area alone? Was there one that you could suggest as being a fit for the lot of us?"

like pierrot the clown.

Table by the Mentors!

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 727 :: ooc here

“Well, maybe when you get enough things, you’ll be able to do it. You never know, it may be a great thing to create.” Whatever the man would do, she hoped that he would be happy, or at least be satisfied with what he could do or find. The idea of a market was as farfetched as ever, but, she held no doubt of its possibility; she once snorted at the idea of a pack of canines living underground, in the mountains, but it was obviously true when she had met such one wolf that scented of earthy musk and the smoke of fires that lit dark passageways into the mountain. If realistic enough, she believed anything in these lands could happen, if one had enough moral and necessities to perform it.

Sparrow became awkwardly silent as Zeitgeist directly inquired about her enjoyments, and even further so as he continued. “W-well, honestly, I don’t. Sure, I scout my clan’s borders, but that only takes up few hours of my day… I don’t even hunt—I have traps that do such for me.” She did not mention her lack of hunting finesse, and continued, “I guess that’s why I’m out here, just looking for something to do.” She wished she was more involved in with Inferni, but now that the Boreas were quiet, she wanted to give everyone space, since they were still burdened by dark thoughts and remaining anger. “But, I’m glad to have something to work on, it’ll give me something to do instead of wandering around.”

“I’m afraid not,” Sparrow answered regrettably, again not enjoying that she was coming up short. But, a thought occurred to her, and she quickly left her sit, parting and searching through the grass. After about thirty seconds of silent looking, she sighed in relief as she found what she looked for. “Have you ever tried bilberries before?” she asked, bending over to pick a few of them for the group to try, walking back over to them with a handful of the blue berries. “It’s not wine and sweetbread… but these are sweet. And, they seem to be a bit juicy, so they could work, too?” If the man had his hand out, she gave him the berries, a slight smile on her face, thinking about early memories of her mother showing them to her before. She did not know if the dog ate plants, but she hoped he would not reject them, she herself finding them a good treat when coming across them, though she never sought them out daily.

“As far as I know, there’s about four packs that’s very close to us, though one of them is up the mountains, a bit far away. The one that’s farthest north is the wolf pack, New Dawn… I think they only like wolves, though.” She had to grimace a bit as she remembered their slight distaste for coyotes, but she did not dwell on it as she handed out the pieces of meat she had proportioned while talking to the men. “Then there’s the mountain pack, Anathema; they’re pretty welcoming to everyone, but… they just have a weird vibe about them. Then there’s my clan, Inferni, though I don’t think you’ll be welcomed there—only coyotes may join.” Sparrow then frowned further, and sighed at the next information she was sharing.

“And there’s Salsola, the pack that’s closest west. Inferni and they are on good terms but… I heard some bad things about them. They take in slaves, canines that are not Luperci as their servants and making them undergo the transformation themselves.” Her tone was bitter, and it was obvious to see that the last part struck her the most emotional. “I mean, even their leader is strange. I saw him a couple of weeks ago, and he just looks so… smug, proud. Like, even if you never met him before, he was better than you just by default, you know?” She never spoke to the man, and she highly doubt she would ever, but just by his usual suave demeanor she was warded off by him. She huffed at her ranting, and became a little meek. “Eh… sorry for that. It’s just that, no one likes to talk about it. Anyway, I heard about a dog pack farther south, maybe that could be to your fancy?”

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Zeitgeist only gave a silent nod at her words that he figured her to mean to be encouraging. He would think on it but he wasn't certain what would come of his attempts. As he didn't really know of anyone, especially none with a constant supply of wares to be bartered for, he wasn't certain how he would rally anyone together for a market. Perhaps he could speak with a trader once back in Freetown and see if he might be able to garner any advice there. Perhaps someone there would aide him in figuring out where to start. Zeitgeist had no doubt that trying to undertake such a task would take quite a bit of time before he could ever make it come to fruitarian, if he was even able to manage that much.

"Traps?" Z perked up, clearly intrigued. "How easy is it to acquire these traps and what are their success rates?" While he was unable to hunt for himself then perhaps what this female was talking about would aide him. He certainly could use whatever help he could get in order to be able to keep Guillotine fed. Right now he was simply scavenging for their meals. Or well, sharing a meal with another as he was doing with this female.

"I have not, no." He said as he held out his hand. He looked down at the berries that were placed there and sniffed at them. He placed one into his mouth before holding out his hand to Guillotine to allow the boy to sample the fruit as well. "They certainly aren't bad." Zeitgeist spoke up once he had ended up swallowing, handing off the palmful of berries to Guillotine so the boy would have at least a bit of extra nutrition.

Zeitgeist took the piece of meat, passing one down to Guillotine while accepting a smaller piece for himself. He chewed on the cooked meat while listening to the female talk about the packs and explain what one must be in order to join. "What good are these servants if they are not able to perform even the menial of tasks?" He asked quietly. The subject of slavery wasn't a new one to him. It was how he had acquired Guillotine after all. But he had only taken the boy from his master because he was being mistreated and not that Z had found anything morally wrong with having a slave. As long as they weren't being mistreated then he saw no reason not to have an extra set of hands around to help with things that one could not do alone.

Zeitgeist took another small bite of his portion, savoring it and trying to make it last longer. "And how is a leader to act if not to command respect from even those that he doesn't know?" Or perhaps he was interpreting what she was saying all wrong. to him it simply sounded like anyone else you could run into at the market. They had something that you wanted and they knew it. It really was an art to be able to play into their ego and allow them to know you acknowledge their superiority. "This leader, do you know where he comes from?" At least since the female was bothered by it Zeitgeist was figuring that the leader might not be from the area if the was he was acting seemed to be so peculiar.

"A pack of dogs?" He asked with a chuckle. "Funny thing is that while I ran around with a bachelor group back in England hardly any one them were dogs. Or at least full dogs." Sure, there had been more dogs but a greater number of them lived outside of the city and Zeitgeist simply didn't venture out of the city too often. At least not unless it was absolutely necessary. "So is there anything more that you know of this dog pack? Oh, and which pack are you with?"

like pierrot the clown.

Table by the Mentors!

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 616 :: ooc here

She was a little taken aback by the man’s questions about her traps, since no one had ever asked about them until then. It was either they never took up interest in her talk about them, or finding them useless when they could just go out and track, shoot, or claw at their prey instead of messing around with ropes and debris. “W-well, I wouldn’t say you acquire the trap itself, but more or less like acquiring the skills to make them. And, as for their success, they usually catch living things. Sometimes they snare by themselves, but most of the time they will catch rodents and the occasional bird.” She had not made a trap in the past few days, the thanks given to her budding archery skills. But, she added nonetheless, “I could show you a few, but we’d have to go somewhere more wooded, with plants and the sort. It’d be hard to make anything out here.”

Sparrow smiled as he nibbled on the berries, though her smile did not remain long on her face as she talked about Salsola. In honesty, not many, if not all, Inferni coyotes liked the thistle kingdom, but they were on good terms from common enemies. It was an odd alliance, but the woman guessed it was better than having tension on both sides of the territory, so to speak.

She frowned even further as Zeitgeist softly commented about the slaves, and tried not to take his words to heart. As she curled her legs up to her chest, she murmured, “I guess they would be no good at all… It’s just, they are not asked if they want to serve. They are just taken, forced to become Luperci, and then labeled as cattle.” She thought that he would agree with her, seeing how he had Guillotine. But, he saw the slavery through different eyes, ones that Sparrow found cold. She did not want to talk about the subject even further, not wanting her opinion of the dog to dwindle over… things that were out of her hands, sadly enough, she thought spitefully to herself.

Again, she was lost for words as Zeitgeist pointed out another reason that could be justiciable. Still, she found the thorn king’s persona hardly respectable, but this was coming from a woman who dealt with such beings before and had a bad history with them. “It would be nice if he would act a bit more honorable though,” she commented, sighing through her nose and resting her chin on her knees. “Anyway, I heard that he came from the mountains, Anathema. But, that was just before he formed Salsola, and though he was born here in Nova Scotia, wasn’t always in that pack. I heard that he came from someplace else, from over the big water.” It did not bother her to share this information, finding it otherwise unimportant.

“I actually don’t know anything much about that pack—it’s more south than I would ever usually travel, being filled with wolves and nary a coyote at times. Some people call it the Court, though, so you could ask some other person about it by that name if you want to know more about it.” She paused, thinking over her words. “I’m from Inferni, the clan that only lets coyotes join. I guess you can say we’re wary of those of are not in the pack itself, but, some of us are willing to have a friendly chat with those not of ‘yote blood instead of turning the other nose. We just had a recent… disagreement with some wolves. Even though it’s all settled, I wouldn’t recommend straying too close to our borders.”

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Zeitgeist nodded his head along with the female's spoken words. It was a pity that there wasn't a way to obtain premade traps but he certainly appreciated the offer to be shown how to set them up himself. Z figured that was better than nothing at all in the very least. He couldn't hunt and even though what she mentioned were small catches it would at least be something for Guillotine to eat. That was what really mattered the most of all to the dog. "I certainly wouldn't mind learning how whenever you have the spare time to do so." He didn't expect her to get up and show him straight away. Even though the pickings were often slim Zeitgeist was still managing with a bit of scavenging.

Zeitgeist was simply used to living in another part of the world where it was often a common affair. If one couldn't afford their purchases then usually their services were sold to make up for what they would be otherwise unable to purchase. He wasn't exactly used to those that weren't already Luperci so he had no idea what it was like to force a transformation. All that he had ran across regularly were already Luperci so there had never been anything of a force to change from what he had seen. Slavery simply wasn't an issue to him because he knew of too many that had only that option to pay off their debts and well, a life of servitude was better than death. At least that was the dog's opinion of things. So long as they weren't being treated unfairly and being abused then he didn't find himself too fussed about the subject.

"Honorable? What do you mean?" He found that honor varied depending upon who spoke of such values. He was curious as to what this female found to be honorable. "Ah, that might be it then. From where I cam from you would find just about anyone like that should they have something worth bartering for. Merchants were certainly the worse at thinking they were better than everyone else. But I suppose they were since everyone flocked to them to obtain their goods." Zeitgeist offered up a bit of his own insight with a shrug. It was such a common occurrence within the market that he had grown numb to such attitudes.

"Even though I possess not a single drop of wolf blood I would be looked down upon?" He found the concept strange indeed. He could understand not liking another for their actions and deeds but he didn't understand the prejudice against species. One could control what they said and dead but hadn't the slightest control over what they were born as. That hardly seemed fair at all. "It is odd to think that I could be instantly disliked for the blood that courses through my veins rather than being judged on my actions alone."

like pierrot the clown.

Table by the Mentors!

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 551 :: she ~finally~ mentions Sirius's name. xD pm me if you don't want her, too, and i'll easily edit it out.

“The lessons would be quick—most of it is easy, using the things around you for one’s own benefit. I’ll be willing to share some rope with you if you lack it; it’ll help catch better prey,” she murmured, thinking over the few knots that the group of foreigners had taught her a couple of months ago that were at the heart of the simple traps. The skill was hardly complicated, she being a feral woman that never heard of such mechanisms and yet was able to perform them with finesse. Sparrow doubted that he would have much trouble whenever she would teach Zeitgeist, perhaps being exposed to such before.

She guessed she had become too biased to tell the man about Salsola without tarnishing their title with their less than appealing aspects. She just thought that anything that took away one’s freedoms and choices… It was awful, and should be taken out from the world as soon as possible. Sparrow assumed that the man was unable or just refused to look through the eyes of the slaves themselves, and couldn’t emphasize their situation, and did not wish to speak further of it. As for the forced transformation, she did not want to dabble into that talk at all with the man, the subject too sensitive and Zeitgeist not the person to discuss such things with. Most Luperci wouldn’t understand, anyway, being born with the virus; they couldn’t phantom the fear of the first transformation when no one prepared them for it, almost being like a waking nightmare that only ended when the deed was done.

“I… don’t know. I guess I meant that he would gain respect in a more kindly way, one that would be more respectable instead of some thinking lesser of him. I just don’t agree with his methods on how he acts.” She listened to his talk about the people of his place, and frowned even further. “If you ever make a market, I hope no one will become like that. This land isn’t tolerable enough to have another snake like that, much less a whole village like Sirius.” At least, she and her clan would not stand such attitude from an outsider that did not have power behind them, in her opinion. That was perhaps the only reason why anyone could stand the Boss: he was a king, with deadly venom that seeped into his subjects that were as loyal as they could get.

Sparrow was quiet for a moment, but admitted, “I wouldn’t know about you, specifically; I never saw any dog skulls on our borders or talk about them. But, better safe than sorry, since I can’t speak for individuals; some take coyote pride to supremacy.” Such extremists were the Boreas wolves as well, and she again had to wonder if coyote fanatics had a change of heart, though she did not know any herself. She had distasted wolves herself for personal reasons, but never went as far as to label all as bad people, or at least attempted to. Still, she felt the need to defend her clan. “It’s odd to think that some should be enslaved because they weren’t born with something,” she countered, not even realizing she was bringing the subject back up. “But, people are entitled to their opinions.”

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → ### :: It is fine hun, I don't mind. I didn't know she knew his name actually.

"Thank you for your kindness. If you wish for further repayment then simply name what you want." Z certainly didn't mind paying for the services that he had received. It was generally what was expected where he had come from. And well he was acquiring and learning much more than he had expected in this chance meeting, especially since it had seemed to be a rather rocky encounter at points. "And you said that these only catch small things? What do you do for something larger?" Most certainly Zeitgeist would give away whatever catches there were so that Guillotine would be fed and he would just continue to scavenge for himself. That is unless the female knew of something useful to be able to bring down something larger that would be able to feed both males.

"I can't speak for how others will act. With some having even the smallest amount of power or wealth goes to their head." Zeitgeist laughed and shook his head. "To look at me now I bet you would never guess that I used to be among the wealthiest back over in Europe." But he had given it all up when he had left though. The thought amused him at least until he remembered the name that she had spoken. "Wait, did you say Sirius?" It couldn't be, could it? "Bella brunna? Beautiful brunette?" He knew it was wrong to get his hopes up but he simply couldn't help himself. Had the man really come to places that had been marked out on the map. "Would you happen to know of a surname?" Z spoke quietly, as if afraid to speak loudly would rob away the chance that there might be another name to accompany the first.

Zeitgeist shook his head slowly. "The only I know to be enslaved are those that couldn't pay their debts and so they work them off or else those that were caught trying to cheat and steal. Either way, it is much better to live and serve than it is to be killed because one was unable to keep up with their obligations." Those where the terms that Zeitgeist knew about and freedom could always be bought for the right price as he had proven with Guillotine. "As you clan is likely to hate me for what I can't help being should you really be offering your help and services to me? Would they not turn against you for what could be seen as betrayal?" Once again he was speaking softly. When Zeitgeist had first accepted the offer he had no idea that her people felt such and way. And now, well, he was wondering if the female had even thought through the consequences for her actions.

like pierrot the clown.

Table by the Mentors!

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 589 :: ooc here

“Honestly, there isn’t anything else I want. Consider it a gift between two friends.” Sparrow saw Zeitgeist as a good acquaintance, at least, since they had made a successful trade and shared a meal, and giving their relationship such a label might make it stronger between the two. While she did not want to interfere with canines outside of Inferni, the man had stated to be a good trader, and thought that perhaps after their first trade, they could instigate more whenever he needed her service again, whatever it may have been for. Having an acquaintance with such skills and means that could acquire resources, it was one that should be kept close.

The woman thought about his question for a bit. Being a wanderer, never staying in one place for too long, and by herself, she never needed to catch anything more than a quick meal that would get her through the day. Because of that, she never attempted to trap anything bigger than a large rodent or bird, but was certain that it was possible. “I think I may know a way to catch something big. I would believe the rope I have is thick enough to hold anything without breaking, but you’d probably have to be careful—whatever prey you catch may still be alive, and a trapped animal is the most dangerous thing you can tangle with when hunting.” She should know, having been kicked, sliced, and bit by so many creatures that knew that their time was up.

She regarded the man once more as he spoke of his riches, but did not understand what he meant. She underestimated his meaning of wealth, and imagined one being wealthy as having much territory and a leading a pack. For instance, her Aquila and Sirius were wealthy men, leaders of their packs and owning rich lands that they had control over. Baubles and gold were worth nothing to the woman, nothing that glitters and shines would help you live another day unless it caught prey for you. Why be rich when you were dead, right? As she thought the frivolous thing over, she was caught by surprise when Z seemed to be more interested in the Boss. “Yeah, I said Sirius… I guess he could be considered beautiful, and he does have brown fur.” The man was a looker, but he fawned over his own being too much for her to even fancy his appearance. “He is a Revlis man—wait, don’t tell me… you actually know him?” For a moment, she was being to doubt if she should have told him her thoughts about the dark man, but managed to hide her concern.

Again, Zeitgeist proved another point. Some of the slaves Salsola kept could have only been those punished, but she favored the rumors, nonetheless. She turned her head to the man when he spoke his concern, and was taken aback. “Of course, no! Inferni doesn’t make everyone believe that anyone whom isn’t a coyote shouldn’t be talked to; more or less, we’re free to do what we want with anyone we want as long as it doesn’t get the clan in trouble. I don’t see why they would turn against me if I trade with a dog, since they trade with the other wolf packs and are at rather neutral with them. They just don’t like anyone sneaking around our borders or attacking our members—more likely than not, it’s mainly the wolf’s fault for the fight if it’s on our own land.”

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

"Friends?" He certainly didn't mind the sound of that but he hadn't thought that the other would jump to such a conclusion already. Zeitgeist would never be one to say that he made friends easily. He would say he had loads of friendly acquaintances that he could call upon should he need them but none that he would give the strict title of friend to. Why should he when the one he had actually considered a friend had ended up abandoning him without a word. Not to mention that the activities in which he had always involved himself in weren't exactly the sort to inspire confidence and trust within others.

Zeitgeist gave a nod of his head with her warning. "I will have to make certain to obtain a blade of some sort when I go back to Freetown. Certainly a slit throat would be enough to stave off any danger." Not to mention that he fancied he would be a fan of a quick death rather than wishing to actually hunt and cause such struggle and a prolonged death. He had never had a death on his hands before and he'd rather it be a swift one if he was forced to kill. It still wasn't a pleasing thought to think he might end up with blood on his hands though.

While he didn't have territory to himself and couldn't say he was defined leader he had been held with high regaurd within the band of bachelors. Sirius had called the shots while he had been Sirius's right hand, earning as much respect for himself as Sirius had. Even if he didn't have run of the area in which they had stayed he had still been known rather well by all in the area. He was especially known within the marketplace and had even had a few merchants begging for his patronage. He hadn't had to look hard for things he wished to acquire but had those that he knew well enough that would let him know when something that would strike his fancy was made available. As for his baubles, they were what had kept him alive. He parted with the trinkets in order to acquire food as well as company. But again that was like a whole different world from what he found here.

"Perhaps. I can't say for certain if he is the same as the one I remember or not until I meet with him." The briefest hope flared within his chest but he would not allow himself to give into it and actually believe it just yet. He didn't know what the odds would be that there was another running about with the same name. Still Z was wary of actually believing that he might have actually found someone who knew exactly where to find just who had been searching for. No, it was best to hold off such hopes until he could find out for certain if it was the same male or not.

The dog wasn't certain if he could actually believe what it was that the female was saying after she had described those that she was staying among. How could they hold prejudices and then simply not care what the members did? It didn't make any sense at all to him. "So long as you aren't troubling yourself on my account." He was still giving the female a way out in case she should find herself in need of it. If he had to then Zeitgeist felt confident that he could obtain winter attire elsewhere. Perhaps not tailor made for him but he didn't think the task would be impossible as he certainly couldn't be the only one to want warmth in addition to his own fur for the winter.

like pierrot the clown.

Table by the Mentors!

<style>
</style>
[/html]